The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 10:45 AM
Nobility

Lady Rose Van Cutsem

Lady Rose is an Astor.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:39 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanna Wynne View Post
Lady Rose is an Astor.
She is not a "Lady", but a Honorable as daughter of a Viscount. Thus she is rightly named Mrs. Hugh van Cutsem. Edward van Cutsem's wife Tamara is the daughter of the duke of Westminster. Thus she has the precedence of the daughter of a duke and is styled Lady Tamara van Cutsem, because her rank is higher than that of her husband. That's why she is not Mrs. Edward van Cutsem.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:45 AM
Royal Highness

I'm happy to see Lady Louise in there. I bet she's really excited!
Old 02-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Nobility

Thank you, Kataryn. I stand corrected!
Old 02-14-2011, 12:05 PM
Commoner

Why is there no one from Kate's family included in the wedding party but her sister? It seems awfully dominated by William's side.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

I must say I think it is lovely that Eliza Lopes will be a bridesmaid! She and Grace van Cutsem will look very cute together as will Lady Louise and Margarita.

I can picture it now: The two 3 yr olds followed by the 7 and 8 yr olds, then Pippa, then Kate.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesPrincess View Post
Why is there no one from Kate's family included in the wedding party but her sister? It seems awfully dominated by William's side.
Perhaps there are no children of a suitable age within the Middleton clan.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I know we considered that William will not wear a historical RAF uniform like that worn by George VI; we thought it might look like a costume.

But I came across this: Full dress is now rarely worn except by the Foot Guards and the Household Cavalry. It is issued at public expense to these units; other units may obtain and wear Full Dress (in their pre-1914 pattern if no modern order is prescribed) for use in historical displays, when acting as ushers or lining parties at weddings, and when acting as a sword guard to the Royal Horse Artillery.[2] However, these uniforms must be purchased and maintained from non-public funds.

So, does this mean that William may wear a uniform modeled on his great-grandfather's? I hope so!
Old 02-14-2011, 12:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesPrincess View Post
It's possible that there are no small children in Kate's immediate family. My older brother has two young ones. But if he were my younger brother (like James and Pippa) and without children, there would be absolutely no one else in my family that would be suitable. And my family isn't small!

Considering how long Kate and William have been together, I wouldn't be surprised if choices like Eliza and Billy Lowther-Pinkerton were joint choices. If you go back and look at pictures of Kate, there are several of her greeting, hanging out and joking around with Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton and Laura Lopes. Kate has also been dating William since Lady Louise and Grace Van Cutsem were born.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
I can picture it now: The two 3 yr olds followed by the 7 and 8 yr olds, then Pippa, then Kate.
Feel free to shoot me down here, because I don't have kids myself, but do you think the really young ones will cope with the occasion. I imagine it may be a little overwhelming, what with it being the wedding of the decade and probably billions of people watching all over the world.

Or will they be too young to care about the enormity, and just be carefree...
Old 02-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Nobility

Kate and William's page boys and bridesmaids, in photos: Royal Wedding: Kate Middleton and Prince William's bridesmaids and page boys - Telegraph
Old 02-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Aristocracy

How did Prince William handle being a pageboy at Andrew and Sarah's wedding, wasn't he around that age.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellissimo View Post
Feel free to shoot me down here, because I don't have kids myself, but do you think the really young ones will cope with the occasion. I imagine it may be a little overwhelming, what with it being the wedding of the decade and probably billions of people watching all over the world.

Why would I shoot you down!

Obviously we can't really predict how they will behave on the day. However I'd say they will only walk down the aisle then be whisked off by nannies and then returned at the end of the service. However my mother had a three year old in her wedding party and she said it was fine but I guess we aren't comparing like with like. I'm betting the children will be fairly well drilled before the big day and both Eliza and Grace have been bridesmaids before.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
I must say I think it is lovely that Eliza Lopes will be a bridesmaid! She and Grace van Cutsem will look very cute together as will Lady Louise and Margarita.

I think Pippa will follow Kate so to keep the train (I'm assuming she'll have some sort of substantial train) in check.

I think it's lovely that they have included his step-niece. It says a lot about the relationship between the families imo.

There may not have been anyone else in Kate's family to include. My wedding party didn't include anyone from my husband's side as there were no young children who could be flowergirls or pages and he has no sisters who could be a Bridesmaids. Whereas my family had a plethora of candidates.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:28 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelly View Post
How did Prince William handle being a pageboy at Andrew and Sarah's wedding, wasn't he around that age.
I watched the program William, Kate and 8 Royal Weddings again last night and there was a bit of coverage of William as a page boy for Andrew and Sarah's wedding. To me it looked as if he was having the time of his life. He was dressed up neatly in a sailor suit and even had a little sword to go with it. It was said he fidgeted during the ceremony but watching him, he dealt with the whole thing admirably. I did have to laugh when they showed the Queen chasing after the carriage taking Andrew and Sarah off to their honeymoon. What the footage didn't show is that HM was chasing after William who was just a little bit too enthused about the sendoff.

I think the children will do just fine for the ceremony.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellissimo View Post

Little children are (generally) the norm. They will be carefree, but they will do their jobs as best they can. Prince William acted up at Sarah's wedding, I think, but it was thought to be cute. I agreed with the cuteness.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelly View Post
It was said that Diana had to lure him with M&Ms or some other form of candy so he would have to pay attention. He was a little fidgety in the chair during the ceremony, and was talking to the young girls sitting next to him.

Little children will behave....how they behave...all you can do is try and teach them and hopefully they will be good to go the day of the wedding..hahaha...
Old 02-14-2011, 01:40 PM
Serene Highness

Little children can feel the seriousness in the church, so they´ll behave properly :)
Old 02-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
It was said that Diana had to lure him with M&Ms or some other form of candy so he would have to pay attention. He was a little fidgety in the chair during the ceremony, and was talking to the young girls sitting next to him.

Little children will behave....how they behave...all you can do is try and teach them and hopefully they will be good to go the day of the wedding..hahaha...
I still remember the wedding of Letizia and Felipe, where Felipes nephew was kicking the girls and was visibly proud of himself I don't think his parents agreed with him
Old 02-14-2011, 01:49 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Article in Germany suggesting that this might turn out to be the most boring royal wedding ever. They could be right.

What I am most looking forward to is
a) Kate's hairdo & tiara
5) Harry's speech as best man

Prinzen-Hochzeit: Der sichere Weg - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Nachrichten - Panorama

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding