The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Royal Highness

It will be exciting to see all almost the entire Royal Family at the wedding. I am going to assume that the Earl and Countess of Harewood have also been invited. I wonder if anyone from Phillip's side has been invited.

I agree..once and for all, this IS NOT A STATE OCCASION.. there are NO snubs..hahaha. My goodness, the media make a big deal out of nothing at all.

I am really hoping the weather holds that day for them both.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Reminder...the topic if Obama (i.e. receiving an invitation, the state vs. not state occassion, ruling the world, etc.) is Done.

Any and all additional posts will be deleted without notice.

Old 02-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
How funny it would be if they served mini pizzas! I can see the surprise look on the guests faces.
Yeah, they're probably expecting those miniature hot dogs in the
ketchup-y sauce.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:55 PM

Where to watch the wedding when in London?

Hi all.

I find myself in London on the "big day" more by luck than design. I am interested in the wedding but cannot see myself pushing with the crowds to get a glimpse of the festivities.

Does anyone have any info about wedding related events in London? For example, will there be parks with large screens televising the events? Or will there pubs or clubs having wedding day events with coverage?

I keep checking news sites, blogs and travel forums but I cannot locate any info at all.

I'm renting an apartment for my visit and while I will have a TV surely there's got to be a medium between watching it by myself or being part of a heaving mass of people.

Thanks, Mez.

I rarely post on these forums, so not sure of the protocol. Is this question worthy of it's own thread or should I just continue to wade through this one?
Old 02-23-2011, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

Mez - I read in the London Evening Standard that it is hoped in Hyde Park big screens will be set up televising the wedding but we're waiting for the go ahead from the London Mayor.

More events may be announced nearer the time I suppose. Why not watch the wedding ceremony on TV at your hotel then walk down towards Buckingham Palace to see the balcony scene and soak up the crowds and atmosphere.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:58 PM
Nobility

Jacknch you are right, I hear the same thing. Mayor of London has to give is "go" for the place where to put the screens in london, but it 's is underway (I hope I can explain myself correctly)
Old 02-24-2011, 12:01 AM
Heir Apparent

It makes no sense to use the Spencer tiara. That belongs to Earl Spencer and he is only the grooms maternal uncle.

William is not a Spencer and it would best serve certain members to accept that fact and move on already

Theres no reason why Catherine shouldn't wear a tiara. She is becoming a royal and that's that. Princesses wear tiaras, not least of all on their wedding day...

And lets be honest, her lineage has absolutely no relevance as to whether or not she should or shouldn't wear a tiara. None whatsoever.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 02-24-2011, 12:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
It's a charm for those Flat Charm Charm Bracelets from what I can see, right? Maybe I'm wrong, but as there's no clasp to link it on to a bracelet, I have a bad feeling I'm not. A shame, as it's a lovely design.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:13 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru View Post
Jacknch you are right, I hear the same thing. Mayor of London has to give is "go" for the place where to put the screens in london, but it 's is underway (I hope I can explain myself correctly)
I am quite sure that if screens are put up, they would be at Hyde Park in Central London as this has been done before for big events and Hyde Park is used for concerts etc. I think they will wait until they have more of an idea how many people are expected in London on the day and we will not hear until nearer the time.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
It's a charm for those Flat Charm Charm Bracelets from what I can see, right? Maybe I'm wrong, but as there's no clasp to link it on to a bracelet, I have a bad feeling I'm not. A shame, as it's a lovely design.

You don't use a clasp as there is a hole through the centre to put it on the bracelet.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:07 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Politically speaking I think Wills and Kate are clueless - since when do you have the opportunity to invite the [Planetarch- ruler of the planet] and his wife and do not claiming the cala lilies are in bloom and this is a semi private affair etc and every other excuse in the book.
Many monarchs will atttend but no Planetarch?I want to know if any of the Bushes or even Nancy Reagan got invited and I bet they did.
It seems that the invitations for this wedding are based on one thing- relationships. That makes it no different than most other weddings and I think, this is a VERY good thing. The British Royal Family has not had consistently strong relationships with America and so (no surprise) they did not make the list. The Canadian Prime Minister and Governor General on the other hand, have strong relationships, so they did make the list.

When you get married, will you invite the mayor, governor or senator just for the opportunity of making a political statement? I didn't think so!!

I LOVE that William and Kate are making this about personal connections and relationships and not about obligations and politics. Good for them.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Canadian Prime Minister and Governor General on the other hand, have strong relationships
I imagine you're referring to the office for which the Prime Minister and Governor General stand, but not so much the indavidual themselves, naturally.

It's exactly the same for Australia and any other country which retains the Queen as it's respective Head of State.

The Australian vice regal couple, the Prime Minister and her partner have all been invited, but any such invitation would be extended no matter who held public office.

There is no reason why any president should be invited to the nuptials. Unless of course sovereign Commonwealth leaders are on the gueslist which I'd imagine would be very likely.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 02-24-2011, 03:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Soooo I was watching ETCanada tonight and they said a BP spokepserson contacted them and said "Expect big surprises from the royal couple on their wedding day" Ok so what in the heck could they mean by that?!
Old 02-24-2011, 06:59 AM
Courtier

what does that mean, i would like to know too!
Old 02-24-2011, 07:39 AM
Royal Highness

Some news about the wedding:

Fruitcake on the royal wedding menu - Celebrity Circuit - CBS News

Lifetime to Air Royal Wedding Biopic, Documentary Series | TheWrap.com

Pub landlord invited to royal wedding - Celebrity Circuit - CBS News

Royal Wedding: Jemima Khan denies being excluded over Kate Middleton tweet | Mail Online
Old 02-24-2011, 07:47 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't envy any of the guests who'll have to eat fruitcake! I know it's traditional, but some traditions have had their day. Does anybody really like fruitcake?
Old 02-24-2011, 07:51 AM
Administrator

I have never been able to eat it...I guess its an acquired taste. Although I am sure they will have "something" for everyone.

I love it how Kate invited the pub owner from her village. He must be excited!

Old 02-24-2011, 07:55 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't envy any of the guests who'll have to eat fruitcake! I know it's traditional, but some traditions have had their day. Does anybody really like fruitcake?
My Dad adores fruitcake, it's the only cake he eats. Can't stand it myself, I'd rather just have actual plain fruit!
Old 02-24-2011, 08:01 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Fruitcake is awful, i'd prefer a less traditional wedding cake.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:09 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
I supposed I could eat more than one bite of fruitcake if it was soaked in lots of rum. After the first bite, I'd not care what it tastes like.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding