The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-16-2016, 05:17 PM
Gentry

Good article on how William can bring attention to the issue of bullying of people because of their sexual orientation Why shouldn't Prince William stand up for gay rights? | Hannah Jane Parkinson | Opinion | The Guardian

Old 06-16-2016, 06:14 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Although with satellite TV, we mostly get our news from CNN, with our area being under tornado warnings and severe thunderstorms, we put on the local news channel WRC out of Washington, D.C.

It was very heartwarming for me to see that they did a pretty in depth segment about William recently gracing the cover of Attitude magazine and his campaign against bullying in the LGBT communities. According to this report, William's involvement in this regards is the first time in a very long time that a royal has taken on any issue that affect the LGBT communities and it is very much kind of groundbreaking. They did do a mention of his mother championing the AIDS cause in her time.

When William tackles an issue such as bullying and cyberbullying, he covers all angles doesn't he?

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-18-2016, 04:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Good for, William. Hope it's an on going thing.

Quote:
Prince William has thrown his support behind a wellbeing initiative by hosting a coffee morning for fathers and sons affected by mental health.

The Duke of Cambridge met a dozen men in a secret get-together at a Caffe Nero near Kensington Palace.

It was part of a new campaign for charity Heads Together, aiming to encourage fathers and sons to talk more openly about mental health.

Paul Scates, who was there with his Dad, said: “It was a lovely opportunity and Prince William is incredibly passionate about tackling these issues.

"He understands mental health problems have gone under the radar because people are uncomfortable talking about it, so he’s keen to use his position to try to improve that.
Red more: Prince William shares a secret cuppa with dads who are battling mental health issues - Mirror Online
Old 06-18-2016, 05:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Very nice!
Old 06-18-2016, 08:26 PM
Heir Apparent

A Father's Day message from Prince William. ‘Sons and daughters need our help as much as their mothers’ says The Duke of Cambridge

Quote:
TODAY I celebrate my third Father’s Day as a father.

For me it is a day not just to celebrate how fortunate I am for my young family, but to reflect on just how much I’ve learned about fatherhood and the issues facing fathers in all walks of life.

In particular, it is a time to reflect on my responsibility to look after not just the physical health of my two children, but to treat their mental needs as just as important a priority.

Along with Catherine and Harry I have been spending a lot of time working on issues around mental health.

What we have seen time and time again is that so many of the issues that adolescents and adults are dealing with can be linked to unresolved childhood challenges – addicts that were not getting treatment for a serious psychological condition that started in their teens; men who committed suicide who had been depressed since they were in primary school; homeless teenagers who could not confront significant emotional challenges.

While the circumstances of any one situation are unique, it is clear that many families could have been helped if they had found it easier to talk openly about mental health challenges in the home.
Read more: Prince William, Harry and Duchess of Cambridge campaigning for mental health causes | Royal | News | Daily Express
Old 06-19-2016, 04:22 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duke of Cambridge joins a Heads Together Father’s Day breakfast with dads, mentors and the children they support. We’re inviting people celebrating Father’s Day to #celebratewithconversation by taking the Heads Together Father’s Day Challenge as seen in the video.

Old 06-19-2016, 08:21 AM
Royal Highness

Very very nice!! He's really putting his face behind some great causes recently!
Old 06-21-2016, 05:55 AM
Majesty

Happy birthday to the Prince!
Old 06-21-2016, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince William is making a big impact in the tech world.

On the heels of his recent visit to the Founders Forum networking event last week, tech pioneers are singing his praises for bringing attention to an important cause.

The royal is urging the tech world to come up with easier ways to report online bullying and empower parents with the methods to get help.

William’s role as a dad of two has inspired his ongoing crusade against cyberbullying.

"People were impressed with his ambition. When he takes on these causes, he doesn’t want to make a small difference, he wants to make a big difference," Brent Hoberman, who heads up William's cyberbullying task force, tells PEOPLE.

The tech world "is very happy to see a very modern monarchy," adds Hoberman, who invited William to the event.
Read more: Prince William Impresses Tech Leaders with His 'Modern Monarchy' Touch : People.com
Old 06-26-2016, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Imo, an excellent article and video by Monica Lewinsky

Why Prince William?s Plea Against Cyberbullying Was Pitch Perfect | Vanity Fair
Old 06-26-2016, 05:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Imo, an excellent article and video by Monica Lewinsky

Why Prince William?s Plea Against Cyberbullying Was Pitch Perfect | Vanity Fair

That's very cool! She's become quite the anti-bullying advocate and I appreciate that about her

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 06-26-2016, 05:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Thae decade she stepped out of the spotlight and shaped herself, really did wonders. She did a masters in psycology in London and has now re-emerged in this role. She really has become an amazing advocate.
Old 06-27-2016, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

HRH The Duke of Cambridge particapted in the Jerudong Park Trophy Cirencester Park Polo Club in Cirencester Gloucestershire on June 25th.

Belga Image - Editorial
Old 07-04-2016, 08:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duke of Cambridge has urged everyone to challenge bullying behaviour in a video message to support the first ever National Stand Up To Bullying Day.

William warned that bullying is not just confined to the playground or classroom and can affect anyone regardless of age, background, gender, sexuality, race, disability or religion.

The Duke said it was "our collective responsibility to be alert, and to be ready to challenge the behaviour we see around us". He added: "We all have a role to play to ensure that we do not stand by, but instead stand up, and put a stop to bullying."
Read more: Prince William urges people to challenge bullying in video message - ITV News

HRH The Duke of Cambridge records message to support first @DianaAward #StandUpToBullying Day:

Old 07-06-2016, 08:18 AM
Heir Apparent

William had two engagements yesterday -

As President of Bafta, he attended a dinner, and as Commodore in Chief of The Royal Navy Submarine Service, he visited HMS Artful at sea.

https://twitter.com/CepeSmith/status/750645509220605952
Old 07-11-2016, 07:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
The Duke, Commodore-in-Chief Submarines, visited @RoyalNavy newest attack submarine HMS Artful in Faslane last Tues
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...49737199083520

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
During the visit, HRH presented 14 newly qualified submariners with their Dolphins on board the submarine
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...50200459935744

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
Thank you @RoyalNavy for showing us around. Look forward to seeing you again soon!

Prince William Awards Dolphins To New Submariners | BFBS Radio

Royal welcome to newest submariners| Royal Navy
Old 07-20-2016, 10:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duke of Cambridge’s appearance on the cover of Attitude looks set to be one of the magazine’s best-selling issues.

William featured on the front of the July edition of the UK’s leading gay magazine as he spoke out against homophobic bullying.

The duke – the first member of the royal family to be photographed for the cover of a gay publication – told Attitude: “No one should be bullied for their sexuality or any other reason.”

A spokeswoman for the magazine said: “Early indications are that it will be one of our best-selling issues and has been overwhelmingly well received
Read more: William issue set to be one of gay magazine attitude's best sellers | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-26-2016, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent

British Royals ‏@britishroyals
There were tears when William talked with #LGBT on bullying. Here's what the media missed
Quote:
There were tears when gay journalist Matthew Todd took LGBT people to meet Prince William and talk about bullying.

William was the cover star for Todd’s last edition as editor of gay mag Attitude.

But mainstream media who picked up on it were only interested in the celebrity angle, he said.

Todd said: ‘Virtually none of them wanted to talk about the reason why he did it which was about homophobic and biphobic and transphobic bullying in schools.

‘We took nine LGBT people there to talk about their experiences of bullying an how it affected them. And some of his staff were in tears. I was quite emotional at one point. You could really feel the fact it was an historic thing to do.’

He said the meeting was significant for the Commonwealth, where homosexuality remains illegal in the majority of countries – imposed by the former British Empire.

Todd added: ‘Perhaps it should have happened a long time ago. But I’m glad it happened and hope it’s the beginning of the Royal Family’s relationship with us as a community.’

And he said it was particularly important for ‘conservative or older’ people, ‘who have been homophobic but who respect the Royal Family’.

‘To see him, the future king, say “bullying people because of their sexuality is wrong” is a big thing,’ he said.

Todd, who has just published his book Straight Jacket, was speaking on the monthly Student Pride podcast, supported by GSN.

Listen here:
Prince William’s staff cried when they heard from LGBTIs about bullying - Gay Star News
Old 07-26-2016, 04:33 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 2: January 2014

Miguel Head who is William's Private Secretary is gay and married in 2011 so William's staff is probably extra aware of the problems that the LGBT community faces. I know my self having a close coworker/friend who is gay has raised my awareness. Plus I got introduced to watching RuPaul's Drag Race so we can discuss at work the next day. 😀

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 08-10-2016, 09:12 AM
Heir Apparent

During the visit, William will meet with Chancellor Angela Merkel

The Duke will visit Düsseldorf on 23 August to celebrate 70 years of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia #70JahreNRW

During the visit, HRH will attend events honouring the role of British Forces Germany, and the strong ties between NRW and Britain.

Quote:
The Duke of Cambridge, at the request of Her Majesty’s Government, will visit Dusseldorf on Tuesday 23rd August to attend a series of events honouring the role of British Forces Germany (BFG), and celebrating the 70th anniversary of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW). During the visit, His Royal Highness will see a BFG military parade with NRW Minister President Hannelore Kraft, meet BFG personnel at a reception, and attend a 70th anniversary gala alongside Chancellor Angela Merkel.
Read more: https://www.gov.uk/government/world-...eldorf-germany