The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #3201  
Old 03-04-2011, 10:56 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 628
Quote:
I agree with your comments, and I think that the only thing that would over shadow William and Catherine on their wedding day is if by some miracle Diana rises from the dead to make an appearance, or if the second coming of Christ happens to fall on April 29th - lol.
Quote:
Picture it: Westminster Abbey, elegant gown, diamond tiara, QEII in attendance--

"Today I marry my best friend!"
This thread is cracking me up lately!
__________________

  #3202  
Old 03-04-2011, 11:59 PM
Hissy's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Covington, United States
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdxyz View Post
Picture it: Westminster Abbey, elegant gown, diamond tiara, QEII in attendance--

"Today I marry my best friend!"

Gag me!
Ha!!! (There needs to be a smilie spitting out it's drink and then laughing which is what I nearly just did!)

I don't think I have ever seen any royal wedding where they do their own vows. Unless you count Diana messing up Charles' names and basically marrying his father! Or Fergie causing a scandal by adding back in the word "obey" ( we should have been tipped off by that one)!

It would be nice if some royal wedding had some personally written vows if they were moving words, not dorky cliches, etc. Don't think it will be William though....

You guys are too funny!
__________________

  #3203  
Old 03-05-2011, 12:04 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: snowsville, Canada
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Not in this lifetime they're not! I think having made their decision to get married they wanted to do it sooner rather than later. However, no royal would ever get married during Lent or, (Heaven Forfend) Easter, which is why they are getting married the following Friday 29th April 2011.
Actually the above poster was right, they are being married on Easter Friday. There is Holy week, the week leading up to Easter, starting with Palm Sunday and ending with Holy Saturday. Easter week starts with Easter Sunday, and ends with Easter Saturday. The Friday following Easter may be referred to as either Easter Friday or Bright Friday. While Lent ends at the Easter vigil, Easter itself does go for another week. This week is observed by the catholic church and several protestant churches, including the Anglican church.

Lent is the time of reflection and giving up most luxuries. So yes it would seem strange if a royal couple chose to marry during it.
  #3204  
Old 03-05-2011, 12:47 AM
jdcharlie's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: :), United States
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
True, but I tend to believe her mainly because why lie about it, she's not getting that much publicity.....I am sure if she's lying in a few days there will be a 'oh I didn't mean that' statement

And perezhilton is actually pretty reliable when it come to celeb stuff and direct quotes....so Sharon may be lying but the site isn't lying that she gave that quote.....
I don't think Perez is lying. I don't know if Sharon is either, it's just suspicious and I wouldn't put it past her/the Osbourne family. Thus far, the only celebrities invited to the wedding have had some connection with the couple or their family, and they clearly don't, so it's weird. (Fwiw, Sharon is on a daily talk show in the US and Perez, for one, has millions of visitors each day, so there is definitely publicity there.)

I find it a bit ironic that two of the few top level/well-known British designers that have good designs for Kate are "celebrity" designers - Beckham and Stella McCartney. Both make well-tailored, slim-fitting, unfussy outfits. Maybe we should get used to it.
  #3205  
Old 03-05-2011, 01:31 AM
Susanna Wynne's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jackson Hole, United States
Posts: 266
FYI: Victoria Beckham is in a completely different league than are Jacqueline Smith, J Lo, Madonna, Tiger Woods and other celebs who have 'lent' their names to clothing lines made by large manufacturers -- and the celebs may make a trip or two to 'approve' designs. Victoria's designs are created in a couture shop where she alone is responsible for the designs and fabric selections. From what I have been told, she works with a cutter to create the patterns for her designs by laying fabric on a mannequin. Not sure if she sketches, but some of the greatest fashion designers did not/do not sketch but work with cutters and pattern makers, using the mannequin technique. She has had Roland Mouret as a mentor, but most wearers of couture regard her extremely well. And I agree, Stella McCartney is a good example of a real designer who is also a celebrity.

BTW, I was never interested in VB or her brand of celebrity until I started seeing her couture work in Los Angeles a couple of years ago. It is really good and I give her a great deal of credit. And while her celebrity undoubtedly opened doors for her, she has real talent. And her signature look is understated elegance and therefore our about-to-be Princess would look fabulous in VB's designs.
  #3206  
Old 03-05-2011, 03:48 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: n/a, United States
Posts: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanna Wynne View Post
FYI: Victoria Beckham is in a completely different league than are Jacqueline Smith, J Lo, Madonna, Tiger Woods and other celebs who have 'lent' their names to clothing lines made by large manufacturers -- and the celebs may make a trip or two to 'approve' designs. Victoria's designs are created in a couture shop where she alone is responsible for the designs and fabric selections. From what I have been told, she works with a cutter to create the patterns for her designs by laying fabric on a mannequin. Not sure if she sketches, but some of the greatest fashion designers did not/do not sketch but work with cutters and pattern makers, using the mannequin technique. She has had Roland Mouret as a mentor, but most wearers of couture regard her extremely well. And I agree, Stella McCartney is a good example of a real designer who is also a celebrity.

BTW, I was never interested in VB or her brand of celebrity until I started seeing her couture work in Los Angeles a couple of years ago. It is really good and I give her a great deal of credit. And while her celebrity undoubtedly opened doors for her, she has real talent. And her signature look is understated elegance and therefore our about-to-be Princess would look fabulous in VB's designs.
You, you're right, she's very involved in the design process. She has said that she does not personally do the sketches, but is involved just about every other aspect, as you detailed. She's very hands-on and it's her primary job, not just something that she dabbles in. I personally like her designs quite a bit and can see why they have become popular, and why Kate has asked to see them.
  #3207  
Old 03-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,328
Let's get back on topic....Kate and William and not Victoria Beckham and whether or not she is a true designer.
__________________
.

  #3208  
Old 03-05-2011, 12:23 PM
MRSJ's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: ******, United States
Posts: 1,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcharlie

I don't think Perez is lying. I don't know if Sharon is either, it's just suspicious and I wouldn't put it past her/the Osbourne family. Thus far, the only celebrities invited to the wedding have had some connection with the couple or their family, and they clearly don't, so it's weird. (Fwiw, Sharon is on a daily talk show in the US and Perez, for one, has millions of visitors each day, so there is definitely publicity there.

I guess we will never know unless she shows invite.... I haven't seen any other publications pick up the story and she hasn't mentioned it on her show (yet) .... Oh well if she's not going then blah to her and IDC :) but if they are just inviting famous British celebs I hope they invited Paul McCartney!
  #3209  
Old 03-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,328
If they are inviting British celebs, I would imagine that like David Beckham, one would be able to show some sort of personal and/or working relationship.

Does William (or Kate) have one with Sharon Osbourne or Paul McCartney?
If not, I wouldn't bet on seeing them on the 29th.

I think the wedding guests will be a sea of relatives, friends and people who have either worked or interacted with Kate and Wililam. Like the people from Kate's village.
__________________
.

  #3210  
Old 03-05-2011, 01:20 PM
MRSJ's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: ******, United States
Posts: 1,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
If they are inviting British celebs, I would imagine that like David Beckham, one would be able to show some sort of personal and/or working relationship.

Does William (or Kate) have one with Sharon Osbourne or Paul McCartney?
If not, I wouldn't bet on seeing them on the 29th.

I think the wedding guests will be a sea of relatives, friends and people who have either worked or interacted with Kate and Wililam. Like the people from Kate's village.
According to Sharon she doesn't know Kate or William and thus she was invited but not attending.... As for Sir Paul who knows, that was just my wish
  #3211  
Old 03-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: central valley, United States
Posts: 672
Just this once I wish the RF would issue a denial - would they even know who the Osbornes are? I seriously doubt they are invited to the wedding - next thing we know all the Kardashians, Paris Hilton, all the housewifes from all the cities (there must be 50 by now,) Spencer and Heidi, Lindsay Lohan and even Charlie Sheen and the several hundred other reality show publicity wannabes will be claiming invites (and even phonying up replica invitations) which they aren't accepting. These people are such legends in their own minds that they are clueless as to how ridiculous their claims are @ times.
If Sharon Osborne actually shows up at Westminster and is seated in the church for the wedding I'll eat my words, but until then I'm calling her a liar. Or maybe she was making a really bad joke that was taken out of context.
  #3212  
Old 03-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Just this once I wish the RF would issue a denial - would they even know who the Osbornes are? I seriously doubt they are invited to the wedding - next thing we know all the Kardashians, Paris Hilton, all the housewifes from all the cities (there must be 50 by now,) Spencer and Heidi, Lindsay Lohan and even Charlie Sheen and the several hundred other reality show publicity wannabes will be claiming invites (and even phonying up replica invitations) which they aren't accepting. These people are such legends in their own minds that they are clueless as to how ridiculous their claims are @ times.
If Sharon Osborne actually shows up at Westminster and is seated in the church for the wedding I'll eat my words, but until then I'm calling her a liar. Or maybe she was making a really bad joke that was taken out of context.
Both Ossie and Sharon Osbourne are major supporters of The Prince's Trust. Ossie has performed numerous occasions at concerts raising money for the Prince's Trust. Both he and Sharon have attended receptions to thank participants for their work for the Prince's Trust. There are photos of both of them on different occasions with Prince Charles.

