The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 12:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I dont think she needs to make anything clear except she is a good wife (and eventual mother)and a hard worker, really. Whether she wears blue/the lover's knot/the engagement ring makes the Camilla group hysterical, but no one else.

It has been more the Diana supporters I have seen who are objecting not the Camilla ones.

Old 02-08-2011, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator

I personally think that the media comparisons made between Catherine and Diana are based on frustrated journalists who have limited news and information about Catherine at the moment. Since the engagement, we have seen very little of her and the wedding details are being provided bit by bit. The media would love Catherine to be on show all the time, pushed forward as a fashion horse and some kind of charity goddess, but it simply isn't going to happen in my opinion. She will quietly go about her business and wear her usual lovely simple clothes that she likes for herself and not what she thinks others would like her to wear and she will become involved gradually in various causes. Obviously the comparisons will continue because the media can easily manipulate a coincidence (for instance, to my mind, the blue engagement dress worn by Catherine was more like CP Victoria's engagement dress and was not at all like Diana's suit).

Old 02-08-2011, 05:25 AM
Majesty

Well said. The tabloids need to fill column inches, and Kate/ Diana stories are easy ones to fill pages with!
Old 02-08-2011, 05:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
. . . . . . Whether she wears blue/the lover's knot/the engagement ring makes the Camilla group hysterical, but no one else.
I beg to differ.

The worry is that people will see Kate as a palid shadow of Diana instead of as herself. A young but totally different person. Her own person and not a Diana wannabe.

The Lovers Knot tiara will be inextricably bound up in Diana mythology for more than a few more decades to come and for Kate to wear it any time soon would be a disaster. She needs to establish her own unique persona and for the life of me I cannot see what, if anything, "Camilla" or whatever "group", hysterical or otherwise, you are referring to has to do with that issue.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

You have said it all beautifully. Thank you for saying what I would have liked to say.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:46 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Its a morning wedding so I believe hats. The BRF tends to do the hat thing it was like that for Charles/Diana, Andrew/Sarah and Edward/Sophie's weddings.
Edward and Sophie's wedding was a formal wedding and all wore formal wear except that the Queen Mother wore a hat, which at over 90 at the time was her perogative.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:11 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
You have said it all beautifully. Thank you for saying what I would have liked to say.
I second that!
Old 02-08-2011, 07:16 AM
Royal Highness

Beautifully said Jacknch. I think you are right on about Ms Middleton. I just hope the press gets tired of no information on Catherine and then stops the comparison. And btw I am a Princess Diana fan and I do not compare any other royal with her.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Royal Highness

Guy Pelly planning Prince William's bachelor party : People.com

The planning Prince William's Bach. party
Old 02-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I personally think that the media comparisons made between Catherine and Diana are based on frustrated journalists who have limited news and information about Catherine at the moment...
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Beautifully said Jacknch. I think you are right on about Ms Middleton. I just hope the press gets tired of no information on Catherine and then stops the comparison.
I so agree with both of you. The media aren't getting what they are used to anymore and that leads to things.
IMO it is both the media and some people who are very stubborn and stick with this whole thing - it is tiresome and I do not compare any royal with each other (either).
Old 02-08-2011, 03:46 PM
Serene Highness

Royal marriage rules: The laws that bind William and Kate’s romance - Yahoo! News

Okay, BBC America and Yahoo needs hire
a) a real historian
b) a fact checker
c) a proofreader
d) all the above
Another article, another slew of mistakes. They've corrected the most obvious one: the article originally said Edward III instead of William III wanting the Act of Settlement of 1701 (if you read the oldest comments, someone has called them out for it). They also don't mention that the Royal Marriages Act has slightly different provisions for those under age 25 than those older than 25.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Best Man

wholl be Prince Willisms bestman
Old 02-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Aristocracy

Prince Harry will be William's best man, I believe.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:10 PM
Gentry

I would be surprised if it was anyone but Harry.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

So it wont be Tom PB or James Middleton in your opinion Ive always thought it would be Prince Henry too
Old 02-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan View Post
wholl be Prince Willisms bestman
As close as the two brothers are, I definitely think it will be Harry as the supporter and Pippa as the maid of honor.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Heir Apparent

I believe Harry will definitely be one of William's supporters, but isn't it possible he'll have more than one?
Charles did; so did Edward, I believe.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

I would assume Harry.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Nobility

I hope it's Harry!
Old 02-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I personally think that the media comparisons made between Catherine and Diana are based on frustrated journalists who have limited news and information about Catherine at the moment...
Very well said. Catherine's behaviour during both the courtship and the engagement show she is her own person. Comparisons by the media are an attempt to increase hype and sell newspapers/magazines.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding