The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 2: January 2014 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Royal Family @RoyalFamily
Congratulations to double Tour de France winning cyclist @chrisfroome #OBE, honoured by The Duke of Cambridge today!

https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/status/731099134711767041

Also today, The Duke visited the Passage charity

Prince William took a trip down memory lane on Friday as he visited a homeless charity in Victoria, London. The Duke of Cambridge last visited The Passage some 23 years ago when he was a young boy, accompanying his late mother Princess Diana on her engagement.

William, 33, was presented with a special gift – a framed photograph of himself, Diana and his brother Harry taken in 1994. This was the second time that the Prince had visited the charity as a youngster. His first visit was in 1993.
Read more: Prince William returns to homeless charity that Princess Diana showed him as a child

Last edited:
Video:
Prince William has taken a trip down memory lane today, visiting a homeless charity in London, 23 years after being taken there with his mother, the late Princess Diana. The Duke of Cambridge met staff and people at The Passage, before unveiling a plaque commemorating the opening of its new refurbished premises.
Home - ITNSource News

The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 2: January 2014

The gentleman is Kuwait's security chief

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:
Minister of the interior and nephew of the current Emir of Kuwait.

Minister of the interior and nephew of the current Emir of Kuwait.

Interesting meeting and interesting that it was in the CC. But completely valid in his role. It's impossible to read correct meaning into this. Hmmmmmm

Interesting meeting and interesting that it was in the CC. But completely valid in his role. It's impossible to read correct meaning into this. Hmmmmmm
To me it seems like a clear case of royal meeting official. A sheikh with government position visiting UK, need a royal to say hi and show respect, William got the job. That's a big part of their job.

Last edited:

i think he has been doing it all along - they are just putting those things in the cc to highlight

This is the sort of thing that makes up a large percentage of Charles' engagements for years - and also Andrew's. Now William is getting in on the list of those who receive visiting officials - presidents, prime ministers and other diplomats. This is what these men have always done. Nothing surprising that William is also adding to this list of things for him (I would love to see what they are saying on the anti-William forums where they say that he always stuffs up when he meets with officials and yet here once again we see evidence that the government and the Queen think William is able to do the diplomatic stuff as well).

That sort of diplomatic doublespeak can be learned, and you don't have to be particularly intelligent to excel at it. In fact it's probably better if you are not overly intelligent if you have to live your life in that world. William, as Charles and Andrew before him - and Anne, too - would have been exposed to the language of diplomacy all their lives and would have absorbed the basics of the skill by osmosis, and would have also had specific instruction from experts in later years, and it should be second nature to them by their 30s, so I hope William can manage to converse for an hour or so with other diplomats who have all been schooled in the same doublespeak and also be able to deflect potentially difficult subjects should they arise.

Courtl Circular

Cepe Smith @CepeSmith

CC17/5 DofCambs attended the Inaugural Meeting of Royal Foundation Taskforce on the Prevention of Cyberbullying.
Catherine and H not there.

Last edited:
Hmmm looks like he is a yoga guy...I'm betting he does it on a regular basis.

Founders Forum ‏@Founders_Forum
Delighted to welcome The Duke of Cambridge to #FFLondon this June! @brenthoberman @henrylf @PoppyGaye

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duke will speak @founders_forum on 16 June, a network event for leading digital and tech entrepreneurs

The Duke was invited to speak to @Founders_Forum about the CyberBullying Taskforce:

https://www.royal.uk/duke-cambridge-launches-cyberbullying-taskforce

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 2h2 hours ago
A couple more duties for William: he met Commonwealth governors-general and then attended a Royal Foundation dinner last night.

Meeting Commonwealth governors-general and becoming a member of the Privy Council are significant steps for William.

Meeting Commonwealth governors-general and becoming a member of the Privy Council are significant steps for William.

Yup- he's clearly ramping up into a role as a full time royal. He'll leave his air ambulance job when his contract is up, and I believe that's in March?

When these young royals get involved in issues like mental health, they leave no stone unturned and are really striving to cover all the different areas that can cause serious mental issues.

Although over the past two decades there have been great strides forward in acceptance of any individual's right to express themselves however they deem fit, there still remains a lot of stigma and bias towards the LGBT community in general. Having the Duke of Cambridge openly and publicly speak out sets a wonderful example that we all should follow and I heartedly applaud William for doing this.

:rainbow:

Prince William Becomes the First Royal to Appear on a Gay Magazine Cover
Speaking in the issue, William said: “No one should be bullied for their sexuality or any other reason and no one should have to put up with the kind of hate that these young people have endured in their lives. The young gay, lesbian and transgender individuals I met through Attitude are truly brave to speak out and to give hope to people who are going through terrible bullying right now. Their sense of strength and optimism should give us all encouragement to stand up to bullying wherever we see it.

“What I would say to any young person reading this who’s being bullied for their sexuality: don’t put up with it—speak to a trusted adult, a friend, a teacher, Childline, Diana Award or some other service and get the help you need. You should be proud of the person you are and you have nothing to be ashamed of.”
A Kensington Palace spokesperson added of William’s landmark cover and partnership with Attitude : "[Prince William] knows that LGBT young people suffer unacceptably high rates of bullying and he was grateful to Attitude for facilitating such a serious conversation on this topic. He was moved by the stories he heard and impressed by the positivity and courage of the people he met."[/QUOT]
Read more: Prince William Becomes the First Royal to Appear on a Gay Magazine Cover

so his appearance on the magazine was planned, or a result of the attacks in orlando? my guess is, from what other posters are saying, that it was planned, and coincidentally was scheduled to be this week.

It's been planned for months, I think William chose to speak about it yesterday for obvious reasons.

Obviously planned. The meeting and photographing was in may. It's not like they could have planned, shot and printed it in 2 days or so. The timing was just very poignant.

.@Founders_Forum #FFLondon brings together a network of the best, brightest and most inspirational digital entrepreneurs, CEOs and investors

.@Founders_Forum #FFLondon brings together a network of the best, brightest and most inspirational digital entrepreneurs, CEOs and investors

The Duke is @Founders_Forum #ffLondon to speak to leading digital & technology entrepreneurs about #cyberbullying

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal

The Duke is @Founders_Forum #ffLondon to speak to leading digital & technology entrepreneurs about #cyberbullying

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom