Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it wasn't necessary, the dress code from the invitation is clear - suits and hats for woman. I suppose that white outfit won't be the best choice as well too big hat (in church person behind you won't see nothing). I also don't think that CP Letizia upstaged Mary, she just looked beautiful even without the tiara.

OMG! The video was soooooooooo funny. I half expected the door to slam in his face. Pushing him in was absolutely pricess!

If Kate did her own makeup for the engagement pics, then there's quite a bit of air brushing going on. She looks flawless in that photo and she does not have great skin. Though, it is the Mail.

As for Kate's role, I have to agree with Iluvbertie. Romancing her position is just that: romancing. Just like them having a big white wedding (ILBertie will disagree with me) after having lived together is a romancing show. Disagree all you want, but when you ramp it down to the bare bones, Kate has no role. Although she has been on public appearances, I have never thought of Kate (what I have heard of her that isn't romanced) as a willing participant and feel she will do only what she needs to do.

In that rather narrow minded way of thinking, none of us have a role or identity outside of marriage and motherhood. As for Kate not being a willing to particpant in the appearances of late, what possible evidence do you have of that?

I wonder if Kate will ask the women (The princesses) to dress up in a certain way at her wedding.Like at Maximas,Letizias and Marie-Chantel they asked the princesses to wear elegant daywear and no flashy jewelery like tiaras but hats.Maybe because the brides didnt want to be upstaged.Mary and Victoria didnt bother to make that rule.But I think Mary was upstaged by Letizia at her wedding.

The CPs have being to their share of weddings and royal encounters, I assume they Know the Do's and the Dont's.
Also I think to deliberaty want to upstage the bride is not something I see any of them doing. Victoria Beckham, on the other hand .... :p jk!

Depends on the shoe....

Alright, So let's move on!

Dolly Parton Reveals Her Royal Wedding Wish | BBCAmerica - Anglophenia blog

Dolly, I love, I really do! but maybe not!
(before anyone decides to cryptically read this, what I mean is
Dolly, I'm a fan of your music and personality but the Religious Ceremony would required another kind of performer, Hopefully the couple will make an official visit to Dollywood, where they will be able to be formally introduce to you and your signing.)

Someone else (who I've always love,whose voice puts 90% of today' singers to shame and just gained extra points with me) it's looking for the wedding!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBDn2UzNfj4&feature=grec_index

Notice her cockney accent coming trough when talking about the couple! ^^

The Royal Romance one by "The Other Guys" group.

and to think I was the one who posted :p. Got distracted with something else. Tnks!

Last edited:
Catherine has also sadly, lost a bit of weight since then. If you look at a picture of her then, and a picture of her most recent appearance, you'll notice she's a lot thinner. So it's possible that she's lost enough weight that the ring is too loose on her finger, and she's afraid it could slip off when shaking someone's hand.

Girl needs to put some weight back on. She wasn't even remotely overweight to start with.

after the wedding next public appearances:
- 11 June: Trooping the Colour in London
- 12 June: Mess for the Duke of Edimburg 90th Birthday and dîner for the whole family in Windsor and special guests (dont know who)
- 13 June: the Order of the Garter Ceremony in Windsor (they will be yet in the place)

I thought in the engagement intwerview, William or Kate, not sure who, said it fit perfectly when he put it on her finger.

Hmmm, I just read the transcript of the interview again and can't find anything about the ring fitting perfectly.
But I do remember reading about that - either in a newspaper or on these forums :D

she'll gain some weight when on Honeymoon

that would take a little longer.. 9 months perhaps ;)
So, I posted before, but I also see that she lost weight.
I'm sure after the news of their last engagement she'll be aware of the "public concern". :flowers:

Why is Richard Ward talking? You think there's a chance Kate will be doing her own hair? Does she have seamstress skills? Could she be making her own gown(s)? LOL

So I'm almost done with school one more exam to go and seriously it JUST hit me how soon the wedding is. I started looking at Victoria and Daniel's wedding again and was just getting all nervous/excited for William and Kate.

You can wear a tiara with your hair down. There's no rule that says you have to have an up-do to wear a tiara.

Rosapru said:
after the wedding next public appearances:
- 11 June: Trooping the Colour in London
- 12 June: Mess for the Duke of Edimburg 90th Birthday and dîner for the whole family in Windsor and special guests (dont know who)
- 13 June: the Order of the Garter Ceremony in Windsor (they will be yet in the place)

And then Canada!

During the Obama's visit do you think they could be invited, for the state dinner?

I doubt it only because Prince William never seems to go to those events only Queen Elizabeth's children. However, I can't wait til they begin doing more and more official or rather state events if that's the correct term. I personally think it would be a breath of fresh air to see them there, but maybe after William finishes with the military.:flowers:

You can wear a tiara with your hair down. There's no rule that says you have to have an up-do to wear a tiara.

I think with some heavier tiaras, they use some hairpieces to make sure the tiara stay in place. That's easily done and concealed with an updo. If Kate is going to wear her hair down (and dang.. she does have gorgeous hair), she might opt for a tiara like the Strathmore Rose which seems to be more lightweight. I know I'll be looking first at the dress then at the head to see just what she does have on. :D

They haven't announced any pre-wedding events right? Does that only happen for state weddings?

They haven't announced any pre-wedding events right? Does that only happen for state weddings?

Good question. I think that anything leading up to the wedding itself involving William and Kate will be private. I'm sure that the street parties are going to start well before then though. As far as I know, no official events have been announced prior to the wedding day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom