The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-15-2014, 04:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
By that very same argument, they are very entitled to take umbrage that HM herself was not present.
Totally different. HM is not William's wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalDaisy View Post
This is the first time I have seen that anyone was "annoyed" that Catherine did not attend. So could you please give the source of this information?

The people invited are already Friends of The Royal Marsden (ie work/support/donate on behalf of...) and this was William's way of saying thank-you.

The invitation would have been specific about who the Host of the event was. At no time in the UK media was Catherine stated to appear.
Apparently, Ralph Lauren was disappointed when he found out that Kate wouldn't be there long time ago, not yesterday.

I completely understand people who expected Kate to be there, whether involved in the charity or not. This happens because couples attend together some kinds of events. If a man is hosting a dinner (specially a gala dinner), he usually has his wife by his side to help him receive the guests and entertain them. Or even if he is just a guest. For example, the gala's special guest was Mr. Ralph Lauren, obviously, Mrs. Ralph Lauren was there by her husband's side. Lauren's son David was also there, with his wife Lauren. Kate Moss brought her husband too.
Most people, when married, bring their husbands/wives to dinners, galas, etc. Specially if you're going to have a prominent role there, you like to have your loved one to support you. That's why invitations usually allow a plus one.

Old 05-15-2014, 04:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Duchess of Cambridge wasn't scheduled to attend and I think Mr. & Mrs Lauren knew that Catherine wasn't going to be there. William just made sure he acknowledged Catherine's absence to the Lauren.

Many members of the royal family don't attend all gala events with their spouses. Recently Catherine attended some gala events for her charities without William as well. I didn't see many people complain about it. There are some events like this where they do appear together though.

The media is looking for a story because fashion designer Ralph Lauren and his family attended and they thought it would've been nice to have a fashionable royal like Catherine there as well.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-15-2014, 05:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Look, if I can have an event where the Duke of Cambridge is speaking on behalf of my charity, I'm thrilled. The cachet and publicity alone are priceless.
We demean Williams efforts when we spread a rumor that Lauren was unhappy at a Wills only appearance.
Ralph Lauren has much better manners than that. Plus he is not stupid. To say he was unhappy would put him on a dress provider blacklist in a heartbeat.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Carolyn Durand @CarolynDurand · 4m
The Duke of Cambridge #PrinceWilliam will visit Yorkshire on June 4 to see the work of two of his charities Skillforce and Centrepoint

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-29-2014, 08:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 57m
Pomp and ceremony for William: the Duke of Cambridge will take the salute at Beating Retreat on Horse Guards Parade on June 12.

That's right, keep up the ceremonial roles William.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-04-2014, 11:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

'I really like Linkin Park' Prince William admits he's a secret rocker during school visit-
Prince William admits he's a secret Linkin Park fan during visit to East Yorkshire School | Royal | News | Daily Express

Video:
The Duke of Cambridge, Royal Patron of SkillForce, has visited Goole High School to launch the new SkillForce Junior Prince's Award. The Duke learnt how SkillForce has worked with Goole High School and local primary schools to develop the new national award programme, designed to build confidence and encourage young people to get involved in the community through every stage of their school career-
Home - ITNSource News

Pictures:
Prince William, Duke of Cambridge is seen during a video skills session at Bradford Foyer, the youth homeless charity Centrepoint's base in Bradford on June 4, 2014 in Bradford, England-
Prince William Visits Yorkshire - Pictures - Zimbio

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-04-2014, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I love this picture from today

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/495...a%2fjvvQ%3d%3d

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-04-2014, 02:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
'I really like Linkin Park' Prince William admits he's a secret rocker during school visit-
Prince William admits he's a secret Linkin Park fan during visit to East Yorkshire School | Royal | News | Daily Express

Video:
The Duke of Cambridge, Royal Patron of SkillForce, has visited Goole High School to launch the new SkillForce Junior Prince's Award. The Duke learnt how SkillForce has worked with Goole High School and local primary schools to develop the new national award programme, designed to build confidence and encourage young people to get involved in the community through every stage of their school career-
Home - ITNSource News

Pictures:
Prince William, Duke of Cambridge is seen during a video skills session at Bradford Foyer, the youth homeless charity Centrepoint's base in Bradford on June 4, 2014 in Bradford, England-
Prince William Visits Yorkshire - Pictures - Zimbio
I really like these pictures, because they show William's phenomenal people skills that I only dream of having, and him listening with his heart- a skill he seems to be particularly good at. ( pictures six and 12.)
@cepe - Love the photo you posted too!
Old 06-04-2014, 04:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duke of Cambridge received a warm welcome from staff and users of homeless charity Centrepoint on his visit to Bradford this afternoon. .
Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-04-2014, 09:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

I love this picture. William is being himself. Must have been something amusing. Rose Royal, you hit the nail on the head with your statement. I couldn't agree more.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you for the photos and videos. William sitting on the pavement with the students was one of my favorites.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

British Royals@britishroyals 7m
This evening Prince William will take the salute at the #BeatingRetreat in Horse Guards Parade (pic: @Trooping) pic.twitter.com/EB2NQ7As5J

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 13m
The Duke of Cambridge is in Irish Guards black frock coat, not red uniform as previously thought, to take the salute at Beating Retreat.

Prince William takes salute at Beating Retreat:
PRINCE William took the salute for the first time tonight at one of the highlights of London's ceremonial summer of pomp and pageantry-
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/...eating-Retreat

Pomp, pageantry and a (very smart) Prince: William leads the charge at spectacular musical tribute to Britain's armed forces at Beating Retreat-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-Retreat.html

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-13-2014, 09:11 PM
Heir Apparent

According to the Court Circular for 13th June:

The Prince of Wales, Duke of Cornwall, accompanied by The Duke of Cambridge, this morning chaired a Meeting of The Prince’s Council at Clarence House.

This is a mtg relating to The Prince's Trust Council.

Prince's Trust Council

More evidence of William learning about his future role.

Old 06-13-2014, 09:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duke of Cambridge is in Irish Guards black frock coat, not red uniform as previously thought, to take the salute at Beating Retreat.

PRINCE William took the salute for the first time tonight at one of the highlights of London's ceremonial summer of pomp and pageantry-
Prince William takes salute at Beating Retreat | Royal | News | Daily Express

Pomp, pageantry and a (very smart) Prince: William leads the charge at spectacular musical tribute to Britain's armed forces at Beating Retreat-
Prince William pays tribute to armed forces at Beating Retreat | Mail Online
Great photos! Love the lines of horses and the drum corp.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
According to the Court Circular for 13th June:

The Prince of Wales, Duke of Cornwall, accompanied by The Duke of Cambridge, this morning chaired a Meeting of The Prince’s Council at Clarence House.

This is a mtg relating to The Prince's Trust Council.

Prince's Trust Council

More evidence of William learning about his future role.
It's good to know that William is being prepared for his future role and is involved.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-13-2014, 09:49 PM
Heir Apparent

must add this might also be connected directly to D of Cornwall. its all a bit woolly when trying to determined whether "princes" is Trust or Cornwall. If anyone can determine the difference in this case - appreciate it

Old 06-13-2014, 10:39 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
must add this might also be connected directly to D of Cornwall. its all a bit woolly when trying to determined whether "princes" is Trust or Cornwall. If anyone can determine the difference in this case - appreciate it
I am tending to believe that this is in relation to the Prince's Trust. I would think that if it was something to do with the Duchy of Cornwall, it would have been notated as such. Reading through the articles Dman posted, it points more towards the Prince's Trust Council

From the article http://www.princes-trust.org.uk/abou...t_council.aspx

"The Prince’s Trust Council is accountable in law for the work of The Trust. It sets the strategy and agrees The Trust’s business plan and budget and has authority to take all decisions and to set all policy."
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-13-2014, 10:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Prince William takes salute at Beating Retreat | Royal | News | Daily Express

Prince William pays tribute to armed forces at Beating Retreat | Mail Online
Love the pictures in the daily mail.
William looks very smart - as he does in any uniform.
I have yet to see any uniform he does not look snazzy in. Sorry Kate.
However, I must say, I prefer him in the red uniform like he wore to his wedding. This one looks a bit too somber- like a funeral. But still won't complain too much.
Again, I am so impressed by his people skills.
He can do the " regal" things, and do them well- giving his country something to be proud of , and yet they can also be proud of his phenomenal people skills while meeting ordinary people. I've never seen him fail- wherever he is there's always the right degree of formality. On military and national engagements, and meeting leaders, there's a little more. But when meeting ordinary people, or visiting hospitals, or visiting with children, there's almost none.
But always there is the human touch.
On occasions like this, there is no doubt that he is doing regal duty, but there's no doubt that he's a human being while doing it. Extraordinary man.
Loved all the white horses with the trumpeters too.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I am tending to believe that this is in relation to the Prince's Trust. I would think that if it was something to do with the Duchy of Cornwall, it would have been notated as such. Reading through the articles Dman posted, it points more towards the Prince's Trust Council

From the article Prince's Trust Council

"The Prince’s Trust Council is accountable in law for the work of The Trust. It sets the strategy and agrees The Trust’s business plan and budget and has authority to take all decisions and to set all policy."
That is the same link I put in my original post. My reason for querying was that the CC specifically stated "Prince of Wales, Duke of Cornwall." So this led to thinking that it is to do with the Duchy - and William is the heir to that.