The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #3261  
Old 03-07-2011, 08:49 AM
csw csw is offline
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Columbus, United States
Posts: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
*death* Ok so here`s a newly released photo of William and Kate together on graduation day from the royal wedding page

Catherine Middleton - family photographs | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
How nice! There are more childhood photos of Catherine released by St. James Palace.
__________________

  #3262  
Old 03-07-2011, 08:49 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 3,108
I don't know- that no-comment sounds suspicious!

As for the denials by Burton, she probably has a non-disclosure clause in the contract and has no choice than to lie. (Because if she says no comment, everyone will know it's really true!)
__________________

  #3263  
Old 03-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Britters's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DC, United States
Posts: 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossop7 View Post
What's the betting some people will complain that these photos were only released as a means to boost the Middleton family as a whole or specifically their business somehow, lol!
Luckily the photos were released by the Palace in accompaniment of the first official biography and so it really had very little to do with a conscious choice by the Middleton's. Sure they chose the photos, but since the Palace wouldn't have childhood photos of Kate just lying around, it would make sense they'd have to go to the family! Besides all the photos released can be uploaded for free from the Royal Flikr site!

I'm sure people will try to make the argument that the Middleton family did it for their own personal gain, but since it's come from the Palace and the photos aren't just randomly floating into the public for no reason, I'd say those peoples arguments are flimsy at best!
__________________
Have you ever wished on a star? It's a magic everyone needs to experience!
  #3264  
Old 03-07-2011, 11:37 AM
MRSJ's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: ******, United States
Posts: 1,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters

Luckily the photos were released by the Palace in accompaniment of the first official biography and so it really had very little to do with a conscious choice by the Middleton's. Sure they chose the photos, but since the Palace wouldn't have childhood photos of Kate just lying around, it would make sense they'd have to go to the family! Besides all the photos released can be uploaded for free from the Royal Flikr site!

I'm sure people will try to make the argument that the Middleton family did it for their own personal gain, but since it's come from the Palace and the photos aren't just randomly floating into the public for no reason, I'd say those peoples arguments are flimsy at best!
Agreed! This is a BRF thing not a Middleton thing though.... her work history has been flushed out a bit on the official biography so that is good but of course will bring plp questioning truthfulness.... I didn't know she started a bit of an offshoot called First Birthdays! See, we learn something new about her every day Its getting to feel more real to me, how exciting!

Also- Kate Nichol and Tina Brown are on The View today in US... If they say anything interesting I'll post it!
  #3265  
Old 03-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 1,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
I have the Sunday Parade and it has an ad for a Kate Middleton bridal doll, the caption says the dress she is shown in is an artists rendering and the actual dress will be on doll once revealed but... the 'fake' dress is gorgeous! Wish I could get a pic! It's a lace bodice and sleeves tight against body and long skirt with cascading lillies! If the dress looks like this so happy! But they call her Princess Kate (ha we at RF know how wrong that is)

Also is Sarah of McQueen considered a well known designer? Because didn't they say designers not well known...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I saw that advertisement as well Mrs. J!

And I liked the dress, and the flowers...

Hopefully we shall see something similar.
Is it to be found online somewhere? I can't find the Sunday Parade...
  #3266  
Old 03-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 207
Umm, this may not be the right thread...wasn't actually sure which thread this should go in, is there just a general news/spottings thread for Kate that isn't necessarily wedding specific? (Anyway feel free to move this to a more appropriate thread if warranted :) )

Just read this artilce on Lainey's website (it's a celeb gossip site but she's quite excited about the wedding & posts about stuff related to it now & then). Anyway she posted an article about the dress rumours, the photos & biography released today for Kate but also posted pics of Kate out to lunch or dinner with friends from last week apparently...they are pap pics though so I never really like them so much since it's vaguely creepy sometimes & they sometimes go overboard getting pics of celebs etc.
Anyway, the link to her article if people wanted a look Kate Middleton rumoured to have chosen McQueen for wedding dress and new family photos 07mar11
  #3267  
Old 03-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Mia_mae's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SP, Brazil
Posts: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossop7 View Post
Umm, this may not be the right thread...wasn't actually sure which thread this should go in, is there just a general news/spottings thread for Kate that isn't necessarily wedding specific? (Anyway feel free to move this to a more appropriate thread if warranted :) )

Just read this artilce on Lainey's website (it's a celeb gossip site but she's quite excited about the wedding & posts about stuff related to it now & then). Anyway she posted an article about the dress rumours, the photos & biography released today for Kate but also posted pics of Kate out to lunch or dinner with friends from last week apparently...they are pap pics though so I never really like them so much since it's vaguely creepy sometimes & they sometimes go overboard getting pics of celebs etc.
Anyway, the link to her article if people wanted a look Kate Middleton rumoured to have chosen McQueen for wedding dress and new family photos 07mar11
I always check this site. Tnks, rossop7 ! she's has admitted to be really excited about the wedding too so...

Now, I really hope they got the job cause people are stating this piece of news as a FACT. Can you imagine if it's not the case? If people are showing great amount of excitement, the "real designer" must be thinking: Damn it! now I will have to McQueen-ed ! :P
__________________
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
  #3268  
Old 03-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
.... her work history has been flushed out a bit on the official biography so that is good but of course will bring plp questioning truthfulness....
Have you noticed that Kate's official bio states that she started at St Andrews in 2002??!!... It was supposed to be 2001...
  #3269  
Old 03-07-2011, 03:02 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 3,299
^It now says 2001. I imagine they made a mistake.
  #3270  
Old 03-07-2011, 04:01 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,785
I LOVE this article I'm really hoping it's true especially since if it is it's more likely we may get pictures of them arriving to the nightime reception

Royal Round-Up: The Queen to dance to ‘Dancing Queen?’ | Posted | National Post
  #3271  
Old 03-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Lady Ann's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: IN THE CITY, United States
Posts: 857
The new photos of Kate are great but I like that they put the one of the two of them in there as well... some back history(new) on the couple is nice on a wedding site.
__________________
Lady Ann
Life began with waking up and loving my mother's face…~ George Eliot ~
  #3272  
Old 03-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 1,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
I have the Sunday Parade and it has an ad for a Kate Middleton bridal doll, the caption says the dress she is shown in is an artists rendering and the actual dress will be on doll once revealed but... the 'fake' dress is gorgeous! Wish I could get a pic! It's a lace bodice and sleeves tight against body and long skirt with cascading lillies! If the dress looks like this so happy! But they call her Princess Kate (ha we at RF know how wrong that is)

Also is Sarah of McQueen considered a well known designer? Because didn't they say designers not well known...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I saw that advertisement as well Mrs. J!

And I liked the dress, and the flowers...

Hopefully we shall see something similar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Is it to be found online somewhere? I can't find the Sunday Parade...
Hehe, this may look funny since I'm also quoting myself, but I think I have found a link towards the mentioned bridal doll:

Kate Middleton Doll | Princess Kate Bride Doll - The Danbury Mint.
  #3273  
Old 03-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Jazz's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seattle, United States
Posts: 11
I do hope it's true that Catherine must have her arms covered, at least a little. I just don't like any bride dresses that are totally sleeveless. IMHO Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden looked perfect as did Grace Kelly. Very different gowns, many years apart, but the impact from both was spectacular.
  #3274  
Old 03-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,121
Who has said she 'must' have her arms covered?
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #3275  
Old 03-07-2011, 04:58 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 1,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
I do hope it's true that Catherine must have her arms covered, at least a little. I just don't like any bride dresses that are totally sleeveless. IMHO Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden looked perfect as did Grace Kelly. Very different gowns, many years apart, but the impact from both was spectacular.
IMO, Crown Princess Victoria's gown was too simple. I suppose perfect for her, but for me it was lacking. I do like Grace Kelly's gown very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Who has said she 'must' have her arms covered?
I believe Bruce Oldfield has stated that Westminster Abbey requires covered arms or at least not a strapless dress. Hmmm, that doesn't exactly sound the same .
  #3276  
Old 03-07-2011, 05:04 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ****, Canada
Posts: 1,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
I do hope it's true that Catherine must have her arms covered, at least a little. I just don't like any bride dresses that are totally sleeveless. IMHO Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden looked perfect as did Grace Kelly. Very different gowns, many years apart, but the impact from both was spectacular.
I would like to also see Kate cover up as it were. I do not think strapless gowns are for weddings and the bride especially; they are for torch singers.
  #3277  
Old 03-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
IMO, Crown Princess Victoria's gown was too simple. I suppose perfect for her, but for me it was lacking. I do like Grace Kelly's gown very much.

I thought Victoria's dress extremely plain, but I have to admit it did suit her.

Grace's dress was absolutely beautiful; photographs simply do not do it justice!
When you see it in person, the detail in it is exquisite!

(It's sometimes put on display at the Philadelphia Art Museum, along with a bridesmaid's and flower girl's dress. Grace's mother donated the clothing to the museum, but it is rarely displayed to avoid damage).
  #3278  
Old 03-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,004
I think that Kate will wear a minimum of elbow-length sleeves. Great comment BTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
I do not think strapless gowns are for weddings and the bride especially; they are for torch singers.
  #3279  
Old 03-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 1,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I thought Victoria's dress extremely plain, but I have to admit it did suit her.

Grace's dress was absolutely beautiful; photographs simply do not do it justice!
When you see it in person, the detail in it is exquisite!

(It's sometimes put on display at the Philadelphia Art Museum, along with a bridesmaid's and flower girl's dress. Grace's mother donated the clothing to the museum, but it is rarely displayed to avoid damage).
You state my opinion better than I did myself!
I remember feeling disappointment when I saw her emerge out of the car with those short sleeves.
It's what you say, extremely plain but I also think it did suit her. It was just not my cup of tea.
  #3280  
Old 03-07-2011, 05:25 PM
MRSJ's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: ******, United States
Posts: 1,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossop7

Just read this artilce on Lainey's website (it's a celeb gossip site but she's quite excited about the wedding & posts about stuff related to it now & then). Anyway she posted an article about the dress rumours, the photos & biography released today for Kate but also posted pics of Kate out to lunch or dinner with friends from last week apparently...they are pap pics though so I never really like them so much since it's vaguely creepy sometimes & they sometimes go overboard getting pics of celebs etc.
Anyway, the link to her article if people wanted a look Kate Middleton rumoured to have chosen McQueen for wedding dress and new family photos 07mar11
Neat- I've never seen these pics before!
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll gothia cup grand duke jean greece hereditary grand duchess stéphanie's fashion & style ingrid alexandra kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy movies new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit royal fashion september 2016 sheikha moza state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:25 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises