Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be extremly surprised if the King attends, but him and Charles looked close in the recent pictures.

You have to admit, the press loves an April Fool's joke!!!
:ROFLMAO:

There's a lot of mean press lately concerning William's hair loss, with jokes, etc.

Some of the comments are interesting, with one young man who lost his hair at 17 mentioning how unhappy it made him because of the jokes and people laughing at him. He said he's sure William feels just as bad.

I was wondering if the jokes are mostly from other men?
I think men put much more importance on hair loss than women do.
It seems to me that most women don't truly care about whether a man is bald or not; his other traits are more important.

What does everyone think?

As I understand it, the loss of hair is thought to be a sign of virility in a man. So long as William doesn't start doing a comb-over, I'm not worried about his hair growing thinner.

The Queen Mother didn't wear the Strathmore Rose tiara on her wedding day. She wore a band of myrtle around her head with a York rose on each side.

That is absolutely correct and I've been thinking for ages what the wreath was made of - I originally thought it was orange blossom, but myrtle it is!

:lol: :lol: You have made my day! this is ridiculous and hilarious. what are they supposed to be promoting?

One of the countless books about W&K. :)

Last edited:
I am literally speechless but in a good way :)

Mia_mae said:
Finally some real news. nice article!
Royal wedding: Prince William reveals pre-wedding nerves | Mail Online

'We've spent a few pounds on Kate and William memorabilia and strategically secreted it around the place so he might open a locker and find stuff, or find his own face on a cushion or see his own face on a cup when you give him a cup of tea.'

I hope he has sleepless nights because he's excited and not because he's not sure. I'm beginning to wonder about Will marrying out of duty.

I am speechless cause its a little funny (April 1st has been weird to say the least)...but this couple and those pictures posted by Muhler are so...how do I say this in a somewhat nice way...so very tacky!

But its all in good fun so that's why its in a good way.

CrownPrincess5: I think most people getting married have nerves but that doesn't mean that he isn't sure. I have never been married but from what I can see (on the outside looking in) its a big change. I have friends who have lived together before marrying and swear that its different.

Add in the royal aspect, the press and getting married on television...I would be nervous as well.

Last edited:
I hope he has sleepless nights because he's excited and not because he's not sure. I'm beginning to wonder about Will marrying out of duty.

Why? Does it amaze/surprise you that even William is nervous?

I am speechless cause its a little funny (April 1st has been weird to say the least)...but this couple and those pictures posted by Muhler are so...how do I say this in a somewhat nice way...so very tacky!

But its all in good fun so that's why its in a good way.

CrownPrincess5: I think most people getting married have nerves but that doesn't mean that he isn't sure. I have never been married but from what I can see (on the outside looking in) its a big change. I have friends who have lived together before marrying and swear that its different.

Add in the royal aspect, the press and getting married on television...I would be nervous as well.

I totally agree. Of course, William is used to the spotlights and everything, but getting married in front of a .... million audience both in London and in front of the television plus the change that getting married brings along can spark nerves. "Will it all go well? Will I repeat my vows in the correct order? Will I be able to put the ring on her finger?" I assume that questions like these are very normal and aside from being a royal, William is a human being just like us.
It doesn't have to mean that he is unsure and I don't believe that at all.

I would be wrecked with nerves and I am not very good in dealing with stress. I don't think I would make a proper royal bride :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Skippy said:
Why? Does it amaze/surprise you that even William is nervous?

When did I say I'm surprised he's nervous? What groom isn't nervous. I'm saying I hope his "sleepless nights" are because he's plain excited and not because he's unsure or scared. Getting married is an emotional time and even being unsure is something that happens to the best of men. It doesn't mean he doesn't love Kate but I think he's analyzing every little detail.

Last edited:

I don't know if you read or saw the video of Harry saying if not for media pressure they could have been married for 2 years. This has been address in the thread before, so I'll try not to repeat myself, but I see his nervousness more about the overall decision than having a cold feet. All marriages are important, but this one cares a bigger meaning to it. If he was marrying for duty, shouldn't he have done it sooner? besides, William seems to really not crave attention, you can notice from childhood videos up to now, so for someone like that to deal w/ the fact that a 1900 will be looking and paying attention at everything you do must be terrifying!

When did I say I'm surprised he's nervous? What groom isn't nervous. I'm saying I hope his "sleepless nights" are because he's plain excited and not because he's unsure or scared. Getting married is an emotional time and even being unsure is something that happens to the best of men. It doesn't mean he doesn't love Kate but I think he's analyzing every little detail.

You didn't say that you are surprised he's nervous, it was my interpretation/translation from your "excited". My bad.

I assume that he is exactly what you state, excited. And of course, being unsure is what can happen to anyone but I don't believe that is the case with William at all. It never occurred to me so I was just surprised that the thought of the possibility did occur to you and especially your remark that you are beginning to wonder about William marrying out of duty.
I am not sure where that comes from, can you explain?

So do I understand correctly that you think he is over-analyzing?

I think I would do the same myself, it's what happens when one is a perfectionalist :D They do tend to think about every little thing (and can drive themselves crazy with it ;))

I don't know if you read or saw the video of Harry saying if not for media pressure they could have been married for 2 years. This has been address in the thread before, so I'll try not to repeat myself, but I see his nervousness more about the overall decision than having a cold feet. All marriages are important, but this one cares a bigger meaning to it. If he was marrying for duty, shouldn't he have done it sooner? besides, William seems to really not crave attention, you can notice from childhood videos up to now, so for someone like that to deal w/ the fact that a 1900 will be looking and paying attention at everything you do must be terrifying!

I second your post, that is how I see it as well.

He's getting married infront of the watching eye of millions. If that ain't daunting I don't know what is. Your every word and blink will be under scruntity, I'd be nervous too. Very nervous. I can imagine it doesn't feel very 'personal,' if you all know what I mean.

Getting married out of a sense of duty is the last thing I pick up from either William or Kate. Like most couples coming down near to the date, they're both probably extremely stressed out and nervous about the whole thing.. especially a wedding of this magnitude. I really really doubt though that we will see Kate on upcoming episodes of Bridezilla though. :ROFLMAO:

If I was William, the one thing I would be nervous about is falling up the stairs going to the altar, since I'm a clumsy one. Actually I would also be nervous with the vows since both his parents messed up and the whole world watching and all.

I have empathy for Pr. William. His life is in so many ways not his own, and all of the frenzy around this wedding must give him a moment's pause now and again. Let's face it, he has had more pressure on him to marry than just about any other public figure since his father was being pressured back in the 1970s, (and I was in and around the UK a good deal in those days and remember well all the carping from the press about Pr. Charles's marital state).

It does seem that William has a strong and supportive partner in Catherine, which he will certainly need, and they seem to the casual observer to have strong chemistry between them. But, unlike most others of his generation, it would be increasingly hard to "play the field" and he would have to endure so much speculation about everything he would do -- and with whom! So perhaps he gave into the pressure to marry sooner than he might otherwise have done. And that is just idle conjecture, I admit...

While he seems to genuinely love Kate, he had a lot of complex forces propelling him along that others don't have to deal with. So when he says he's had some sleepless nights, I can understand it. I don't think it means he has regrets, he merely has the weight of a lot of expectations on his shoulders, and he and Kate must enter into a new and more public phase (I assume) in the role she now joins with him in the monarchy. For all the admiration we all give him and the assumption we make of his privileged life, he has less freedom in many ways than anyone else!

I got the sense that William was half joking about not sleeping over the wedding. He's understandably nervous but also, as he said, really excited. I haven't met a groom yet who wasn't both.

Thankfully, the most nerve-wracking part of the day is over fairly quickly - the ceremony. Every single one of my friends (all I do these days is go to weddings) has said that as soon as the kiss is done and they turn to greet everyone as husband and wife, the wedding becomes really fun! Before that? :blink::eek:

I got the sense that William was half joking about not sleeping over the wedding. He's understandably nervous but also, as he said, really excited. I haven't met a groom yet who wasn't both.

Thankfully, the most nerve-wracking part of the day is over fairly quickly - the ceremony. Every single one of my friends (all I do these days is go to weddings) has said that as soon as the kiss is done and they turn to greet everyone as husband and wife, the wedding becomes really fun! Before that? :blink::eek:

a little longer for them, then. He'll have to wait for the balcony to finally relax!

I agree about the joking part. Taking the comment he made when he was in Australia/NZ and stated that he was missing a whole week of wedding planning and the one about losing sleep, he's just as every other groom that is involved in all the planning of their day. Both him and Kate are nervous, excited, and want the day to be special for the two of them but I imagine that the details that come with this wedding are driving them bonkers.

I think the real relaxation for the both of them will be after the balcony when they can slip away for a while and relax before the party in the evening. Yeps.. I do imagine she'll need another dress. ;)

I agree about the joking part. Taking the comment he made when he was in Australia/NZ and stated that he was missing a whole week of wedding planning and the one about losing sleep, he's just as every other groom that is involved in all the planning of their day. Both him and Kate are nervous, excited, and want the day to be special for the two of them but I imagine that the details that come with this wedding are driving them bonkers.

I think the real relaxation for the both of them will be after the balcony when they can slip away for a while and relax before the party in the evening. Yeps.. I do imagine she'll need another dress. ;)

I predict that as well!
someone else is also wondering about Kate's wedding dress (or dresses) Cheryl Cole: I can't wait to see Kate Middleton's wedding dress | Celebrity News | Now Magazine

Last edited:
If I was William, the one thing I would be nervous about is falling up the stairs going to the altar, since I'm a clumsy one. Actually I would also be nervous with the vows since both his parents messed up and the whole world watching and all.

I could see my mom doing that. I'd be nervous too, heck if I ever get married its going to be very small and even then I'd probably still be a tad nervous. Yeah people are going to keep a good eye on his marriage thats for sure. I was quite disgusted that some guy said he felt they wouldn't make 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom