The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 05:14 PM
Gentry

Okay - I made a mistake with Grace saying she was Edward and Lady Tamara's daughter when in fact she is the daughter of Hugh and Rose. Thought you all might like to see her pedigree. No wonder the Van Custems and the royals are close, Grace is an Astor!

Bridesmaid: Miss Grace Van Custem, age 3, Miss Van Custem is HRH Prince William of Wales' Goddaughter. Miss Van Custem is the daughter of Mr. Hugh Van Custem and Rose Nancy Van Custem (nee Langehorne Astor). Hugh Van Custem is the great great grandson of Admiral William Compton, 4th Marquess of Northampton, and Rose Nancy Van Custem (nee Langehorne Astor) is the great great granddaughter of John Edmund Cornwallis Rous, 2nd Earl Stradbroke, and great granddaughter of Waldorf Astor, 2nd Viscount Astor.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:39 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorbrides1 View Post
No wonder the Van Custems and the royals are close, Grace is an Astor!
I don't think that's the reason, the Windsors have been close to the Van-Cutsems long before Grace came along.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:49 PM
Serene Highness

talking about the Van-Cutsem, Little Grace was a bridesmaid at the Wedding Of The Duke Of Northumberland's Daughter Lady Katie Percy:

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

let's count this as a rehearsal for that other one .
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:02 PM
Royal Highness

And Kate's sister and Chelsy were also guest-
Old 02-26-2011, 06:55 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder how accurate these predictions will turn out to be:

Yvonne Yorke: Meet The Royals Attending Will & Kate's Wedding (PHOTOS)
Old 02-26-2011, 07:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
the Wedding Of The Duke Of Northumberland's Daughter Lady Katie Percy:

I so hope Catherine isn't going to follow that trend with her hair down. It looks so scruffy with a tiara.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I wonder how accurate these predictions will turn out to be:

Yvonne Yorke: Meet The Royals Attending Will & Kate's Wedding (PHOTOS)
Well I hope that the prediction is right... but the Swedish and Norwegien royals aren't on the list. And where the Lux, Monaco & Linchenstein royals?
Old 02-26-2011, 10:38 PM
Heir Apparent

It did mention Luxembourg; remember, it said that Guillaume would most likely attend because his father is not well?
Old 02-26-2011, 11:09 PM
Nobility

I have been trying to keep up with all the news, is it true that the Duchess of York is not invited to the wedding?

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, . . . .
Old 02-26-2011, 11:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danishla View Post
I have been trying to keep up with all the news, is it true that the Duchess of York is not invited to the wedding?
It is confirmed by both Sarah & the Palace that she will not be attending
Old 02-27-2011, 12:27 AM
Serene Highness

I believe it was also confirmed that she was not invited.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
talking about the Van-Cutsem, Little Grace was a bridesmaid at the Wedding Of The Duke Of Northumberland's Daughter Lady Katie Percy:

let's count this as a rehearsal for that other one .

Speaking of that wedding, Lady Katie Percy's dress was designed by Bruce Oldfield.
The lace dress is quite pretty, although I didn't care for the jacket.

If it's true that Catherine picked Oldfield to design her dress, I wonder if it will resemble this one?
Old 02-27-2011, 10:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I wonder if it will resemble this one?
Doubtful, Catherines will be unique.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Speaking of that wedding, Lady Katie Percy's dress was designed by Bruce Oldfield.
The lace dress is quite pretty, although I didn't care for the jacket.

If it's true that Catherine picked Oldfield to design her dress, I wonder if it will resemble this one?
I have a feeling Katie Percy really wanted the fairy-tale theme.
The hair was not looking nice, and with the tiara little tilt perhaps the carriage ride caused that, and someone noticed and fix it before she went down the aisle. At least she looked happy, so....

I Like the dress without the jacket, perhaps she took it off once inside the church.

Let's hope Kate wears a dress that represents the importance of the occasion without going too overboard.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Doubtful, Catherines will be unique.
yes, agree
Old 02-28-2011, 09:05 AM
Aristocracy

As for Kate's hair I think it looks better when it is pulled back. I also read somewhere that her hair is actually curly if left natural, can anyone confirm this is true? I would like to see how she looked with curly hair.

For me I wish she would wear flowers in her hair, something fresh and pretty. I keep hearing how this will be a more down to earth, young, lower cost, fresh wedding. So far not to me....
Old 02-28-2011, 09:42 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hissy View Post
As for Kate's hair I think it looks better when it is pulled back. I also read somewhere that her hair is actually curly if left natural, can anyone confirm this is true? I would like to see how she looked with curly hair.

For me I wish she would wear flowers in her hair, something fresh and pretty. I keep hearing how this will be a more down to earth, young, lower cost, fresh wedding. So far not to me....
Yes, Catherine's hair is wavy from what I saw in pictures when she was young.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I wonder if it will resemble this one?
I hope to god not!

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 02-28-2011, 10:02 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Yes, Catherine's hair is wavy from what I saw in pictures when she was young.
Hm, I think that might look very pretty along with a few inches trimmed off the ends. Thanks!

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding