Wedding of William and Catherine: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jdcharlie said:
Did she show the invite? I'm skeptical of celebrity claims like this. They're all about free publicity and this is an easy way to get it.

True, but I tend to believe her mainly because why lie about it, she's not getting that much publicity.....I am sure if she's lying in a few days there will be a 'oh I didn't mean that' statement

And perezhilton is actually pretty reliable when it come to celeb stuff and direct quotes....so Sharon may be lying but the site isn't lying that she gave that quote.....

I've tried to access the new site about Royal Wedding ,but I haven't found the guest list there

Lenora said:
I've tried to access the new site about Royal Wedding ,but I haven't found the guest list there

Didn't they say they wouldn't comment of guests invited or confirmed? Oh man, I am getting excited for this day :) it's only a bit more then a month away!!!!!

People mag has an article about Kate and William possibly writing their own vows, which apparently they will not.

Didn't they say they wouldn't comment of guests invited or confirmed? Oh man, I am getting excited for this day :) it's only a bit more then a month away!!!!!

People mag has an article about Kate and William possibly writing their own vows, which apparently they will not.

They indeed said they would not elaborate on who has been invited, so that information will not be found on the Web site.
We will just have to wait and see :).

Empress Merel: You are so right! Victoria Beckham's taste is fantastic and her dresses are wonderful! In wearing her work, Kate can keep her classic ethic and move into a slightly more edgy, yet highly elegant couture realm.

Still, I doubt that "the dress" would be put into Beckham's hands, and if she truly said she is not ready to create a wedding gown, that awareness would make me respect her even more.

And believe me, I was a skeptic when I heard that VB was to become a dress designer. The VB look is modern but classic, and doesn't that say where we see Kate right now? Perhaps VB will be the perfect idiom for Catherine's style evolution.

May I be so rude then to ask which designers you do like? Victoria Beckham's dresses would look good on someone like Kate (and her role) without people going off about how it's not ''appropriate.''

:previous:
I have to agree with you, she makes some lovely structured suits and wonderful evening gowns and Kate's slim figure would be perfect for them....:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Which designers I like doesn't have a lot to do with this thread. :)
I'm sure less "celebrity" people design structured suits and dresses that would suit Kate just as well.

Canadian mint marking royal wedding with collector coins - thestar.com

OTTAWA—The Royal Canadian Mint is striking a new series of collector coins commemorating the wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton.

Details of the coins, which will include what the mint describes as an "eye-catching technological feature," will be revealed in the lead-up to the wedding day on April 29 and then released in May.

YES!!!

We have a small, but nice, Coin Collection. Obviously the Olympic Coins from both Calgary and Vancouver make up the majority of it, but we have other important commemorative coins too.

This will be added to it come this May sometime. Thanks for the heads up Humera!! :)

Lumutqueen said:
Which designers I like doesn't have a lot to do with this thread. :)
I'm sure less "celebrity" people design structured suits and dresses that would suit Kate just as well.

I can't see how celebrity or lack there of affects what Ms. Beckham's clothing line looks like. I agree that her clothing would be quite suitable for Catherine, so it makes sense that some of those designs will become part of her wardrobe.

Well, the are getting married Easter Friday so I guess it's possible the second coming of Christ could happen around their wedding. ;)
Not in this lifetime they're not! I think having made their decision to get married they wanted to do it sooner rather than later. However, no royal would ever get married during Lent or, (Heaven Forfend) Easter, which is why they are getting married the following Friday 29th April 2011.

Like most "celebrity" designers, M. Beckham probably just lends her name to a line of clothing. She may approve the designs, but it's all done by someone else, probably in China.

I was only joking about her designing Kate's wedding gown.

I don't think anyone thinks Victoria is sitting there with a needle and thread, personally hand-stitching every garment. However if she comes up with the designs and then approves them, they're still her designs even if someone else is physically putting them together. So yes in that respect, her personal style and tastes do influence what she designs, and as a tall, slim woman, her clothes would naturally look good on Kate as Kate has a similar build.

I'd love to see her design some other formal dress for Kate to wear after she's married, though.

YES!!!

We have a small, but nice, Coin Collection. Obviously the Olympic Coins from both Calgary and Vancouver make up the majority of it, but we have other important commemorative coins too.

This will be added to it come this May sometime. Thanks for the heads up Humera!! :)

You're welcome. Let's hope they have a better likeness of the couple than the UK coin.:D
The Royal Canadian mint will also issue coins to mark the Queen's diamond jubilee.
You probably know that Canada post will also issue stamps to mark the occasion. I'll definitely try to get my hands on those.

Canada Post to make royal wedding stamps | Canada | News | Toronto Sun

Canada Post has broken a 63-year hiatus with plans to issue stamps marking a royal wedding.

The Crown agency on Friday announced it will issue two special stamps on May 2 to honour the marriage of Prince William and Kate Middleton.

Oh, believe me I know about the stamps. We have a Family Friend who works at our Post Office and she already knows to tell me when they become available. :)

And I hear you about the likeness being better than the UK Coins. Fingers crossed!!

Picture it: Westminster Abbey, elegant gown, diamond tiara, QEII in attendance--

"Today I marry my best friend:)!"

Gag me!

I agree with your comments, and I think that the only thing that would over shadow William and Catherine on their wedding day is if by some miracle Diana rises from the dead to make an appearance, or if the second coming of Christ happens to fall on April 29th - lol.

Picture it: Westminster Abbey, elegant gown, diamond tiara, QEII in attendance--

This thread is cracking me up lately! :ROFLMAO:

Gag me!

Ha!!! (There needs to be a smilie spitting out it's drink and then laughing which is what I nearly just did!) :lol:

I don't think I have ever seen any royal wedding where they do their own vows. Unless you count Diana messing up Charles' names and basically marrying his father! Or Fergie causing a scandal by adding back in the word "obey" ( we should have been tipped off by that one)!

It would be nice if some royal wedding had some personally written vows if they were moving words, not dorky cliches, etc. Don't think it will be William though.... :ermm:

You guys are too funny! :ROFLMAO:

Not in this lifetime they're not! I think having made their decision to get married they wanted to do it sooner rather than later. However, no royal would ever get married during Lent or, (Heaven Forfend) Easter, which is why they are getting married the following Friday 29th April 2011.

Actually the above poster was right, they are being married on Easter Friday. There is Holy week, the week leading up to Easter, starting with Palm Sunday and ending with Holy Saturday. Easter week starts with Easter Sunday, and ends with Easter Saturday. The Friday following Easter may be referred to as either Easter Friday or Bright Friday. While Lent ends at the Easter vigil, Easter itself does go for another week. This week is observed by the catholic church and several protestant churches, including the Anglican church.

Lent is the time of reflection and giving up most luxuries. So yes it would seem strange if a royal couple chose to marry during it.

True, but I tend to believe her mainly because why lie about it, she's not getting that much publicity.....I am sure if she's lying in a few days there will be a 'oh I didn't mean that' statement

And perezhilton is actually pretty reliable when it come to celeb stuff and direct quotes....so Sharon may be lying but the site isn't lying that she gave that quote.....

I don't think Perez is lying. I don't know if Sharon is either, it's just suspicious and I wouldn't put it past her/the Osbourne family. Thus far, the only celebrities invited to the wedding have had some connection with the couple or their family, and they clearly don't, so it's weird. (Fwiw, Sharon is on a daily talk show in the US and Perez, for one, has millions of visitors each day, so there is definitely publicity there.)

I find it a bit ironic that two of the few top level/well-known British designers that have good designs for Kate are "celebrity" designers - Beckham and Stella McCartney. Both make well-tailored, slim-fitting, unfussy outfits. Maybe we should get used to it. ;)

FYI: Victoria Beckham is in a completely different league than are Jacqueline Smith, J Lo, Madonna, Tiger Woods and other celebs who have 'lent' their names to clothing lines made by large manufacturers -- and the celebs may make a trip or two to 'approve' designs. Victoria's designs are created in a couture shop where she alone is responsible for the designs and fabric selections. From what I have been told, she works with a cutter to create the patterns for her designs by laying fabric on a mannequin. Not sure if she sketches, but some of the greatest fashion designers did not/do not sketch but work with cutters and pattern makers, using the mannequin technique. She has had Roland Mouret as a mentor, but most wearers of couture regard her extremely well. And I agree, Stella McCartney is a good example of a real designer who is also a celebrity.

BTW, I was never interested in VB or her brand of celebrity until I started seeing her couture work in Los Angeles a couple of years ago. It is really good and I give her a great deal of credit. And while her celebrity undoubtedly opened doors for her, she has real talent. And her signature look is understated elegance and therefore our about-to-be Princess would look fabulous in VB's designs.

FYI: Victoria Beckham is in a completely different league than are Jacqueline Smith, J Lo, Madonna, Tiger Woods and other celebs who have 'lent' their names to clothing lines made by large manufacturers -- and the celebs may make a trip or two to 'approve' designs. Victoria's designs are created in a couture shop where she alone is responsible for the designs and fabric selections. From what I have been told, she works with a cutter to create the patterns for her designs by laying fabric on a mannequin. Not sure if she sketches, but some of the greatest fashion designers did not/do not sketch but work with cutters and pattern makers, using the mannequin technique. She has had Roland Mouret as a mentor, but most wearers of couture regard her extremely well. And I agree, Stella McCartney is a good example of a real designer who is also a celebrity.

BTW, I was never interested in VB or her brand of celebrity until I started seeing her couture work in Los Angeles a couple of years ago. It is really good and I give her a great deal of credit. And while her celebrity undoubtedly opened doors for her, she has real talent. And her signature look is understated elegance and therefore our about-to-be Princess would look fabulous in VB's designs.

You, you're right, she's very involved in the design process. She has said that she does not personally do the sketches, but is involved just about every other aspect, as you detailed. She's very hands-on and it's her primary job, not just something that she dabbles in. I personally like her designs quite a bit and can see why they have become popular, and why Kate has asked to see them.

Let's get back on topic....Kate and William and not Victoria Beckham and whether or not she is a true designer.

jdcharlie said:
I don't think Perez is lying. I don't know if Sharon is either, it's just suspicious and I wouldn't put it past her/the Osbourne family. Thus far, the only celebrities invited to the wedding have had some connection with the couple or their family, and they clearly don't, so it's weird. (Fwiw, Sharon is on a daily talk show in the US and Perez, for one, has millions of visitors each day, so there is definitely publicity there. ;)

I guess we will never know unless she shows invite.... I haven't seen any other publications pick up the story and she hasn't mentioned it on her show (yet) .... Oh well if she's not going then blah to her and IDC :) but if they are just inviting famous British celebs I hope they invited Paul McCartney!

:previous: If they are inviting British celebs, I would imagine that like David Beckham, one would be able to show some sort of personal and/or working relationship.

Does William (or Kate) have one with Sharon Osbourne or Paul McCartney?
If not, I wouldn't bet on seeing them on the 29th.

I think the wedding guests will be a sea of relatives, friends and people who have either worked or interacted with Kate and Wililam. Like the people from Kate's village.

Zonk said:
:previous: If they are inviting British celebs, I would imagine that like David Beckham, one would be able to show some sort of personal and/or working relationship.

Does William (or Kate) have one with Sharon Osbourne or Paul McCartney?
If not, I wouldn't bet on seeing them on the 29th.

I think the wedding guests will be a sea of relatives, friends and people who have either worked or interacted with Kate and Wililam. Like the people from Kate's village.

According to Sharon she doesn't know Kate or William and thus she was invited but not attending.... As for Sir Paul who knows, that was just my wish ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom