The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 2: January 2014 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
William_zpsfa7c4da6.png

Arms of H.R.H. The Duke of Cambridge

Welcome to The Duke of Cambridge's
Current Events, Part Two

Commencing January 2, 2014

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cepe-I didn't have the chance to mention this in the old thread, but completely agree that some people do not understand the seriousness of the hacked voicemails. Yes his messages to Kate and Harry were cute and amusing, but a person's privacy was violated. Public figure or private person everyone should be assured of their own personal privacy.

:previous: Thank you. It was illegal and for me, that's the important point. Content isn't relevant.

Awww... he's gone and done it again! This most certainly is a man that seems to know exactly what will brighten up someone's day and does it. :flowers:

You said it! He has a gift. Melts hearts every time!;)

Brilliant! I'm so happy for Melissa!

It never gets old reading about William and his acts of kindness.:D

Awww... he's gone and done it again! This most certainly is a man that seems to know exactly what will brighten up someone's day and does it. :flowers:

You said it! He has a gift. Melts hearts every time!;)

Ladies, I share your sentiments. This man definitely knows how to make someone's day. What I love most, is the fact that he's sincere about it. I doubt that anyone from his PR team told him to do something like this. He just saw an opportunity, and took it. William (along with his wife) has a heart of gold.

I am with you as far as being sincere, and natural. That intuitive way of knowing who needs you, and drawing them in. Letting people be quietly aware you are there for them- a gift.

Will he cbe commuting every day then? Or just few days? I thought he'd be staying in Cambridge and coming back in the weekends

Will he cbe commuting every day then? Or just few days? I thought he'd be staying in Cambridge and coming back in the weekends

Per the Express article posted above, he will commute though he has free accommodations.

Per the Express article posted above, he will commute though he has free accommodations.

I think that for the ordinary lecture days that's what he will do, but there are also field trips, tours etc which may mean that he needs to be based in Cambridge. He's got flexibility to meet the various needs of the course. Also, spending a few nights in Cambridge with some of the others on the course would be a good for team building.

Video:
The Duke of Cambridge has arrived at Cambridge University this morning, to start a 10-week course in Agricultural Management. However, his enrolment has led some to question whether other students with similar A-Level grades would have qualified to study at the world-famous institution.

3rd year student Tim Squirrell has described the controversy as ‘a storm in a tea cup’ while Will Heilperin, who edits ‘Cambridge Tab’ says fellow students have a ‘vague feeling of excitement’ about his arrival-
Home - ITNSource News

For security reasons I cant imagine they will release where he is staying - most likely a family friend with secure entrance. I wouldn't expect it more than a few nights a week. I would assume a lot would depend on his ability to not inconvenience his host. Hopefully this hoopla will die down and he can do what he needs to.

For security reasons I cant imagine they will release where he is staying - most likely a family friend with secure entrance. I wouldn't expect it more than a few nights a week. I would assume a lot would depend on his ability to not inconvenience his host. Hopefully this hoopla will die down and he can do what he needs to.

I'm glad you mentioned this because that was my concern with the your man whom wanted people to "track" where William was and post it on twitter. So, so stupid.

I don't think the criticism from Prince William's fellow Cambridge students is fair - William is not going to Cambridge for a degree but to complete a ten week professional education course. Perhaps his time there will bring widespread attention to the benefits of lifelong learning.

I wrote about this today:

http://www.royalhistorian.com/why-prince-william-belongs-at-cambridge/

He also will be king one day. They should want him to get the best kind of education possible.

:ermm:I don't understand anyone complaining that William is getting into Cambridge at all, after all, he is only there for 10 week course, not a 4 year degree. I don't know of a college that doesn't have these type of programs.......they all do. It helps the college to make more money with these type of courses.....the person can say *they went to so and so college* even if for a 8/10 week course. The University of Chicago has these type of courses and being a history buff they are great for people like me that want to learn more about a certain subject...even Harvard has these type of courses........so is the media making a stink out of nothing just to sell more papers............seems so to me. Most students that go to college know that this can be done..........no big deal, I say let William get all the education he wants as he will be able to use it in the future. I think he is one smart young man who can for see what needs to be done.

It should be noted that Prince William already holds a degree in Geography from the University of St. Andrews and a Scottish Master of Arts degree, so he was hardly applying for a place as an undergraduate fresh out of school.

To me, "controversy" implies that a significant number of people are offended… this situation seems more like one guy trying to make a fuss with a snarky student newspaper article. I don't get the impression that a lot of Cambridge students are actually upset.

It wouldn't bode well for the UK's supposed best and brightest if they couldn't figure out the difference between what William is doing and the regular course of studies at Cambridge.

It is simply royal bashing and has become an issue as a result as it has been picked up by the mainstream media who aren't helping the situation by not spelling out the difference between the undergraduate courses and the type of course he is doing.

Publishing the different A level results of the royals in the DM is to me to show that none of them had the grades to enter Cambridge (and they didn't - strings were pulled to get both Charles and Edward there) but it is also to bash the royals - seems a favourite pastime for some of the media.

It seems that a Mr. Helipern who is the editor of The Tab at Cambridge (forgive if I got that wrong, read it somewhere else and trying to remember correctly) wants the student to follow and take pictures of William wherever he goes. To me this seems like *Stalking* and *Harassment* and could become a very serious problem for William if this happens. Remember there are tons of *crazies* out there wanting to make a name for themselves and it seems that Mr. Helipern is one of them. He goes to Cambridge, he is the editor of a newspaper.............shouldn't he know better then to start this kind of trouble? I will try to go back to the site and find this article and if found will repost the site where I saw it.............Mr. Helipern seems very jealous of William because he himself is not a royal..........the DM, well, they are to be given not thought at all as they are worthless, their editors, writers and owners.

I think William going to become more informed is great ... good luck to him... IMO

He goes to Cambridge, he is the editor of a newspaper.............shouldn't he know better then to start this kind of trouble? I will try to go back to the site and find this article and if found will repost the site where I saw it.............Mr. Helipern seems very jealous of William because he himself is not a royal..........the DM, well, they are to be given not thought at all as they are worthless, their editors, writers and owners.

He's starting this kind of "trouble" or attempting to, because he believes William has got into Cambridge because of his title not because of his A-Level grades which is what gets students into Cambridge. Students for most courses need A*AA, William got ABC. There has been much debate because William is not actually getting any qualification out of this course, it's just a more knowledge course, it's pretty much a "pay to go" advancement class which anyone can go on.

Mr Helipern isn't a crazy, and I don't think he's jealous of William. Like you say he's the editor of his newspaper, and newspaper's tend to sensationalise stories for readership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom