The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 01:14 PM
Royal Highness

http://m.people.com/newsitem.rbml?item=20469598

Another article about the hometown guests invited by Catherine-

One woman screamed and jumped up and down when she saw the invite, have to say I'd probably react the same :)

Old 02-28-2011, 09:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hissy View Post
Hm, I think that might look very pretty along with a few inches trimmed off the ends. Thanks!
I have to agree. She has beautiful hair, but the ends are getting a little shaggy. it needs a good trim.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
People Mobile | News | Kate Middleton's Surprise Wedding Guests

Another article about the hometown guests invited by Catherine-

One woman screamed and jumped up and down when she saw the invite, have to say I'd probably react the same :)
I love that they are inviting people from her home town.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:43 AM
Royal Highness

http://m.people.com/newsitem.rbml?item=20469688

Designers sketch shoes for Kates big day-
Honestly hope she doesn't wear any of these....
Old 03-01-2011, 10:11 AM
Heir Apparent

I hope she chooses lowish pumps in peau de soie or something matching the cloth of her dress. All those shoes are hideous. But that's what's in fashion right now. Ugly.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Royal Highness

Yum, I think they're delicious. But also quite unwearable if one does not wear heels every day. I doubt stumbling, or worse, falling, would be a girls dream on their wedding day.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
People Mobile | News | PHOTOS: Designers Sketch Wedding Shoes for Kate Middleton

Good lord! Talk about impractical.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ
http://m.people.com/newsitem.rbml?item=20469688

They should be seen, but not worn! They look gorgeous, but I'd never walk in them (and I am use to wearing heels!)!
Old 03-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Courtier

Oh yes! wedding shoes!. I'm not very used to heels and when I got married I wanted shoes that were COMFORTABLE, then for the party I switched to those bridal tennis.

I don't see Kate wearing something like what this designers are proposing ( and I think they are doing this just for the sake of free publicity) . I think she will go for what she finds comfortable and she usually doesn't super high strappy heels or Letizios for that matter. I don't think she likes them. I think we'll see her, in classical 2" or less shoes.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo
Oh yes! wedding shoes!. I'm not very used to heels and when I got married I wanted shoes that were COMFORTABLE, then for the party I switched to those bridal tennis..
I wore electric blue DKNY flip flops- got married outside and it was my something blue- no one ever saw them but they were my comfortable, fun little secret on the big day :)

That being said- doubt Kate would wear flip flops maybe boots? No just kidding, I am sure her shoes will be classic and not to high to prevent falling plus she doesn't seem to be a big high heels girl
Old 03-01-2011, 11:34 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I wore electric blue DKNY flip flops- got married outside and it was my something blue- no one ever saw them but they were my comfortable, fun little secret on the big day :)

That being said- doubt Kate would wear flip flops maybe boots? No just kidding, I am sure her shoes will be classic and not to high to prevent falling plus she doesn't seem to be a big high heels girl
I too am certain Kate will be sensible on her wedding day and wear a classic pair of shoes.There is not an iota of iconoclasm in her. I think when the three went out to sign the book of condolences for NZ they did ok considering it was a first such outing for all.Certainly I do admire Kate for not one upping her future husband to be.She knows how to blend and compliment the other party. There are no abysmal cracks in this betrothal.Same religion; same community; English;same ideals; It is cemented for all intents and purposes. I also admire her seriousness about getting on with things without much fanfare.Kate is fond of her region and so sending invites to ordinary people from there. So far so good.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Royal Highness

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...o-royal-couple

Also royalreporter is reporting that David Beckham has confirmed they are going to wedding- anyone have an article confirming?
Old 03-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I don't think we'll find anyone actually "confirming" the Beckhams attendance, personally I hope they don't attend. Victoria Beckham at a royal wedding is a laughable situation to me.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Prime Minister's man off to the Royal Wedding | Perth Now

This says Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark and his wife Princess Mary have not been invited, although Queen Margrethe has.

This seems strange; why wouldn't Frederik and Mary be invited?
Old 03-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen
I don't think we'll find anyone actually "confirming" the Beckhams attendance, personally I hope they don't attend. Victoria Beckham at a royal wedding is a laughable situation to me.
Apparently the exact quote is '' you don't say no to the future King of England'' said by David-
@royalreporter
It's on Richards tweets, not sure he would attribute a quote that wasn't actually said but who knows....
See tweet below.....

-I see David Beckham's finally confirmed he and wife Victoria will go to the royal wedding: "You don't say no to the future King of England."
Old 03-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Prime Minister's man off to the Royal Wedding | Perth Now

This says Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark and his wife Princess Mary have not been invited, although Queen Margrethe has.

I would imagine that the royal invitation went to the head of the Danish monarchy (i.e. Queen Margrethe)....she will decide if she attends or if the Frederik and Mary will attend in her place/honor. Much like Queen Elizabeth decided that Sophie and Edward would attend the Swedish/Danish wedding and Charles the Spanish wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I am sure you have your own reasons why Victoria' presence at a royal wedding is laughable.

It does, however, appear that David and William did become friendly (close is probably pushing it) when they were working on England's bid for the World Cup. He might have even met Victoria and thought she was nice enough. Frankly, you don't invite one half of a couple and don't invite the other. That's pretty rude.

And for the record, there have been showbiz people at past royal weddings. I remember Ruthie Henshall at Edwards (I believe they dated in the past), Jilly Cooper, Rowan Atinkinson at Charles and Camila's, and a couple at Charles and Diana's.

So the precedent has been set. Despite the press (both negative and positive) I am sure William feels that his knowing someone is a lot better than knowing them via the tabloids. He probably goes by the mantra...you shouldn't believe everything you read in the press.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel
Prime Ministers man off to the Royal Wedding | Perth Now

Well, IMO we shouldn't put too much stock into anything just yet! we don't quite know who from foreign houses have received and accepted the invitation. I agree though, no reason to not have Frederik & Mary invited. The DRF and the BRF are generally considered to be close from what I've read here in the forums. Close enough to get multiple invites as well, Perhaps?? :)

Zonk - don't forget Sting's wife Trudy, Stephen Fry, Phil Collins, Richard E. Grant, Joan Rivers and Kenneth Branagh (and Eric Clapton I think?) were also at Charles and Camilla's Wedding. :)
(but I believe all but Joan are Prince's Trust Ambassadors, so not necessarily personal friends)
Old 03-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Aristocracy

Isn't Charles the future King of England technically. For the shoes those look uncomfortable and well I don't care for them. Then again I am not a shoe person. I wear them but I don't have tons of them and I don't wear heels.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelly View Post
Isn't Charles the future King of England technically. For the shoes those look uncomfortable and well I don't care for them. Then again I am not a shoe person. I wear them but I don't have tons of them and I don't wear heels.
They are both future kings of England if everything goes to plan.

But you are correct...one does assume that Charles will be King before William.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Royal Highness

http://m.people.com/newsitem.rbml?item=20470095

Elton John confirms he us going to Royal wedding- this is his statement, so no doubt about this! And comments on Kate and Diana, the ring and William.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding