The Reported Breakup - April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for Kate!

After 3 years if he does not want to move forward and is actually taking it backwards, I'm glad she saw the light. She is a beautiful woman and why waste her youth. Being Queen or the Queen is waiting in England does not appears to be a happily ever after story. I'm sure her dreams are crushed but at least she was spared the despair Diana went though and should consider herself lucky. She has personality, beauty, and youth. I hope she hooks up with a nice young man very soon and has a faboulous wedding and life.

God Bless you Kate

I think the split is true.Miss Kate Middleton is a lovely young woman who has conducted herself like a true 'lady' throughout her relationship with Prince William.
I think things have worked out for the better for Miss Kate Middleton and someone up there loves her.
God Bless you Kate.You have taught us by your noble and faultless conduct how to be royal without tiaras.You will live forever in our hearts as a girl of honour and integrity.

Last edited:
It is sad they have spilt up but I wish them both the best for their futures and I hope that the press leave them alone now in peace. I have always liked Kate.

And the stories keep coming......

William and two other women

Prince William was dallying with at least two society beauties as Kate Middleton battled to saved their four-year romance.
He has been involved in a serious 'flirtation' with a well-connected young woman for four months - although he is said to be keener on her than she is on him, we can reveal.
At the same time the future King has been seen kissing and cuddling with an attractive blonde in a London nightclub.

kate041407.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
iWlliam and two other women | News | This is London

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question about the "proper" language to use when meeting the Queen or other members of the Royal Family. I've seen a few times that when Mrs. Middleton met the Queen, she said "Pleased to meet you," and that this was some kind of horrible middle-class faux pas. What is THAT about? What are you "supposed" to say? I've also heard that Mrs. Middleton used the term "Pardon?" instead of the supposedly more acceptable "I beg your pardon." I don't see what's wrong with that, either.

I have read about Mrs. Middleton chewing gum and using the word "toilet" - those faux pas I can understand!

So to my British friends- what, as an egalitarian American (we pretty much greet everyone the same way) am I missing?

Bt, I fear we Americans for the most part are perceived as hicks. LOL :)

The Middletons really are fortunate I think that their Kate will not be a part of William's family. Everyone scheming against them and Mrs. Middleton not well received. I hope Kate mourns this, picks up, and gets on with it. She will have her wonderful life with a man who deserves her. She seems to be a lovely person, was a loyal friend to William who conducted herself flawlessly for five years. She deserves better than this.

This whole thing is leaving a really bad taste in my mouth.

the mail article about catherine's mother is just awful. thank goodness this tabloid is completely unreliable. if william's friends did treat catherine so terribly it's a sad indication of their upbringing...bad manners abound with them.

The way you guys are putting it now, it seems like the Daily Mail treatment of Carole Middleton is some reflection of the supposed "Balmoral test" inflicted by the royal family on the 'dates' of the Prince of Wales during the '70s. It's like the royal family (according to this legend) has these impossible standards for "outsiders"; only the truly accepted ones can pass the test because it has a predetermined air, as if only done for show, when really the royal family has already decided who is In and who is Out.
I think if the legend is true, it might be a survival tactic for the royal family. Although they are basically nice people, they want to make it difficult getting close to them so that only the worthy pass the 'test'. The users and posers are thus weeded out! It's cruel, but it must be some sort of protective measure, just part of the wall of defense they build around their cloistered world!
I think it's not full proof, though. Some users and posers are clever and get past anyway! And others who are nice and good don't get past the test, but leave feeling very insecure.

I've been on several sites and have seen this huge backlash against William, calling him churlish and a cad, and whatnot. I just don't seem to understand why a 24-year-old man deciding that he isn't prepared to marry his long-term girlfriend makes him a horrible person. It's not like he pulled an Earl Spencer and tossed her out -- he decided that he couldn't marry her at this point in his life and that it was better for both of them to go their own ways. The demonising of William seen on the Daily Mail and Times sites is disturbing because it seems to imply that William was duty-bound to marry her -- and we all saw how marrying someone out of duty rather than a genuine desire leads to disaster with his parents.

I think that sadly the media, just like the rest of us will never know what really caused their break up. Kate and William, their closest family and friends are in the position of knowing and helping them get through it, we can only ever guess. I for one, read the stories with tongue in cheek and chuckle as another headline hits the stands.
I wish both Kate and William equal amounts of happiness for the future and hope that they both find their one true love.:wub:

Well, I think William has alot to be answerable for (privately of course). Thought that's just my opinion.

If your in a committed four year relationship, you don't go out and start feeling up women in nightclubs and happily pose for pictures doing so. Well, not unless you're a tool :wacko:

Who could blame Kate, if it was her who said 'enoughs enough'. Respect for the 'sister' if that is the case!

Last edited:
All this angst, and one hell of a lot of Kate/William bashing, and this story has yet to be confirmed by a reliable source"? :rolleyes:

It's amazing the negative press she and the Middleton's are getting AFTER the breakup. She was okay when they were dating but now, the hounds have been released! I feel bad for her, but the breakup is probably a blessing for her. Hopefully her life will get back to normal in a few weeks.

One tend to forget that William is Charles' and Diana's son. Probably he felt that it was him who deserved the limelight and not her. And Catherine's wish for more privacy was not because she felt she couldn't handle it anymore but because William got angry about her being in the news so often. At least that's what some "sources" seem to imply. Could be, IMHO.

BurberryBrit said:
It's amazing the negative press she and the Middleton's are getting AFTER the breakup. She was okay when they were dating but now, the hounds have been released! I feel bad for her, but the breakup is probably a blessing for her. Hopefully her life will get back to normal in a few weeks.
See, but I kind of think a lot of what's being said now might be what people have been thinking for a while, but were afraid to say for fear that William would actually marry her. In certain circles, it doesn't do to be on the outs with the future king, so even if one thinks his bride is common, one tends to keep quiet.

Look at how many of Charles' friends had to keep quiet about their "Diana's deranged" opinions at the start of the marriage because Charles threatened to drop them. Once Charles had come around to their point of view, they could attack her without fear of royal retribution. Same thing could be going on right now.

I just read the news on the local News paper here in Indonesia. I feel sorry for kate. But probably this is for good.

magnik said:
Yes, that's true
- the right girl for the family and people
- and the right girl for the man.

Isn't it similar as it was in Mette-Marit, Letizia, Maxima and Mary's cases? They were "the right girls" for the princes and not always for their families and for the people.

But, It's not impossible to be one girl ''right for the family ,people and the man".Take Mathilde of Belgium and Sophie of Leichtentien as examples.

LOL I Want to take both sides but im afraid the ladies of this board will feel Kate was mistreated by William therefore my opinion will look very foolish , is William (or Henry for that matter) really the Cads there made out to be ill say this I Feel for them both and hope they both find Hapiness.

This is so sad.:sad: I feel for William and Kate. This could be a breathing period for both as the press and others hounded them to get married. Give them a break! If this is for permanence than let them be. Who knows they may end up getting back together. Whatever happens it was amicable split for both from rumors.

Jo of Palatine said:
One tend to forget that William is Charles' and Diana's son. Probably he felt that it was him who deserved the limelight and not her. And Catherine's wish for more privacy was not because she felt she couldn't handle it anymore but because William got angry about her being in the news so often. At least that's what some "sources" seem to imply. Could be, IMHO.
I agree with you there...I've read most of the reports so far coming from English tabloids and one of them suggested that Wills got upset when Kate when to that [was it?] polo with Charles and wasn't consulted about it. A friend even suggested that Wills is stubborn and will not build new bridges over old ones.

Madame Royale said:
Well, I think William has alot to be answerable for (privately of course). Thought that's just my opinion.

If your in a committed four year relationship, you don't go out and start feeling up women in nightclubs and happily pose for pictures doing so. Well, not unless you're a tool :wacko:

Who could blame Kate, if it was her who said 'enoughs enough'. Respect for the 'sister' if that is the case!

Here, here. Kate definitly deserves better...I don't understand why Wills would let his friends make crude remarks about her linage and her family's business infront of her [if he loved her, why would Wills string her along for [4 years?] knowing that she was head over heels in love with him, and his behaviour as if he's single [poor Kate]. Kate's is better of without the Windsor clan, and I really don't want to say this but Wills behaviour is turning out like Charlies...:rolleyes:...By the way did anyone catch the Matt and Jo show this morning they were talking about this issue...

Last edited:
flctylu said:
Here, here. Kate definitly deserves better...I don't understand why Wills would let his friends make crude remarks about her linage and her family's business infront of her [if he loved her, why would Wills string her along for [4 years?] knowing that she was head over heels in love with him, and his behaviour as if he's single [poor Kate]. ..

Absolutely right.
Kate's family may be not of high aristocracy, but alt least they are capable persons and they earned themselves what they are spending....
William friends not:bang:

flctylu said:
Kate's is better of without the Windsor clan, and I really don't want to say this but Wills behaviour is turning out like Charlies...:rolleyes:...

Since now I had an estime for Willam, but if all this is true, he disappointed me so much. Finally the last man of this family who behavior with courage was the late Prince of Wales Eduard (of wallis Simson).
It is sad to say, but it seeems that he is copying his father all the way. He will also make a marriage that he wont wish it, because he has not the courage to fight for his choices.
CHARLES entirely

fandesacs2003 said:
It is sad to say, but it seeems that he is copying his father all the way. He will also make a marriage that he wont wish it, because he has not the courage to fight for his choices.
CHARLES entirely

I see it differently. Yes, Charles made the wrong choice but even though Camilla married another, his friends never started talking about her - it was Diana who revealed to the world that Camilla was more important to Charles than the public thought. And when Charles felt in 2004 that Camilla was snubbed by "friends" of his, he decided to go through with the task to bring to her the position in society she deserved in his opinion.

While William's friends seem to do nothing but talking in a vicious way about Catherine. Okay, Charles' circle did the same to Diana, but in this case Diana had done all she could to stop Charles from succeeding his mother, so it was fighting from both sides.

Catherine to my knowledge has done nothing to warrant this treatment. I'm still very suspicious about these nice articles Richard Kay wrote about Charles & Camilla before he wrote about the split.... It sounded orchestrated. Plus there was this one quote about Catherine trying to find out who leaked a certain story to the media on realising what that meant for her. That sounded genuine to me. I'm sure there were a lot of stories not told and not published by agreement with William's wishes. And now this - I don't believe in William's innocence. I believe he could have stopped his pals but didn't want to. Not quite a gentleman, this prince, that some followers of the late Diana still want to see as king instead of his IMHO more honorable father.

I think is time for William to do a oficial statement!Of course we are talking about his private life but I think if he really wants this relationship to end she should put a end on it in a formal way, leaving Kate in a good position towards the public!

CasiraghiTrio said:
It does show the author is an intolerable snob. :mad: That article is mean and offensive for so many reasons.
The author is clearly not from the same class as William or Catherine, the whole article smacks of jealousy!

There seem to have been many calls for William or CH to make a statement, but why should he, it is his personal life. It is only the media that is making it a Catherine vs William or Middletons vs Windsors saga. They, like many couples have grown apart and had the sense to realise and admit it before the wedding. As for those blaming Charles (like father like son), perhaps they should remember his mothers multiple relationship problems as well. :rolleyes: Rather than blaming 'the parents', allow that these young people are able to make their own decisions.

Last edited:
why?wat is the reason behind the break up is it because of the monarchy?

What all of us may want to remember is that not everything reported by the Media is true.
I don't mean the actual break up, I think we can be certain that something had really happened.
I mean all the rumours surrounding the break up. We don't know what are the reasons behind it, we don't know whether Prince William's friends were really humiliating Miss Middleton's family, we don't know whether even 5% of the articles posted are true.

They are just a couples and couples do break up sometimes. I have to say this for kate though - she behaved herself with utmost dignity both before and after the break. My respect for her is as strong as ever, regardless of all Kate bashing or Kate the Saint articles.

IMHO I don't see what the huge deal is it isn't as if they were engaged (and to be honest I didn't think that would be happening any time soon either.)

William is only 24 and for many guys it is still very young to get married. Perhaps all the engagement speculation got to him.

Maybe he will follow the example of the other European princes (who were all considerably older) and wait to get married.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom