Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I wonder if the Queen will light out to Windsor right after dinner, to get some peace and quiet?

:lol: Can you imagine HM dancing to Dancing Queen [It feels wrong even to write this].
She's a smart lady, she's very much aware that around her people don't really relax, which is not good if you're at the dancing part of the reception.
BP it's close enough, after dinner I'm sure she'll be pleased to finally take some rest.

:lol: Can you imagine HM dancing to Dancing Queen [It feels wrong even to write this].
She's a smart lady, she's very much aware that around her people don't really relax, which is not good if you're at the dancing part of the reception.
BP it's close enough, after dinner I'm sure she'll be pleased to finally take some rest.

I can...rumour had it that she and the late Queen Mother danced to YMCA at Edward and Sophie's reception.

So anything is possible:flowers:

Alongside the cute knitted items, if anyone is also making something or, of course, involved in an event celebrating the Royal Wedding then we would love to hear from you with a greeting and a picture.

Thanks to the Royal Forums, we have now covered all continents :flowers: .. though still few in number :sad: but hoping people will 'Send a Greeting' in the last two weeks and after the wedding.

Hey, I can only speak for myself, but I'm always very cautious when clicking on other sites. In the beggining of the year I saw on YT a video saying that there were some people using Kate and Will's wedding to spread virus. I usually go to the same place to look for information, avoiding any strange site. Now that you introduce yourself, I'd be happy to contribute:flowers:

Last edited:
I can...rumour had it that she and the late Queen Mother danced to YMCA at Edward and Sophie's reception.

So anything is possible:flowers:

Prove it!
:lol:just kidding! I can't imagine, but wouldn't mind witnessing

there is a video of "The Other Guys", St Andrews University’s A Cappella group. They have done this song about Kate Middleton & the video is amusing. I recommend you all to watch it.

YouTube - Royal Romance

Before actually seeing it, I thought it would be sweet if they could perform for the couple.......

Video

OMG! I loved this video! Very funny! Can you image William and Kate's faces if they ever heard it?
Oh, I would love to see that!

Kate Middleton Royal Wedding Jitters : People.com

Just keep saying Kate: William Arthur Phillip Louis. William Arthur Phillip Louis William Arthur Phillip Louis

The occasion was also used to announce the first donation by the charitable foundation established by Princes William and Harry. The grant-giving body, set to reward causes close to them, handed over a "six-figure sum" to the Queen Elizabeth II Fields Challenge, which aims to enhance and protect playing fields in Britain.

It's nice to know. It was not all about hair and shoes, ladies :D

so, Richard Palmer from the Telegraph tweeted:

Trumpeters from the Central Band of the RAF will play a new fanfare at the royal wedding when the couple sign the register to tie the knot.

The 30-second fanfare, played by seven trumpeters and a drummer, is entitled Valiant and Brave - the motto used by William's 22 Squadron.

Last edited:
Has it been decided yet what Prince William will wear for the wedding? Either a suit or his navy uniform?

Has it been decided yet what Prince William will wear for the wedding? Either a suit or his navy uniform?

I am sure it has been decided, it has just not been publicly communicated.

Prove it!

there is a video of "The Other Guys", St Andrews University’s A Cappella group. They have done this song about Kate Middleton & the video is amusing. I recommend you all to watch it.

YouTube - Royal Romance

Before actually seeing it, I thought it would be sweet if they could perform for the couple.......

Thats a lovely video. I hope it has been sent to St James' Palace and W&C get to see it.

Random though. Someone should come up with a flashmob for the wedding. Not inside the Abbey, of course.

anyways, there's another clip for Lifetime' William & Kate The Movie
YouTube - *OFFICIAL TRAILER* William & Kate The Movie
I'm not sure if that's the intended reaction, but I can't seem to stop laughing.
WTH

Last edited:
Looks like the Prince and Me to be honest. Only that movie was flawless.

You have to! It's lovely. It has three or even four follow-ups but the second one is without the original actress (Julia Stiles) and the others are without the original actor (Luke Mably or whatever) so it got embarassing.

Sorry, Off-topic

Prove it!

YouTube - Royal Romance

Great video. They certainly put a lot of effort into that video.

They've managed to link the upcoming wedding to rehearsals for the Queen's funeral.:ohmy:

Wedding a rehearsal for Queen's funeral | Herald Sun

Actually this is not a far fetched idea. Its been well documentated that the funeral of Diana's was put into action so swiftly because at the time they used the plans the Queen Mum had drawn up for her funeral.

Another thought I had is that the planning of the security for this wedding will be a good forerunner for the crowds at the 2012 Olympics and the Jublilee.

Mia_mae said:
Prove it!

YouTube - Royal Romance

That's amazing! I wish Kate and William could see it, I bet'd they laugh -they seem fun! :)

Mermaid1962 said:
They've managed to link the upcoming wedding to rehearsals for the Queen's funeral.:ohmy:

Wedding a rehearsal for Queens funeral | Herald Sun

The Queen is does strike me as very pragmatic and I have read they do always have updated plans for her funeral that she approves before but can't remember where....it is a bit morose though to think of it at the same time as a wedding but ce la vie! (hope I spelled that right)

Wedding a rehearsal for Queen's funeral | Herald Sun

The Queen Mother enjoyed updating plans for her funeral, watched a couple of rehearsals and arranged for special candle holders for the Abbey because she didn't like the ones originally planned for use.

I think with age people become quite pragmatic about the inevitable end. I had a great aunt who lived to be about 105 and she regaularly updated her funeral plans because proposed guests and also clergymen kept dying before her.

I'm not too impressed with what I've seen of the Lifetime movie; the actors look nothing like the real people and it seems like another one of those movies just made simply because the main 'characters' are famous. Lifetime made a movie about Elizabeth Smart, Jessica Lynch, Amanda Knox and now William & Kate. They really just need to stop.

Leslie2006 said:
I'm not too impressed with what I've seen of the Lifetime movie; the actors look nothing like the real people and it seems like another one of those movies just made simply because the main 'characters' are famous. Lifetime made a movie about Elizabeth Smart, Jessica Lynch, Amanda Knox and now William & Kate. They really just need to stop.

That's the point of Lifetime. It's a guilty pleasure network. D-list actors with bad writing and cheesy plots. Their awful Christmas movies are awesomely bad entertainment. They love to make movies from Nora Roberts and Danielle Steele novels as well as do fictional real life portrayals. It's all aimed at women.

This movie was never going to be good or anything other than a complete joke. Everyone in the US knows this--I'm a bit mortified that it will be shown overseas where people don't seem to understand. Just watch it with incredibly low expectations and accept the cheese and you may enjoy it. :)

The only thing worth watching on Lifetime is "Drop Dead Diva" and even that was questionable last season.

That's the point of Lifetime. It's a guilty pleasure network. D-list actors with bad writing and cheesy plots. Their awful Christmas movies are awesomely bad entertainment. They love to make movies from Nora Roberts and Danielle Steele novels as well as do fictional real life portrayals. It's all aimed at women.

This movie was never going to be good or anything other than a complete joke. Everyone in the US knows this--I'm a bit mortified that it will be shown overseas where people don't seem to understand. Just watch it with incredibly low expectations and accept the cheese and you may enjoy it. :)

exactly! If I couldn't stop laughing at the trailer, can't imagine when the movie comes out. if I eventually see it

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Kate Middleton’s secret is out as Palace confirms her vow to Church

I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere but in the lead up to the wedding Kate has been confirmed into the CoE. She had been baptised as an infant but hadn't taken the step of confirming her faith until recently - March 10th 14 years and 1 day after William was confirmed).

Haven't seen it before, tnks.

A good decision considering her future role.

Last edited:
I wonder if Kate will ask the women (The princesses) to dress up in a certain way at her wedding.Like at Maximas,Letizias and Marie-Chantel they asked the princesses to wear elegant daywear and no flashy jewelery like tiaras but hats.Maybe because the brides didnt want to be upstaged.Mary and Victoria didnt bother to make that rule.But I think Mary was upstaged by Letizia at her wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom