The Reported Breakup - April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO they are both too young to be married taking into consideration the status of prince Wiliam. He's supposed to choose his "lady of his heart" not because of media pressure but because of real afection. He needs still to become more mature..

Kate will probably be left alone in New York. Is she still being hounded by the press in the UK?

I have read what a few people have wrote about her moving to NYC. Is that true...where did this rumor come from?? What newspaper? If she does come to NYC, I think that the press will still follow her. They are going to want to know what she is up to after braking up with William.

Wills: I wasn't ready to wed

PRINCE William has poured out his heart to a mystery blonde, telling her he wasn’t ready to get married.

Newly-single Wills — whose split from Kate Middleton was revealed in The Sun — cosied up to the beauty in a nightclub during brother Harry’s Iraq send-off.

The Sun Online - News: Wills: I wasn't ready to wed

If that story is to be taken as true, then my suspicions that they broke up over marriage were correct.

I think we will never have confirmation of anything regarding this issue, to me this discussion is helpless and it doesn't make any sense to talk about something we don't know and that we cannot have any confirmations! Have you realise that everything we have said about Kate and William are only "maybes" / "perhaps" / "it may be" / "maybe, maybe not" / "possibly". We won't get a word out of them!

Very true indeed. But if we would only talk about and comment upon what comes directly from the horses mouth, we could happily close down this forum for good - not to talk about the yellow press which would be gone within days...:lol:

Wow, are we still talking about this? What is there to know? They jumped each other's bones in Clarence House then they split up. End of.

ysbel said:
I think you have a point there, but its hard to tell. If Diana were alive, would Kate have gotten so much attention?

A lot of the attention Kate got was from the press looking for a new Diana; if there was a living, breathing Diana still around, there would have been less pressure to find the new Diana.

Then again, I have to agree with HRH Kimentha about Diana as a potential mother-in-law. I think if Diana had been alive, she would have been incredibly intimidating unless she had found some happiness for herself and even then I think she would be intimidating.

very true however i think there would have been more than enough room in the media for the two. imagine the headlines...there's any number of scenarios that the media could've come up with. very scarey.:ohmy:

i also think that given how protective diana was of the boys, any potential bride, no matter how remote her chances, would've been under some really serious scrutiny from diana. even if she'd found some happiness by now i think her main focus would be on who william was seeing and whether she was marriage material...i know that sounds bad but for lack of a better term. i think her counsel would have been VERY important to william.

Duchess said:
i also think that given how protective diana was of the boys, any potential bride, no matter how remote her chances, would've been under some really serious scrutiny from diana.

That I think is very true but I think that it would be due to jealousy rather than concern for William's future. Because I think that for much of Diana's adult life, William was the only man in her life even though he was a little boy. The other men, Charles, James Hewitt, Hasnat Khan, James Gilbey, either let her down or left her. In her eyes, only William was loyal to her and I think she leaned on him to an extent that she wouldn't have if she had had a decent relationship with an adult man. I've seen that happen with some women when their marriages go down the tubes and their older sons become surrogate husbands 'the little man in the house'. The boys appreciate the role as children because they feel all grown up protecting and taking care of mommy but by the time they become adults they tire of it.

That's why I agree with HRH Kimentha that Diana would be a terribly intimidating mother-in-law, far more intimidating than the Queen was to Diana.

And its probably the reason that William shied away from marriage and the responsibility of taking care of yet another woman; especially if his role in the household growing up was to 'take care' of his mother Diana through all of her turmoil. The poor lad probably has had enough of taking care of others to last him quite awhile.

Last edited:
ysbel said:
That's why I agree with HRH Kimentha that Diana would be a terribly intimidating mother-in-law, far more intimidating than the Queen was to Diana.

And she would IMHO hate the fact that any future daughter-in-law of her will get the HRH.

I agree Jo. There would have been quite the Royal green monster as the young pretty new PoW flaunted her stuff in front of an aging old news PoW.

ysbel said:
And its probably the reason that William shied away from marriage and the responsibility of taking care of yet another woman; especially if his role in the household growing up was to 'take care' of his mother Diana through all of her turmoil. The poor lad probably has had enough of taking care of others to last him quite awhile.

very interesting view point and i agree. he was very much the "man of the house".

Duchess said:
very interesting view point and i agree. he was very much the "man of the house".

I also feel that he might of had some "apprehension" to take on the responsibility of a "wife", especially when he was acting as his mother's keeper whenever he wasn't away from school.:)

It seems like Kate is looking for someone to blame. But I don't think that a parent who gives their offspring advice, should be the one to blame.

This isn't Charles saying he won't accept Kate, its him basically telling William to be a man.

If William isn't sure by what 4 years, than he'll never be sure. And he really should move on.... Charles may have done Kate a favor...

And Charles advice is the type of advice an parent/close friend would give someone in similar circumstances.

Now, I thought Charles father telling Charles that he should make up his mind about Diana after only 4 months of dating, was incredibly ridiculous. But after four years, at their age it makes sense.

Let's remember we haven't ever heard the two speak about their relationship so it's impossible for us to comment on what they may or may not be feeling or looking for.

bekalc said:
It seems like Kate is looking for someone to blame. But I don't think that a parent who gives their offspring advice, should be the one to blame.

This isn't Charles saying he won't accept Kate, its him basically telling William to be a man.

If William isn't sure by what 4 years, than he'll never be sure. And he really should move on.... Charles may have done Kate a favor...

And Charles advice is the type of advice an parent/close friend would give someone in similar circumstances.

Now, I thought Charles father telling Charles that he should make up his mind about Diana after only 4 months of dating, was incredibly ridiculous. But after four years, at their age it makes sense.

I agree with almost everything you said except the comment about Prince Philip.

In normal circumstances I would agree with you that making the comment he is alleged to have made would be a bit premature but... remember the press was hounding Diana unmercifully.

Diana couldn't move without press attention and the headlines were all about Diana and what she was wearing and where she was going. I think, in those circumstances, something had to be done for Diana's sake.

Asking the press to leave her alone wasn't going to work then, any more than it does now, so Philip advicing his son to make up his mind made sense - unfortunately Charles made the wrong decision and the rest is history.

We must remember also that Diana had grown up around the royal family and so had been someone Charles would have known for years, especially since he had dated her sister. The four months of dating was after quite a long time of knowing each other as at least acquaintances.

i don't think any of us is saying that catherine (or william) is looking for anyone to blame. if anything, she's been her wonderful, discreet self. we're merely speculating because of course we couldn't possibly know her feelings or what the situation was that lead to the end of the relationship.

Duchess said:
i don't think any of us is saying that catherine (or william) is looking for anyone to blame. if anything, she's been her wonderful, discreet self. we're merely speculating because of course we couldn't possibly know her feelings or what the situation was that lead to the end of the relationship.

Well in article just said that people she worked with says that Catherine blames prince Charles because of his advice. I' m thinking that in those circumstances its unfortuantely normal to want to blame someone.

As for the 4 months. I realize the press was hounding Diana...But honestly, I think that if nothing came out of it, things would have died down a bit...eventually...And maybe it would have given both time to think..

Knowing someone for a long time and dating them is two different things...

bekalc said:
Well in article just said that people she worked with says that Catherine blames prince Charles because of his advice. I' m thinking that in those circumstances its unfortuantely normal to want to blame someone.

Yes, but we don't know how true that article is. What that article said was speculated in the press before that article came out. So it wasn't an original idea and easy enough due to that to make up the story. And it did come from the Mirror.
He did use his name but how much did he make on it? He also would have made extra for allowing them to use his name. I don't know how much they pay at the UK tabs but it might have been worth enough money to him to deal with any consequences later. ie.. willing to bet Kate wouldn't sue him.

Well, i think the person who sold the story may be out of a job and should be opstracised by the other colleagues before he leaves.

PrincessDianafan said:
Well, i think the person who sold the story may be out of a job and should be opstracised by the other colleagues before he leaves.

PDF...you have to remember to take these stories with a grain of salt...especially take note of the publication in which they appear. A lot of these articles appear in the "not very reliable" tabloids so I wouldn't take them very seriously. it's entirely possible that someone said "something" to the press but you can't count on it being quoted correctly.:flowers:

Last edited:
I'm on his corner all the way. I think it takes a lot of courage to end things with a wonderful girl, whom for whatever reason, was not quite right enough. His destiny has been chosen for him, at the very least he should be allowed to choose his bride! I wish him all the happiness when he's ready to share his life with someone!

Last edited by a moderator:
while i think he should be able to live "as normal a life as possible", and going out clubbing is just something that some people enjoy doing, i think it's really bad for his public image to have it all splashed across the front pages. i don't blame either of them for the break simply because we don't know the facts but if he keeps up the drinking and partying he's going to do some serious damage to his image.

To be royal, must be very lonely :sad:

I don't envy then in any way, shape or form.

adding my two cents here:

i don't think it's fair to blame william on the breakup; or use the opportunity to dish on him. i mean, if he's really that bad of a human being, i have to wonder kate's own motive of keeping the relationship going on for so long. also, any relationship comes with a whole package, if we want to discuss Kate's "sacrifice", it's only fair that we should also bring up all the "perks" of being the gf of a future king.

personally, the William camp behaved far better during the whole breakup drama. at least, they didn't try to trash the other party while defending him; as far as i knew, they even rarely got quoted in papers.

this relationship has run its course. it's time for Kate and us to move on. if there's no new development, maybe the moderator of this thread should consider closing it. no point of finger pointing and speculating forever:flowers:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom