The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 08:00 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Royal wedding cost rises to 20m as police earn double time for working bank holiday | Mail Online

Old 03-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Nobility

Is Sarah Burton the designer?

Lots of websites are claiming that Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueen has been chosen as the dress designer?

Reports say royal wedding dress designer 'chosen'

Old 03-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Nobility

after looking at this, I rather hope the Sarah Burton rumor is false:

Sarah Burton’s First Show for McQueen Full of Feathers and Wheat Sheaths -- The Cut
Old 03-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Aristocracy

Like with the numerous people rumoured/confirmed for the guestlist, I'll believe it when I see it. So many rumours & speculation around everything with this wedding & quite frankly I don't believe anything written in papers etc is anything other than pure speculation unless it's something announced officially from BP/CH or it's the wedding day itself & we can see it all for ourselves. Everything is else is just rumour & speculation in my mind & I take it all with a giant mound of salt
Old 03-06-2011, 10:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Still, the Sarah Burton rumor is everywhere!
And I go by the rule of three- if you read something in three separate sources, it's true.

Still, she's denying it and denying it. If it was true, wouldn't she just refuse comment rather than lie?
Old 03-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

It's everywhere, in the US? I haven't heard the rumour over here yet. I'll be shocked if it is true. Refusing to comment on something usually means that it is true.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:44 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Is Alexander McQueen's successor Sarah Burton designing Kate Middleton's wedding dress? | Mail Online
Old 03-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Apparently it has hit here.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Administrator

When it came time to pop the question, Prince William slid a very special ring on Kate Middleton's finger: the diamond-studded sapphire stunner that belonged to his mother, Princess Diana.

But just weeks before their April 29 nuptials, here's another question: What ring will William put on Middleton's finger to seal the deal?

Who Will Design Kate Middleton and Prince William's Wedding Bands? - Kate Middleton, Prince William, The British Royals : People.com

Old 03-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Nobility

The McQueen rumor started with an article in the Sunday Times and has been circulating ever since. I hope it's true.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:36 PM
Royal Highness

I have the Sunday Parade and it has an ad for a Kate Middleton bridal doll, the caption says the dress she is shown in is an artists rendering and the actual dress will be on doll once revealed but... the 'fake' dress is gorgeous! Wish I could get a pic! It's a lace bodice and sleeves tight against body and long skirt with cascading lillies! If the dress looks like this so happy! But they call her Princess Kate (ha we at RF know how wrong that is)

Also is Sarah of McQueen considered a well known designer? Because didn't they say designers not well known...
Old 03-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Administrator

I saw that advertisement as well Mrs. J!

And I liked the dress, and the flowers...

Hopefully we shall see something similar.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Nobility

The news just hit Paris as well. But they announced it as it was really her who has been commissionned. They just forgot to say she denies the claim. I really hope it's true. She has a huge, enormous, talent. For example she did the last evening dress Mrs Obama wore (the red and black one). This dress is absolutely faboulous, and I saw a green one (not the same dress) totally fantastic. Cross fingers it will be fantastic news.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Courtier

If it's true that Sarah will design the dress, it's not a total surprise since Sara Buys also used Burton for her wedding dress and it's possible she gave advice to Kate like every other female around her -- but it's great that Kate would go more high fashion to create a moment.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
I have the Sunday Parade and it has an ad for a Kate Middleton bridal doll, the caption says the dress she is shown in is an artists rendering and the actual dress will be on doll once revealed but... the 'fake' dress is gorgeous! Wish I could get a pic! It's a lace bodice and sleeves tight against body and long skirt with cascading lillies! If the dress looks like this so happy! But they call her Princess Kate (ha we at RF know how wrong that is)

Also is Sarah of McQueen considered a well known designer? Because didn't they say designers not well known...
Love the look of the dress, especially the top and sleeves with all the lace. This doll really looks like Ms. Middleton. The tiara and flowers remind me of Diana, Princess of Wales wedding. I hope Catherine goes with a gown like the one on the doll.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
It's everywhere, in the US? I haven't heard the rumour over here yet. I'll be shocked if it is true. Refusing to comment on something usually means that it is true.
Indeed, there is a big difference between not confirming something/having no comment & outright lying about something which then can later be shown to have be true (which obviously with the dress we will one day for sure be abe to say so&so designed it).

At the same time I suppose they could argue that they were "lying" to protect themselves, the design etc. So in a sense lying about being involved was a little "white lie" for a greater good (designers work in some peace, less hounded by press etc, design more likely to stay secret, not ruining the surprise)

Meh, I still say I'm not actually believing anything whatsoever until it's officially announced from BP/CH or it's actually the wedding & we can see for ourselves. It's fun to speculate but really that's all it is, speculation, because no-one is actually going to come out & say "oh you caught me, yes it's me, I'm designing the dress!" They'll all deny/have no comment til after the wedding regardless of whether they know they're doing it or not!

That said for speculation's sake I think a McQueen design (or Sarah Burton specifically in this case) would be a very intriguing, potentially great, choice.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Royal Highness

So Sarah Burton designed Camilla's daughter in laws dress? Hmmm..... Both parties are denying (designer and RF) so either the paper of them will look like 'liars' on April 29th.....
Old 03-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Royal Highness

Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueen is an expensive exorbitantly priced designer. Agreed that she is highly talented. This maybe true but psychologically it does not sit well. So we wait and watch on the special day. Why does Kate hide the designer?Perhaps it would have better to announce the designer rather than allow the press to go bananas...
Old 03-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Just this once I wish the RF would issue a denial - would they even know who the Osbornes are? I seriously doubt they are invited to the wedding - next thing we know all the Kardashians, Paris Hilton, all the housewifes from all the cities (there must be 50 by now,) Spencer and Heidi, Lindsay Lohan and even Charlie Sheen and the several hundred other reality show publicity wannabes will be claiming invites (and even phonying up replica invitations) which they aren't accepting. These people are such legends in their own minds that they are clueless as to how ridiculous their claims are @ times.
If Sharon Osborne actually shows up at Westminster and is seated in the church for the wedding I'll eat my words, but until then I'm calling her a liar. Or maybe she was making a really bad joke that was taken out of context.
I heard that The Situation from Jersey Shore was invited. Maybe Kate like's his abs...
Old 03-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru View Post
The news just hit Paris as well. But they announced it as it was really her who has been commissionned. They just forgot to say she denies the claim. I really hope it's true. She has a huge, enormous, talent. For example she did the last evening dress Mrs Obama wore (the red and black one). This dress is absolutely faboulous, and I saw a green one (not the same dress) totally fantastic. Cross fingers it will be fantastic news.
I hope it isn't. I don't care for anything I have seen as examples of her work. The wedding dress is hideous IMO and not something I could see Kate wearing.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding