The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-26-2019, 11:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Very pleased seeing the royals so openly supportive. It is important having people of their profile doing this. Well done.

Old 06-26-2019, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'm really glad that the Cambridges are supporting The Albert Kennedy Trust - a very worthwhile and sadly relevant cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I agree. As much as the British royal family has done good works and promoted issues that affect the people, it was Diana that paved the way for her sons to grow up aware of the lesser known and lesser covered issues that affect so many people in different ways. Charles, with his Prince's Trust made great inroads into supporting and assisting those less fortunate but it also took William and Harry the experience of "getting down and getting dirty" involvement to really hit it home.

We're seeing the best of both parents in William now when he steps out and gets involved and interacts with causes such as The Albert Kennedy Trust.
I agree - in a time where people were even too afraid to be near an AIDs patient in hospital, Diana's actions when she visited them were groundbreaking, really, and seemed to change the public's attitude towards sufferers of the disease and indeed understand more about how the disease works. It's no surprise that the Cambridges are also, rightfully, supporting LGBT+ causes and charities.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-27-2019, 02:48 AM

Great to see younger royals supporting LGBT community.

What irks me are the commentators who say this is a divisive issue and that William should stay silent.

I love it when people hide their dislike of gays under faux pretence for the divisive issues in the society.
Old 06-27-2019, 03:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Hardly surprised people are saying that. When the Sussexes highlighted this organization along with others for Pride Month their account was filled with that nonsense. So it was expected people would also have strong opinions about William going to the center. Oh well. Personally I am thrilled the royal family are being supportive. They should be.
Old 06-27-2019, 03:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 26th June:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Cambridge this morning officially opened the Albert Kennedy Trust new Services Centre at Unit B Sawmill Studios, 19-21 Parr Street, London N1, and was received by Lieutenant Colonel Roderick Morriss (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).
Old 06-28-2019, 04:36 AM
Majesty

The Duke of Cambridge this afternoon visited Duchy of Cornwall properties in Somerset.

COURT CIRCULAR || 27 JUNE 2019
Old 06-28-2019, 05:22 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
The Duke of Cambridge this afternoon visited Duchy of Cornwall properties in Somerset.

COURT CIRCULAR || 27 JUNE 2019
It is very clear that William is spending a considerable amount of time preparing to become Prince of Wales.
Old 06-28-2019, 06:19 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
It is very clear that William is spending a considerable amount of time preparing to become Prince of Wales.
I was wondering if this has gone on for some time but is now been given a higher public profile or is it a fairly recent development.

Both Charles and William appear to be stepping up the preparation for the next role.
Old 06-28-2019, 06:56 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
I was wondering if this has gone on for some time but is now been given a higher public profile or is it a fairly recent development.

Both Charles and William appear to be stepping up the preparation for the next role.
You are right, I think this has been gradually building up over the years, and is only now being shared publicly. In the case of William, the first outward sign was in 2014(?) when it was disclosed that he was to do a short course at Cambridge University in Land Management or a related course.
Old 06-28-2019, 06:58 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I also wonder if he'll start doing some of his father's work on the Duchy, given that Charles is increasingly taking on work from Her Maj.
Old 06-28-2019, 07:06 AM
Majesty

Since October 2018 this is the 7th Court Circular entry for William in regards to the Duchy of Cornwall although he’s been in the loop for years
Old 06-28-2019, 07:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Since October 2018 this is the 7th Court Circular entry for William in regards to the Duchy of Cornwall although he’s been in the loop for years
That is interesting.
I do not mean to be morbid but these meetings could all be below the radar, it is like the country is being prepared for change.
Historically George v1 was unprepared for the role because nobody expected his brother to abdicate. Then HM herself was a young married mum of two young children who thought she would have a number of years as a wife and mother before the throne.
Preparation is the key word here.
Old 06-28-2019, 08:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
That is interesting.
I do not mean to be morbid but these meetings could all be below the radar, it is like the country is being prepared for change.
Historically George v1 was unprepared for the role because nobody expected his brother to abdicate. Then HM herself was a young married mum of two young children who thought she would have a number of years as a wife and mother before the throne.
Actually, I think its the modus operandi of the British monarchy to think ahead and plan ahead for whatever may come. I don't think its morbid at all but like you said, its preparation for the future.

We tend to think of things in relation to the monarchy in the here and now and sometimes see no rhyme or reason why things go the way they do but if we really look at it, its setting the stage for the next reign and the Queen is very good at getting all her ducks in a row. I think it gives her a lot of peace of mind to know that when the time does come, it'll be a smooth transition all the way around. That's how much she deeply loves the job she is here to do.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 07-01-2019, 09:12 AM
Majesty

Quote:
That is interesting.
HM was not unprepared for the Crown, they all thought she would have time to establish her life as a Navy wife and a young mother. As we all know things change.

As to her on-the-job training, well her "Home Schooling" included the best minds of the UK's finest universities. She was schooled in the the UK's foreign policy, the foreign policies of the Empire, etc. the intricacies of the UK's domestic policies, and the role of the Monarch in relation to the government and its PM.

Unprepared? I would say no. The only thing she lacked was experience
Old 07-02-2019, 08:30 PM
Majesty

The Duke of Cambridge this morning visited Woodberry Wetlands, Lordship Road, New River Path, Woodberry Down, London N16.

The Duke of Cambridge this afternoon visited Sir John Cass Foundation Primary School, St James’ Passage, Duke’s Place, London EC3.

- COURT CIRCULAR || 2 JULY 2019
Old 08-30-2019, 08:50 AM
Majesty

On Monday 9th September - #999Day - The Duke of Cambridge will visit The Fire Fighters Charity @Firefighters999’s Harcombe House centre in Devon to hear about the support that it provides to members of the UK’s fire and rescue services and their families.

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

https://twitter.com/kensingtonroyal/...125632512?s=21
Old 09-08-2019, 01:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Also related to emergency workers is William's support for a national monument to honor those who died while performing their duties.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ial-emergency/

Quote:
The Duke told The Telegraph: “As a society, we owe our wellbeing, and indeed our lives, to the men and women in our emergency services who work tirelessly to protect us in some of the most difficult circumstances. It is only fitting that we should recognise the vital role that they play, and pay tribute to the bravery and dedication of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for their communities.”
Old 09-08-2019, 01:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I love this. What I love most about it is that any royal could have stood up there and said the same words but with William, one knows he knows exactly what he's talking about as he's been there, done that and proudly wore the uniform of SAR and EAAA. He's speaking from experience.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 09-08-2019, 02:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes Osipi with William's experience working as an emergency care provider, he certainly knows the risks, challenges and rewards for this demanding career.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:10 AM
Administrator

The Duke of Cambridge paid a visit to the Fire Fighters Charity's Harcombe House centre in Chudleigh today, September 9:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

** dm article: Cheeky chappies! Prince William is almost upstaged by a pair of lively schoolboys..**

Tags
current events, duke of cambridge, prince william