The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-03-2014, 03:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Our William really has been a busy guy with a very full life lately hasn't he?

Not only studying and preparing to work air ambulance as a career, he's been quite busy with his duties to his Sovereign with investitures and planning to represent HM early next year in China. On top of that he does seem to be following in his father's footstep insofar as he's not just lending his name to charities and patronages but also gets out there and does what he can to make a difference.

He's not only stepping up, he's also standing up.
I agree!

Old 12-03-2014, 07:32 PM
Majesty

Quote:

Not only studying and preparing to work air ambulance as a career, he's been quite busy with his duties to his Sovereign with investitures and planning to represent HM early next year in China. On top of that he does seem to be following in his father's footstep insofar as he's not just lending his name to charities and patronages but also gets out there and does what he can to make a difference.

Well said . I couldn't agree more.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I think this is the pattern we will see over the next few years whilst he works in East Anglia. You will see periods of flurry, with quite a few engagements, and then periods when he will focus on the Air Ambulance job.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I think this is the pattern we will see over the next few years whilst he works in East Anglia. You will see periods of flurry, with quite a few engagements, and then periods when he will focus on the Air Ambulance job.
I think so too. One thing that struck me as interesting is that from reading the article on lobbying for funds for air ambulances, it occurred to me that this has been an ongoing, behind the scenes kind of thing for a while and has finally bore fruit. Another good example of things that go on that we have no clue about.
Old 12-06-2014, 09:38 AM
Serene Highness

Charity’s film to raise awareness about Ebola in West Africa wins support of Prince William | Ely News
Quote:
A film produced with the help of a Cambridgeshire man to raise awareness about the devastating Ebola situation in West Africa has received support from Prince William.

Colin Stevens, from Ely, is an associate producer at Purple Field Productions – a charity which makes films and videos for educational and humanitarian purposes.

He and the charity have been working with the Future View Film Group, which is made up of young people aged 18 to 30 from Sierra Leone.

Despite witnessing terrible events and losing friends and relatives, the group is dedicated to creating films that can help their community and has made an educational music video to raise awareness about the tragic Ebola situation in their country.

In a YouTube video launched by the Palace, Prince William says he is watching the Ebola situation with "great concern" and he expresses support for the group of young filmmakers.
Old 12-06-2014, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

I think someone should take a candid picture of William right about now. It probably would look like he had a goofy grin with smears of cherry, raspberries, pumpkin and other such goodies all over his face.

He's got his fingers into a lot of pies lately.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:45 AM
Serene Highness

Clarence House ‏@ClarenceHouse 39 secs39 seconds ago South East, England
The Duke of Cambridge has been Patron of @mountrescueuk since 2007 #MREW. Find out more about HRH's Patronages here: Patronages

Mountain Rescue ‏@mountrescueuk
HRH Duke of Cambridge showing his support for #MREW and the work of UK #MountainRescue teams: Mountain Rescue England and Wales | Fundraising
Old 01-26-2015, 12:58 PM
Serene Highness

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal · 1 hr 1 hour ago
The Duke of Cambridge is Patron of Henry Worsley's Antarctic expedition the 2015/16 Shackleton Solo Challenge in aid of @EndeavourFund

Prince William supporting new Shackleton Antarctic expedition | Western Morning News
Quote:
The Duke of Cambridge is backing a polar explorer’s attempt to complete Sir Ernest Shackleton’s unfinished journey to the South Pole.

Prince William has become patron of Lieutenant Colonel Henry Worsley’s third Antarctic expedition – the 2015/16 Shackleton Solo Challenge.

Sir Ernest Shackleton’s departure from Plymouth on his ill-fated quest to cross Antarctica is legendary in the annals of history.

Shackleton and his crew boarded their ship, the Endurance, at Millbay Docks in Plymouth on August 8, 1914, setting out to become the first team to cross the continent via the South Pole.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal · 1 hr 1 hour ago
The Duke of Cambridge is Patron of Henry Worsley's Antarctic expedition the 2015/16 Shackleton Solo Challenge in aid of @EndeavourFund

Prince William supporting new Shackleton Antarctic expedition | Western Morning News
I'm wondering if Wills gave the heads up to look for the ice castle loo that has been built in the area previously.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:39 AM
Serene Highness

Prince William backs Sir Ernest Shackleton adventure to cross Antarctic | Western Daily Press
Old 02-07-2015, 10:05 AM
Serene Highness

Kensington PalaceVerified account ‏@KensingtonRoyal

Read The Duke of Cambridge's message for @BAFTA Give Something Back campaign to help new & emerging talent http://issuu.com/bafta/docs/bafta-film-gala-dinner-2015-brochur/1?e=2564789/11289897 … via @Issuu

William is the president of BAFTA

Tags
centrepoint, charities, patronages, prince william, tusk trust