Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just this once I wish the RF would issue a denial - would they even know who the Osbornes are? I seriously doubt they are invited to the wedding - next thing we know all the Kardashians, Paris Hilton, all the housewifes from all the cities (there must be 50 by now,) Spencer and Heidi, Lindsay Lohan and even Charlie Sheen and the several hundred other reality show publicity wannabes will be claiming invites (and even phonying up replica invitations) which they aren't accepting. These people are such legends in their own minds that they are clueless as to how ridiculous their claims are @ times.
If Sharon Osborne actually shows up at Westminster and is seated in the church for the wedding I'll eat my words, but until then I'm calling her a liar. Or maybe she was making a really bad joke that was taken out of context.

Just this once I wish the RF would issue a denial - would they even know who the Osbornes are? I seriously doubt they are invited to the wedding - next thing we know all the Kardashians, Paris Hilton, all the housewifes from all the cities (there must be 50 by now,) Spencer and Heidi, Lindsay Lohan and even Charlie Sheen and the several hundred other reality show publicity wannabes will be claiming invites (and even phonying up replica invitations) which they aren't accepting. These people are such legends in their own minds that they are clueless as to how ridiculous their claims are @ times.
If Sharon Osborne actually shows up at Westminster and is seated in the church for the wedding I'll eat my words, but until then I'm calling her a liar. Or maybe she was making a really bad joke that was taken out of context.

Both Ossie and Sharon Osbourne are major supporters of The Prince's Trust. Ossie has performed numerous occasions at concerts raising money for the Prince's Trust. Both he and Sharon have attended receptions to thank participants for their work for the Prince's Trust. There are photos of both of them on different occasions with Prince Charles.

Unlike Paris Hilton etc who have no connection to Charles, the Osbournes do. I don't know if they have been invited, but if other supporters of The Prince's Trust get invited it's not that unlikely that the Osbourne's won't. Elton John it seems has got an invitation, although as he points out, he has only met Prince William twice, the first time when he was a child, his connection was with Diana.

Thx for the info Charlotte1 - never mind, then, can you tell I'm not overly enamored w/ Ozzie and clan?

Charlotte1 said:
Both Ossie and Sharon Osbourne are major supporters of The Prince's Trust. Ossie has performed numerous occasions at concerts raising money for the Prince's Trust. Both he and Sharon have attended receptions to thank participants for their work for the Prince's Trust. There are photos of both of them on different occasions with Prince Charles.

Unlike Paris Hilton etc who have no connection to Charles, the Osbournes do. I don't know if they have been invited, but if other supporters of The Prince's Trust get invited it's not that unlikely that the Osbourne's won't. Elton John it seems has got an invitation, although as he points out, he has only met Prince William twice, the first time when he was a child, his connection was with Diana.

Yes thank you for that info. I for one don't think she's lying but who knows.... Thanks for the information :)

I remember Sharon Osborne hosting one of the Golden Jubilee Concerts (Party at the Palace I think) back in 2002. That doesn't mean that she's connected with William, but it is a connection of sorts.

I am septic about the osborne. If sharon and husband are invited, in no way their children are. Their daughter made a very rude comment and said she wont be because she doesnt want, but I'm pretty sure she IS NOT invited. Not her. That's for me a very big lie

I believe they were not invited, but were asked if they would attend if invited.

Celebrity mum and daughter Sharon and Kelly Osbourne have better things to do than sit and ponder what they will be doing on 29 April, reveals E! Online. When asked if they would attend the wedding, Osbourne Snr told reporters:

"I've got to work. Are you crazy?"

Osbourne Jnr chimed in with:

"I don't want to go. I don't know them. Why would you go to someone's wedding you don't know? You'd be wedding crashers."

BBC News - Royal wedding watch: Fake invitations, look-a-likes and obedience

Mia_mae said:
I believe they were not invited, but were asked if they would attend if invited.

Celebrity mum and daughter Sharon and Kelly Osbourne have better things to do than sit and ponder what they will be doing on 29 April, reveals E! Online. When asked if they would attend the wedding, Osbourne Snr told reporters:

"I've got to work. Are you crazy?"

Osbourne Jnr chimed in with:

"I don't want to go. I don't know them. Why would you go to someone's wedding you don't know? You'd be wedding crashers."

BBC News - Royal wedding watch: Fake invitations, look-a-likes and obedience

Ah... This is different then what was on Perez, on that I believe she said they were invited... So..hmmm.... she didn't say she wasn't but now I can't tell, maybe she isn't .....Thank you for more info!

Ah... This is different then what was on Perez, on that I believe she said they were invited... So..hmmm.... she didn't say she wasn't but now I can't tell, maybe she isn't .....Thank you for more info!

You're welcome. But PerezHilton post was a little misleading

Like with the numerous people rumoured/confirmed for the guestlist, I'll believe it when I see it. So many rumours & speculation around everything with this wedding & quite frankly I don't believe anything written in papers etc is anything other than pure speculation unless it's something announced officially from BP/CH or it's the wedding day itself & we can see it all for ourselves. Everything is else is just rumour & speculation in my mind & I take it all with a giant mound of salt :lol:

Still, the Sarah Burton rumor is everywhere!
And I go by the rule of three- if you read something in three separate sources, it's true.

Still, she's denying it and denying it. If it was true, wouldn't she just refuse comment rather than lie?

It's everywhere, in the US? I haven't heard the rumour over here yet. I'll be shocked if it is true. Refusing to comment on something usually means that it is true.

The McQueen rumor started with an article in the Sunday Times and has been circulating ever since. I hope it's true.

I have the Sunday Parade and it has an ad for a Kate Middleton bridal doll, the caption says the dress she is shown in is an artists rendering and the actual dress will be on doll once revealed but... the 'fake' dress is gorgeous! Wish I could get a pic! It's a lace bodice and sleeves tight against body and long skirt with cascading lillies! If the dress looks like this so happy! But they call her Princess Kate (ha we at RF know how wrong that is)

Also is Sarah of McQueen considered a well known designer? Because didn't they say designers not well known...

I saw that advertisement as well Mrs. J!

And I liked the dress, and the flowers...

Hopefully we shall see something similar.

The news just hit Paris as well. But they announced it as it was really her who has been commissionned. They just forgot to say she denies the claim. I really hope it's true. She has a huge, enormous, talent. For example she did the last evening dress Mrs Obama wore (the red and black one). This dress is absolutely faboulous, and I saw a green one (not the same dress) totally fantastic. Cross fingers it will be fantastic news.

If it's true that Sarah will design the dress, it's not a total surprise since Sara Buys also used Burton for her wedding dress and it's possible she gave advice to Kate like every other female around her -- but it's great that Kate would go more high fashion to create a moment.

I have the Sunday Parade and it has an ad for a Kate Middleton bridal doll, the caption says the dress she is shown in is an artists rendering and the actual dress will be on doll once revealed but... the 'fake' dress is gorgeous! Wish I could get a pic! It's a lace bodice and sleeves tight against body and long skirt with cascading lillies! If the dress looks like this so happy! But they call her Princess Kate (ha we at RF know how wrong that is)

Also is Sarah of McQueen considered a well known designer? Because didn't they say designers not well known...

Love the look of the dress, especially the top and sleeves with all the lace. This doll really looks like Ms. Middleton. The tiara and flowers remind me of Diana, Princess of Wales wedding. I hope Catherine goes with a gown like the one on the doll.

It's everywhere, in the US? I haven't heard the rumour over here yet. I'll be shocked if it is true. Refusing to comment on something usually means that it is true.

Indeed, there is a big difference between not confirming something/having no comment & outright lying about something which then can later be shown to have be true (which obviously with the dress we will one day for sure be abe to say so&so designed it).

At the same time I suppose they could argue that they were "lying" to protect themselves, the design etc. So in a sense lying about being involved was a little "white lie" for a greater good (designers work in some peace, less hounded by press etc, design more likely to stay secret, not ruining the surprise)

Meh, I still say I'm not actually believing anything whatsoever until it's officially announced from BP/CH or it's actually the wedding & we can see for ourselves. It's fun to speculate but really that's all it is, speculation, because no-one is actually going to come out & say "oh you caught me, yes it's me, I'm designing the dress!" They'll all deny/have no comment til after the wedding regardless of whether they know they're doing it or not! :lol:

That said for speculation's sake I think a McQueen design (or Sarah Burton specifically in this case) would be a very intriguing, potentially great, choice.

Last edited:
So Sarah Burton designed Camilla's daughter in laws dress? Hmmm..... Both parties are denying (designer and RF) so either the paper of them will look like 'liars' on April 29th.....

Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueen is an expensive exorbitantly priced designer. Agreed that she is highly talented. This maybe true but psychologically it does not sit well. So we wait and watch on the special day. Why does Kate hide the designer?Perhaps it would have better to announce the designer rather than allow the press to go bananas...

I heard that The Situation from Jersey Shore was invited. Maybe Kate like's his abs...:lol:

The news just hit Paris as well. But they announced it as it was really her who has been commissionned. They just forgot to say she denies the claim. I really hope it's true. She has a huge, enormous, talent. For example she did the last evening dress Mrs Obama wore (the red and black one). This dress is absolutely faboulous, and I saw a green one (not the same dress) totally fantastic. Cross fingers it will be fantastic news.

I hope it isn't. I don't care for anything I have seen as examples of her work. The wedding dress is hideous IMO and not something I could see Kate wearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom