Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't watch the whole thing it was so tacky. No I will stick to BBCAmerica and/or MSNBC.

I wonder why they could not have chosen one of Diana's sisters [the one closest to her in age] to ride along in the carriage instead of Camilla?
Is that simply because Camilla is Charles' wife?

I wonder why they could not have chosen one of Diana's sisters [the one closest to her in age] to ride along in the carriage instead of Camilla?

That is exactly why.
William & Catherine are obviously happy about the arrangements so, basically, it is none of anyone elses business.

That is exactly why.
William & Catherine are obviously happy about the arrangements so, basically, it is none of anyone elses business.

I didn't say I am unhappy about it, I was just wondering since it would make sense to me because of the family relations.

You don't have to say that it isn't anyone else's business, it's not like I don't know that. Sheesh :whistling:

I think William and Catherine are happy with the arrangements...and doing so (having Sarah or Jane ride with Charles and the Middletons) would create more comments, questions and possibly overshadow the day ----- its supposed to be about William and Catherine.

I think William and Catherine are happy with the arrangements...and doing so (having Sarah or Jane ride with Charles and the Middletons) would create more comments, questions and possibly overshadow the day ----- its supposed to be about William and Catherine.

That is also true - and the media would have a field day (in the wrong sense of the word) because of it.

I am, again, fine with the arrangements, it was just a loose spin of my thoughts.

Charles, Camilla, William and Harry are a family. Camilla is William's step=-mother, and it appears that the relations between Camilla and her step-sons is warm. In view of that, why would anybody else ride with Charles and the Middletons in the carriage?

Charles, Camilla, William and Harry are a family. Camilla is William's step=-mother, and it appears that the relations between Camilla and her step-sons is warm. In view of that, why would anybody else ride with Charles and the Middletons in the carriage?

I would not exactly call a Spencer "anybody else", but I was purely thinking of blood relations.

I guess I am the only one who has had this thought, but I am perfectly fine with the current arrangements. They are how they should be.

I seriously think that a step mother would outrank an aunt any day. Diana has passed on and life has gone on. I think both Kate and William would be appalled at the suggestion that Camilla not take her rightful place on their wedding day.

:previous: I actually disagree with that statement. A stepmother doesn't outrank an aunt who is a blood relative. But it also depends on the closeness of the relationships.. I also disagree with her rightful place. She is Charles's wife and William's stepmother. She has never tried to take Diana's place. If William had a good relationship with Jane or Sarah and might have wanted them to ride in the carriage or have a place of honor at the wedding. I dont' think she would have an issue with it. I was never a fan of Camilla's but she has always been respectful with Diana's memory as it relates to her sons. But life is for the living. So we move on.

William and Camilla appear to have a good relationship. If William was particularly close to Sarah or Jane that might be different. I have an aunt who I am very close to, and if something happened to my mother (God forbid) I might consider her doing something in her stead. After Diana's death, Sarah made her business to deliver a birthday present to Harry. I believe it was something she knew Diana was going to give him.

That being said, I do think that having Jane or Sarah ride in the carriage would overshadow William and Kate.

Last edited:
I feel lynched because of my thought, lol :D

I was just wondering about it since I do think an aunt stands closer in relations than a stepmother but if they have not had a relationship with them, then it doesn't make sense to be there.

That being said, I do think that having Jane or Sarah ride in the carriage would overshadow William and Kate.

That is something I completely agree with and had not yet thought of. It would be a media dream come true, and not in the positive way.

Last edited:
Thank you SO much, Zonk!

I for one am sick of all the Diana conjecture. Let the woman rest in peace -- and let the living live their lives in their own way, and without the endless comparisons.

I think its a legit question Skippy...you aren't being lynched.

I also think that William has good relationship with his Spencer aunts. I am not sure they are as close as they were as children because of his royal lifestyle. Away at boarding school, college, military life, etc.

That being said he does have a good relationship with Camilla. She is his father's wife. The Spencer aunts will be there, etc. Its all good.

from official statement
The Glass Coach was built in 1881 and was purchased for use at King George V’s Coronation in 1911. The Glass Coach has carried previous Royal brides to their weddings – Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon in 1923, Princess Alexandra in 1963, Princess Anne in 1973, Lady Diana Spencer in 1981 and Miss Sarah Ferguson in 1986. It has also carried the bride and bridegroom from the church, as it did when Princess Elizabeth married The Duke of Edinburgh and again when Princess Anne married Captain Mark Phillips.
I was thinking that she used a car :ermm:

more news...
The Royal Wedding music to be released digitally for the first time
For the first time in history, when Prince William marries Catherine Middleton next month, the Royal Wedding ceremony will be recorded and immediately released digitally by Decca Records.

I think that is in error.

I am looking at my copy of Royal Romances: Angus and Alexandra, and there is a picture of her in the Rolls with her brother, Prince Michael of Kent. Let me see if I can find my copy of the biography on her.

ETA: Okay, I found my book. It looks like Alexandra took the open topped Rolls to Westminister Abbey on the way to the service. Following the ceremony, she and Angus than rode in the glass carriage from the Abbey to St. James's Palace. There is a picture of her riding in it with Angus in the book Alexandra by Paul James. Its also worth noting that the Queen also hosted and paid for a ball a couple of days before Alexandra's wedding. So she has done this a couple of times in the past and not just for her children.

Last edited:
It was the same carriage the Queen and the DoE rode in toward Westminster Abbey when she was coronated. I understand making things recognizable to the majority of people reading, and the majority of people reading won't remember that, but they will remember seeing Diana in it. That being said, it's not "her" carriage, and it's shoddy and irresponsible journalism to write it that way.

Last night on the CBS evening news, it was announced that Kate's "something borrowed" would be "Diana's" coach. I think the newsreader actually believes the coach belonged to the late princess. What a dolt!Duh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ
Ew! I can't believe they used this word ....it's so insulting oh man! Rude! They could have said single....

Spinster merely means an unmarried woman of majority. It goes across all adult age groups and does not mean the woman is an old, grizzled harpy. Nothing wrong with being a spinster.

If you're interested in history, all of it is important.

Banns haven't been read in the USA for well over 150 years, so no one recognizes the meaning of the word "spinster."

Last edited:
Just saw on CNN this morning that Kate is is practicing with the carriage.
Getting in.. getting out can be a bit tricky I guess. Also has been riding around in it too to get used to it. As it sways back a forth, they don't want her to be getting motion sickness.

Wedding fever I think has really hit CNN as it seems at least once a day they've had something in regards to the royal wedding. :D

I love that she is practicing. When I read this it was a 'ahhh' moment for me. I know it's silly, but well...

If anyone knows me they know my love for Diana but this is just overly dramatic and unnecessary

ET Royal Wedding Promo

Though it was nice to see the photo of Diana with baby William, how much more could they have made it about Diana? The last what 10 seconds were about the wedding. This is supposed to be a happy occasion. I doubt Diana would have wanted it to be anything about her, but just the perfect day for her beloved son.

Yvonne Yorke: Bollywood Bash at Buckingham Palace!
It seems that ballroom "Dancing with the Stars," Bollywood-style, is set to arrive at Buckingham Palace. The Press Trust India has reported that celebrated Indian choreographer and entertainer Sandip Soparrkar and his dancer wife, Jesse Randhawa, will perform for guests at the Buckingham Palace reception after the wedding. With his expertise, Soparrkar has previously been honored by Prince Charles with a letter of recognition for his efforts in promoting ballroom dancing in India.

You'll generally find that type of tasteless, sensationalised dribble in American media.

But what do you expect though coming from an entertainment program that then progresses to stories on 'whack job' Sheen and Chaz Bono's mastectomy journey?!

And I understand why Jane Seymour would be involved. Oh wait! No I don't! Oh I know, she's English and has on OBE! That explains it...lol.

Nothing against Jane, but what a pointless addition to the program and I certainly am glad of my decison to have declined a signed book from Katie Nicholl mid last year. Nooo loss there!

cannot believe it! Actually I can't stop laughing :ROFLMAO:
The whole thing is beyond my comprehension.

Jane Seymour will probably know as much as Katie Nicholl about William & Kate.

I think that having one of Diana's sisters to ride along in the carriage instead of Camilla would infer that one of Diana's sisters has been acting as a kind of guardian or "second mother" to William which I don't think is the case. Whatever Camilla's relationship is with William, she is at the very least his step-mother and being the wife of his father it just makes sense that she rides with him. Had William lost BOTH his parents, it is conceivable I imagine that one of his aunts or uncles (from either side of the family) would have acted as his guardian and would therefore be riding in the procession.

I think that having one of Diana's sisters to ride along in the carriage instead of Camilla would infer that one of Diana's sisters has been acting as a kind of guardian or "second mother" to William which I don't think is the case. Whatever Camilla's relationship is with William, she is at the very least his step-mother and being the wife of his father it just makes sense that she rides with him. Had William lost BOTH his parents, it is conceivable I imagine that one of his aunts or uncles (from either side of the family) would have acted as his guardian and would therefore be riding in the procession.

Quite right.

Though it was nice to see the photo of Diana with baby William, how much more could they have made it about Diana? The last what 10 seconds were about the wedding. This is supposed to be a happy occasion. I doubt Diana would have wanted it to be anything about her, but just the perfect day for her beloved son.

what William and Kate would think if they saw that?

Actually I wonder if they know about all the merchandising about their wedding. The mugs, the condom, the GE refrigerator. I can see them cringing just as we did when we saw some of those crazy ideas.

Actually I wonder if they know about all the merchandising about their wedding. The mugs, the condom, the GE refrigerator. I can see them cringing just as we did when we saw some of those crazy ideas.

I am sure they are fully aware. They must read the press or get a press briefing from their office on a regular basis.

Last edited:
That is also true - and the media would have a field day (in the wrong sense of the word) because of it.

I am, again, fine with the arrangements, it was just a loose spin of my thoughts.

Skippy, I understood your question and perhaps if was only 1 aunt, it would be easier. But with Sarah and Jane that would prove to be another difficult decision.

When the day finally comes, I'll be watching and really happy for the couple, but I know that there will be a moment, at the altar, or later on when we get to see some of the official pictures, that I will think: "Jezz, can't believe his mum is not there. Of all people :sad:" ........
and probably share a tear and then move on . (have the feeling I won't be the only one after that ET video, though )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom