The Duke of Cambridge Charities and Patronages 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is the pattern we will see over the next few years whilst he works in East Anglia. You will see periods of flurry, with quite a few engagements, and then periods when he will focus on the Air Ambulance job.

I think so too. One thing that struck me as interesting is that from reading the article on lobbying for funds for air ambulances, it occurred to me that this has been an ongoing, behind the scenes kind of thing for a while and has finally bore fruit. Another good example of things that go on that we have no clue about.

Charity’s film to raise awareness about Ebola in West Africa wins support of Prince William | Ely News
A film produced with the help of a Cambridgeshire man to raise awareness about the devastating Ebola situation in West Africa has received support from Prince William.

Colin Stevens, from Ely, is an associate producer at Purple Field Productions – a charity which makes films and videos for educational and humanitarian purposes.

He and the charity have been working with the Future View Film Group, which is made up of young people aged 18 to 30 from Sierra Leone.

Despite witnessing terrible events and losing friends and relatives, the group is dedicated to creating films that can help their community and has made an educational music video to raise awareness about the tragic Ebola situation in their country.

In a YouTube video launched by the Palace, Prince William says he is watching the Ebola situation with "great concern" and he expresses support for the group of young filmmakers.

I think someone should take a candid picture of William right about now. It probably would look like he had a goofy grin with smears of cherry, raspberries, pumpkin and other such goodies all over his face.

He's got his fingers into a lot of pies lately. :D

CC 22nd MAy 2015

The Duke of Cambridge, Patron, this afternoon attended a Lunch for the Defence and National Rehabilitation Centre at St James’s Palace.

CC 22nd MAy 2015

The Duke of Cambridge, Patron, this afternoon attended a Lunch for the Defence and National Rehabilitation Centre at St James’s Palace.
Wow, alot of engagements this week. Clever though :) This way he's away a week (staying in London appearantly) and then can go home. Must be the best way, I doubt he want to be away from the kiddos too much :) And this is also a way for him to be seen doing stuff before starting the new job :)

:previous: Some of those engagements were at Windsor so maybe they are at Bucklebury.

:previous: Some of those engagements were at Windsor so maybe they are at Bucklebury.
True, but I read somewhere that he said was away a bit in london, taking a break from nappy-duty :p But I don't remember where. Might only have been for a night or two though :)

The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 2: January 2014

Monday was Switzerland, Tuesday-investiture at Windsor, Wednesday-St George's Park, Thursday- investiture at BP, meeting scholarship winners at KP, Tusk Dinner at Windsor, Today - event at SJP. He was busy the entire week.

Kate and the kids could have just stayed in Norfolk.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Monday was Switzerland, Tuesday-investiture at Windsor, Wednesday-St George's Park, Thursday- investiture at BP, meeting scholarship winners at KP, Tusk Dinner at Windsor, Today - event at SJP. He was busy the entire week.

Kate and the kids could have just stayed in Norfolk.

I think that's probably the case too. Perhaps Grandma Middleton is there. They're probably staying put and getting into a routine. Its kind of smart for William to get a good solid week of engagements in before the paternity leave is over and he reports to work at EAAA. Once that starts, the whole Cambridge family will setting into a normal household routine complete with the "Daddy's home!" greeting after work by wife, kids and dog.

Most likely the whole family will be back in London next month. Trooping the Colour and Garter Day is coming up. Also, William have an engagement coming up on the 30th of May too.

There would be no need for the whole family to return to London for two days.

William, and Kate - if she attends either event - could easily travel from Sandringham to London and back in one day for both events and thus the children's routine wouldn't need to be upset at all.

William, and Kate - if she attends either event - could easily travel from Sandringham to London and back in one day for both events and thus the children's routine wouldn't need to be upset at all.

William & Catherine could well do two, one-day trips, to attend the Trooping and Garter. That said, I think Catherine may only come up for the Trooping, and give the Garter a miss for the year. Lets see.

Last edited:

Yep. Absolutely no need to disrupt the children's routine. They have nannies and maybe even still a nurse, and Kate's mother would no doubt lend a hand if necessary.

Trooping on Saturday, that Monday is a confirmed event with Queen and Philip at Runnymede and also Garter Day so it is not a one day pop in for William.

Charlotte will be around six weeks by then so with all the family in for the weekend maybe they bring the kids with them for a couple of days in London. KP has a nursery too so it not like they have to drag all the baby gear back and forth between the 2 houses

Trooping on Saturday, that Monday is a confirmed event with Queen and Philip at Runnymede and also Garter Day so it is not a one day pop in for William.

Charlotte will be around six weeks by then so with all the family in for the weekend maybe they bring the kids with them for a couple of days in London. KP has a nursery too so it not like they have to drag all the baby gear back and forth between the 2 houses

Right, and Charlotte's routine won't be disturbed at all. George travels all over the place all the time.

Good time for Drs check ups for mommy and baby.

There are doctors near Anmer Hall that Kate and Charlotte can visit for regular checkups. Being royals the doctors are more likely to actually go to them rather than the other way round anyway.

Court Circular. Thursday 9th July

The Duke of Cambridge, Colonel, Irish Guards, this evening attended a Regimental Boxing Night at Cavalry Barracks, Hounslow

William is definitely trying to pack as much as he can into his London week before he starts flying .... Good for him

William is definitely trying to pack as much as he can into his London week before he starts flying .... Good for him

I think this is a great model, to have a London week ever so often, and pack it with engagements. You then retreat to Anmer, and carry on with your "other" job.

I agree muriel. Ironic that a man who will again be working with a full and part-time job is sometimes labeled at "lazy."

Patron of the National Memorial Arboretum Remembrance Centre

A £15.7 million visitor's centre will be an "exciting new addition" to the National Memorial Arboretum, the Duke of Cambridge has said.

Building work on the memorial garden's Remembrance Centre has already started, but today there was a ceremonial breaking of the ground.

Prince William, the project's patron, said: "I am delighted that work is now to begin on building the new visitor centre.

"The Arboretum is a place of sanctuary, but also a place of education and those who visit deserve to be looked after when they are here."

The Prince was unable to attend in person, but had his words read aloud by another supporter, the TV star Dame Penelope Keith.

He added: "I am grateful to the National Memorial Arboretum management team and the Appeal Council for working so hard to make this visitor centre possible.

"In just over a year's time, the project will be complete - an exciting new addition to this very special place - and I look forward to seeing it in person."
Read more: Duke of Cambridge hails new visitor centre at National Memorial Arboretum - BT

Video:
The Duke of Cambridge, Honorary Air Commandant of Royal Air Force Coningsby, visits the RAF station to observe the 100th Anniversary Parade of 29 (Reserve) Squadron. The air base is also home to the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, of which The Duke is Patron. He joined the crew of a Chipmunk plane for a flight. .

Home - ITNSource News

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1h1 hour ago
Prince William was hit by the curse of mechanical failure today, just as Harry was last week. He was due to fly in a Dakota but it went US.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1h1 hour ago
With the Dakota unserviceable, William flew a Chipmunk instead at RAF Coningsby.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom