Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is really true that the dress is being created within palace walls, then I think the designer's name will be released in advance.
S/he won't have to worry about paparazzi breaking in, rifling through the trash, etc. like the Emanuels did, since the dress won't actually be on the studio premises.

(Also, perhaps the designer will do as the Emanuels did, and create two dresses, in case one is leaked before the wedding).

I remember reading somewhere that Norwegian royals accepted the invitation, but couldn't find the official announcement.

IMHO...the knowledge of the identity of the tailor of Catherine's wedding gown has nothing to do with the unravelling another enigma of the royal wedding. But, as so many have unknowingly done, the subliminal purpose is to attempt to add another thread to the fallacious cord that connects Catherine to Prince William's late mother Diana. The constant reference to her wedding to William's father Prince Charles as the epitome of royal weddings that all should strive to emulate to the minute detail boarders on obsession! Quite frankly the most obvious similarity between them is that they at some point in their lives were engaged to a royal prince. Now how many women in history fit that bill? If comparisons are being made of Catherine to former brides of princes of the BRF Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon is the obvious contender. They say she "stole" Prince Albert's heart and he vowed to marry no other...sound familiar? Once again I articulate the previous IMHO...

On another note Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel officially representing Sweden is an excellent not only PR move but a diplomatic one also...would this be Victoria's first official visit to the UK? Do you think her and Daniel will attend all three events?

On another note Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel officially representing Sweden is an excellent not only PR move but a diplomatic one also...would this be Victoria's first official visit to the UK? Do you think her and Daniel will attend all three events?

I would expect all the gathered royals to attend all 3 events.

Victoria was previously present at the 60th birthday party at Buckingham Palace for the Prince of Wales in November 2008. Her parents were present as well. Not sure if that counts as an official visit!

I'm sorry but.....huh?

Is there a problem? I happen to like that designer's design, and think Kate would look good in it. We obviously have a differing opinion on that, but I don't see what the issue is here.

BTW, is this the first big-time royal event we're going to see Daniel at since he and Victoria's wedding last June? I know everyone thought it would be Albert and Charlene's, but then William and Kate had to go and announce a wedding date before theirs. ;)

Is there a problem? I happen to like that designer's design, and think Kate would look good in it. We obviously have a differing opinion on that, but I don't see what the issue is here.

BTW, is this the first big-time royal event we're going to see Daniel at since he and Victoria's wedding last June? I know everyone thought it would be Albert and Charlene's, but then William and Kate had to go and announce a wedding date before theirs. ;)

I suppose, the wedding of Tatiana Blatnik wasn't nearly as high profile and that was the first event they attended following their wedding.

It'll be nice to see Victoria and Danielle there, how exciting!

No, no problem. I am just surprised. I can't find anything about that dress that is remotely attractive or appropriate for a Royal Wedding, however as you said...it's a difference of opinion. It doesn't look like something Kate would wear based on her conservative dress style.

BTW, is this the first big'-time royal event we're going to see Daniel at since he and Victoria's wedding last June? I know everyone thought it would be Albert and Charlene's, but then William and Kate had to go and announce a wedding date before theirs. ;)

It's going to be wonderful to see them there!

A 21 gun salute for William & Kate

BBC News ( I was surprised to read that this may be the only one - I thought a similar salute might be fired in Hyde Park, but perhaps these are only fired for the queen & Prince of Wales)

I suppose, the wedding of Tatiana Blatnik wasn't nearly as high profile and that was the first event they attended following their wedding.

You're definitely right, this is not the first royal marriage the couple attended, even if more high profile. In fairness the throne of Greece has been abolished, but Nicholas is still the son of a King, and not grandson. And a lot of royals including Prince and Princess Michael of Kent attended. Queen Sofia and possibly Queen Margrethe (It says the family minus Fred so I assume the queen went) were the only heads of state there but still. There were other heirs though like Haakon of Norway. The same question of whether the king/queen or heirs will come to the wedding, are raised by William's as well.

If it is really true that the dress is being created within palace walls, then I think the designer's name will be released in advance.
S/he won't have to worry about paparazzi breaking in, rifling through the trash, etc. like the Emanuels did, since the dress won't actually be on the studio premises.

(Also, perhaps the designer will do as the Emanuels did, and create two dresses, in case one is leaked before the wedding).

It won't stop people from breaking in and stalkingthe designer. He or she will have sketches and plans. They may be in the castle, but people will think there is a chance they are in the studio and break in. Or they will just follow the designer around demanding information from them.

Why should it be released in advance? They have made it clear it won't be. We will know the designer on the wedding day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton will make sure no one can get their hands or eyes on the wedding dress!

A 21 gun salute for William & Kate

BBC News ( I was surprised to read that this may be the only one - I thought a similar salute might be fired in Hyde Park, but perhaps these are only fired for the queen & Prince of Wales)

Wow, nice! I especially want to know more about this part: "
The guns have not fired a salute for more than 100 years. Repairs to the brickwork are to be carried out beforehand by the Royal Engineers, who originally built the fort."

I think it's fantastic that those Royal Engineers are still around to do the repair work, truly amazing. :ROFLMAO:

The guns have not fired a salute for more than 100 years. Repairs to the brickwork are to be carried out beforehand by the Royal Engineers, who originally built the fort."

I think it's fantastic that those Royal Engineers are still around to do the repair work, truly amazing. :ROFLMAO:

Of course, I mean this is the 21st century, people live longer. The forst was constructed in 1756, would only in their late 200's.

Good for them!

I pray William will be given the opportunity to reign. I have every confidence this man will be a wonderful King. A monarch who will undertake every measure to ensure he understands his people, far and wide, and to be actively involved as best he can, yet not compromise his position or the integrity of any indavidual or cause. He has heart and it shows.

He would be a King like no other. I'm sure of it.

And whatever people may say of his parents, they have created a very admirable, charming and genuine young man and both are to be commended on it.

Last edited:
Madame Royale your post made me cry, well said! Ugh I dunno what it is about the lead up to this wedding but I'm so overly emotional. I knew I'd get emotional but never this much guess just watching William grow up everything that happened the history etc really makes this even more so meaningful.

I couldn't have said it better myself, Madame Royale. I think that William and Kate both have the "right stuff." I'm middle-aged, and I hope that I live long enough to see the coronation of King William V and Queen Catherine.:flowers:

Very well said, indeed.

It will be very interesting to watch them work together (as well as individually). They are suited for their roles. This is going to be a very exciting period in British history.

I hope that in the wedding of His Royal Highness Prince William of Wales to Miss Catherine Middleton that invitations to non reigning families be sent it would be very nice to see Royal Families from Europe to convene and see each other as was the wedding of the Prince of Asturias and of Prince Frederik of Denmark when both of them invited all Royal families of Europe both Reigning and non reigning. It would be most pleasant to see His Royal Highness Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia and Her Imperial Highness Grand Duchess Maria of Russia in the event both Pretenders to great and historical royal houses of Hohenzollern (German-Prussian Royal Family) and Romanov (Russian Imperial Family) respectively.

I hope that in the wedding of His Royal Highness Prince William of Wales to Miss Catherine Middleton that invitations to non reigning families be sent it would be very nice to see Royal Families from Europe to convene and see each other as was the wedding of the Prince of Asturias and of Prince Frederik of Denmark when both of them invited all Royal families of Europe both Reigning and non reigning. It would be most pleasant to see His Royal Highness Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia and Her Imperial Highness Grand Duchess Maria of Russia in the event both Pretenders to great and historical royal houses of Hohenzollern (German-Prussian Royal Family) and Romanov (Russian Imperial Family) respectively.

Difference is though that Fred and Felipe were heirs to the throne, state occasions. Will is the heir to the heir. It has already been stated Victoria will represent Sweden, so we can rule out one king and queen right there.

And if one was to invite the titular head of Russsia, is it proper to invite Maria or Prince Nicholas? I know they are both contenders, is Maria the one recognized by the British monarchy?

The Mummies strike back!

Difference is though that Fred and Felipe were heirs to the throne, state occasions. Will is the heir to the heir. It has already been stated Victoria will represent Sweden, so we can rule out one king and queen right there.

And if one was to invite the titular head of Russsia, is it proper to invite Maria or Prince Nicholas? I know they are both contenders, is Maria the one recognized by the British monarchy?

I do believe the Spanish RF recognise Maria Vladimirovna as the rightful claimaint and I do believe, having read some time ago though the source truly escapes me, that Maria has, when in London on two or so occasions, called upon the Queen for tea having been invited to do so. I am not certain, but I'd imagine (?) that the BRF's position is that Maria is the rightful claimant.

The Danes, however, I'm not so sure about. I know Prince Dimirti Romanovich Romanov (younger brother to the claimaint Prince Nicholas Romanovich Romanov) lives in Denmark, is a member of the Order of the Dannerbrog and has often attened both private and official royal functions in Denmark.

I'm not sure as to who the Danes would support on the issue. Maybe it's the Nikolaevichi branch and maybe it's the Vladimirovichi branch. Perhaps someone else may know?

Last edited:
Madam Royale: all this talk about which contender would be supported - i think, the royals live enough in the world to not waste a thought on anything like that anylonger *gg* .. I'm sure there are more pressing thoughts in their minds as well ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom