The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Let's get back on topic.

If you wish to discuss the difference in British titles, please do so here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...es-258-42.html

Thanks!

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 02-19-2011, 09:13 PM
Nobility

About 50 members of the British royal family have been invited -- although it emerged this weekend that the Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson, is not among them -- in addition to 40 members of foreign royal families.

A further 80 guests will be drawn from Prince William's charities, which include homelessness charity Centrepoint, the Tusk Trust conservation charity and the Royal Marsden Hospital, where his late mother Diana was also a patron.
Then there will be 200 members of government, parliament and the diplomatic corps, as well as 60 governors-general and prime ministers from Commonwealth countries, and 30 members of the British military.

Intresting guest list to say the least... Cant wait to see my Govenor General, Quinten Bryce who is a great leady, I have met her on several occosions!

Old 02-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Nobility

I didn't post this bit about the armed forces earlier: The Press Association: Royal wedding to host 2,000 guests
Quote:
William's charities will be represented by 80 people and 30 members of the defence services have been invited - a number expected to include the heads of the three Armed Forces.
Or Church: BBC News - Royal wedding: Couple invite 1,900 guests
Quote:
The guest list also includes 30 members of the armed forces as well as representatives from the Church and other faiths.
Other people Hugh Vickers expects (his opinion): Check the mailbox: Royal wedding invites posted
Quote:
Vickers said many European royals likely to attend are closer in age to William, second in line to the throne, than his father Charles - suggesting the guest list may have a more youthful feel than royal weddings of the past.
Quote:
"You need to remember all the people who've worked with and helped you over the years - from the kindergarten teachers, to the person who taught you to swim ... I think we'll see some of those people included," he said.
BP and CH have seen an increase in mail. lol. :) Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: A record post bag for Wills and Kate
Old 02-19-2011, 09:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Have these 2 articles been seen?
Kate Middleton hires Philip Treacy for the big day | Mail Online
Prince William, Kate Middleton Wedding Invitation Pictures : People.com
Old 02-19-2011, 09:53 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think so.

Philip Treacy has done some amazing hat's for the RF. Nice addition to the big day :)
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
I don't think so.

Philip Treacy has done some amazing hat's for the RF. Nice addition to the big day :)
But when would she wear a hat? I'd think she's going to wear a veil and tiara. Maybe its for an event prior to the wedding day.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:19 PM
Administrator

She might wear a hat as she leaves for her honeymoon. Diana did...Sarah did not...can't recall Sophie.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
...can't recall Sophie.
Thats why when marrying a royal, one should never agree to a small wedding
Old 02-19-2011, 10:24 PM
Courtier

So will some people get 3 invitations - the one we've seen to the service, then one, again from the Queen, to the luncheon for 600, and then one from Prince Charles to the dinner for 300?
The american National Enquirer gossip rag had a blip about Camilla "Enraging future princess Kate Middleton again, meddling old Camilla Parker-Bowles - who keeps trying to muck up Kate and Prince William's wedding - triggered a major mutiny when she and hubby..." the snippet goes on to say that Camilla was allowed to invite whomever she wanted to the dinner whereas Kate was limited to just a few friends, Kate "pitched a scary hissy," William 'locked horns' with his father and now Kate can invite whomever she wants. Doubt that a word of it is true, but the american press seems to love to hate Camilla.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:42 PM
Nobility

How very exciting all this is. Beautiful for Ms. Middleton that her day is to arrive where she will live happily ever after with her King to be. It is a dream if not a fairytale in the making. I have visited here so often prior to the wedding announcement and it seemed the writers were casting their own approve or not of the person they were casting a spell. Sometimes I disagreed wholeheartedly with the portrayal of this beacon of perfection who we knew as Kate and now as Cathleen the Queen. But I saw and witness otherwise. It's a happy day for me to realize she is getting that much closer to her Will. I have dreamt of this day and worship the desire of Will and Cate to live for the benefit of all. The actuality is to get closer and in time we will see their demonstration. I'm just so happy we're getting to see all this. It is love I imagine and it is wow. Sorry but I haven't posted in time for my reasons so I just felt I wanted to say this. And I hope Sarah will be there. Somehow it feels like she is their family. We will wait and see if in actuality the Duchess will go. Man I get shivers as this time flies. Very good. Ok I had to say that. Cheers.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:27 PM
Royal Highness

So of course morning dress means that ladies will be in in dresses with hats...as opposed to tiaras.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

5 things you don't know about Kate Middleton on Shine

Kate Middleton as the oldest royal bride? Is this in general or this the oldest in the BRF?
Old 02-20-2011, 12:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossop7

Not sure I can explain it very well but it's the highest (and I think the oldest) honour in the British honours system (it's higher than the ordinary knighthood, which is what Paul McCartney has). It's the only one that the Queen decides who receives it - all other honours are suggested & decided upon by the government at the time & the Queen pretty much just has to go along with whoever they choose each year while this one she decides who gets it & the government have no say in it - plus there is only a certain number allowed at any one time, 24 I think. Not sure what a Knight of the Garter title before their name is but I know it's not Sir...might just be Knight.

Here's the wiki page as just realised that'll probably help more & not veer this thread way off topic http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Garter
Oh thank you for explaining- I get it.... Back to topic :)
Old 02-20-2011, 12:20 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinacg

But when would she wear a hat? I'd think she's going to wear a veil and tiara. Maybe its for an event prior to the wedding day.
Article says hats for ladies of wedding party and older members of family like Kates mom- it says she may do a hat at the party PC is hosting for them

Also says lady guests required to wear hat to church service so no tiaras except Kate probably but hats.....so it's something!
Old 02-20-2011, 12:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam
5 things you don't know about Kate Middleton on Shine

Kate Middleton as the oldest royal bride? Is this in general or this the oldest in the BRF?
Sophie was 34 when she married Edward, Sarah was 26 when she married Andrew and I believe Diana was barely 20 when she married Charles. Not the oldest, but not the youngest! :)
Old 02-20-2011, 12:35 AM
Nobility

NZ will be represented. :) Key on guest list - Newstalk ZB
Old 02-20-2011, 12:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope

Sophie was 34 when she married Edward, Sarah was 26 when she married Andrew and I believe Diana was barely 20 when she married Charles. Not the oldest, but not the youngest! :)
Camilla was older too :) .....
Old 02-20-2011, 12:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kate Middleton is Related to...Ellen DeGeneres? | PopEater.com

I love Ellen DeGeneres. It would be a hoot if she was really invited!
Old 02-20-2011, 12:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
So how is Kate the oldest then?
Old 02-20-2011, 01:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ

Oops!. Didn't mean to forget her!!