The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 01:32 AM
Nobility

William is learning Welsh. Royal wedding: Prince William of Wales is ready to tell Kate Middleton: Gwnaf - Telegraph

Old 02-20-2011, 01:52 AM
Courtier

^ they have invited 1000 private guests?? thats a lot!

Old 02-20-2011, 02:00 AM
Nobility

More invite details: Invitations arrive for Royal wedding - Telegraph

A royal aide said: "Ultimately who would be attending the Palace reception was the couple's choice. It will be a mixture of their friends, people who are known personally to the Royal family and members of the foreign Royal families. There will not be many people present who are there just by dint of their office. The couple were also keen to keep the evening reception intimate."

There will be two versions of the invitation sent to guests for day-time events - one inviting them to the ceremony at the Abbey only and another also including details of the Buckingham Palace reception. A separate invitation will be sent to the couple's close friends and family for the dinner.

Members of the late Diana, Princess of Wales's family are also expected to attend the entire day, including her elder sisters Lady Jane Fellowes, Lady Sarah McCorquodale and her three children, the Prince's cousins Emily, George and Celia to whom he is close. Earl Spencer, Prince William's uncle, is also expected to attend with his new fiancee, Karen Gordon.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:26 AM
Heir Apparent

I dunno why it is maybe it's just me but the way these articles are written the dinner reception sounds so boring somehow I cannot picture any dancing the way it's written lol but obviously there will be since that's what the press release said. Question where in the world would this reception be held at BP somewhere where there is a dance floor I take it?
Old 02-20-2011, 04:04 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I dunno why it is maybe it's just me but the way these articles are written the dinner reception sounds so boring somehow I cannot picture any dancing the way it's written lol but obviously there will be since that's what the press release said. Question where in the world would this reception be held at BP somewhere where there is a dance floor I take it?
Not just a dance floor, an entire Ballroom!!
Old 02-20-2011, 04:20 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

It's a VERY Royal Wedding: 40 crowned heads to attend William and Kate's big day | Mail Online
Old 02-20-2011, 04:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
Not just a dance floor, an entire Ballroom!!
It's this room right? http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/...x327_popup.jpg

I still don't see where they'd have room to dance I dunno why I can't see it maybe it's just the picture that's making it hard to imagine.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:00 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
She might wear a hat as she leaves for her honeymoon. Diana did...Sarah did not...can't recall Sophie.
But with Diana and Sarah the laeaving in the honeymoon was in the afternoon after the Wedding breakfast whioch can not happen this time as there is the dinner and ball in the evening.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
It's this room right? http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/...x327_popup.jpg

I still don't see where they'd have room to dance I dunno why I can't see it maybe it's just the picture that's making it hard to imagine.

That room is the formal dining room not the ballroom. It's got carpet on the floor! You can't dance on a carpeted floor! The ballroom has a wooden floor and no sideboards at the walls when food dishes are kept. They could very easily eat on one room and then open out into the ballroom where a band is stationed to play the night away. (This is what happened at the Swedish royal wedding last year, the final royal guests were see leaving at 4am! It was a good night!)
Old 02-20-2011, 05:18 AM
Aristocracy

I would have liked to have a ball for a reception and with 40 crowned heads attending. Any chance of tiaras in the evening?
Old 02-20-2011, 05:57 AM
Aristocracy

I`m a bit confused - the article says that 40 crowned heads (I guess Kings and Queens) have been invited and then it says 40 members of foreign royalty which is not the same. If 40 is the number, then it`s not much, is it?
Old 02-20-2011, 06:08 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

The press release concerning the invitations has been posted in the Pre-Wedding Information for Prince William and Miss Catherine Middleton thread.

PR
Old 02-20-2011, 06:13 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monna View Post
I`m a bit confused - the article says that 40 crowned heads (I guess Kings and Queens) have been invited and then it says 40 members of foreign royalty which is not the same. If 40 is the number, then it`s not much, is it?
I was thinking the same!
Old 02-20-2011, 06:20 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
I suppose there's no chance he would wear his KG robes?
While more recent precedent makes it unlikely, you're not being completely out there. The future Edward VII wore his garter robes to his wedding in 1863.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:58 AM
Nobility

Here is the list of countries from the Commonwealth whose gouvernor general and/or prime ministers are likely to join the celebration at westminster abbeye (60 representatives will be there from those countries)
  • South Africa
  • Botswana
  • Cameroun
  • Gambia
  • Ghana
  • Kenya
  • Malawi
  • Mauritus
  • Mozambique
  • Namibia
  • Nigeria
  • Ouganda
  • Rwanda
  • Seychelles
  • Sierra Leone
  • Swaziland
  • Tanzania
  • Zambia
  • Antigua
  • Bahamas
  • Barbade
  • Belize
  • Canada
  • Saint-Dominique
  • Grenada
  • Guyana
  • Jamaïque
  • Saint-Christophe
  • Sainte-Lucie
  • Grenadines
  • Trinité and Tobago
  • Bengladesh
  • Brunei
  • India
  • Malaisia
  • Maldives
  • Singapour
  • Sri Lanka
  • Chypre
  • Malta
  • Australia
  • Fidji
  • Kiribati
  • Nauru
  • New-Zeland
  • Papouasie - Nouvelle Guinée
  • Salomon
Old 02-20-2011, 07:04 AM
Nobility

Some links. And one info to put in the prewedding : Prime minister of new zealand just announced he and the governor general of new zealand are very happy to attend and to meet again william on the 29 april (not exactly his words but I almost forgot, see the new zealand press).

Gillard scores invitation to Royal wedding - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Frontpage | Royal invite for Surie

Cable networks plan flood of royal wedding shows || OnlineAthens.com
Old 02-20-2011, 07:10 AM
Aristocracy

Thank you, Princess Robijn So it`s 40 foreign royals. I guess each royal family will be represented by one couple only? Well, it makes sense since to the recent royal weddings the BRF sent only one or two reprentatives (Prince Charles for the Spanish wedding, Edward and Sophie for the Danish or Swedish wedding etc.)
Old 02-20-2011, 07:43 AM
Serene Highness

on twitter it was confirmed that the Beckhams were invited: "@HilaryAlexander David + Victoria Beckham have been invited to the Royal Wedding "
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcharlie View Post
More invite details: Invitations arrive for Royal wedding - Telegraph

Members of the late Diana, Princess of Wales's family are also expected to attend the entire day, including her elder sisters Lady Jane Fellowes, Lady Sarah McCorquodale and her three children, the Prince's cousins Emily, George and Celia to whom he is close. Earl Spencer, Prince William's uncle, is also expected to attend with his new fiancee, Karen Gordon.

I don't know how much store we can set by expectations; wasn't Sarah Ferguson expected to receive an invitation?
Old 02-20-2011, 08:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru View Post
Here is the list of countries from the Commonwealth whose gouvernor general and/or prime ministers are likely to join the celebration at westminster abbeye (60 representatives will be there from those countries)
Not all of these Commonwealth countries have the Queen as the Head of State and so don't have a Governor-General!!!! For example South Africa and India are both republics, they have presidents, not a governor general. There are 15 Commonwealth countries that have a governor-general, so don't know where the number 60 comes from. Although I saw one suggestion, that retired Governors-general could be invited. Or, Australia has state governors, maybe they are being invited along with the Governor-General. That bumps up the number, do the individual Canadian provinces each have a governor?

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding