The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-23-2015, 08:49 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Trooping on Saturday, that Monday is a confirmed event with Queen and Philip at Runnymede and also Garter Day so it is not a one day pop in for William.

Charlotte will be around six weeks by then so with all the family in for the weekend maybe they bring the kids with them for a couple of days in London. KP has a nursery too so it not like they have to drag all the baby gear back and forth between the 2 houses

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Good time for Drs check ups for mommy and baby.

Old 05-23-2015, 10:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

There are doctors near Anmer Hall that Kate and Charlotte can visit for regular checkups. Being royals the doctors are more likely to actually go to them rather than the other way round anyway.

Old 05-28-2015, 07:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 37m 37 minutes ago
#PrinceWilliam will attend #Jewish Care's 25th Anniversary Dinner at Alexandra Palace on 12 June

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-01-2015, 09:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
He mingled with several of the Avengers at a starry polo match on Sunday, and now Prince William is set for some real-life hero time.

On Monday the royal dad, 32, left wife Kate and children Prince George, 22 months, and one-month-old Princess Charlotte at home and clocked in for flying training with his non-royal job as an air ambulance pilot, a palace spokesperson confirmed to PEOPLE.

He is starting his last period of instruction aboard a new helicopter in a bid to be a fully operational pilot for East Anglian Air Ambulance in a few weeks. After then, he will undertake shifts like other pilots, helping save lives in the region of England just north of London.

The palace has said that William will donate his annual salary – reported to be around $60,000 – to an undisclosed charity. He is splitting his training between Cambridge, Norwich and Staverton in Gloucestershire, the home base for Bond Air Services, the company that directly employs him.
More: Prince William: Returns to Work as Air Ambulance Pilot : People.com
Old 06-11-2015, 08:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duke of Cambridge will tonight celebrate the 25th anniversary of a charity which provides health and social care support to the UK's Jewish community.

William will attend a special dinner marking the milestone of Jewish Care at London's Alexandra Palace, and meet the organisation's clients, staff, volunteers and supporters and give a speech.

The organisation provides care and support to 7,000 members of the Jewish community and their families each week, meeting the needs of a range of groups from Holocaust survivors and those with mental health issues to carers and others with degenerative illnesses.

More: The Duke of Cambridge will tonight celebrate the 25th anniversary of Jewish Care | Western Daily Press
Old 06-11-2015, 02:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I thought that was tomorrow?
Old 06-11-2015, 04:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 22m22 minutes ago
Prince William meets Dolly Conway, a 101 year old Jewish Care resident. (Via @KensingtonRoyal)
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...843009/photo/1

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 20m20 minutes ago
Prince William meets Lionel Richie at tonight's Jewish Care event. (Via @NeilLancefield)
https://twitter.com/NeilLancefield/s...775744/photo/1

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-11-2015, 04:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 22m22 minutes ago
Prince William meets Dolly Conway, a 101 year old Jewish Care resident. (Via @KensingtonRoyal)
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...843009/photo/1l]
I guess that answers my ?. Great photo. William has such wonderful people skills. Never get tired of him in a tux either.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince William has delivered an historic address to more than 1,400 people at Jewish Care’s 25th anniversary dinner at Alexandra Palace.

Paying a glowing tribute to the organisation, it was the second-in-line to the throne’s first speech to a Jewish community function.

Introduced to the stage by Lord Levy, he said: “Thank you, Lord Levy, for your kind introduction and, Lionel, for giving your time to entertain us. I imagine the crowd here will be rowdier that what you’ll have at Glastonbury.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you for inviting me to join you this evening for your birthday celebrations. Nearly two hundred years ago, in 1819, there were two quite monumental births. The first was monumental for my family – the birth of my great, great, great, great grandmother, Queen Victoria, who went on to live 81 years and whose daughter-in-law, Alexandra, gave her name to this amazing building.
More: Prince William: "Your unity is precious when British Jews have felt under threat"
Old 06-11-2015, 08:32 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 2: January 2014

You have love the Daily Express article about this event (it's not worth linking to). To summarize it- Diana loved Lionel Ritchie's Hello and there was a blurb say the Cambridges might rent a holiday house this summer in America which was denied.

Old 06-11-2015, 10:30 PM
Heir Apparent

It bugs me more when the DM puts real news into their FeMail category. Which they did with coverage of the Prince at Jewish Care. Prince William praises British Jews at welfare charity dinner in London | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-12-2015, 12:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

AMERICAN singer Lionel Ritchie has serenaded the future king of England with his popular ballad ‘Hello’ at a charity event this evening - telling the audience it was the favourite song of William's mother, Diana-
Lionel Ritchie sings Princess Diana’s ‘favourite song’ to Duke of Cambridge | Royal | News | Daily Express

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-12-2015, 11:51 AM
Heir Apparent

IN PICTURES: Duke of Cambridge at Jewish Care - Jewish News
Old 06-13-2015, 01:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
It bugs me more when the DM puts real news into their FeMail category. Which they did with coverage of the Prince at Jewish Care. Prince William praises British Jews at welfare charity dinner in London | Daily Mail Online
All I can say is that this man has incredible people skills.
Old 06-13-2015, 02:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
All I can say is that this man has incredible people skills.
Yes, he does. He can make pretty much anyone feel at ease. He's at home doing Investitures, talking to the elderly, greeting politicians, and playing with children.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-13-2015, 02:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Yes, he does. He can make pretty much anyone feel at ease. He's at home doing Investitures, talking to the elderly, greeting politicians, and playing with children.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Yup. If I met him, he could put me at ease, and that's saying something. You hit the nail on the head! What is it they say? A man of many hats/ roles. It's a gift. One of the many reasons we love him. He always makes me smile. I must say he seems popular with the LOL's.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 2m2 minutes ago City of London, London
Prince William has a series of royal engagements next week before beginning his first full week of Air Ambulance shifts on July 13.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 3m3 minutes ago City of London, London
William will attend a 10th anniversary event in Hyde Park on Tuesday commemorating the 7/7 London bombings.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1m1 minute ago City of London, London
The Duke of Cambridge will visit the Imperial War Museum Duxford on Thursday. So engagements on Tuesday, Wed (with Kate),Thursday and Friday

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-02-2015, 12:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you Dman. I'm glad that we finally have a start date for his shifts with EAAA and I'm not surprised that a number of engagements will occur before then.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince William is attending a service in Hyde Park in memory of the 52 people who died in the London bombings of 7 July 2005.

A minute's silence was observed earlier as survivors of the attacks and relatives of the victims gathered at a ceremony at St Paul's Cathedral.

After the silence, petals fell from the dome and four candles were lit - one for each of the four blast sites.

Some stations held silences at 08:50 BST - the time of the first explosions.

Giving the address at the anniversary service the Bishop of London, the Right Reverend Richard Chartres, said the attacks had affected people from all over the world.

"Soon after 7 July, the families and the friends of the victims complied a book of tributes. It is a taste of the ocean of pain surrounding the loss of each one of the victims," he said.
More: 7 July London bombings: Ceremonies in memory of victims - BBC News
Old 07-07-2015, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I read somewhere online last week that the victims' families and survivors that organized the Hyde Park event that William is attending specifically asked for him to attend. Given his own history, seems like an excellent ideal