The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-21-2015, 04:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
One of the most irritating aspects of UK Press is that the writer of the piece and the headline writer are different people. this is a perfect example of the story and the headline not matching.

I though Richard wrote a good piece and I'd like to kick the headline writer and the editor who approved the headline.

Moral of reading Uk press is read the story and don't rely on the headline.
Right, I too liked Richard's article.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-21-2015, 04:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince William revealed the five people – and one precious pup! – he would turn to in times of trouble.

The prince, 33, visited a bullying prevention workshop on Monday at Hammersmith Academy in London to highlight the work of the non-profit Diana Award, set up in his late mother's name.

Taking part in a "high-five" exercise in which he was asked to name his five key supports, he wrote, "Catherine, Harry, Father, Grandmother and Grandfather" – and cocker spaniel Lupo for good measure.

The school's training day focused on practical ways kids can tackle cyberbullying and LGBT bullying, an issue that William has taken on increasingly.
Read more: Prince William Reveals Who He Relies on in Times of Need : People.com

Old 09-21-2015, 07:38 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
That is so awesome! I love the hand with the 5 fingers for 5 people you can tell. Oh if we had done this at my school. At my school we were told who not to tell. Oh well, at least it's over now, and I am healing, and I have 5 people I can tell.

I love who William chose- including the dog.

If I had a hand William would be one of my 5- seriously.

Second- I love that article, and the photos of William being... William. This man will be a great King. Hopefully, he and I can have a Conversation like that someday.
This engagement was an absolute success. The hand withe the names of people you can come to if you're being bullied is a gem. Those who are bullied often feel alone (I speak from experience), and are too scared to confide in anyone. The hand is a reminder that there are people who will listen, and help those who are being victimized feel empowered. William's choices of a support network are great, especially his grandmother, and his dog. People underestimate the comfort animals can bring to a person in pain. Like you, I'd list William on my hand too. The man listens with his heart. I would feel that he is genuinely interested, and would use whatever I choose to share to help someone else. That makes me feel like my own pain was worth it, especially if my experience can make someone else's pain more bearable. I hope someday you and I will be able to have that kind of Conversation with William. I can't think of a better person, well maybe along with another individual.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Diana Award @DianaAward
Thanks to all the new followers today! For more on what we do at @DianaAward #DianasLegacy
check out this video
Old 09-22-2015, 05:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Prince William reveals wife, family and his spaniel Lupo would support him against bullies | Daily Mail Online
Old 09-22-2015, 06:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
RAF Coningsby in Lincolnshire will celebrate the 100th anniversary of one of its squadrons today.

To mark it, 29 Squadron will take part in a special parade - watched by Prince William - who is the Honorary Air Commandant of Royal Air Force Coningsby.

The air base is also home to the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, which will perform a flypast.
Read more: Prince William to visit RAF Coningsby to mark 100th anniversary celebrations | Calendar - ITV News
Old 09-22-2015, 12:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duke of Cambridge, Honorary Air Commandant of Royal Air Force Coningsby, visits the RAF station to observe the 100th Anniversary Parade of 29 (Reserve) Squadron. The air base is also home to the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, of which The Duke is Patron. He joined the crew of a Chipmunk plane for a flight. .

Home - ITNSource News

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1h1 hour ago
Prince William was hit by the curse of mechanical failure today, just as Harry was last week. He was due to fly in a Dakota but it went US.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1h1 hour ago
With the Dakota unserviceable, William flew a Chipmunk instead at RAF Coningsby.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-22-2015, 01:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Pictures | POPSUGAR Celebrity
Old 09-22-2015, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the pictures in here of William being... William.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Way to keep it classy Daily Mail....😞

Did the article even mention that William is the patron of the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 09-22-2015, 05:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William is also Honorary Air Commandant of Royal Air Force Coningsby. 29 Reserve Squadron is celebrating their 100th anniversary today and William was there to take the royal salute.

Quote:
The airman who took HRH Prince William up into the air in a Chipmunk aircraft has described him as a natural pilot.

The Duke of Cambridge enjoyed panoramic views over Lincolnshire as he flew at 3,000ft in the two-seater vintage RAF plane from RAF Coningsby.

He even took over the controls from Squadron Leader Duncan Mason, Officer Commanding the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.

And the Chipmunk was joined in mid-air by a BBMF Spitfire flown by Flight Lieutenant Antony Parkinson.

Climbing out of the cockpit after touch down, the Duke, who is Patron of BBMF, and an air ambulance pilot following his stint with the RAF Search and Rescue Force, said: "It was very good."

Mr Mason said it was an "absolute privilege".

"The great thing is that he is a pilot already and he just naturally eased into it," he said.

"What was apparent is that he is a helicopter pilot, which is very much stick and rudder and you could tell he was very much at ease with flying the aircraft.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:52 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
I love the pictures in here of William being... William.
You and me both!

Old 09-22-2015, 08:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince William enjoyed a “dirty story” with a Battle of Britain veteran during a visit to Lincolnshire for the campaign’s 75 anniversary.

Former Spitfire flier Ken Wilkinson, one of the pilots famously dubbed the "few" by Winston Churchill, chatted to the Duke of Cambridge before admitting: “I’m under instruction not to tell dirty stories”. Undeterred, William asked him to tell the story he had planned.

Later the former wartime pilot recounted his story. In it, a man called Joe becomes the captain of his local golf club and insists on only being referred to by his new title.

At the end of a celebratory dinner to mark his new position, the man goes home undresses and gets into bed with his wife, announcing himself as “the captain”.

She replies: “You have to be quick – Joe will be home soon.”
Read more: Prince William told 'dirty story' by Battle of Britain veteran at commemoration event | UK | News | London Evening Standard
Old 09-22-2015, 08:16 PM
Royal Highness

Hahah, how adorable! :P
Old 09-22-2015, 09:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

William takes to the skies on visit to Battle of Britain Memorial Flight-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=73&v=K9Fk_dV4Iyw

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-22-2015, 10:09 PM
Majesty

Bwahahahah! Absolutely priceless .

Old 09-22-2015, 10:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Bwahahahah! Absolutely priceless .

Right?! I bet William enjoys a dirty story as much as the next guy! :P That "incident" reminds me of the time when someone cursed in the presence of the Queen and got really embarressed but the Queen said something along the lines of "I have a family full of sailors, I've heard worse" :P
Old 09-22-2015, 11:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

That was a pretty good joke.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-22-2015, 11:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
That was a pretty good joke.
I'm embaressed to say I didn't understand it :P