The Duke of Cambridge's 30th Birthday - Documentaries, Articles, etc: June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, those are great pictures Daria, thank you. Its really nice to see how William has grown through the years. Its hard to believe that he is 30. It seems like only yeaterday that he was a young boy and his mom was in the news. I remember seeing him on the tele either skiing or doing something with his mom. Amazing how fast the years go by.

I feel the same way. I'm around his age, so in a way, it's kind of like growing up and observing him having experiences that are similar to mine (such as graduating secondary school, starting university, graduating from university). I remember when I watched him walk behind his mother's coffin, I thought that he was a very strong person. In the midst of grief, he was able to pull through and do what's expected. I also remember thinking that if I were in his shoes, I would not have been able to do that.

I feel the same way. I'm around his age, so in a way, it's kind of like growing up and observing him having experiences that are similar to mine (such as graduating secondary school, starting university, graduating from university). I remember when I watched him walk behind his mother's coffin, I thought that he was a very strong person. In the midst of grief, he was able to pull through and do what's expected. I also remember thinking that if I were in his shoes, I would not have been able to do that.
I totally agree with you. I still remember that day, it's increible that he had 30 years, I see him like that boy boy of 15 years old boy.
of course he is a man now

Yes, you would. There is strenth to be found in protocoll and discipline.

Well I would think even though you grow up with protocol and discipline being his age when all that happened and everything he went through the emotions going through him must have been intense and for all we know he might have lashed out behind closed doors maybe cryed and let out the anger and pain that was within him. But if you are saying he held up in public then yes, he did the best he could do. Frankly I think he was numb and in shock. Thats why I think there wasnt much emotion when seen in public.

Well I would think even though you grow up with protocol and discipline being his age when all that happened and everything he went through the emotions going through him must have been intense and for all we know he might have lashed out behind closed doors maybe cryed and let out the anger and pain that was within him. But if you are saying he held up in public then yes, he did the best he could do. Frankly I think he was numb and in shock. Thats why I think there wasnt much emotion when seen in public.

That's exactly what I meant and I should have explained myself better. Thank you. I have no doubt that he was in shock and probably didn't want to deal with the emotions that came with losing his mother and pushed it to the back of his head.

Exactly. I understood what you were trying to say. We are on the same page. :)

nice video on William @30
I hope they get to enjoy as much normality as they can it will be better in the long run for both their relationship and Williams eventual role as monarch.

Prince William plans 'low-key and private' birthday celebration as he prepares for future role as King
More than 300 friends and family were invited to an African-themed birthday bash at Windsor Castle to mark Prince William's 21st. But palace officials have announced that the Duke of Cambridge will be keeping celebrations 'low-key' and 'private' as he turns 30 tomorrow. It has been rumoured that his wife Kate, who marked the milestone in January, was planning a party to remember and had enlisted the help of friend and London club owner Guy Pelly.

William in pix from the Telegraph. My favourite is him trying to climb the steps
:flowers:

Prince William in pictures - Telegraph

I've never seen the picture where he's trying to climb the steps. How precious :wub:. Great gallery.

Another picture gallery - this time from Hello

Prince William at 30: The boy who would be king - hellomagazine.com

#23 is a bit special!

This was another great set of pictures. He has a smile that can light up the entire room.

I think they will celebrate at Highgrove house in Gloucestershire!

If I'm correct, there is a new portrait in this weeks Hello! to mark William's birthday. Very similar to the engagement picture and Catherine is in a lovely black suit.

Attachments

• image-2793866886.jpg
    image-2793866886.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
If I'm correct, there is a new portrait in this weeks Hello! to mark William's birthday. Very similar to the engagement picture and Catherine is in a lovely black suit.

this is their official tour portrait for their trip to Canada and US

It was yes. Shame we haven't had a new one for this occasion.

I miss the days when the BRF would issue new pictures for big birthdays as well as foreign trips.

I think now that we see pictures of the Royals so often thanks to the media's interest in them, the Palace probably feel there would be no need to go to the expense of getting a new official photo taken and released.

Perhaps W&K didn't want to sit for another photograph...they're kind o' like that. I don't mind, as they certainly do get a lot of exposure.

Whatever happened to the portrait of Kate that was supposed to be a gift to William ? -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom