Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 09:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I'm sorry, but I can't stop laughing!

Originally Posted by Mirabel
Times change, and if only virgins were entitled to a big formal wedding, the wedding industry would go broke in record time!

Times SEEM to change. My mother, who is 81, says nothing has changed, we just talk about it now.

C'mon, we love Kate and Wills. We love our children and friends and the children of our friends. We talk about all those folks when something silly/stupid happens; why can't we have a belly laugh at the expense of Kate and Wills? I think it is hilarious.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:16 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
why can't we have a belly laugh at the expense of Kate and Wills? I think it is hilarious.
It is hilarious...nevertheless it is rude...why release such a product three months before their nuptials instead of during Catherine and William's lengthy courtship? I'm sure a just as profitable although less offensive, opportunity was in existence.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

I didn't want to post this, but I did inbox (PM) it to a few people I thought might find it a whoot..You were one of them..
Old 01-31-2011, 11:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Mother of the bride
Wedding fever
Old 01-31-2011, 11:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock221B View Post
It is hilarious...nevertheless it is rude...why release such a product three months before their nuptials instead of during Catherine and William's lengthy courtship? I'm sure a just as profitable although less offensive, opportunity was in existence.
Actually, I don't even think it is offensive. What is offensive is the pseudo-outrage the product is causing.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:54 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
HELLO! exclusive: Historic London tailor chosen to fashion a uniform fit for a Prince
Prince William will wear a military uniform created by Gieves & Hawkes for the royal wedding - hellomagazine.com
Old 01-31-2011, 12:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Like father, like son: Prince William to wear military uniform for Royal wedding | Mail Online
Old 01-31-2011, 01:04 PM
Aristocracy

I like the Navy uniform on the left. It reminds me of Prince Phillip.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Id perfer he wear his HC Uniform with Orders
Old 01-31-2011, 02:25 PM
Serene Highness

O.K. The condom thing is plain tasteless. What idiot came up with that idea? People never cease to amaze me.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:45 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle
O.K. The condom thing is plain tasteless. What idiot came up with that idea? People never cease to amaze me.
I agree at the very least take their pictures off the front of the package
Old 01-31-2011, 02:52 PM
Courtier

I think he looks the most handsome in his Navy uniform, but since he's currently working as an RAF officer, wouldn't it be inappropriate to wear anything but his RAF uniform?
Old 01-31-2011, 03:12 PM
Aristocracy

No doubt, William looks the most handsom in Royal Navy uniform. I love Navy!
Old 01-31-2011, 04:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
I think he looks the most handsome in his Navy uniform, but since he's currently working as an RAF officer, wouldn't it be inappropriate to wear anything but his RAF uniform?

I agree - anything but his RAF uniform is an insult to those officers and air personnel that he is currently working alongside. If he isn't proud enough of the uniform to get married in it then he shouldn't be in that service.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan View Post
Id perfer he wear his HC Uniform with Orders

Yes!
Besides, if William chooses to wear that one, Harry might do the same.
They would look best in matching uniforms (think of the photographs)!

I don't like the RAF uniform anyway. I bet most RAF officers don't think much of it.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:14 PM
Courtier

With a bespoke uniform, I suppose William could replicate the fancier RAF uniform that George VI was married in. Somehow it never occurred to me that uniforms could be custom made!
Old 01-31-2011, 05:32 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
With a bespoke uniform, I suppose William could replicate the fancier RAF uniform that George VI was married in. Somehow it never occurred to me that uniforms could be custom made!
I'm not overly familiar with the military but I would imagine that whatever uniform he does wear, it would have to be regulation. I think, as someone has mentioned before, the wearing a replicated historical uniform would seem too "costumey" for a royal wedding. After seeing photos of William in his RAF uniform with sash and orders, I think it does look quite dashing and I'm almost willing to bet now that this will be his uniform of choice for the wedding.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:37 PM
Commoner

I expect William will wear the RAF uniform since that is the service is currently in ... & will perhaps remain in for as long as he can continue a 'private' life

that said ... I strongly prefer the Army & Navy uniforms
they look more sophisticated ... more formal ... especially for a wedding

I expect to see the RAF uniform on 29 April
Old 01-31-2011, 05:42 PM
Aristocracy

I'm among the few that prefer the RAF uniform to Navy one then! I think he'll look great whichever unform he wears, he wears them all very well from what I've seen.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate Middleton's bodyguard accused of victimising black policewoman | Mail Online

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding