The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 05:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Three designers share their visions for royal wedding gown - USATODAY.com

Here's an article from USA Today on three designers take on what kind of dress Kate will wear for the wedding.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:36 PM
Serene Highness

BBC News - Royal wedding: William and Kate start planning

If I understand correctly, just above the 'Excitement and anticipation' header, it says that The DoC has said that it will be a "big wedding".

Old 11-17-2010, 05:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
BBC News - Royal wedding: William and Kate start planning

If I understand correctly, just above the 'Excitement and anticipation' header, it says that The DoC has said that it will be a "big wedding".
Well.... that still might be relative! Even private royal weddings are "BIG" by comparison to an average wedding. Peter and Autumn Philips had 300 guests- not small by any means.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Well you could count HM as having two separate residences.
Where did Charles live before Clarence House?
Indeed I do count HM separately!

Charles had an apartment at St. James' Palace before Clarence House, as Anne still does, I believe. His apartment may have been turned into offices -- at least that sounds familiar.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:20 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Royal Engagement: Prince William And Kate Middleton To Start Planning Wedding With Royal Advisors | UK News | Sky News
Old 11-17-2010, 06:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federigo View Post
Any speculation on tiaras? Prince William might like to see her wear the Spencer tiara or the Cambridge lover's knot. .
Will people please realise that Katherine WILL NOT wear the Spencer tiara! It belongs to Williams uncle and will, no doubt, be worn in time by his daughters and by any future wives he picks up in the mean time.
Catherine Middleton is marrying into the House of Windsor who have more tiara's than we can imagine. They are not going to even consider something from Diana's family.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post

Here's an article from USA Today on three designers take on what kind of dress Kate will wear for the wedding.
I like the 2nd (Pamela Rolland) and 3rd (Reem Acra) choices.
I think she'll choose something very simple.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Now the details: William, Kate plan royal wedding - Yahoo! News

Now the details: William, Kate plan royal wedding
Old 11-17-2010, 07:01 PM
Nobility

In reading through the Royal Weddings section, there is a thread called "Who's the designer". It's pretty interesting- only 2 royal brides have not chosen British designers. They were Wallis Simpson (who married in Paris) and Paola, wife of Lord Nicholas Windsor (they married in Rome). I think, all Royal weddings that have been on British soil, have had a British designed wedding dress.

I think if the dress is made by a Brazilian designer who lives and works in London it would be considered "British designed", yes?
Old 11-17-2010, 07:06 PM
Heir Apparent

It will not be a state occasion. Those are the words I was looking for when speaking of Autumn and Peter's wedding. I said their wedding wasn't royal, what I meant was it was not a state wedding, soooooo no day off. sigh.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
It will not be a state occasion. Those are the words I was looking for when speaking of Autumn and Peter's wedding. I said their wedding wasn't royal, what I meant was it was not a state wedding, soooooo no day off. sigh.
Well if memory serves me correct, both Edward and Charles's 2nd marriage was not a state occasion. I don't think Andrew's was as well. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:15 PM
Commoner

I seriously doubt she will wear or WANT to where the Spencer Tiara, as absolutely beautiful as it is.

Diana is represented in the ring, I think the BRF would be offended if she wanted to remind people more of the "Wales' " marriage. I seriously doubt she would demonstrate such a lack the judgement, plus I am certain she wants to forge her own identity and the Wedding and going away outfit will be a large step in this direction.

We already have an idea of her style, it is unlikely to change once married. She may cover the shoulders more and no more plunging necklines (sparkly black issa dress years ago). She will look great. She is a pretty girl with a great figure and pretty subdued tastes for the most part. I think she will be a classic lovely bride.

I am hoping for the Vladimir Tiara, but as HMQ loves and uses that often, I doubt she is would be willing to let Kate become the figure it is identified with.

Aparently tiaras are often retired for a while and skip generations, so maybe HM, will lend her a rarely seen one. A scroll or floral would soften up the lines of her body and usual straight lines of her dress.

Not a fan of those fringe tiaras although spectacular pieces of work...too "sharp", don't like the swedish button/rosette tiaras much either. Oh well, what's a girl to do????
Old 11-17-2010, 07:19 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelo View Post

I think if the dress is made by a Brazilian designer who lives and works in London it would be considered "British designed", yes?
That may speak volumes in this multicultural era! I would hope Issa could be considered, if only for that reason.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by berengere View Post
That may speak volumes in this multicultural era! I would hope Issa could be considered, if only for that reason.
I think Issa would be considered but I get the feeling she might go for a British designer. I think it'll a very simple silhouette close the the body with a long train. Fashion-wise she's not flashy or cutting edge but I hope she kicks it up a notch...at least for this one day when all eyes will be on her.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post

I like Christian Siriano's design, personally. I loved him on Project Runway and was really happy to see him become an honest-to-God established designer, unlike the previous winners and subsequent ones to his season.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 11-17-2010, 08:01 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSY View Post
I think Issa would be considered but I get the feeling she might go for a British designer. I think it'll a very simple silhouette close the the body with a long train. Fashion-wise she's not flashy or cutting edge but I hope she kicks it up a notch...at least for this one day when all eyes will be on her.

That last phrase is putting it mildly, lol!!!!

I think its a great occasion to feature a "British" designer as well.
I just think Issa has been good to and for her. Kate certainly paid her back by wearing her for the engagement announcement but a sense a continued association with Brits to mix it up a bit.

I hope hope she kicks it up a huge notch too and does something else with her hair!!! She is beautiful with it down but I think she should do something really special for the wedding.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:38 PM
Nobility

For those people who say Issa is a Brazilian designer, and then say they would have liked Catherine Walker, Catherine Walker was actually French.

I don't think Pcs Beatrice & Euguenie will be in the bridal group; they don't appear close to Kate. I remember they were expected to be in the Wessex wedding but weren't and Edward & Sophie had four unknown (to the public) children. They were cute though, in their musketeer outfits.

I think the bridesmaids will be Pippa and Zara. I hope the flowergirl will be Lady Louise.

I don't know why people keep mentioning the little Taylor girls; I haven't even seen a photo of Kate with Lady Helen and I can't imagine Helen being close to William either.

Harry as main supporter is a given, and probably Peter Phillips as a 2nd supporter. That might make up for William missing Peter's wedding.

as for the Wedding Tiara; I have a dream... the Fife Tiara could be borrowed for the occasion....!!!!!
Old 11-17-2010, 08:41 PM

Another reason why I think Kate should choose a British born designer is to branch out with other designers. She wears too much Issa, and as her role as a senior royal is to promote British fashion. If she were to wear Issa on her wedding day, Kate would seem like a one-designer person and would seem boring.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I think it'll a very simple silhouette close the the body with a long train. Fashion-wise she's not flashy or cutting edge but I hope she kicks it up a notch...at least for this one day when all eyes will be on her.
I remember Fergie really stepped up to the mark with her wedding dress; i thought it was a perfect 80s wedding dress for her.

My point is that Kate might surprise us all, but I suspect she will wear a lovely closefitting dress with sleeves and a short train.

My favourite Royal wedding dress was Lady Davina's.

i think they'll get married in St George's Chapel; it won't be a big affair like Crown Princess Victoria's (unfortunately); the British, for all their pomp and circumstance, don't do flashy weddings with all the Royalty wearing tiaras and orders etc. Plus there seems to be a big groundswell (already) about taxpayers not willing to countenance a huge wedding like Charles and Diana's.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieCat View Post
I remember Fergie really stepped up to the mark with her wedding dress; i thought it was a perfect 80s wedding dress for her.
I loved Sarah's wedding dress. I think it was by far the nicest wedding dress of any of the royal brides within my life time (followed by Anne's and then Sophies - as for Diana's well the less said about that the better IMO).

Quote:
i think they'll get married in St George's Chapel; it won't be a big affair like Crown Princess Victoria's (unfortunately); the British, for all their pomp and circumstance, don't do flashy weddings with all the Royalty wearing tiaras and orders etc. Plus there seems to be a big groundswell (already) about taxpayers not willing to countenance a huge wedding like Charles and Diana's.

As they have already said the wedding will be in London St George's is out as it isn't in London but is at Windsor.

I do think that the Guards Chapel or the Chapel Royal though are contenders for a low key ceremony that won't have the costs associated with it that Westminster or St Paul's will have. In addition the Chapel Royal doesn't really have the said memories that the others would have.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding