The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 10:59 PM
Heir Apparent

True on both points but hate me if you must but if there's a second dress then god dammit I'll be mad if we don't see it I've had both my church dress and reception dress picked out since I was 11 years old so you can tell how much I LOVE weddings! Which could explain why I'm slightly obsessed about knowing every little detail about this one.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:07 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
True on both points but hate me if you must but if there's a second dress then god dammit I'll be mad if we don't see it I've had both my church dress and reception dress picked out since I was 11 years old so you can tell how much I LOVE weddings! Which could explain why I'm slightly obsessed about knowing every little detail about this one.
Oh trust me I will be eyeballing every bit of coverage there may be to get a peep at the second dress myself!

I still have a gut feeling that perhaps what Kate will do is have a main dress (perhaps even strapless) which will serve wonderfully for a private reception. To make the dress more regal and suitable for Westminster Abbey, she'd have sort of an overdress type thing that has the sleeves and the long train.

But then again... if she has two different dresses, it gives the both of them an excuse to slip away for a while and um... change.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:17 PM
Heir Apparent

haha too true, actually my mom says she too expects something like that. I think they said they will be taking a "break" hehe between the wedding breakfast and night time reception

Has this been posted?
Too many cooks for this royal cake
Old 02-14-2011, 11:49 PM
Aristocracy

I don't think I have seen the article posted, but don't check this thread everyday.

I find it interesting that they are putting all the blame on Kate. Last I check it is usually two people who get married. I find it sad that apparently Courtiers pick the cakes etc not the bride and groom. Or I am reading way too much into the comment made by the cake person.

There could be many reasons why this place wasn't picked. They could just not like the place for some reason. They could have the cake already picked out.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:23 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelly View Post
I don't think I have seen the article posted, but don't check this thread everyday.

I find it interesting that they are putting all the blame on Kate. Last I check it is usually two people who get married. I find it sad that apparently Courtiers pick the cakes etc not the bride and groom. Or I am reading way too much into the comment made by the cake person.

There could be many reasons why this place wasn't picked. They could just not like the place for some reason. They could have the cake already picked out.
Doesn't Kate's brother James do cakes? Perhaps he's making up an extra special one for the wedding.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:00 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelly View Post

Chelly totally agree with your statment, there are two people going into this marriage, William and Kate, so it can't just be Kate that's making all the calls. So why are they always blaming Kate.

When I have been reading the articles about the kids that have been choosen, they say that the boys that have been choosen are supporters of William, now does that mean that they will walk down the isle with Kate holding the hads of the bridesmaids like we have seen with other royal weddings or will they be with Harry and William up at the alter waiting for Kate to arrive?
Old 02-15-2011, 02:51 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
haha too true, actually my mom says she too expects something like that. I think they said they will be taking a "break" hehe between the wedding breakfast and night time reception

Has this been posted?
I'm not sure this article is correct because I thought that chefs from the forces cooked the royal wedding cakes? I am sure that the Royal Navy made Andrew and Sarah's wedding cake because there was a news report about it and I saw them pouring bottles on Navy Rum in the mix!?
Old 02-15-2011, 03:20 AM
Nobility

'Make me best man or I'm not coming': Key wedding role for William's brother (but no wild stag night) | Mail Online

Earl Spencer's son Louis and Will Van Cutsem rumored to be groomsmen.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:04 AM
Serene Highness

I see no surprises in their choices for groomsmen or bridesmaids. I would expect William to include Spencer family members. It was his mother family so it's normal to invite them. On the other hand people often choose as best man or maid of honor own siblings if they have any or close relatives, or best friends, so again no surprise that Kate chose Pipa, and William chose Harry.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 02-15-2011, 09:37 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I'm not sure this article is correct because I thought that chefs from the forces cooked the royal wedding cakes? I am sure that the Royal Navy made Andrew and Sarah's wedding cake because there was a news report about it and I saw them pouring bottles on Navy Rum in the mix!?
According to wikipedia several groups took part including the Naval Armed Forces, the company mentioned in the article and others. Though it goes to say they had 27 where the article saids 11. So I have no idea who is correct, I can't check my books at the moment but I am sure someone will correct me before I get a chance.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:00 AM
Majesty

Quote:

Has this been posted?
I am not sure how accurate this article could be. It is from NDTV.com, which is an India based news channel.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
Find it a bit strange that apart from her sister every other attendant seems to come from William's orbit. Dosn't she have any other family members of her own that she would like to have asked?
Isn't that generally the case in royal weddings?
All of Diana's attendants were there through their connection with Charles, weren't they?

Kate's probably lucky she was allowed to have Pippa instead of Beatrice or Zara!
Old 02-15-2011, 11:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Let's be honest. This is William's wedding.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Might you like to explain your comments further?
Old 02-15-2011, 11:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Muriel, my comment is very straight forward. It is a royal wedding from beginning to end. William is the royal and has more say in things. So, let's be honest, OK?
Old 02-15-2011, 11:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Muriel, my comment is very straight forward. It is a royal wedding from beginning to end. William is the royal and has more say in things. So, let's be honest, OK?

I would hate to think your statement ture. I would hope that all decisions are being made by both of them. While I'll agree that it is a royal wedding and protocal is being follwed as far as the members of the wedding party and so on..so lets be honest enough to say we really don't know.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
I would hate to think your statement ture. I would hope that all decisions are being made by both of them. While I'll agree that it is a royal wedding and protcal is being follwed as far as the members of the wedding party and so on..so lets be honest enough to say we really don't know.
I quite agree with Lady Ann. Whilst royal protocal will no doubt need to be followed, I would hope that the couple together are making a number of the key decisions.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:09 PM
Aristocracy

Has anyone considered that maybe Kate actually wanted those people who have been chosen to be bridesmaids etc, just because they are from William's family/group of friends doesn't necessarily mean Kate is being forced into having them involved in the wedding or that she had no say etc.

Maybe she is eprfectly happy with these particular people & knows them herself, seeing as she has been dating William for a number of years & attended various family/friend's events over the years I'd say it's fairly safe to assume that she knows at least some of the people chosen as bridesmaids/other attendents etc & has some kind of acquaintance/relationship with them herself.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Gentry

Ok, I looked it all up. Here's the information on the bridesmaids and page boys

The Attendants

Best Man: HRH Prince Henry of Wales, brother of the groom

Maid of Honor: Miss Philippa "Pippa" Middleton, sister of the bride

Lead Bridesmaid: Lady Louise Wessex, age 7, daughter of HRH Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex and HRH Sophie, Countess of Wessex

Bridesmaid: The Honorable Margarita Armstrong -Jones, age 8, daughter of David Armstrong-Jones, Viscount Linley and Serena Armstrong Jones (nee Stanhope), Vicountess Linley, and grandson of HRH Princess Margaret Windsor (deceased) and Antony Armstrong-Jones, 1st Earl of Snowdon. Miss Armstrong-Jones is 1st Cousin once removed of HRH Prince William of Wales, and grandniece HM Queen Elizabeth II.

Bridesmaid: Miss Eliza Lopes, age 3, daughter of Mrs. Laura Lopes and Mr. Henry Lopes and granddaughter of Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall the wife of HRH Charles, Prince Of Wales. Miss Lopes is also the great granddaughter of the 2nd Baron Roborough and the 2nd Baron Astor of Hever. (Hever Castle is the former home of King Henry VIII's 2nd wife HM Queen Anne Bolelyn's family.)

Bridesmaid: Miss Grace Van Custem, age 3, daughter of Mr. Edward Van Custem and Lady Tamara Van Custem (nee Grosvenor) daughter of the Duke of Westminster. Miss Van Custem is HRH Prince William of Wales' Goddaughter.

Page Boy: Tom Pettifer, age 8, son of Mrs. Alexandra Shân "Tiggy" Pettifer (nee Legge-Bourke) and Mr. Charles Pettifer. Mrs. Pettifer was the nanny to HRH Prince William of Wales and HRH Prince Henry of Wales, and was the one who was there for them when their mother passed away. Mr. Tom Pettifer is HRH Prince William of Wales' Godson.

Page Boy: William "Billy" Lowther-Pinkerton, son of Major James "Jamie" Lowther Pinkerton and Mrs. Susannah Lowther-Pinkerton. Mr. Lowther-Pinkerton is ,The Private Secretary to HRH Prince William of Wales and HRH Prince Henry of Wales,
Old 02-15-2011, 02:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Wrong; it is your opinion that it is William's wedding. I say that it is their wedding, or is he marrying himself?

Quote:
I think that your comment is very presumptuous. Only because William is the royal and royal protocol has to be followed doesn't automatically mean that he has more say in things and/or that his opinion counts most to make decisions final.
You make it sound like she has to be at his beck and calling and should be happy with whatever preference of hers is included at all.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding