The Duke of Cambridge Charities and Patronages 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Way to keep it classy Daily Mail....?

Did the article even mention that William is the patron of the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Prince William is also Honorary Air Commandant of Royal Air Force Coningsby. 29 Reserve Squadron is celebrating their 100th anniversary today and William was there to take the royal salute.

The airman who took HRH Prince William up into the air in a Chipmunk aircraft has described him as a natural pilot.

The Duke of Cambridge enjoyed panoramic views over Lincolnshire as he flew at 3,000ft in the two-seater vintage RAF plane from RAF Coningsby.

He even took over the controls from Squadron Leader Duncan Mason, Officer Commanding the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.

And the Chipmunk was joined in mid-air by a BBMF Spitfire flown by Flight Lieutenant Antony Parkinson.

Climbing out of the cockpit after touch down, the Duke, who is Patron of BBMF, and an air ambulance pilot following his stint with the RAF Search and Rescue Force, said: "It was very good."

Mr Mason said it was an "absolute privilege".

"The great thing is that he is a pilot already and he just naturally eased into it," he said.

"What was apparent is that he is a helicopter pilot, which is very much stick and rudder and you could tell he was very much at ease with flying the aircraft.

:p

Prince William enjoyed a “dirty story” with a Battle of Britain veteran during a visit to Lincolnshire for the campaign’s 75 anniversary.

Former Spitfire flier Ken Wilkinson, one of the pilots famously dubbed the "few" by Winston Churchill, chatted to the Duke of Cambridge before admitting: “I’m under instruction not to tell dirty stories”. Undeterred, William asked him to tell the story he had planned.

Later the former wartime pilot recounted his story. In it, a man called Joe becomes the captain of his local golf club and insists on only being referred to by his new title.

At the end of a celebratory dinner to mark his new position, the man goes home undresses and gets into bed with his wife, announcing himself as “the captain”.

She replies: “You have to be quick – Joe will be home soon.”
Read more: Prince William told 'dirty story' by Battle of Britain veteran at commemoration event | UK | News | London Evening Standard

Bwahahahah! Absolutely priceless :ROFLMAO: :D.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Right?! :D I bet William enjoys a dirty story as much as the next guy! :p That "incident" reminds me of the time when someone cursed in the presence of the Queen and got really embarressed but the Queen said something along the lines of "I have a family full of sailors, I've heard worse" :p

That was a pretty good joke.

Right?! :D I bet William enjoys a dirty story as much as the next guy! :p That "incident" reminds me of the time when someone cursed in the presence of the Queen and got really embarressed but the Queen said something along the lines of "I have a family full of sailors, I've heard worse" :p

I'm sure she has, and she's got grandkids too, who I'm sure occasionally slip up. I know that when I'm nervous about saying the wrong thing, it comes out anyway, and then I just say something else that's inappropriate in away of frustration, and it turns into a big, embarrassing mess. Good to know Her Majesty has no issues about putting people at ease.

LOL!! What a great little joke. Got to remember that one for the Parents. :)

Wasn't it... "I am the Daughter, Wife, Mother and Grandmother of Sailors. Why it's assumed I have never heard a single swear word in my life, I will never understand!!" At least that how it was in one of my many books I have.

I'm embaressed to say I didn't understand it :p

He'd just been promoted Captain, but didn't have a chance to let his Wife know about it before getting home. So when he got into bed and announced the Captain was there... :D

Hope that cleared it up for you. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Anti-Bullying Pro ‏@AntiBullyingPro
Tonight at 9pm our Anti-Bullying training with HRH Prince William is featured on @BBCR1's #BullyingSpecial with @gemcairn @DrRadhaModgil

Anti-Bullying Pro ‏@AntiBullyingPro

Tonight at 9pm our Anti-Bullying training with HRH Prince William is featured on @BBCR1's #BullyingSpecial with @gemcairn @DrRadhaModgil

Wish this could be used for teacher workshops here in the States.

The widow of a Royal Navy officer took the chance to say thank you in person to the Duke of Cambridge for sending her family a "touching" letter of condolence when her husband was shot on a nuclear submarine.

Gillian Molyneux, from Wigan, described the Submariners' Remembrance Service and Parade in central London as an "emotional" day for her family.

Her husband Lieutenant Commander Ian Molyneux, 36, was killed by Able Seaman Ryan Donovan while HMS Astute was docked in Southampton in 2011.
Read more: Prince William's touching letter to family of murdered Wigan Navy hero | Granada - ITV News

Prince William attends Submariners' Remembrance - ITV News

Submariners’ Remembrance Service and Parade | Royal Navy

Video:
The widow of a Royal Navy officer took the chance to say thank you in person to the Duke of Cambridge for sending her family a "touching" letter of condolence when her husband was shot on a nuclear submarine. Gillian Molyneux, 41, described the Submariners' Remembrance Service and Parade in central London as an "emotional" day for her family. William joined around 400 serving and veteran submariners at the annual open air ceremony-

Home - ITNSource News

Prince William told the widow of a murdered Naval officer‎ to give her children 'big hugs' from him today after she thanked him for writing a private letter of condolence to them.

‎Gillian Molyneux, whose husband Lt Cdr Ian Molyneux, was shot dead when a Royal Navy junior rating went on the rampage on the nuclear submarine HMS Astute in 2011, revealed how William sent his note of sympathy to her just over a week before his wedding in April 2011 to Kate Middleton.

His letter said that, having lost his mother as a child, he knew something of how her children, particularly her eldest son Jamie, now 18, must be feeling.
Read more: Prince William greets widow Gillian Molyneux whose husband died disarming seaman | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
The Duke of Cambridge's attendance at the Carol Service tonight (2/12) was a private engagement and is not recorded in the Court Circular.

The Big Issue ‏@BigIssue 6h6 hours ago
Exclusive Prince William interview, out Monday. From Christmas at Kensington Palace to the influence of his mother.
December 7th.

William gives excellent interviews. Looking forward to this.

William has a series of engagements today. He will visit Football for Peace, The project is run by ambassadors who arrange workshops and matches based on equality, diversity and inclusion for young people.

Football for Peace, a national charity, works with teenage boys and girls in seven schools in Birmingham.

William will visit Bournville College to hear about the anti-bullying work of The Diana Award, remembering his mother’s legacy.

There will also be a trip to youth homelessness charity St Basils.

William will hear about the work of a partnership involving Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trusts which offers affordable shared accommodation and apprenticeship chances

He visited St Basils on two earlier trips to Birmingham in 2013 and 2014.
Read more: Where to see Prince William in Birmingham today - Birmingham Mail

Today (7 December 2015) The Duke of Cambridge is showing his support for The Diana Award’s Anti-Bullying Campaign by helping young people appreciate the issues of diversity difference and feeling safe. This visit follows the Duke’s recent work with The Diana Award to highlight the impact of bullying on a child’s mental wellbeing. During this visit, he will take part in activities that highlight the message “we are all different, but together we are one”.
Read more: The Duke of Cambridge tackles issues of diversity and difference with The Diana Award | Diana Award

Prince William Joins Up with Charity Set Up in Princess Diana's Honor to Combat Bullying

Prince William is to immerse himself in a campaign to tackle diversity-based bullying.

William, 33, is taking part in a training session on Monday morning that will focus on diversity difference and feeling safe.

In a visit where he will highlight the fight against bullying with the charity set up in his mother's name, William will build on his recent work that highlighted the impact of bullying on a child's mental well-being.

His visit with Diana Award – the charity set up in the name of his late mother, Princess Diana – comes as an online survey found over half of young people reported negative terms used to describe their appearance including ethnicity in terms of their skin color or physical racial features
Read more: Prince William In Anti-Bullying Fight : People.com

Last edited:
Video:
During an hour-long visit to Bournville College's conference centre, the Duke of Cambridge showed his support for an anti-bullying campaign run by the Diana Award, a charity set up in memory of his mother. The Duke listened to an anti-bullying rap performed by primary school children from Quarry Bank, West Midlands, and took part in creating a poster promoting the slogan "Together We are One".

Home - ITNSource News

The Duke of Cambridge's attendance at the Carol Service tonight (2/12) was a private engagement and is not recorded in the Court Circular.

I thought William and Harry were official Patrons of the charity? The carol service raises money for the charity, I wonder why doesn't it count?

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the events listed in the Court Circular ones that are approved by HM, The Queen and they're representing the Crown? If so, even if William and Harry were patrons, it wouldn't be an "official" engagement but rather one of their own personal endeavors.

^^^I believe that thees types of personal patronages ie: Sentebale are not considered official engagements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom