The Reported Breakup - April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have been together more or less 4 years- some of that time sharing a house or being roommates.
I know they are very young but in my opinion 4 years is enough time to know if you are compatible or not and if this relationship is going somewhere or not. So if they -he? she?- likely he -can't commit at this point better to move on. No one should invest more than that is a relationship which is going nowhere. If this is serious and they start missing each other I am sure they will meet again. Who knows?

Perhaps the media frenzy over an upcoming engagement forced Prince William to end the relationship as he didn't feel he was yet ready for a permanenet commitment. Perhaps if the media had not have tracked them so tirelessly, their relationshiop may have lasted longer.

Angelina said:
Perhaps the media frenzy over an upcoming engagement forced Prince William to end the relationship as he didn't feel he was yet ready for a permanenet commitment. Perhaps if the media had not have tracked them so tirelessly, their relationshiop may have lasted longer.

May be - but it's likely they would have broken u anyway, they are so young. I don't know anybody who is in their thirties now and lives with the same man or woman they went out with at school or university.

It is sad that William's and Kate's relationship is over. 4 years it is quite a time for people that young. Kate seems like well rounded and down-to earth nice girl. Oh well, it happens that even the best realtionships end sometimes.

altagrace said:
They have been together more or less 4 years- some of that time sharing a house or being roommates.
I know they are very young but in my opinion 4 years is enough time to know if you are compatible or not and if this relationship is going somewhere or not. So if they -he? she?- likely he -can't commit at this point better to move on. No one should invest more than that is a relationship which is going nowhere. If this is serious and they start missing each other I am sure they will meet again. Who knows?

absolutely right altagrace!

Kate and William would have made a great couple for England. Kate is dignified, discreet intellegent and has other fine qualities. Persons of strength do not run from a problem. to say that the press is to be blamed is deceitful the persons who have been advising Prince William like he will come to realize what a good asset Kate is. I hope it would not be too late for all England to wake up. "When we spit in the sky it falls in our face" As for Prince William he should take a tip from his father's life. Time will tell.

Smilla said:
May be - but it's likely they would have broken u anyway, they are so young. I don't know anybody who is in their thirties now and lives with the same man or woman they went out with at school or university.
I know someone who has been friends with her husband since they were both 13 years old. They dated in high school, broke up for a bit in college; got back together in college; they were married at 21 after graduation, and they are still together at 46 years old. They still go on dates; she was late to work to today because, well, you know.:ROFLMAO: She says they are still best friends. I have heard the voice mails he leaves for her at the office. I am amazed at their relationship. They have two daughters -- one 14, the other 16. They are all extremely happy. This is extremely rare, but it can happen.

I just hope that this is not a repeat of the Charles/Camilla/Diana thing where the prince chokes at proposal time and then regrets it and ends up marrying someone he is definately not in love with because the 'true love' has moved on.

Luv2Cruise said:
I know someone who has been friends with her husband since they were both 13 years old. They dated in high school, broke up for a bit in college; got back together in college; they were married at 21 after graduation, and they are still together at 46 years old. They still go on dates; she was late to work to today because, well, you know.:ROFLMAO: She says they are still best friends. I have heard the voice mails he leaves for her at the office. I am amazed at their relationship. They have two daughters -- one 14, the other 16. They are all extremely happy. This is extremely rare, but it can happen.
It happened also to my best friend. She met Jerry when they were kids and they started dating at age 15, and now they are nearly 30 and married and have a daughter. They actually never split up. I know it's rare, but I agree it does happen that people meet "the one" in childhood.

I agree. I hope Kate is woman enough not to allow herself to be further strung along as insurance. The news reports they will remain friends. I would counsel her to focus on herself, get serious about life, and keep her distance from him and his set for a long while. Give William his "freedom" as he has requested. These people strike me as users, co-dependent with hangers-on types.

Last edited:
I think Kate needs to mourn the loss of the relationship and then move on to better things. All the status that comes with dating Prince William cannot make up for the slings and arrows that come with the territory, and having open season declared on your mother is not something I would wish on anyone. Those who are mocking her mother show no class at all.

I've read that the Royal family is actually quite more concerned about Kate selling her million-worth memories with William that for the sake of their relationship, though the Queen was really pleased with Kate - she was Queen material ...

Verde Esmeralda said:
I've read that the Royal family is actually quite more concerned about Kate selling her million-worth memories with William that for the sake of their relationship, though the Queen was really pleased with Kate - she was Queen material ...

Oh, I guess most of these stories are just invented - who knows what the Queen thinks? Or William? Or Kate herself?
I'm waiting for this whole commotion to calm down...and maybe some enlightening comments from those who are really "in the know".

And, meanwhile, in a parallel universe:

Kate tells Wills: The wedding is off!

"...insiders are now hoping that with the royal family's help, Wills can convince Kate she is the love of his life, and the couple can get back on track with planning their big day".

:wacko:

Roslyn said:
And, meanwhile, in a parallel universe:

Kate tells Wills: The wedding is off!

"...insiders are now hoping that with the royal family's help, Wills can convince Kate she is the love of his life, and the couple can get back on track with planning their big day".

:wacko:

:lol: tabloid speculation is something very funny to read! especially the made up ending lines:
...insiders say he is devastated with her decision to call off their wedding.
"William is floundering in a sea of remorse, and I'm told that he has even asked his grandmother Queen Elizabeth to speak to Kate," an insider says...

:rolleyes: Sure, I can picture the very occupied Queen setting time aside in her calendar to pick up a phone to have a nice talk with the young former couple. The article above is the best example on not to believe every report we see around. Gives me the impression we are now in the midst of a tabloid warzone with every reporter making up the most scandalous rumour just to get it published by the editors.
And, somewhere else, Chelsy and Prince Harry are finally getting a little break from the press themselves. :shifty:

Smilla said:

I know lots of these people (including myself, till my first husband died), so what does that say? Lives are different...

Smilla said:

This morning when I read this I wasn't going to respond but as others have done so I am going to tell you about three friends of mine.

Each one had a steady boyfriend at school or at uni but went their separate ways as everyone told them that they were to young to have met 'the one'. What happened - they married others. At our school reunion about five years ago each one announced that they were now divorced from the ones they had married. A few weeks ago we had another reunion and guess what - each one was now married to 'the one' who was - you guessed it - the one everyone had told them they were too young to have found when in their teens.

We should remember in all this that William's grandmother became aware of 'the one' for her when she was aged 13 - and never varied from that.

I am surprised that you know no-one who is in this situation as from the anecdotal evidence I have most people know at least one couple in this situation.

i was wondering if anyone has heard kate talk we see so many pics of her.

if anone has any clips or anything please post them to me thanx

Jo of Palatine said:
I know lots of these people (including myself, till my first husband died), so what does that say? Lives are different...

Me too!

I met my husband at 23 and we've been together ever since! (I'm 37)

Last edited:
Add me to the "me, too" list.

I met my husband when I was 24 and he was 31, and we're still together 29 years later. :)

We were both studying part-time, but we were working full time and though I was only 24 I guess our situation is a bit different from the "met while still at school or university" category.

Last edited:
georgiea said:
Is there a difference in social standing when saying Please to Meet You and Nice to Meet You?

I am confused.:)
Don't be, it is a rather old fashioned attitude that everyone is pleased to meet a member of the royal family and therefore when greeting a royal, they have no need to state the obvious. There is no difference between pleased to meet you and nice to meet you, the same 'rules' apply.
- - - - - - - - -
I can't understand the fuss, it's not as if she said 'Hey dude, how's it hangin' or something like that!:ROFLMAO:

Skydragon said:
Don't be, it is a rather old fashioned attitude that everyone is pleased to meet a member of the royal family and therefore when greeting a royal, they have no need to state the obvious. There is no difference between pleased to meet you and nice to meet you, the same 'rules' apply.
- - - - - - - - -
I can't understand the fuss, it's not as if she said 'Hey dude, how's it hangin' or something like that!:ROFLMAO:

I can't understand the fuss either. I know it's not the "proper form" greeting, but I don't see a serious problem with telling HM that's you're pleased to meet her if indeed you are. I'm sure she is still pleased to know people are pleased to meet her. Frankly I think that saying, "How do you do?" is a bit silly.

Roslyn said:
I can't understand the fuss either. I know it's not the "proper form" greeting, but I don't see a serious problem with telling HM that's you're pleased to meet her if indeed you are. I'm sure she is still pleased to know people are pleased to meet her. Frankly I think that saying, "How do you do?" is a bit silly.
The 'people' who are commenting do seem to be working from the money making 'etiquette' books, written by an etiquette 'expert' who most likely walked on the same street as a royal or aristocrat, 25 years ago. :rolleyes:

I saw some news about Kate beeing really furious with the press for something regarding her mother!Sorry but I cannot tell more details because my computer is very slow today!
I will miss her if she will not appear in these forum again!Hope to see some pictures of her regularly!

Last edited:
Roslyn said:
Add me to the "me, too" list.

I met my husband when I was 24 and he was 31, and we're still together 29 years later. :)

We were both studying part-time, but we were working full time and though I was only 24 I guess our situation is a bit different from the "met while still at school or university" category.

:flowers: Hoping you don't mind me jumping into your conversation. I met my husband when i was 17. We dated for almost eight years and been happily married almost 14 years. We were both in University and both working part time. So I guess we been together for 22 years... Still going strong.:wub:... Has nothing to do with being too young. ITs a maturity and trust.....and a few things as well....

Last edited:
Not to sound like Gandalf or anything but my instinct says Kate has some part yet to play in the future. I wouldn't rule her out completely. who knows she might be Williams Camilla for all we know.

If history is to repeat itself she will become Harry's wife and they will reign together.

I don't think Kate is really Harry's type....:rolleyes: Besides, that bloke seems head over heels in love with Chelsy, practically worships her....

P.S. History does not actually repeat itself, not entirely, ever. Context never repeats. Isolated things repeat, but the context is always different, unique.:flowers:

lord_rankin said:
Not to sound like Gandalf or anything but my instinct says Kate has some part yet to play in the future. I wouldn't rule her out completely. who knows she might be Williams Camilla for all we know.

I rather hope not. I don't want to see Kate consigned to the role of William's "confidante" and the "other woman" in his marriage. I hope that she finds someone wonderful who makes her the happiest woman in the world, who encourages her and supports her and with whom she has an extremely fulfilling professional and family life for the rest of her days. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom