The Reported Breakup - April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very sad if true Id thought they would be together Always......o well I Wish them both All The Blessings in the World

Fourth cousins creepy CasiraghiTrio? We've had Royals marry first and second cousins for years. If Kate is out of the picture then it's obvious that a commoner of that age can't take the pressure and a Royal girl is required. Theodora is perfect and at least we know she'll be able to handle the pressure.

I was really shocked to hear this. I personally think that the press was becoming too much. I think Kate would have married William now but he wasn't ready. They should release a statement at least. Kate appears to have been abandoned

BeatrixFan said:
Fourth cousins creepy CasiraghiTrio? We've had Royals marry first and second cousins for years. If Kate is out of the picture then it's obvious that a commoner of that age can't take the pressure and a Royal girl is required. Theodora is perfect and at least we know she'll be able to handle the pressure.

But she's his cousin BeatrixFan, you don't find it atleast a little gross. But then agian her majesty and prince phillip are also distant cousins and also Charles and Diana.

I never felt 100% that Kate and William would be together forever, William is far too young to be getting married. I would like him to follow the examples of Frederik, Willem-Alexander, Felipe etc and live a little, have their army/navy careers and then settle down.

I must say that when William and Kate attended the races last month it was the first time I saw Kate in a Royal role.

I hated the build up of Kate, it was unfair, the press hardly made her a Princess but the future Queen, she was too young to think so far ahead. Just like Koo Stark si always known as 'Andrews Ex', I thought that would be unfair for Kate to be 'Willams Ex'.

This could be a blip, many relationships have them but I just hope Kate can go on and live a good, happy life and William the same thing.

Exactly. The Queen and Prince Philip are cousins. So are Charles and Camilla. So are alot of European Royals. It's not gross, it's perfectly normal and natural and we'll be better for it.

branchg said:
Not a surprise. He is too young to make such a huge commitment and she really was not appropriate to bear heirs and become a future Queen.

He's too young to get married and needs to develop more life experience and character. He's likely to be King in the next 20 years and his marriage is a huge commitment for anyone.

She's not appropriate to bear heirs and become a future queen? Really? What's wrong with her? I don't care whether they marry or not, but I always find it incredible when someone makes a comment like this. I don't see anything wrong with this young woman.

branchg said:
she really was not appropriate to bear heirs and become a future Queen.

just curious as to why you would think this. not that i disagree but could you share your thoughts on this?

marrying a distant cousin isn't uncommon in the closely knit circles of royalty/aristocracy(sp?).

Marrying a cousin may not be uncommon but I do think its unrealistic for Prince William especially in this day and age. I say more power to him in whomever he choses and hopefully he does not feel he needs to succumb to the pressures of the public.

Arobers1 said:
Marrying a cousin may not be uncommon but I do think its unrealistic for Prince William especially in this day and age. I say more power to him in whomever he choses and hopefully he does not feel he needs to succumb to the pressures of the public.

absolutely, 100% agree with you!:)

Is it possible that this is simply a ruse to get the media away from Kate Middleton? I guess, time will tell whether they will get back together again.

-Ayvee

Duchess said:
just curious as to why you would think this. not that i disagree but could you share your thoughts on this?

As romantic as many people seem to be, the fact is marrying a commoner has many potential pitfalls for William. He is a future King with a lifetime of duty ahead of him. His wife will have to bear heirs, carry out a heavy commitment of public duties and royal obligations, and be comfortable with not having her husband around much. A marriage to someone in William's position is essentially a sacrifice for the country.

Kate was an independent, well-educated woman with an active career. She is not a member of the aristocracy and does not understand the norms and unspoken ways of the monarchy. She is not accustomed to doing her duty without question. These are all qualities that are necessary to be a successful consort.

Bloodlines do matter when marrying a future King. No matter how much people say he can marry a commoner, the royal line must continue.

I'm still holding out that this is not true. If it is, it's really sad. :(

When I first read the news on the Daily Mail I wasn't sure whether or not to believe it untill I saw that all the major news outlets were covering it. Althought I have always thought that Prince William wouldn't marry his first serious girfriend, I am completely shocked by their breakup. It just goes to show that all the media speculation should be taken with a grain of salt.

branchg said:
As romantic as many people seem to be, the fact is marrying a commoner has many potential pitfalls for William. He is a future King with a lifetime of duty ahead of him. His wife will have to bear heirs, carry out a heavy commitment of public duties and royal obligations, and be comfortable with not having her husband around much. A marriage to someone in William's position is essentially a sacrifice for the country.

Kate was an independent, well-educated woman with an active career. She is not a member of the aristocracy and does not understand the norms and unspoken ways of the monarchy. She is not accustomed to doing her duty without question. These are all qualities that are necessary to be a successful consort.

Bloodlines do matter when marrying a future King. No matter how much people say he can marry a commoner, the royal line must continue.

I agree with you. There is more to it than her being just a good, educated girl. Being a monarchy is not easily learned, its almost as if one has to be brought up that way to understand and know how to deal with the life that comes with it.

I don't think this is true at all. The Sun just looks to sell papers and for them, anything goes. I really don't belive them. And as someone already mentioned all the other newspapers and websites are quoting the Sun, so there really isn't any independent search into the story. William and Kate seem much smarter than to have friends that would leak such private information--the very next day. I just don't find the sources or the story credible.

I always liked Kate, she seems to be very a very kind and well educated girl, I just hope everything just remind like that..rumours:sad:

I know Clarence house is not going to give out statements about every rumour but if this was unture and Kate and William had not split I think they may have spoken out.

It is the headline on every news which I find a very sad thing, with everything going on in the World a relationship breaking up is hardly headline worthy!

like most people I was so suprised by this. A friend of mine called me in an shocked voice to tell me there was "big news about the windsors" so many things crossed my mind...death, divorce, alien abduction...but kate and wiliam breaking up didnt even come close.

As sad as I feel for them personally - ending a long relationship is never easy, and certainly more difficult when the entire world is watching and judging and wagging their fingers - I think its very sensible of them.

These are two intelligent young people of the 21st century. To reasonably expect them to have met their life match at the age of approximately 19 or 20 is unreasonable. There is so much growth and maturity that comes as we go through our 20's and get jobs, leave home, and all those things, that most people change. Granted, William is not your average young man, but Kate is remarkably average (I mean that in a good way!) To expect her to settle for this life of service when she's been raised as a commoner and not at least as part of the aristocracy is asking quite a lot. To expect her to do so at such a young age is cruel.

Similarly, though William is anything but "average", he's going to be doing a lot of changing himself as he goes through his military service. He's going to grow up and hopefully mature.

They're far too young to be making a commitment of this magnitude. Its gone on too long as it is, unfortunately. Kate is now in a very difficult situation - who on earth wants to be the rebound guy after she's dated the world's most eligible bachelor?? Anyone who shows interest at this point is likely to be doing so for the wrong reasons.

If they're really meant for each other they will be able to keep in touch over the next few years with far less pressure now that their split is known, and perhaps in time they will find their way back to one another as older and wiser adults. But to make a lifetime commitment at this point without having ever been in another serious relationship would be a huge mistake, and I think they're smart enough to realize that.

My hat is off to them, this is a very wise decision and I wish them both well.

palace can't confirm this because are psrt of william's pivate life, so we can know if this is truo or not, may be we have to wait

branchg said:

ok i can understand your point of view and that she might not be up to the job of consort. but saying that "she wasn't appropriate to bear heirs" is the part i disagree with. remember, if they did/do marry, the heirs she bears would also be williams heirs and have very long and distinguished history from which to learn the things that catherine didn't have the benefit of knowing from birth. i'm not saying you're wrong and i hope i don't start a big uproar with this.:flowers:

BeatrixFan said:
Exactly. The Queen and Prince Philip are cousins. So are Charles and Camilla. So are alot of European Royals. It's not gross, it's perfectly normal and natural and we'll be better for it.

Ever heard of genetic diseases? :ermm:

If it has to be a cousin, please let it be a distant one!

This thread is about the reported breakup of William and Kate - not the advantages/disadvantages of marrying cousins.

Since Kate and William are not cousins, the topic is irrelevant to the thread anyway.

All future posts on the topic will be either deleted or moved to the appropriate thread.

ysbel
British forums moderator

you know, I still take the whole breakup story with a grain of salt - after all, the two people in it haven't confirmed it, and we havent' seen proof points of any sort!

I think as I already have said, we still have to wait and see how it really is, and I don´t belive for a second that the clarence house will say anything at all.

I have a feeling that this is thrue but wise enought of earlier stories in all royal houses I wait to comment on it more definitely until we know more than that it was "according to an article in the sun".

Last edited:
I wonder how Woolworth's executives are feeling. They must have lost a lot of money over those William and Kate wedding souvenirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom