The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 3: July 2018 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The homeless have been a forgotten part of people who are struggling in this pandemic so I'm glad that William visited the shelter today.

He's his mother's son isn't he. What an admirable young man he is: no condescension, no judgements, no ignorant questions. He's learned a lot about homelessness over the years and understands the complexities around the causes and how difficult it is for many people to secure a proper home.

The Duke of Cambridge was in Belfast today, September 9, to meet members of the NI Fire and Rescue Service, NI Ambulance Service, Coastguard and PSNI to mark Emergency Services 999 Day.

** rex gallery **

Good to see the Duke in Belfast today.

Now that the school holidays are over, I suspect Catherine will be seen in public soon.

Prince William: A Planet For Us All

The Duke of Cambridge will be in the ITV documentary Prince William: A Planet For Us All, where he will be on his "extraordinary journey to champion global action on conservation and climate change".

This documentary will be released in this October on ITV and @ITVHub

Looking forward to watch this

He just went hunting recently and flew arrived by private plane.

It's hard to take him seriously.

He just went hunting recently and flew arrived by private plane.

It's hard to take him seriously.

Might there be some slight difference in the conservation of protected species of wildlife and hunting the more abundant animals?

A well managed hunt/shoot can actually be good for the environment as is much better than the cullings that the council otherwise might have to do. Obviously area dependent and not applicable to rare species.

However use of private jets my famous people who are champions of climate change IS an ongoing problem. I'm willing to give the BRF a pass on official business and security but it's a much greyer area for private trips.

A well managed hunt/shoot can actually be good for the environment as is much better than the cullings that the council otherwise might have to do. Obviously area dependent and not applicable to rare species.

My commnet was entirely tongue-in-cheek! :flowers:

Might there be some slight difference in the conservation of protected species of wildlife and hunting the more abundant animals?
No. The Duke of Cambridge has over many years spoken of his passion for protecting the natural environment not only now but for future generations to come.
They hypocrisy of William and lots of other royals has been nicely noted in this article by Piers Morgan
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...andringham-hypocrisy-makes-stomach-churn.html

It's a wonder why Piers Morgan or DM didn't mention anything about David Attenborough. I mean, can you imagine the total carbon footprint from his expeditions and production of his documentaries? I'm pretty sure most of his destination don't have commercial flight going there. And he keeps preaching about climate change and conversation, doesn't he?

It's a wonder why Piers Morgan or DM didn't mention anything about David Attenborough. I mean, can you imagine the total carbon footprint from his expeditions and production of his documentaries? I'm pretty sure most of his destination don't have commercial flight going there. And he keeps preaching about climate change and conversation, doesn't he?

Yes, David Attenborough has more so recently (in the last couple of years, I would say) preached about climate change. Piers Morgan has mentioned about David Attenborough on twitter, but it's about attacking Extinction Rebellion's blockage of newspaper publishing site.

From Google search, I haven't seen Piers Morgan "going attacks on" David Attenborough. The main reason I think is that his conservation documentary work earlier outweighs the carbon footprints and "preaching" about climate change.

Daily Mail has mentioned about David Attenborough. The "Best Rated" comments did criticise him for "virtual signalling" and "scaremongering", whilst travelling the world releasing carbon footprint.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ins-Instagram-aged-94-warn-world-trouble.html
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...arning-one-million-worlds-species-threat.html

Don't get me wrong, I'm recently turned off by Prince Charles, Prince William, Prince Harry, David Attenborough and other celebrities when they preached about climate change and conservation, whilst travelling in private jets (or in some cases shooting).

Last edited:
If only climate change and conservation issue is as simple as taking private jet and grouse hunting ...

If the only people who has a right to talk about climate change or working in conservation is one who has no "sin" of that, then nobody can. None of us have zero carbon footprint.

Where environment NGO like say, WWF get their money? Ppl with enough money to spare for them are mostly come from industrial sector which contribute huge number of carbon emission. Remember, JC was president of WWF Spain? And it's naive (and stupid) to believe that their higher up or their employee/members are free from private jetting or high-carbon-vacation. So is it means that the members and WWF in general no longer have right to contribute in saving nature?

Surprisingly, the highest contributor of carbon emission is not private jetting, but food and energy industry.
Worldwide, humans waste one of every three food calories produced. These wasted calories are enough to feed three billion people—10 times the population of the United States, more than twice that of China, and more than three times the total number of malnourished globally. Wasted food represents about 8% of global greenhouse gas emissions, and is a main contributor to deforestation and the depletion of global water sources.
That's only from waste food. There's also from production (farm waste, plantation with no natural water source), transportation (worse if it's imported), and so on until it arrives on our table.

Really, I was once gone through "Greta stage" (vegan since I was 8, planted vegetables on my parents' backyard, refuse to drive until 25, preaching, boycotting and such). But then there's something called feasibility and practicability.
Let's take overproduction in food industry for example. It happens because they need to raise their revenue to give pay raise for their employee so they can buy food. See the complication?
So I make peace with circumstance and instead of nitpicking someone, I'll salute and appreciate their effort or even mere attempt to contribute in saving nature.

I've just watched the programme, and I thought it was great - both William and Kate came across very well. William was obviously quite sincere about everything he was saying, and he was so good with all the children. ITV also made the very good point that he's got a university degree in geography, so he does know what he's talking about when it comes to issues like glaciers shrinking. And he wasn't preachy.

I've just watched the programme, and I thought it was great - both William and Kate came across very well. William was obviously quite sincere about everything he was saying, and he was so good with all the children. ITV also made the very good point that he's got a university degree in geography, so he does know what he's talking about when it comes to issues like glaciers shrinking. And he wasn't preachy.

I have an accounting degree, yet that does not make me an accountant or even legitimate in commerce/accounting.

The issue with those who support climate change are the very ones who probably have one of the largest carbon footprints. It's one of those topics where the privileged need to tread carefully because most do not practice what they preach. Prince William and Catherine, at the very least, support those who are far more knowledgeable than themselves. Unlike so many others in the public eye

I have an accounting degree, yet that does not make me an accountant or even legitimate in commerce/accounting.

The issue with those who support climate change are the very ones who probably have one of the largest carbon footprints. It's one of those topics where the privileged need to tread carefully because most do not practice what they preach. Prince William and Catherine, at the very least, support those who are far more knowledgeable than themselves. Unlike so many others in the public eye

I do agree though William has been on hunting trips before and takes private jets. So he's not innocent in that respect.

The Duke of Cambridge talked to two business owners from the hospitality sector in Liverpool today, October 19, "to hear more about the challenges they have faced as a result of the coronavirus pandemic":

** Pic **

The Duke of Cambridge will be featured on the front cover of the December edition of Majesty Magazine. It has the heading "Monarch in the Making"
Majesty/Joe Little @MajestyMagazine
The December issue of @MajestyMagazine is on the way to subscribers, but again there will be a considerable delay with delivery in the US because of the pandemic restrictions. On line tomorrow; on sale in the UK from 19 November. Mail order: https://calmproductions.com/majesty-current-issue
9:13 PM · Nov 16, 2020·Twitter Web App​

The Duke of Cambridge talked to Anti Bullying Pro Ambassadors yesterday to mark Anti Bullying Week:

** Pic ** Video **

Prince William offers congratulations to Oxford researchers.

https://people.com/royals/prince-wi...twitter.com&utm_term=5fbbd32939486a00018991d3

Well done, I’m so pleased for all of you, I really am. I saw it in everyone’s faces back in June how much time and effort was going into this, and I could see that there was a lot of pressure on everyone, so I’m so thrilled that you’ve cracked it – so really well done," he said. William, 38, spoke with Professor Andy Pollard, Professor of Paediatric Infection and Immunity, Professor Sarah Gilbert, Professor of Vaccinology, and Professor Louise Richardson, Vice-Chancellor of Oxford University about the vaccine, created alongside AstraZeneca. The researchers told the prince how the vaccine — found to be up to 90% effective — is based on decades of in-depth research and will be transformational in the next six months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom