The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-09-2018, 01:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I agree Zairia that it is important and necessary for the members of the BRF to be seen around the nation and not limit themselves to London or its nearby cities. I am aware that they do engagements throughout the country, but unfortunately national media coverage is often limited to a select few.
Anne, Charles and co do many engagements outside of the home counties, but the KP set rarely does and they are the media focus.

Of course, politically/socially the home counties are an understandable focus, but I am hoping for wider travel as they settle into full-time roles. William has certainly been getting out into the country more the past year.

Old 09-11-2018, 04:21 AM
Majesty

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Published on 7 Sep 2018

Prince William donned a pair of virtual reality goggles to watch a classical music performance as he visited PROTO:

The Emerging Technology Centre, which is dedicated to testing and creating new digital solutions for future business challenges.

The Duke met with businesses using the centre, and saw demonstrations of how new technologies, such as motion capture and augmented reality are being used by different sectors.

After the visit the Prince described his VR experience as "really cool

Prince William visits Sage Music Centre

Old 09-12-2018, 05:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
In tonight’s episode DIY SOS Grenfell, Prince William paid another visit to the site of the community centre where he met Nabil, who lost several members of his family in the blaze.

The royal told Nabil: “I can only imagine what you’ve had to go through, you and your family, it’s truly horrendous.”

“Having the support it’s been really bad and it’s been really slow and not everyone is getting the support they should be getting,” Nabil revealed, leaving Prince William stunned.

The 36-year-old asked: “In which areas? What areas is the support lacking in?” “Fighting back tears, Nabil told him: “On the mental side and physical side.

“It’s just very, it’s a very hard process and hopefully with guidance and support, I’m not saying it will solve problems, but I saw what happened.”

“The shock is still probably enormous,” Prince William replied taking Nabil’s hand in his own.

“I hope that what is happening here is a sign that there are a lot of people in your community who care and want to help and this will be a lasting legacy toward that support.

“I know those are just words to you but there are a lot of people who care about what has happened to this community and want it to get better.”

He continued: “I hope it bring you some kind of solace “You stay strong, it really means a lot to meet you.”

Viewers were left in tears by the moment which showed Prince William very much involved with the project and wanting to know about Nabil was coping.

“Look at that though, he’s just a genuinely good bloke. #DIYSOS,” one viewer wrote.

Another added: “For god sake prince William. Anyone got any tissues #DIYSOS.”

A third shared: “Prince William once again showing he’s just a thoroughly decent, compassionate human. Wonderful to see. #diysos @DIYSOS.”
Read more: DIY SOS Grenfell: Prince William leaves viewers in tears with heartbreaking gesture
Old 09-13-2018, 07:05 AM
Majesty

The Duke of Cambridge is in London today with the ambassador and Deputy PM of Japan.

Video

A speech by The Duke of Cambridge at the Opening of Japan House, London
Old 09-13-2018, 09:12 AM
Administrator

Here are some photos of the opening of the Japan House in London today, as well as an article:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

** dailymail: Just like his grandfather! William makes a gaffe worthy of Prince Philip as he asks schoolchildren if they like Chinese food..**
Old 09-13-2018, 11:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh no. Must be embarrassing to have every "brain fart" recorded for posterity. Good thing he caught his mistake and rectified it quickly.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Very embarrassing, but unlike his grandfather, at least he recognized that he had misspoken and made an effort to correct himself. On the scale of shocking verbal flubs this one seems fairly minor.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:43 AM
Majesty

Prince William shows off his chopstick skills at Japan cultural centre

Old 09-13-2018, 02:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

oops!
Chinese...Japanese...
It happens to us all
Old 09-13-2018, 04:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Unprofessional and ignorant. Not a good look.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:29 PM
Majesty

When you watch the video, it’s pretty harmless. The children at the table are neither Chinese nor Japanese. William corrected himself immediately, and it was a very successful visit.

It’s not like a few months ago when the U.K. Foreign secretary introduced his Chinese wife, as Japanese, to a room full of dignitaries from Japan.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:36 AM
Majesty

Prince William visits Acorns Children's Hospice in Birmingham The hospice was opened 30 years ago by HRH’s mother, Diana, Princess of Wales

Old 09-18-2018, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Here are some more photos of the hospice visit:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery ** rex gallery **

** dailymail: Following in her footsteps: Poignant moment William is pictured in the exact same spot his late mother stood in..**
Old 09-19-2018, 11:09 AM
Majesty

Some quotes from William’s visit to Acorns Hospice.

It was a delight to have Prince William here today. He took so much time to speak to patients, staff and parents. He asked about our roles here and how we help the children. He was fantastic with everyone.

- Lindsay Homer, head nurse at Acorns Hospice

I’m the proudest mum in the world. Not only that but Prince William said ‘Come on mum, get your phone out and take a photo!’ which was so lovely!”

- Sarah Green

He had so much time for us. Esther had an eight-hour operation just last week and he asked how she’s getting on which was so nice. We also had some banter about football because I’m a Liverpool fan and my family are all Villa. He said as long as Prince George doesn’t end up supporting Chelsea he’ll be happy!

- Michael Robinson

Prince William was just genuine and lovely. He spent a lot of time with us, asking about Esther and her condition and how much we rely on Acorns as parents. He’s such a lovely man. You can tell he just really cares.

- Claire Robinson, whose daughter Esther has been coming to Acorns for the past 15 years

I’m bursting with pride, it was such a massive honour and he was just so down to earth. He asked about the facilities and how I’m getting on. It’s just been a great day I’ll never ever forget.

- Bradley Addison, Acorns Hospice ambassador
Old 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Unprofessional and ignorant. Not a good look.
I love it! It shows that "they" are human, too! And there was nothing "ignorant" about it at all!
Hope for yourself that you always get things proper, accurate and right...!
Old 10-08-2018, 07:31 AM
Majesty

The Duke of Cambridge will attend the World Premiere of Peter Jackson's 'They Shall Not Grow Old' at the #LFF⁠ ⁠on Tuesday 16th October. #TheyShallNotGrowOld

'They Shall Not Grow Old', co-commissioned by @I_W_M and @1418NOW, uses groundbreaking methods to provide a new understanding of the human experience of life at the front during #WW1 #TheyShallNotGrowOld

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

https://twitter.com/kensingtonroyal/...255916545?s=21

https://twitter.com/kensingtonroyal/...417430016?s=21
Old 10-08-2018, 07:07 PM
Majesty

The Duke of Cambridge this afternoon received the Rt Hon Michael Gove MP (Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs)

- Court Circular ll 8 October 2018
Old 10-10-2018, 07:06 AM
Administrator

The Duke of Cambridge met the President of Gabon Ali Bongo Ondimba for a bilateral meeting at Buckingham Palace today, October 10:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 10-10-2018, 08:07 PM
Majesty

The Duke of Cambridge received The President of the Gabonese Republic at Buckingham Palace this morning.

His Royal Highness received The President of the Republic of Botswana at Buckingham Palace this afternoon.

- Court Circular || 10 October 2018
Old 10-11-2018, 10:27 AM
Administrator

The Duke of Cambridge met the President of Uganda Yoweri Museveni at Buckingham Palace on October 11:

** gettyimages gallery **

Tags
current events, duke of cambridge, prince william