Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As "interesting" and a bit disheartening this thread was to read, this story is a joke to mark the weekend's Purim festival. Check out www.thejc.com/node/46723

I guess since the source was a Jewish magazine, we should have guessed.

The feast of Purim, a more minor Jewish holiday. Found in the Book of Esther in the old testament, it celebrates when Esther and her cousin Mordecai saved the Jews of the Persian empire from slaughter. Today it is celebrated on the 14th or 15th of the month, and along with giving gifts and donations, is celebrated with masquerades and often jokes. Plays or stories about anything related to the Jewish culture, which have humor in them, are customary.

Not knowing a whole lot about BRF protocol, I'm curious as to how much say HM has regarding the ceremony. If she felt something wasn't proper, is it possible she could object and William and Catherine would have to listen? Could she "put her foot down?"

IMO, absolutely. Although I don't think HM would get overly involved in the details of the wedding - the music, the dress, etc. - I don't doubt for a minute if she thought something major was wrong or inappropriate she'd say so and it would be changed, period. It's often said that QEII has given her family too much leeway in their personal lives over the past couple of decades, preferring not to get involved, but that doesn't change the fact that she's the head of the family and the monarch and in the end what she says goes. Also, from the way her adult grandchildren have spoken of her I believe they have a large amount of respect for her on a personal level, as well.

Before anyone jumps on me for this I am in no way questioning Kate this is just an honest question. When William is out working I wonder what exactly she does I mean right now she's busy with the wedding but after obviously she will be doing some solo engagements and will build up slowly in time but on the days that she doesn't have any and William is away for the day I wonder what she's going to do.

Princess lessons? :ROFLMAO:

Princess lessons? :ROFLMAO:

Princess lessons in Wales? Royal tutors would be hard to hide in their cottage in Wales. Isn't she meant to be. Isn't she meant to be the good little military wife? Maybe she will get involved with some military charities or something. I noticed at least one for their wedding donations is related to families of service men and women.

Question, what was she doing before they were engaged? Other than working for her parents. I assume that is out of the question.

Last edited:
:previous: Correct, her services will henceforth be 'solely employed' by the institution she is marrying into. There will I'm sure be a reasonable amount of time for her to find her feet and work out which charities or causes she wishes to align herself with. Naturally her place is with her husband so spending time in Wales together will allow them the time to get settled.

I'd imagine she may undertake various engagements in Wales during their stay. Have to wait and see :)

William and Kate will smash glass at wedding - Princess Diana Remembered
According to detailed wedding plans, due to be released on Sunday, a small amount of mehendi or turmeric, paste will be smeared on Kate's hand in a Muslim pre-wedding ritual. The couple will then offer each other a morsel of food to express mutual love and affection in accordance with the Hindu practice, and then William will smash a glass with his foot as at Jewish weddings.

Surely not! I for one expect this to be a totally traditional Anglican CofE wedding service.

Surely not! I for one expect this to be a totally traditional Anglican CofE wedding service.

It was already addressed above, it was a joke by the Jewish community. It is the Jewish festival of Purim this week, and part of the festival is making plays or stories which are humerous, on any Jewish topic,hence a news story about Jewish wedding customs.

:previous: Correct, her services will henceforth be 'solely employed' by the institution she is marrying into. There will I'm sure be a reasonable amount of time for her to find her feet and work out which charities or causes she wishes to align herself with. Naturally her place is with her husband so spending time in Wales together will allow them the time to get settled.

I'd imagine she may undertake various engagements in Wales during their stay. Have to wait and see :)

Well technically Sophie and Edward worked in PR still for a while after they wed, didn't they?But maybe because they are more removed from the throne.

Well technically Sophie and Edward worked in PR still for a while after they wed, didn't they?But maybe because they are more removed from the throne

Until the Countess involved herself, be it rather unawares at the time, in some dodgy business, and it became clear that Edwards PR capabilities, outside the family, where whimsical at best. And not forgetting the St Andrews 'saga'.

'Ardent Productions', one of the great production companies of Britain...lol. I believe it went into voluntary liquidation in 2009 with assets of something like £40 - £50.

I think the firm realises they should stick with what they are good at. Representing the interests of the UK and Commonwealth abroad, and not their own. There is a price to be payed in all things, and theirs is to forgo any personal aspirations and to devote their time and energies to the good of public service.

Last edited:
The Duchess of Kent is a teacher isn't she? I thought I heard some where she taught music or such. Charles has his little organic farming business. The men like Harry and William have military careers. .

Last edited by a moderator:

I guess checking the post each day and decide what to do with it will be time consuming enough in the weeks after the wedding. Close to a billion people will have seen her wed and quite some of them will write with requests, offers, greetings etc...

The Duchess of Kent is a teacher isn't she? I thought I heard some where she taught music or such. Charles has his little organic farming business. The men like Harry and William have military careers. .

The Duchess of Kent has worked at Wansbeck Primary school as a music teacher but I believe the terms of her employment and or charity, have not been made public, thus the question of her services being payed are unknown. It's possible she's payed for her time and skills but naturally, I can not say as I'm not privy to her contractual agreement, if there is one.

William and Harry's military careers are considered public service and are historically linked to the monarchy in any case.

Charles' organic farming enterprise reflects his passion and involvement in advocating sustainable living. Farming I do believe is not likely to cause any real issues that would compromise the institution. The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh themselves are involved with the marketing and farming of goods from various royal estates. Such revenue is then put back into the maintenance of property, the wages of involved staff and the payment of production, labelling and advertising services.

The above mentioned pursuits are, I do believe, considerably different to the undertakings previously observed by the Earl and Countess of Wessex and are directly involved with public service and the advertising of the royal brand in a tourism associated capacity.

The Windsors are afterall a very large tourism 'pawn' for the UK.

Evidently those mentioned above are interested in what they are doing, but Edward and Sophie's businesses were not for the greater benefit of anyone other than themselves. That and their corporate colleagues at the time. They were personal enterprises which reflected their interests outside the monarchy and without it really needing to be said, did not correspond at all well in any manner or form with who they infact are and what's expected of them.

Last edited:
As "interesting" and a bit disheartening this thread was to read, this story is a joke to mark the weekend's Purim festival. Check out www.thejc.com/node/46723

I guess since the source was a Jewish magazine, we should have guessed.

The feast of Purim, a more minor Jewish holiday. Found in the Book of Esther in the old testament, it celebrates when Esther and her cousin Mordecai saved the Jews of the Persian empire from slaughter. Today it is celebrated on the 14th or 15th of the month, and along with giving gifts and donations, is celebrated with masquerades and often jokes. Plays or stories about anything related to the Jewish culture, which have humor in them, are customary.

I would not necessarily put it like that but I see that the story is not true then.

Some posters got really worked up about it, imo. Just imagine how involved we are in this wedding :D

Honestly though, I don't see this happening. I doubt the article is true.

I find some of the "leaks" seem like attempts to ascertain public reaction by testing the waters. If the leak is highly controvertial, it can be ignored as if the action described was never under consideration but if the leaked news is well received it can then be formally announced.

If I were Catherine, I would have a baby immediately; otherwise the pressure will rapidly become unbearable! (Case in point: Crown Princess Masako of Japan).
Once she produces an heir, the frenzy will die down and then she'll be able to have a (relatively) normal life.

Not saying she will do this; it's what I would do in her place.

:previous: No one of course knows, not even William and Catherine as of yet, but I'd foresee the couple falling pregnant within 18 months of marriage.

It would probably be a good time to consider it (being in Wales).

BUT, I don't wish to be turn this into a conception guessing game so that's all I'll say on the 'matter'.

It was already addressed above, it was a joke by the Jewish community. It is the Jewish festival of Purim this week, and part of the festival is making plays or stories which are humerous, on any Jewish topic,hence a news story about Jewish wedding customs.

That's a relief!

James Hewitt has definitely done some questionable things as it relates to his past relationship with the late Diana, Princess of Wales.

That being said, there are going to be TONS of royal wedding events at bars across the UK as well as the world where the owners are British. Not everyone is doing this of course, but it is not unheard of. The DM is really reaching with this "everyone is cashing in on the royal wedding" bit.

That's true- on another thread there is an article about club owners who are William's friends doing something with Party Pieces decorations for non invited 'hip' peolple (like Sam Branson) so James Hewitt not only person with royal connection/bar celebrating!

Edit- or how about this article?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...role-arms-local-pubs-Royal-wedding-party.html

I doubt this just because CM shouldn't be one to talk to someone about a party celebrating the royal wedding if her company is selling royal wedding party pieces, it's all ok to do - if the brides family's business can sell generic pieces then the local pubs can throw parties, DM reaching deep on this one IMO

It seems like everybody who is a somebody is making the most of this Royal wedding,friends and enemies likewise.

I think James Hewitt is very much afraid of both princes William and Harry!The papers are writing one thing,but the boys haven't forgotten the betrayal of their mother

Royal Guests

I don't know if this has been discussed, but here is the current list of confirmed (and rumoured) foreign royal attending the wedding:

Confirmed:

Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik of Denmark

King Harold and Queen Sonia of Norway

Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden

Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima of the Netherlands

Sheikha Mozah and the Emir of Qatar

King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie of Greece

Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine of Yugoslavia

Confirmed Not Coming:

King Juan Carlos of Spain (never attends foreign weddings)

King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia (will remain in Stockholm for the King's Birthday)

Queen Beatrix (April 30th is Queen's Day)

Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit (Haakon will act a regent while the King is out of the country)

King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa of Qatar

The Emperor and Empress of Japan

Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako of Japan

King of Brunei

Rumoured to be Coming:

Queen Sofia of Spain

Crown Prince Felipe and Crown Princess Letizia of Spain

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark (originally listed as not coming, but some British press have reported they are on the confirmed list)

Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess of Luxembourg

Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde of Belgium

King Michael of Romania

Could you provide official links to say that these people have confirmed or not? The official conformations have been posted in the closed pre- wedding thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom