The Duke of Cambridge's 30th Birthday - Documentaries, Articles, etc: June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EIIR

Heir Presumptive
City
Somewhere
Country
United Kingdom
This might not be the best place for this, but just to say that in half an hour (21:00 BST, 22:00 CET, 16:00 EST, 13:00 PST) a documentary called 'William at 30' will be shown on ITV in the UK.

Here's a link for those outside the UK.

William at 30

Carry on as you are now because your mother would be proud of you, your dad is proud of you, your grandparents are proud of you and I think the nation is actually proud of you too.”
Dickie Arbiter, press secretary to Princess Diana

From his momentous birth as second in line to the throne, through the tragedy of his mother’s death and his marriage to Kate Middleton, this documentary reflects on the incredible journey of Prince William as he turns 30.

This hour-long programme features archive and interviews with royal correspondents, commentators and those close to William reflecting on his 30 years, and looking at the man behind the public persona.

William at 30 also looks at his current role as a serviceman, a worldwide ambassador for charity, a brother and husband as well as his approach to his royal duties as a future king. William At 30 is brand new and exclusive to ITV1 on June 7 at 9pm (TBC).

The documentary charts the young prince’s life beginning with his birth at St Mary’s Hospital in London and his early exposure to the press pack as a youngster. Royal correspondent Katie Nicholl sets up the early conflict in William’s life between official duty and trying to lead an everyday life.

www.itv.com/presscentre/williamat30/week23/default.html

Episode: 1 of 1
Thursday, 7 June 2012, 9:00PM - 10:00PM

Zonk said:
... Royal correspondent Katie Nicholl sets up the early conflict in William’s life between official duty and trying to lead an everyday life.

Uggggh, Katie Nicholl? I'll pass.

Talking about Prince William's date of birth 06/21/1982, I wonder whether it was deliberately chosen for William to be born on that day, because it was the summer solstice coincident with a solar eclipse. It is a very rare phenomenon.

Considering Prince Charles originally chose his wedding date with Camilla on 04/08/2005, which is also a date of solar eclipse, (although at the end he could not marry on that day because of Pope John Paul II's funeral) it drives me to think that the British Royal Family might have a special crush on solar eclipse.

Talking about Prince William's date of birth 06/21/1982, I wonder whether it was deliberately chosen for William to be born on that day, because it was the summer solstice coincident with a solar eclipse. It is a very rare phenomenon.

Considering Prince Charles originally chose his wedding date with Camilla on 04/08/2005, which is also a date of solar eclipse, (although at the end he could not marry on that day because of Pope John Paul II's funeral) it drives me to think that the British Royal Family might have a special crush on solar eclipse.

To be honest, I think it was William himself that decided when it was time to enter this world. As far as I know, it was a natural childbirth (no c-section or induced labor). Princess Beatrice's birth date is also interesting being 08/08/1988. It wouldn't surprise me though if both Charles and Diana were aware of William being born on the summer solstice though as I've read that Diana did seek out astrologer's and to me, Charles has always seemed to be one that would seek out knowledge of alternate beliefs and religious systems. I would be willing to bet that at some point in time, an intense natal chart has been done for William (and Harry too).

anbrida said:
Talking about Prince William's date of birth 06/21/1982, I wonder whether it was deliberately chosen for William to be born on that day, because it was the summer solstice coincident with a solar eclipse. It is a very rare phenomenon..

William was not born by cesarean section - as a result, his birthdate could not have been chosen.

To be honest, I think it was William himself that decided when it was time to enter this world. As far as I know, it was a natural childbirth (no c-section or induced labor). Princess Beatrice's birth date is also interesting being 08/08/1988. It wouldn't surprise me though if both Charles and Diana were aware of William being born on the summer solstice though as I've read that Diana did seek out astrologer's and to me, Charles has always seemed to be one that would seek out knowledge of alternate beliefs and religious systems. I would be willing to bet that at some point in time, an intense natal chart has been done for William (and Harry too).

But Diana did complain that William was induced to fit in with Charles's polo diary. And Diana had to have a 16-hour labor and almost got into a C-section. For a natural birth, 16-hour labor is quite long.

But Diana did complain that William was induced to fit in with Charles's polo diary. And Diana had to have a 16-hour labor and almost got into a C-section. For a natural birth, 16-hour labor is quite long.

That's a bit of information I've never heard before and to be honest, I can't see either Charles nor Diana being so concerned about a polo match as to work the birth of their first child around it.

16 hours is actually not considered a long labor. First time mothers as a rule can have labor for 12-18 hours. It does all depend on the woman and how her doctor sees her labor progressing. I know of women that have gone longer than that and in my case (I had 3 children) had relatively short labors under 8 hours.

Anyways, we digress. This is about William at 30 program. I've not seen it yet so hopefully it will be on one of my channels one of these days where I can watch it with closed captions.

That's a bit of information I've never heard before and to be honest, I can't see either Charles nor Diana being so concerned about a polo match as to work the birth of their first child around it.

I guess this is the explanation the Palace gave to Diana. Who know what is the true reason behind the scene.

Just some information on the date of birth of William 06/21/1981. It is a combination of Summer Solstice and Solar Eclipse, a very rare phenomenon which happens once per 125 years averagely. However, a google search tells us we are right now in a run of this phenomenon very 19 years, those are 1982, 2001, 2020, 2039 and 2058. So every 19 years, Prince William will celebrate his birthday on a day Solar eclipses until 2058.

BTW, the late Pope Paul John II was also born on a day Solar eclipsed. So when he died on 04/02/2005, the Catholic Church definitely wanted him to be buried on a day Solar eclipses (and myths are that the Christ was also buried when Solar eclipsed), which was supposed to be Charles and Camilla's wedding day. In my opinion, that is the true reason why Charles and Camilla's wedding day was bounced to another day.

I don't think William nor Pope John Paul care about what occurred when they were born. Creating some sort of 'link' between them and solar events is silly, it means nothing. It's one of life's coincidences.

Charles and Camilla moved their wedding day to the 9th because that was the day chosen for the Popes funeral, 6 days after he died. At the time, all the information as to why the 8th April (a Friday) was initially chosen was so the wedding wouldn't clash with the Grand National on the 9th.

Oh and point of fact William was born in 1982, hence he is 30 this year.

Last edited:
I don't think William nor Pope John Paul care about what occurred when they were born. Creating some sort of 'link' between them and solar events is silly, it means nothing. It's one of life's coincidences.

If William was induced, then it is not a mere coincidence.

Charles and Camilla moved their wedding day to the 9th because that was the day chosen for the Popes funeral, 6 days after he died. At the time, all the information as to why the 8th April (a Friday) was initially chosen was so the wedding wouldn't clash with the Grand National on the 9th.

I don't get it. If the Grand National is so important, why not move the wedding to April 10th or even later days.

Well that's something Charles, Diana's doctor and probably the midwife knows. Nobody else. Seeing as it's a rumour, it remains coincidence.

I don't get it. If the Grand National is so important, why not move the wedding to April 10th or even later days.

April 10th was a Sunday.
The reason it was moved to the 9th, was because of Pope John Pauls funeral, to move it further in the month would have affected more than the TV schedule. Such as the guests that were in London, the venue that was booked (I believe some weddings were moved or even cancelled so the wedding could take place on the 9th), and everyone else who was booked.

anbrida said:

Being induced still would not have gauranteed he would have been born when he was - you still have to go through the labour and delivery process and it is a guessing game as to how long it will take. Happy coincidence IMO.

Well that's something Charles, Diana's doctor and probably the midwife knows. Nobody else. Seeing as it's a rumour, it remains coincidence.

The boy's mother said he was induced, referred to "Diana: Her True Story in Her Own Words". Not that much a rumor.

April 10th was a Sunday.
The reason it was moved to the 9th, was because of Pope John Pauls funeral, to move it further in the month would have affected more than the TV schedule. Such as the guests that were in London, the venue that was booked (I believe some weddings were moved or even cancelled so the wedding could take place on the 9th), and everyone else who was booked.

Every day has it own schedule, the same as April 9. Actually since the Grant National was on April 9 that, it caused a conflict in TV schedule. What do I mean here is Charles did not give too much concern on the Grant National when he chose his wedding date.

Last edited:
Being induced still would not have gauranteed he would have been born when he was - you still have to go through the labour and delivery process and it is a guessing game as to how long it will take. Happy coincidence IMO.

Sure there was some risk. Considering William was born at 9pm, so a 16-hour labor means induction started at 5am. If the labor was not terribly long, a good chance he would be born on that day. And of course doctors can use some methods to reduce the labor hours. Worth a shot to do that.

I don't know other people's cases. When I gave birth to my first child at 30, my labor lasted for 12 hours. Even though my doctor said my labor was long. :ermm:

This whole conversation is just ridiculous, stop trying to make a mountain out of a molehill in regards to an event most people don't even notice or care about. Just celebrate the mana birthday and not treat it as some astrological sign of the second coming.

Okay, I am missing something. Given the conversation - is it viewed as auspicious or something to be born/wed during an eclipse? I have always been under the impression (in my limited knowledge of these things) that a solar eclipse is viewed as an ill-omen. To be born during a solar eclipse means that the sun forces - the good stuff - were obscured and a sort of 'window' was available for dark energies to happen/arrive, etc. I may be scrambling this. (The same would go for a lunar eclipse except in reverse - lunar forces - generally considered problematic - would have been impeded and hence events would be of a more positive impact).

If you are all saying this would have been a chosen 'coincidence' - what is the thinking going on about it? Given what I have always understood I would think that if it mattered to them at all they would be trying to avoid these eclipses. Many thanks in advance for all answers! :flowers:

This whole conversation is just ridiculous, stop trying to make a mountain out of a molehill in regards to an event most people don't even notice or care about. Just celebrate the mana birthday and not treat it as some astrological sign of the second coming.

I don't get this. :bb: If you don't like the conversation, don't particiapte. Makes sense rather than denigrate through inference that people's interests are spurious. I get enough of that from my milieu when I happen to mention my interest in royalty. :huh:

Last edited:
Having an interest is one thing, making something up like William's birth was planned to land on a date that 70% of the populace don't even know about unless they look at small print on a calendar is another. His birthday is coming up, what is wrong with just celebrating that & looking at the past 30yrs. Why have to dig for rumors and signs that don't exist? I agree with Lumutqueen that this is silly.
Does anyone know if William has plans to celebrate hisbirthday. I have always thought it would be funny if Kate watched the videos of Willliam as a baby and toddler on YouTube and she giggles non-stop while he cringes.

Last edited:
anbrida said:
The boy's mother said he was induced, referred to "Diana: Her True Story in Her Own Words". Not that much a rumor.

Because that book is reliable.

A quote from Buckingham Palace, a bit more reliable;
"Buckingham Palace would not comment on any specific claims, and said Diana did not co-operate with the biography in any way whatsoever."

anbrida said:
Every day has it own schedule, the same as April 9. Actually since the Grant National was on April 9 that, it caused a conflict in TV schedule. What do I mean here is Charles did not give too much concern on the Grant National when he chose his wedding date.

Excuse me? The wedding was supposedly chosen as the 8th over the 9th because the Grand National was on that day. Grand National was planned before the wedding. To move the wedding to the 9th caused less hassle than to move it for 2 weeks or 3 weeks later.

However I don't see why the solar eclipse has any bearing on any days you mention? Does it make William a better man? Did someone kill Pope John Paul so he'd specifically have a funeral on a solar eclipse? Makes no sense but plain coincidence.

Maybe Pope John stopped his own heart so he would die on a certain day.

Ordinary people might not care. But we are talking about the British Royal Family, whose members are famous for their interests in Astrology or Religion.

Just found out that Duchess of Cambridge was born on January 9, 1982, which was a lunar eclipse day. So husband was on a day solar eclipsed, and wife was born on a day lunar eclipsed. What a couple!!!

I think this astrological stuff should bein its own topic, rather than the topic of the program about Prince William at 30.

anbrida said:
Ordinary people might not care. But we are talking about the British Royal Family, whose members are famous for their interests in Astrology or Religion.

Just found out that Duchess of Cambridge was born on January 9, 1982, which was a lunar eclipse day. So husband was on a day solar eclipsed, and wife was born on a day lunar eclipsed. What a couple!!!

Who said the BRF has an interest in astrology? Or even religion for that matter? Is it another book?

Because that book is reliable.

A quote from Buckingham Palace, a bit more reliable;
"Buckingham Palace would not comment on any specific claims, and said Diana did not co-operate with the biography in any way whatsoever."

Excuse me? The wedding was supposedly chosen as the 8th over the 9th because the Grand National was on that day. Grand National was planned before the wedding. To move the wedding to the 9th caused less hassle than to move it for 2 weeks or 3 weeks later.

However I don't see why the solar eclipse has any bearing on any days you mention? Does it make William a better man? Did someone kill Pope John Paul so he'd specifically have a funeral on a solar eclipse? Makes no sense but plain coincidence.

Excuse me? Why it must be 2 or 3 weeks later? Why not next Monday, Tuesday, ...

Who says someone kill Pope John Paul. If is his fate, or you can say God's will. About his funeral, it was indeed chosen by PEOPLE in the church, ON PURPOSE.

Last edited:
anbrida said:
Excuse me? Why it must be 2 or 3 weeks later? Why not next Monday, Tuesday, ...

Who says someone kill Pope John Paul. If is his fate, or you can say God's will. About his funeral, it was indeed chosen by PEOPLE in the church, ON PURPOSE.

Like I've already said moving it 4 days after the initial wedding date would affect a lot of things, such as the attendance of guests, the wedding venue, the food booked, the cancelled engagements of members of the royal family if they moved it to Monday or Tuesday. It was easy to move it one day.

And exactly how can you prove that date was chosen for the funeral for the specific reason of it coincided with an eclipse? Or is it just another rumour?

Your explanation just explains why Charles would have not chosen 9th April, but
does not explain why he chose 8th April. Except for 9th April, there are still bunch of days in April, or he could even choose another month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom