The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 12:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Ther is certainly no shortage at carriages. At the Wedding of Charles and Diana the entire Royal Family (from the Queen up to Prince and Princess Michale of Kent) travelled in open carriages and there is also a vast collection of closed carriages.
There certainly is a conspiracy afoot to defend Kate[light humour] from allergies to the fact that it is her day -and that the carriage might not look proper stopping in front of Goring Hotel her wedding and her choice. However nothing can be subsantiated. None of the speculation.and I do not think we will ever know for certain. They could take a closed carriage.Personally I do not know why a lot of things like this are happening but all the posters here defend Catherine so maybe best to leave it alone.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
There certainly is a conspiracy afoot to defend Kate[light humour] from allergies to the fact that it is her day -and that the carriage might not look proper stopping in front of Goring Hotel her wedding and her choice. However nothing can be subsantiated. None of the speculation.and I do not think we will ever know for certain. They could take a closed carriage.Personally I do not know why a lot of things like this are happening but all the posters here defend Catherine so maybe best to leave it alone.
Oh, I don't think there is a conspiracy of any kind, but maybe rather a counterbalance to some of the sniping.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:38 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Oh, I don't think there is a conspiracy of any kind, but maybe rather a counterbalance to some of the sniping.
..... not to mention the unbridled negativity some choose to hurle around without basis
Old 02-18-2011, 12:51 PM
Administrator

Check that post box: The invitations to the April 29 wedding of William and Kate are in the mail.

A palace source confirms to PEOPLE that on Thursday the invitations began leaving the office of the Lord Chamberlain – the man entrusted with seeing the cards get to the right people.

It's Official: Royal Wedding Invitations in the Mail - Kate Middleton, Prince William : People.com

Old 02-18-2011, 01:17 PM
Heir Apparent

...no turning back now!!! It's now real for me.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Serene Highness

This might be interesting to some, official consent has been given to the marriage:

http://www.privy-council.org.uk/file...feb%202011.pdf
Old 02-18-2011, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
This might be interesting to some, official consent has been given to the marriage:

Thanks for posting that, Skippy. I wonder if there are any legal repurcussions to either party having a change of heart. It says a "Contract of Marriage" not in Skippy's quote, but somewhere else earlier in this or some other thread. Wonder if there is recourse for Kate if PW changes his mind.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Thanks for posting that, Skippy. I wonder if there are any legal repurcussions to either party having a change of heart. It says a "Contract of Marriage" not in Skippy's quote, but somewhere else earlier in this or some other thread. Wonder if there is recourse for Kate if PW changes his mind.
I THINK it's something like "The Queen graciously gives her consent to a contract of marriage between....." and there is no contract in place until the ceremony has taken place. As with any other couple, I THINK that any recourse would only be in regard to assets bought in contemplation of the marriage (such as a house, furniture etc), the engagement ring and possibly even loss of earnings, but all this would have to go through the civil courts if one or other decided to sue.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:16 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcharlie View Post
The Queen gave her consent to the marriage at the Privy Council
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I THINK it's something like "The Queen graciously gives her consent to a contract of marriage between....." and there is no contract in place until the ceremony has taken place.
jdcharlie posted the article yesterday, and quoted

Quote:
My Lords, I declare My Consent to a Contract of Matrimony between My Most Dearly Beloved Grandson Prince William Arthur Philip Louis of Wales and Catherine Elizabeth Middleton, which Consent I am causing to be signified under the Great Seal and to be entered in the Books of the Privy Council.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I THINK it's something like "The Queen graciously gives her consent to a contract of marriage between....." and there is no contract in place until the ceremony has taken place. As with any other couple, I THINK that any recourse would only be in regard to assets bought in contemplation of the marriage (such as a house, furniture etc), the engagement ring and possibly even loss of earnings, but all this would have to go through the civil courts if one or other decided to sue.
Thanks, Jacknch. I am not schooled in English law, only American. We no longer recognize breach of contract in pre-matrimonial affairs. I was just wondering...
Old 02-18-2011, 04:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

They can both still back out - up to and when they have both said 'I do' - and if either of them have doubts they should do so - think of the heartache that we and they would have been spared had others, in similar circumstances acted on their doubts.

NB I am not saying that either of them have any doubts but saying IF they have them.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:23 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Royal Wedding: Diana's friend Sarah, Duchess of York is not invited by Prince William - Telegraph

Sarah, Duchess of York, who was close to Prince William's mother Diana, Princess of Wales, has been left off the guest list for his marriage to Kate Middleton.

“She will not be attending the wedding,” confirms a spokesman for the former wife of the Duke of York. “She never expected to be invited or to attend. She will be overseas at the time.”
Old 02-18-2011, 06:11 PM
Nobility

This is an interesting development. I thought that as William's aunt, she might have been included.

I have to say- after her recent troubles, the Duchess' choice not to accept any television (or commercial) offers related to this wedding is very smart. If she somehow benefited from the wedding, I think her credibility would really be (further) damaged.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Shes his former aunt actually
Old 02-18-2011, 09:14 PM
Administrator

I am sure that is a personal decision...depending on how close one is. My parents have been divorced for 16 years and cousins on both sides refer to their "ex" Aunt and Uncle as Aunt and Uncle without the ex.

Of course, we dont' know for a fact what type of relationship William has with Sarah. One imagine that it is distant. Though I seem to recall Zara being excited to see Sarah at one point after the divorce.

Old 02-18-2011, 09:42 PM
Serene Highness

The wedding invitations have gone out:

Prince William and Kate Middleton Send Out Wedding Invites - Healthy Lifestyle - UsMagazine.com

And the Duchess of York is apparently not invited. She says she wouldn't have gone anyway:

THE Duchess of York has not been invited to the royal wedding but says she wouldn’t have gone anyway. - mirror.co.uk
Old 02-18-2011, 10:22 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
No as with protocol the gold state carriage or more often the glass coach is used to bring the bride and her father to the wedding. The bride and groom return in one of the simpler open carriages on the way back. The closed state carriages ares vastly expensive to organise, clean, polish etc for use. The gold one being used just once a year for the opening of parliament each year. The last time I remember one being used apart from that was I think the Queens 50 jubilee.

It was said at the time that the car was being used for modernity and cost cutting reasons.

And as for most of the attendants being from William's side. Well they were going to be. He is the royal. All those children are either moderately well known themselves or come from the royal circle. Always going to be like that.
I am not sure the words "vastly expensive" should be used to discuss the extra cost involved in using a carriage vs a car. I am under the assumption, that the people involved in caring for the carriages already work in the royal mews, and that cleaning supplies can't be that expensive for it to make a real difference in cost. Maybe logistically it is easier to plan and implement the use of a motor vehicl. The use of carriages/coaches are used regularly and I doubt the royal household would need to hire new staff to put this in place. I think that the use of a car has more to do with adding a modern twist or perhaps is linked to her allergies. Just my opinion
Old 02-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Ther is certainly no shortage at carriages. At the Wedding of Charles and Diana the entire Royal Family (from the Queen up to Prince and Princess Michale of Kent) travelled in open carriages and there is also a vast collection of closed carriages.
http://cdn.theroyalforums.com/ugala/...tor/smilie.gif

Your are right, there certainly isn't a shortage of carriages. I believe that the royal mews states that they are over 100 carriages/coaches in the royal collection, not sure how many of them are usable.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
IF this is in fact true, I am not surprised. Even if William would be fine with inviting her, I think the Queen has had enough. As the saying goes...fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. If Sarah is able to rise from the royal ashes once again, I don't think it will be in the Queen's fireplace.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:31 AM
Majesty

Very witty, texankitcat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
If Sarah is able to rise from the royal ashes once again, I don't think it will be in the Queen's fireplace.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding