The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-21-2014, 09:05 PM
Majesty

Arthur Edwards @ArthurJEdwards · 3h 3 hours ago
#ChathamHouse Amused Prince William is introduced by MC Richard Birtchnell as The Duke of Edinburgh at Chatham House
https://twitter.com/ArthurJEdwards/s...32248890298369

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-21-2014, 11:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Arthur Edwards @ArthurJEdwards · 3h 3 hours ago
#ChathamHouse Amused Prince William is introduced by MC Richard Birtchnell as The Duke of Edinburgh at Chatham House
https://twitter.com/ArthurJEdwards/s...32248890298369
That is... priceless! LOL!
Illustrates 3 of the many reasons why I love William.
1- When he smiles or laughs the world lights up, and seems better, and you get a good feeling inside. A feeling I can't find a word for. And that's just from looking at pictures of the man- never met him - wish I could.

2- His extraordinary ability to put people at their ease, his sense of humor, and ability to have fun! I'm sure the MC was very grateful for those abilities tonight! He'd need them if he was to meet me- for about 5 seconds. Once the ice was broken, I wouldn't be nervous. But for 5 seconds- wow! If he could put me at ease( and just by looking at pics I know he could, cause I just get this feeling that if he walks into a room ever at a event, and I'm there then I want to take my wheelchair over and get in the front of the line and chat- usually that's so not me. I love to chat, but I get scared and clam up with new people, if he can do that with me, he can do so with anyone) But back to the MC. They were obviously nervous tonight, but W instantly put them at ease.
He could have made a big deal out of the mistake, and embarrassed the person. Instead, he took it with his great sense of humor. It's more important to him that people have fun, rather than formality and protocol and what gets said all the time.And it's OK to tell jokes- as long as they are not insulting, and setting is appropriate. The man knows how to go with the flow. Love that.

3 . The man looks good in a tux.

I think I may have written a novel- LOL!

Old 11-22-2014, 12:07 AM
Serene Highness

And I am in line to buy that novel your going to write. Everything you said about Prince William I second that with a big hug to you. He does remind me of someone though and she is looking down with such pride and love at her son.......and yes he looks fabulous in a tux, that should be his uniform of the day, every day.........
Old 11-22-2014, 11:24 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
That is... priceless! LOL!
Illustrates 3 of the many reasons why I love William.
1- When he smiles or laughs the world lights up, and seems better, and you get a good feeling inside. A feeling I can't find a word for. And that's just from looking at pictures of the man- never met him - wish I could.

2- His extraordinary ability to put people at their ease, his sense of humor, and ability to have fun! I'm sure the MC was very grateful for those abilities tonight! He'd need them if he was to meet me- for about 5 seconds. Once the ice was broken, I wouldn't be nervous. But for 5 seconds- wow! If he could put me at ease( and just by looking at pics I know he could, cause I just get this feeling that if he walks into a room ever at a event, and I'm there then I want to take my wheelchair over and get in the front of the line and chat- usually that's so not me. I love to chat, but I get scared and clam up with new people, if he can do that with me, he can do so with anyone) But back to the MC. They were obviously nervous tonight, but W instantly put them at ease.
He could have made a big deal out of the mistake, and embarrassed the person. Instead, he took it with his great sense of humor. It's more important to him that people have fun, rather than formality and protocol and what gets said all the time.And it's OK to tell jokes- as long as they are not insulting, and setting is appropriate. The man knows how to go with the flow. Love that.

3 . The man looks good in a tux.

I think I may have written a novel- LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
And I am in line to buy that novel your going to write. Everything you said about Prince William I second that with a big hug to you. He does remind me of someone though and she is looking down with such pride and love at her son.......and yes he looks fabulous in a tux, that should be his uniform of the day, every day.........

Ladies, I agree with the both of you. William has a very uncanny ability to put people at ease. I know this for a fact due to a very. very special young lady I've worked with who had the pleasure of meeting him. He is what Rose said, and probably more. Our world is a better place because of people like the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:21 AM
Majesty

More on that story here: Prince William is accidentally introduced as his grandfather | Royalista
Old 11-23-2014, 12:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^^I also remember a video clip where William was being interviewed by a young girl. As she made her introduction she referred to him as Prince Harry. William burst out laughing and asked her to leave it as is.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
^^^I also remember a video clip where William was being interviewed by a young girl. As she made her introduction she referred to him as Prince Harry. William burst out laughing and asked her to leave it as is.

I remember that as well. It was amusing, and showed William's delightful sense of humor.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 11-23-2014, 01:09 PM
Majesty

I remember when he and Catherine were in Canada, William was introduced as the 'douche of Cambridge' and Catherine burst into laughter.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-23-2014, 01:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I remember when he and Catherine were in Canada, William was introduced as the 'douche of Cambridge' and Catherine burst into laughter.
In all the stories where things go wrong, names get mispronounced and even mistaken for someone else, their easy going natures and ability to just enjoy the moment must for sure have saved some people embarrassment. It ends up not being so much as a faux pas but rather a memorable occasion.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:57 PM
Nobility

William gets that easy going humor from The Queen. I still remember in May 2007 when President Bush made that embarrassing flub about the long-serving HM being around in the 1700's when he meant 1970's, she just made a witty comeback about her age.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
William gets that easy going humor from The Queen. I still remember in May 2007 when President Bush made that embarrassing flub about the long-serving HM being around in the 1700's when he meant 1970's, she just made a witty comeback about her age.
I remember that quite well and in fact, was thinking of that when I wrote my previous post. I couldn't recall the exact details so omitted it. If I recall, she stated something like "I'm not quite that old" with a smile.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:04 PM
Majesty

I remember all the incidents that are mentioned here, and they all make me smile still. I think that quite a few members of the British Royal Family have a sense of humor that we find so very enjoyable. William certainly has great examples in his paternal grandparents, and of course his father, just to name a few.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:38 AM
Majesty

Peter Hunt @BBCPeterHunt · 2h 2 hours ago
Prince William will visit China early next year the BBC understands.

It's not clear if the Duchess of Cambridge will travel to China. She'll be heavily pregnant.

A visit by William to China highlights the fact that his father Prince Charles has not undertaken such a tour.

After the Hong Kong handover Prince Charles wrote in his diary that some Chinese officials were "appalling old waxworks".

When Prince Philip went to China in 1986 he told some British students, "if you stay here much longer, you'll all be slitty eyed".

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-24-2014, 09:42 AM
Courtier

Peter Hunt is a closet Republican...

The Prince of Wales is [rightly IMHO] a staunch supporter of HH the Dalai Lama, and the rights of the oppressed Tibetan people...
Old 11-24-2014, 09:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Peter Hunt is a closet Republican...

The Prince of Wales is [rightly IMHO] a staunch supporter of HH the Dalai Lama, and the rights of the oppressed Tibetan people...
Probably why you don't send him to China to improve relations. William doesn't have any political baggage.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 11-24-2014, 10:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Probably why you don't send him to China to improve relations. William doesn't have any political baggage.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Maybe he doesn't have any political baggage but this would be an excellent time to try and push his advocacy for illegal poaching with China. I'd have to go back and read up again on United for Wildlife but if I'm not mistaken, China is one of the biggest areas of concern for the illegal trade and selling of ivory and tusks.

Just a thought.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
William doesn't have any political baggage.
Except being a fierce opponent of the hunting of Elephants & Tigers, both of whose 'products' the Chinese value HIGHLY, and about whose future survival they seem to care not a JOT !
Old 11-24-2014, 10:04 AM
Aristocracy

There is nothing confirmed about this report...confirmations about trips come with exact dates...these reporters need to chill a bit and not get too excited because he is still in the air ambulance training process until april.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iisuzieii View Post
There is nothing confirmed about this report...confirmations about trips come with exact dates...these reporters need to chill a bit and not get too excited because he is still in the air ambulance training process until april.
As this is in two threads, I'll just point out that in the General Information thread there is a release posted by BBC News in regards to this trip.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-30180502
Old 11-24-2014, 10:59 AM
Royal Highness

BBC News - Prince William's most significant overseas visit
Quote:
This will be Prince William's most significant overseas visit.

When the trip was being planned, the hope was that his wife would accompany him.

But when it takes place the Duchess of Cambridge will be heavily pregnant and it's unlikely she'll now be part of a tour designed to strengthen Britain's relationship with China.

Prince William's presence in Beijing and elsewhere will highlight the fact that his father hasn't yet undertaken such a journey.