Unlike Paris Hilton etc who have no connection to Charles, the Osbournes do. I don't know if they have been invited, but if other supporters of The Prince's Trust get invited it's not that unlikely that the Osbourne's won't. Elton John it seems has got an invitation, although as he points out, he has only met Prince William twice, the first time when he was a child, his connection was with Diana.
  #3213  
Old 03-05-2011, 11:52 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: central valley, United States
Posts: 672
Thx for the info Charlotte1 - never mind, then, can you tell I'm not overly enamored w/ Ozzie and clan?
  #3214  
Old 03-06-2011, 12:50 AM
MRSJ's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: ******, United States
Posts: 1,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1

Both Ossie and Sharon Osbourne are major supporters of The Prince's Trust. Ossie has performed numerous occasions at concerts raising money for the Prince's Trust. Both he and Sharon have attended receptions to thank participants for their work for the Prince's Trust. There are photos of both of them on different occasions with Prince Charles.

Unlike Paris Hilton etc who have no connection to Charles, the Osbournes do. I don't know if they have been invited, but if other supporters of The Prince's Trust get invited it's not that unlikely that the Osbourne's won't. Elton John it seems has got an invitation, although as he points out, he has only met Prince William twice, the first time when he was a child, his connection was with Diana.
Yes thank you for that info. I for one don't think she's lying but who knows.... Thanks for the information :)
  #3215  
Old 03-06-2011, 01:21 AM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,109
I remember Sharon Osborne hosting one of the Golden Jubilee Concerts (Party at the Palace I think) back in 2002. That doesn't mean that she's connected with William, but it is a connection of sorts.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
  #3216  
Old 03-06-2011, 01:27 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 423
I am septic about the osborne. If sharon and husband are invited, in no way their children are. Their daughter made a very rude comment and said she wont be because she doesnt want, but I'm pretty sure she IS NOT invited. Not her. That's for me a very big lie
  #3217  
Old 03-06-2011, 03:22 AM
Mia_mae's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SP, Brazil
Posts: 1,101
I believe they were not invited, but were asked if they would attend if invited.

Celebrity mum and daughter Sharon and Kelly Osbourne have better things to do than sit and ponder what they will be doing on 29 April, reveals E! Online. When asked if they would attend the wedding, Osbourne Snr told reporters:

"I've got to work. Are you crazy?"

Osbourne Jnr chimed in with:

"I don't want to go. I don't know them. Why would you go to someone's wedding you don't know? You'd be wedding crashers."


BBC News - Royal wedding watch: Fake invitations, look-a-likes and obedience
__________________
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
  #3218  
Old 03-06-2011, 03:26 AM
MRSJ's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: ******, United States
Posts: 1,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae
I believe they were not invited, but were asked if they would attend if invited.

Celebrity mum and daughter Sharon and Kelly Osbourne have better things to do than sit and ponder what they will be doing on 29 April, reveals E! Online. When asked if they would attend the wedding, Osbourne Snr told reporters:

"I've got to work. Are you crazy?"

Osbourne Jnr chimed in with:

"I don't want to go. I don't know them. Why would you go to someone's wedding you don't know? You'd be wedding crashers."


BBC News - Royal wedding watch: Fake invitations, look-a-likes and obedience
Ah... This is different then what was on Perez, on that I believe she said they were invited... So..hmmm.... she didn't say she wasn't but now I can't tell, maybe she isn't .....Thank you for more info!
  #3219  
Old 03-06-2011, 04:54 AM
Mia_mae's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SP, Brazil
Posts: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Ah... This is different then what was on Perez, on that I believe she said they were invited... So..hmmm.... she didn't say she wasn't but now I can't tell, maybe she isn't .....Thank you for more info!
You're welcome. But PerezHilton post was a little misleading
__________________
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
  #3220  
Old 03-06-2011, 05:23 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,121
Kate Middleton's old school bans wedding day off for pupils | Mail Online
__________________

__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit 2016 catherine middleton style countess of wessex coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events dom duarte duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll felipe vi grand duchess josephine-charlotte grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl gustaf's birthday king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:33 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises