The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 10:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I agree with your comments, and I think that the only thing that would over shadow William and Catherine on their wedding day is if by some miracle Diana rises from the dead to make an appearance, or if the second coming of Christ happens to fall on April 29th - lol.
Quote:
Picture it: Westminster Abbey, elegant gown, diamond tiara, QEII in attendance--

"Today I marry my best friend!"
This thread is cracking me up lately!

Old 03-04-2011, 11:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdxyz View Post
Picture it: Westminster Abbey, elegant gown, diamond tiara, QEII in attendance--

"Today I marry my best friend!"

Gag me!
Ha!!! (There needs to be a smilie spitting out it's drink and then laughing which is what I nearly just did!)

I don't think I have ever seen any royal wedding where they do their own vows. Unless you count Diana messing up Charles' names and basically marrying his father! Or Fergie causing a scandal by adding back in the word "obey" ( we should have been tipped off by that one)!

It would be nice if some royal wedding had some personally written vows if they were moving words, not dorky cliches, etc. Don't think it will be William though....

You guys are too funny!

Old 03-05-2011, 12:04 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Not in this lifetime they're not! I think having made their decision to get married they wanted to do it sooner rather than later. However, no royal would ever get married during Lent or, (Heaven Forfend) Easter, which is why they are getting married the following Friday 29th April 2011.
Actually the above poster was right, they are being married on Easter Friday. There is Holy week, the week leading up to Easter, starting with Palm Sunday and ending with Holy Saturday. Easter week starts with Easter Sunday, and ends with Easter Saturday. The Friday following Easter may be referred to as either Easter Friday or Bright Friday. While Lent ends at the Easter vigil, Easter itself does go for another week. This week is observed by the catholic church and several protestant churches, including the Anglican church.

Lent is the time of reflection and giving up most luxuries. So yes it would seem strange if a royal couple chose to marry during it.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:47 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
True, but I tend to believe her mainly because why lie about it, she's not getting that much publicity.....I am sure if she's lying in a few days there will be a 'oh I didn't mean that' statement

And perezhilton is actually pretty reliable when it come to celeb stuff and direct quotes....so Sharon may be lying but the site isn't lying that she gave that quote.....
I don't think Perez is lying. I don't know if Sharon is either, it's just suspicious and I wouldn't put it past her/the Osbourne family. Thus far, the only celebrities invited to the wedding have had some connection with the couple or their family, and they clearly don't, so it's weird. (Fwiw, Sharon is on a daily talk show in the US and Perez, for one, has millions of visitors each day, so there is definitely publicity there.)

I find it a bit ironic that two of the few top level/well-known British designers that have good designs for Kate are "celebrity" designers - Beckham and Stella McCartney. Both make well-tailored, slim-fitting, unfussy outfits. Maybe we should get used to it.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:31 AM
Nobility

FYI: Victoria Beckham is in a completely different league than are Jacqueline Smith, J Lo, Madonna, Tiger Woods and other celebs who have 'lent' their names to clothing lines made by large manufacturers -- and the celebs may make a trip or two to 'approve' designs. Victoria's designs are created in a couture shop where she alone is responsible for the designs and fabric selections. From what I have been told, she works with a cutter to create the patterns for her designs by laying fabric on a mannequin. Not sure if she sketches, but some of the greatest fashion designers did not/do not sketch but work with cutters and pattern makers, using the mannequin technique. She has had Roland Mouret as a mentor, but most wearers of couture regard her extremely well. And I agree, Stella McCartney is a good example of a real designer who is also a celebrity.

BTW, I was never interested in VB or her brand of celebrity until I started seeing her couture work in Los Angeles a couple of years ago. It is really good and I give her a great deal of credit. And while her celebrity undoubtedly opened doors for her, she has real talent. And her signature look is understated elegance and therefore our about-to-be Princess would look fabulous in VB's designs.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanna Wynne View Post
FYI: Victoria Beckham is in a completely different league than are Jacqueline Smith, J Lo, Madonna, Tiger Woods and other celebs who have 'lent' their names to clothing lines made by large manufacturers -- and the celebs may make a trip or two to 'approve' designs. Victoria's designs are created in a couture shop where she alone is responsible for the designs and fabric selections. From what I have been told, she works with a cutter to create the patterns for her designs by laying fabric on a mannequin. Not sure if she sketches, but some of the greatest fashion designers did not/do not sketch but work with cutters and pattern makers, using the mannequin technique. She has had Roland Mouret as a mentor, but most wearers of couture regard her extremely well. And I agree, Stella McCartney is a good example of a real designer who is also a celebrity.

BTW, I was never interested in VB or her brand of celebrity until I started seeing her couture work in Los Angeles a couple of years ago. It is really good and I give her a great deal of credit. And while her celebrity undoubtedly opened doors for her, she has real talent. And her signature look is understated elegance and therefore our about-to-be Princess would look fabulous in VB's designs.
You, you're right, she's very involved in the design process. She has said that she does not personally do the sketches, but is involved just about every other aspect, as you detailed. She's very hands-on and it's her primary job, not just something that she dabbles in. I personally like her designs quite a bit and can see why they have become popular, and why Kate has asked to see them.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Let's get back on topic....Kate and William and not Victoria Beckham and whether or not she is a true designer.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcharlie

I don't think Perez is lying. I don't know if Sharon is either, it's just suspicious and I wouldn't put it past her/the Osbourne family. Thus far, the only celebrities invited to the wedding have had some connection with the couple or their family, and they clearly don't, so it's weird. (Fwiw, Sharon is on a daily talk show in the US and Perez, for one, has millions of visitors each day, so there is definitely publicity there.

I guess we will never know unless she shows invite.... I haven't seen any other publications pick up the story and she hasn't mentioned it on her show (yet) .... Oh well if she's not going then blah to her and IDC :) but if they are just inviting famous British celebs I hope they invited Paul McCartney!
Old 03-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Administrator

If they are inviting British celebs, I would imagine that like David Beckham, one would be able to show some sort of personal and/or working relationship.

Does William (or Kate) have one with Sharon Osbourne or Paul McCartney?
If not, I wouldn't bet on seeing them on the 29th.

I think the wedding guests will be a sea of relatives, friends and people who have either worked or interacted with Kate and Wililam. Like the people from Kate's village.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
If they are inviting British celebs, I would imagine that like David Beckham, one would be able to show some sort of personal and/or working relationship.

Does William (or Kate) have one with Sharon Osbourne or Paul McCartney?
If not, I wouldn't bet on seeing them on the 29th.

I think the wedding guests will be a sea of relatives, friends and people who have either worked or interacted with Kate and Wililam. Like the people from Kate's village.
According to Sharon she doesn't know Kate or William and thus she was invited but not attending.... As for Sir Paul who knows, that was just my wish
Old 03-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Courtier

Just this once I wish the RF would issue a denial - would they even know who the Osbornes are? I seriously doubt they are invited to the wedding - next thing we know all the Kardashians, Paris Hilton, all the housewifes from all the cities (there must be 50 by now,) Spencer and Heidi, Lindsay Lohan and even Charlie Sheen and the several hundred other reality show publicity wannabes will be claiming invites (and even phonying up replica invitations) which they aren't accepting. These people are such legends in their own minds that they are clueless as to how ridiculous their claims are @ times.
If Sharon Osborne actually shows up at Westminster and is seated in the church for the wedding I'll eat my words, but until then I'm calling her a liar. Or maybe she was making a really bad joke that was taken out of context.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Just this once I wish the RF would issue a denial - would they even know who the Osbornes are? I seriously doubt they are invited to the wedding - next thing we know all the Kardashians, Paris Hilton, all the housewifes from all the cities (there must be 50 by now,) Spencer and Heidi, Lindsay Lohan and even Charlie Sheen and the several hundred other reality show publicity wannabes will be claiming invites (and even phonying up replica invitations) which they aren't accepting. These people are such legends in their own minds that they are clueless as to how ridiculous their claims are @ times.
If Sharon Osborne actually shows up at Westminster and is seated in the church for the wedding I'll eat my words, but until then I'm calling her a liar. Or maybe she was making a really bad joke that was taken out of context.
Both Ossie and Sharon Osbourne are major supporters of The Prince's Trust. Ossie has performed numerous occasions at concerts raising money for the Prince's Trust. Both he and Sharon have attended receptions to thank participants for their work for the Prince's Trust. There are photos of both of them on different occasions with Prince Charles.

Unlike Paris Hilton etc who have no connection to Charles, the Osbournes do. I don't know if they have been invited, but if other supporters of The Prince's Trust get invited it's not that unlikely that the Osbourne's won't. Elton John it seems has got an invitation, although as he points out, he has only met Prince William twice, the first time when he was a child, his connection was with Diana.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:52 PM
Courtier

Thx for the info Charlotte1 - never mind, then, can you tell I'm not overly enamored w/ Ozzie and clan?
Old 03-06-2011, 12:50 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1

Both Ossie and Sharon Osbourne are major supporters of The Prince's Trust. Ossie has performed numerous occasions at concerts raising money for the Prince's Trust. Both he and Sharon have attended receptions to thank participants for their work for the Prince's Trust. There are photos of both of them on different occasions with Prince Charles.

Unlike Paris Hilton etc who have no connection to Charles, the Osbournes do. I don't know if they have been invited, but if other supporters of The Prince's Trust get invited it's not that unlikely that the Osbourne's won't. Elton John it seems has got an invitation, although as he points out, he has only met Prince William twice, the first time when he was a child, his connection was with Diana.
Yes thank you for that info. I for one don't think she's lying but who knows.... Thanks for the information :)
Old 03-06-2011, 01:21 AM
Majesty

I remember Sharon Osborne hosting one of the Golden Jubilee Concerts (Party at the Palace I think) back in 2002. That doesn't mean that she's connected with William, but it is a connection of sorts.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:27 AM
Nobility

I am septic about the osborne. If sharon and husband are invited, in no way their children are. Their daughter made a very rude comment and said she wont be because she doesnt want, but I'm pretty sure she IS NOT invited. Not her. That's for me a very big lie
Old 03-06-2011, 03:22 AM
Serene Highness

I believe they were not invited, but were asked if they would attend if invited.

Celebrity mum and daughter Sharon and Kelly Osbourne have better things to do than sit and ponder what they will be doing on 29 April, reveals E! Online. When asked if they would attend the wedding, Osbourne Snr told reporters:

"I've got to work. Are you crazy?"

Osbourne Jnr chimed in with:

"I don't want to go. I don't know them. Why would you go to someone's wedding you don't know? You'd be wedding crashers."

BBC News - Royal wedding watch: Fake invitations, look-a-likes and obedience
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:26 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae
I believe they were not invited, but were asked if they would attend if invited.

Celebrity mum and daughter Sharon and Kelly Osbourne have better things to do than sit and ponder what they will be doing on 29 April, reveals E! Online. When asked if they would attend the wedding, Osbourne Snr told reporters:

"I've got to work. Are you crazy?"

Osbourne Jnr chimed in with:

"I don't want to go. I don't know them. Why would you go to someone's wedding you don't know? You'd be wedding crashers."

BBC News - Royal wedding watch: Fake invitations, look-a-likes and obedience
Ah... This is different then what was on Perez, on that I believe she said they were invited... So..hmmm.... she didn't say she wasn't but now I can't tell, maybe she isn't .....Thank you for more info!
Old 03-06-2011, 04:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Ah... This is different then what was on Perez, on that I believe she said they were invited... So..hmmm.... she didn't say she wasn't but now I can't tell, maybe she isn't .....Thank you for more info!
You're welcome. But PerezHilton post was a little misleading
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:23 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Kate Middleton's old school bans wedding day off for pupils | Mail Online

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding