The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-20-2016, 07:20 AM
Majesty

Prince William on 'sad and dark moments' - BBC News
New video of Prince William talking zbout Air Ambulance work.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:40 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts about William's recent interview have been moved to the Prince William and His Work as a Helicopter Pilot thread.

Old 10-06-2016, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The strategy, Suffolk Lives Matter, details how services across the county are working to reduce the number of suicides.

In Suffolk, 8.7 people per 100,000 died by suicide each year, compared with 8.9 per 100,000 in England as a whole.

Suicide is the third most frequent cause of death in males aged 15-49 in the county and male suicide rates are nearly three times hgher than female rates in Suffolk.

While no single organisation is responsible for preventing suicide, a range of professionals from the voluntary and charity sector, clinical commissioning groups, local councils, police, HealthWatch Suffolk, the coroner’s office and mental health services all play a crucial role.

Suffolk County Council has taken the lead on the new, joint plan.

In a statement read out by Cllr Colin Noble, Leader of Suffolk County Council, the Duke of Cambridge said: “You are all here today at Suffolk Lives Matter to help reduce the number of tragic deaths by suicide in this county and to tackle the stigma so sadly associated with this issue.

“You may know that I, along with my wife, Catherine and brother, Harry have recently launched a campaign – Heads Together – to help change the conversation around mental health.
Read more: Duke of Cambridge gives support to Suffolk’s suicide prevention strategy - Suffolk Free Press
Old 10-08-2016, 05:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duke of Cambridge will carry out engagements on 12th October focusing on work to provide employment opportunities for military veterans

The Duke will gain further insight into the @StepIntoHealth programme and meet some of its current participants and graduates

The Duke of Cambridge will then present the Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS) Gold Awards during a ceremony @DRM_Support

The Duke will attend a reception for the Kennedy Memorial Trust on 13 October.

Find out more about the Trust here

Kennedy Memorial Trust
Old 10-11-2016, 11:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Sir Rod Stewart is knighted at Buckingham Palace by the Duke of Cambridge.

https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...ff&oe=58AA48CC
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...02&oe=589B308A
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...cd&oe=586533A5
Old 10-11-2016, 11:49 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Thanks eya! What marvelous pictures of the occasion. I think if Sir Rod was any happier, he might have exploded from the sheer joy of the occasion.

I've always liked Rod Stewart and his music and even looking at him today, the man remains "forever young".
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-11-2016, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Rod does indeed look happy! He's wearing something a bit special as well!
Old 10-11-2016, 12:28 PM
Majesty

There has never been nor will there ever be anything sedate, boring, dull or run of the mill about Sir Rod. He's the epitome of flamboyant if you ask me.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-11-2016, 02:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
There has never been nor will there ever be anything sedate, boring, dull or run of the mill about Sir Rod. He's the epitome of flamboyant if you ask me.
As great as he is in concert, I'd go back just to see his outfit changes! At least when I saw him, he wore about 4 outfits and there was a general theme to each. His attention to detail and accessorization (as well as tailoring/fit) is delightful. Off topic, but I bet a Rod/Queen Max conversation on styling would be a hoot and a half!
Old 10-11-2016, 03:05 PM
Nobility

I can't support a knighthood for Rod Stewart, for one simple reason. He came up with that travesty of a tune 'We are sailing' - quite possibly the worst song ever heard.
Old 10-11-2016, 03:10 PM
Majesty

That tune actually doesn't ring a bell with me. I think the best he ever did was Bob Dylan's "Forever Young".
― John Lennon
Old 10-12-2016, 12:58 PM
Heir Apparent

From early today

PA Images @PAImages
The #DukeofCambridge visits the Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital

https://www.paimages.co.uk/headline/891038
Old 10-12-2016, 01:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince William shows off makeover while meeting military veterans | Daily Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-12-2016, 01:44 PM
Majesty

Oooh! William is wearing highly polished black shoes just like his daddy loves to wear!

This makeover definitely gives the statement that William is a well dressed, distinguished Prince about town like his father and even more of an indication that he's very much preparing to take on his role working for the "Firm" even more so as the days ahead come to pass.
― John Lennon
Old 10-12-2016, 01:53 PM
Heir Apparent

People Magazine

Quote:
Patients at a hospital in England got a special visitor this afternoon when Prince William made an appearance in the corridors on Wednesday.

While we was there, William chatted to a number of patients, including a young girl and several older patients who were waiting for appointments and joked with cheering nurses as he arrived at the Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital in England.

When he walked into the hospital, a gaggle of nurses and other staff had delayed their lunch break to meet him.

“I hope the the wards aren’t empty,” he joked.

William paid the facility a visit in order to see the work of Step into Health program, which helps ex-service people gain work in the publicly funded National Health Service (NHS.) While he was there, he talked to employees about working with veterans.
Read more: Prince William Visits Hospital for Step Into Health Program
Old 10-12-2016, 04:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duke of Cambridge visits Armed Forces Veterans-
Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-13-2016, 10:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge, has presented twenty-two companies with the Ministry of Defence’s highest recognition for employer support to the Armed Forces.

The Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS) awards ceremony was hosted by Defence Secretary Michael Fallon at the Royal Hospital Chelsea - a retirement home for hundreds of army veterans, on Wednesday evening.

The Duke of Cambridge thanked twenty-two companies for their work in the area by handing them a Gold award. Recipients included firms from a wide range of sectors, ranging from large corporate companies to small and medium-sized enterprises.

The scheme is designed to recognise and thank employers who support the Armed Forces community and their families, and to inspire others to do the same.
Read more: Employers supporting Armed Forces strike gold with Prince William | Invest in UK
Old 10-13-2016, 03:38 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duke of Cambridge is attending a reception for The Kennedy Memorial Trust at Buckingham Palace this evening
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...15194088837120

The Kennedy Memorial Trust was established in 1964 to create and maintain a British memorial to President John F Kennedy

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh dined with President
Kennedy and his wife, Jackie at Buckingham Palace in June 1961.
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...15525317181440

Find out more about the Kennedy Memorial Trust on their website

Kennedy Memorial Trust
Old 10-16-2016, 01:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
From early today

PA Images @PAImages
The #DukeofCambridge visits the Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital

https://www.paimages.co.uk/headline/891038
Love these.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:30 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duke will visit two projects in London on 10 Nov which honour the memory of all those who lost their lives during WW1 #Remembrance
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...97674248212480

HRH will see the work of #LivingMemory which inspires people to visit and discover more about the war graves & memorials in their towns.

HRH will then visit Kensington Memorial Park as it is dedicated to the @FieldsInTrust Centenary Fields programme, launched by HRH in 2014.