The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-30-2016, 10:30 AM
Majesty

Looks like a busy day in Derby

Old 11-30-2016, 11:38 AM
Heir Apparent

George would of loved to be there for that!

LaRae

Old 11-30-2016, 12:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Yeah, a full away day. And tonight he has the Tusk Gala so a very full day overall.
Old 11-30-2016, 12:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
No chance then to stop in and see Darcy and Elizabeth at Pemberley?

I think that George would have loved to join his dad up in the driver's car, but it might have been difficult to get him to leave.
Old 11-30-2016, 06:16 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Not only getting George to leave but his daddy too. Boys and their toys! I'm sure William had a wonderful time. Its engagements like this one that are the real perks to being royal. Fulfilling childhood dreams doesn't happen everyday.

The Tusk Gala should be just as interesting for William as that is one organization that is close to his heart.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince William swaps his helicopter for a train as he takes the controls of one of the Crossrail trains on a visit to Bombardier in Derby.

Old 12-06-2016, 10:08 AM
Heir Apparent

William doing an investiture today at BP. Last one of the year

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
Congratulations to artist Sir Michael Craig-Martin, made a Knight Bachelor today by The Duke of Cambridge at #BuckinghamPalace #Investiture

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...27229772173312

Court Circular 6 December 2016

The Duke of Cambridge this evening attended the Giants Club inaugural Dinner at Kensington Palace.
Old 12-06-2016, 11:25 PM
Majesty

The Giants Club is an exclusive forum that brings together African Heads of State, Global business leaders and elephant protection experts to secure Africa's remaining elephant populations and the landscapes they depend on

spaceforgiants.org

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-07-2016, 12:07 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
The Giants Club is an exclusive forum that brings together African Heads of State, Global business leaders and elephant protection experts to secure Africa's remaining elephant populations and the landscapes they depend on

spaceforgiants.org
Sound like a rather big (as in importance) and fitting group of people for William to connect with. Has he been at any such meetings before?
Old 12-07-2016, 08:14 PM
Majesty

CC 7/12

The Duke of Cambridge this morning received Air Chief Marshal Sir Stuart Peach (Chief of the Defence Staff).

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-08-2016, 09:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Why? What I mean is, what is the purpose of receiving Chiefs of Staff? What do they chat about? Is it specifically on behalf of the Queen, or because William will be Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces one day?
Old 12-08-2016, 10:01 AM
Heir Apparent

We know William already receives briefings from the Cabinet Office and is a member of the Privy Council. It makes sense he meets with military chiefs as well.

The Court Circular doesn't say what they discussed.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:11 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Most likely its all part and parcel of his "King in training" lessons. The BRF leaves absolutely nothing to chance and assure that the heirs to the throne get a well rounded idea of everything they'll eventually have to deal with as monarch.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:39 AM
Heir Apparent

It the same reason Charles got a private briefing by Bank of England bankers during his tour of the Bank yesterday. They are the future Kings.
Old 12-08-2016, 11:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Most likely its all part and parcel of his "King in training" lessons. The BRF leaves absolutely nothing to chance and assure that the heirs to the throne get a well rounded idea of everything they'll eventually have to deal with as monarch.
I agree. After all there is an entire thread on this site devoted to William's preparation to be king, so IMO it is appropriate that he be meeting with the head of the defense forces as well as other government ministries.
Old 12-18-2016, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duke of Cambridge is at #SPOTY tonight celebrating a year of incredible achievements by the men and women in British sports.

BBCSPOTY ‏@BBCSPOTY
HRH the Duke of Cambridge is sat alongside Jessica Ennis-Hill at #SPOTY - he'll be presenting an award later.

Keep your eyes peeled!

https://twitter.com/BBCSPOTY/status/810563196889268225
Old 12-18-2016, 05:15 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duke of Cambridge chats about fatherhood with American swimmer Michael Phelps and golfer Danny Willett at the BBC Sports Personality of the Year awards.

Old 12-18-2016, 05:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
It the same reason Charles got a private briefing by Bank of England bankers during his tour of the Bank yesterday. They are the future Kings.

No need to hurry. I think he will have to wait for about 10 further years...
Old 12-19-2016, 09:29 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

not the first time ..

'disastrous' speech saw armchair sports fans teasing the 34-year-old royal for being ill-prepared.

Prince William is teased on Twitter over his speech to Michael Phelps at Spoty 2016 | Daily Mail Online