The Reported Breakup - April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they've agreed to split for a while. I think they'll both date others. Maybe or maybe not they'll get back together. I think William is under alot of pressure. She should have pursued a career and other interests to give herself and William some breathing room.

Just two very well suited people who met too early in life. I suspect we have not yet seen the last of Ms. Middleton and William together. Until then, I'm content to see him and her date others and get a little more real life under their belts.

The pressure of an engagement announcement was probably a lot for the both of them to take. They are still relatively young and have quite a bit to figure out yet... Sometimes couples just grow apart too...with different goals. Personally, I don't see William marrying before he is 30. Sad all the same...

Jo of Palatine said:
If any of the information about why "ladies-man" William split off with Catherine is true, he doesn't deserve a nice girl like her. Being Royal is one thing, being no gentleman another.

Absolutely. And if it is his friends who are leaking to the press and he's not asking them to stop, he is the one who doesn't deserve her.

I wonder now how long it will take till Earl Percy ditches Pippa Middleton due to her very common background....:mad:

William and Kate are most definetly not to young to get married. I know plenty of people who are married in their 20's and are just fine. In fact studies show that couples who marry in mid twenties, are more likely to make the marriage last. Because they are 1. Not young teens.
2. not set in their ways about living independantly.

I think the issue is that William is Prince of Wales, and eventually he probably got a bit bored in his relationship. Which is normal. He probably wants to see what is out there. He's not ready to commit his life.

Honestly, this happens a lot in relationships. There's a point where you commit and split, and honestly I think they were both at the point.

However, a lot of times what can happen as well is that said person spends a week or two without that other person, and they come running back to their old girlfriend/boyfriend....If Kate is really that special to William, he'll go running back.

And I think that while Kate may be a nice beautiful well educated common sense type of girl. There are plenty of girls on this planet with those qualities.

Last edited:
WILLS' £11K BOOZE BINGE

EXCLUSIVE WILLS & KATE 2002-2007: THE FAIRYTALE'S OVER

PRINCE William racked up a staggering £11,000 bar bill yesterday as he drowned his sorrows after splitting with Kate Middleton.
William, aware that news of their separation was about to break, partied until the early hours at the trendy Mahiki club in West London.​

Sunday Mirror - News - Sunday - WILLS' £11K BOOZE BINGE

those Treasure Chest Cocktails at the Mahiki Club are made for a serving of six, or eight.
I read about them on a review site about London clubs. They contain a whole bottle of the most pricey champagne among some other liquors. They would knock me on my you-know-what, lucky for me I am not "cool" enough to go to Mahiki because that would not be pretty! :lol:

They are expensive as all heck because of that champagne, and one of those means being pretty much set for the night!

Well my concern at the lack of class in the breakup has more to do with Wills and Kate's reaction or lack of reaction to the leaked rumours from friends.

For we apparently have pictures of Wills going out drinking the night after he breaks up with Kate, then Kate is seen publically driving off with her parents in a car. Both of these actions could be understandable in the aftermath of a breakup but with the rumours going around, they're going to attract more attention.

Manipulating the press as a long term strategy is not plausible or desirable but I think either Wills or Kate could have responded to the damaging leaks by asking someone else to put out a leak to counteract the damaging rumours. Something as simple as saying that the breakup was mutual and very difficult for both of them would have explained both Wills' and Kate's reactions rather than letting the rumours of Wills dumping Kate or Kate dumping Wills stand without a counter story.

Charles has learned the hard way the perils is not responding to some rumours. I think not responding works 90% of the time but for 10% of the time, not responding makes things worse.

Well, I agree that William going out and boozing was not the smartest thing to do. I disagree about the Kate aspect. What was she supposed to do...sit in the house all weekend? Life goes on.

bekalc said:
And I think that while Kate may be a nice beautiful well educated common sense type of girl. There are plenty of girls on this planet with those qualities.

But so difficult to find them when you're a future king. After all, there are as much pretty good actresses around...

Blair: Leave William and Kate alone

Tony Blair has urged people to let Prince William and Kate Middleton get on with their lives, claiming most of the coverage about their shock break-up would be "nonsense".
The Prime Minister called for the pair to be left alone even as speculation continued to grow about why the lengthy romance so many had expected to continue into marriage was over.
Various theories about the split have already been proposed and include Kate's background, William's army career, the Royal Family and the pressure of intense media attention.

Blair: Leave William and Kate alone | UK Latest | Guardian Unlimited

Zonk, you know, if they really broke up after 4 years of being together, I don't know too many people who would judge William too hard for going out and getting drunk that night. I know it sounds like a contradiction of a classy breakup but these people are human and ending a four year relationship where everyone around you is expecting marriage is hard on the rest of us much less the royals.

But these leaked rumours about Wills dumping Kate really bother me. Its none of our business what happened and they don't serve Wills or Kate in the long run.

It would have been easy enough to counteract against these rumours and still make Kate's exit and Will's night at the bars understandable but neither one of them seems inclined to do it.

It appears that if they don't care how each other are being portrayed in the press that their breakup may indeed be acrimonious and that is what saddens me.

I hope however that I am wrong.

They are young, healthy and very charming. Let them breath a little, like you said ysbel they are human. Who could tell what would have been our behaviour if we were followed night and day.

ysbel said:
Zonk, you know, if they really broke up after 4 years of being together, I don't know too many people who would judge William too hard for going out and getting drunk that night. I know it sounds like a contradiction of a classy breakup but these people are human and ending a four year relationship where everyone around you is expecting marriage is hard on the rest of us much less the royals.

But these leaked rumours about Wills dumping Kate really bother me. Its none of our business what happened and they don't serve Wills or Kate in the long run.

It would have been easy enough to counteract against these rumours and still make Kate's exit and Will's night at the bars understandable but neither one of them seems inclined to do it.

It appears that if they don't care how each other are being portrayed in the press that their breakup may indeed be acrimonious and that is what saddens me.

I hope however that I am wrong.

Maybe William and Kate don't care what the press/people think of their breakup. And all honestly, I think that both of their reactions is typically reactions from guys and girls. Girl going home crying on someone's shoulder whether it be mom or another girl friend.

Guy going out with his friends and getting plastered. As for them being friends, my experience is that it takes awhile.

ysbel said:
Well I think its fair to say that SOMETHING happened although its hard to tell exactly what.

Whatever happened, I'm somewhat disappointed in how its unfolding. If they wanted a breakup, then they could have been more discreet about it and given themselves a lot more dignity than they're getting now.

They had an excellent chance to just wait until Wills got deployed and then Kate could have gone on with her new life.

If they're not breaking up, they're doing little to dispel the rumours that they are.

If they're doing this to get the press off of Kate's back, it looks like a trick that could backfire.

No, I am not impressed with how this is being handled.

IAWTC - I haven't even thought about this. After reading your comments i'm thinking that the breakup may not have been amiacable or that the split was sudden? I don't know to be honest, but from a PR point of view it's not really been handled that well. Like you said it has just led to more speculation, not less. Now Kate will be chased for days if not weeks by paps and she still has a job to go to.

Well I may have been mistaken in assuming that they don't care what the press say about each other. The BBC showed an interview with Dickie Arbiter, the former Royal Press secretary who definitely appears to be putting out what Clarence House wants to be shown and that is that the media pressure and the fact that the two have grown apart were the cause of the split and not that one dumped the other.

BBC News Player - Pressures of dating a royal

I must say if this is right, I am impressed by Charles looking after his son and also looking after Kate a bit. He seems very supportive of his sons and their significant others and seems to look after them a bit.

This is exactly what the boys need.

Thanx for the link Ysbel - yes it looks like they maybe doing the PR thing - sort of. Interesting interview.

Last edited:
Looks like it s an adult decision, despite William's binge.
The BBC link is indeed a very interesting link.

I wish that Kate and William will have continued happiness wiht who ever they choose to marry in the future.

ysbel said:
The BBC showed an interview with Dickie Arbiter, the former Royal Press secretary who definitely appears to be putting out what Clarence House wants to be shown and that is that the media pressure and the fact that the two have grown apart were the cause of the split and not that one dumped the other.
Sorry ysbel, There is no way on this earth that I see Dickie Arbiter speaking for Clarence House. He was useless when he was a press secretary and he has gone further downhill ever since. :rolleyes:

Well, I do agree with at least once thing Arbiter had to say. I think if the breakup is real, then Middleton will remain in the charmed circles because she has befriended quite a few of Prince William's oldest friends. I can see her marrying a James Meade sort of guy: wealthy, heir, longtime and loyal and eminently discreet Highgrove Set.

I always did kind of hope for a shot for Jecca. She always looked cool to me. I don't know why exactly. She just looks so breezy and confident. There must be something in the air with those wealthy elites from Africa....:lol:

princess olga said:
starting to change my mind on this one: Kate's better off without Wills and his snobbish friends! Britain is still the class-concious society it always was, if this article is any indication!

'Pushy' mother Carole is left devastated | the Daily Mail
It speaks more about the author than William, Catherine, her mother or any of their friends! :rolleyes:

CasiraghiTrio said:
I always did kind of hope for a shot for Jecca. She always looked cool to me. I don't know why exactly. She just looks so breezy and confident. There must be something in the air with those wealthy elites from Africa....:lol:
Agree - always thought there's something about Jecca - she just seems (I m saying, seems) a more interesting personality somehow than Kate - but then, what do I know? :lol:

Poor Kate

If all this is true, she did the usual mistake of royal girlfriends, she has not been patient...
William is young, it was no reason for him to hurry on marriage now, he has a militar carrier.
Some years ago, Isabel Sartorius could not overcome the paparazzis pression and put an ultimatum to Prince Felipe, we know the end of the story...

Interersting point, 30 years (or more) ago, William's father went on the army he did not propose to Camilla, and he loose her, but finally they are together....
Who knows, life is strange.

Î'm very sorry for Kate, she was nice, and she should be devastated now. I imagine tomorrow morning, when she steps at to go on her job....

As regards Katies origins, she is not worst than Letizia, Mary, Mette Maritt and Maxima. And they are doing wonderfull CrownPrincesses now

Skydragon said:
It speaks more about the author than William, Catherine, her mother or any of their friends! :rolleyes:
It does show the author is an intolerable snob. :mad: I guess the Middletons commited such a crime, imagine, the darn "social climbers", getting much too big for their "station"! Why can't an english upper-middle girl be a good princess and so what that her parents were working people before they stuck gold as entrepreneurs? When Catherine first came on the scene, the press called it "work ethic" but now this Daily Mail reporters derides the "stewardess" background, even going so far as to say that Prince William's friends teased Catherine about "pushing the cart" or something! :mad: I hope the prince is not truly associating with such a shallow bunch!
That article is mean and offensive for so many reasons.

Skydragon said:
Why is that? If true that these Eton friends of William's always comment to Kate and joke about <what her parents did/do for a living>, that's, as some of the commenters to the article point out, incredibly snobbish, childish and rude.
If true, it says something about William too. :ermm:

CasiraghiTrio said:
It does show the author is an intolerable snob. :mad: I guess the Middletons commited such a crime, imagine, the darn "social climbers", getting much too big for their "station"! Why can't an english upper-middle girl be a good princess and so what that her parents were working people before they stuck gold as entrepreneurs? When Catherine first came on the scene, the press called it "work ethic" but now this Daily Mail reporters derides the "stewardess" background, even going so far as to say that Prince William's friends teased Catherine about "pushing the cart" or something! :mad: I hope the prince is not truly associating with such a shallow bunch!
That article is mean and offensive for so many reasons.

It just shows how small the "friends" of Prince William is :bang: they are just pitiful his friends and i hope that he´s starting to wake up of the dream he is in..William if you want to earn monye than get out an do the stuff your mother did.

If William in the future always blames possible breakups on the press he´ll never ever find a suitable wife!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom