The Duke of Cambridge Charities and Patronages 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And as she mentioned while she was here in Canada she worries each time her husband has to rescue someone so I can't imagine how worried she'll be now that they'll be apart. I mean I know the stint is only one month but I'm sure it'll still be hard on her.Hopefully it's something she was able to talk about with the military wives at the dinner tonight.

HRHDuchesskate HRHDuchesskate

CONFIRMED Duchess Kate's dress is a custom made Jenny Packham dress.
"She was very excited for us about the baby. She’s just very lovely and genuine and sweet."
Georgina Wessels, an old friend from St Andrews who was at the event tonight. (via loversofroyalty)

Last edited:
Kate must be devastated that Will is leaving for the Falklands in January for six weeks, but she's a military wife and has to expect that. She also knew in advance that this was going to happen, so she's had time to prepare herself. But it's still hard, I'm sure.

I think it'll be very difficult, especially since she's just getting used to being a working royal (even if a part-time one), but with the support of her family and William's family, I want to say she'll do all right. I think having some sort of preparation and knowledge that such a deployment was going to occur was a great help; it made the news perhaps a little less overwhelming.

And as she mentioned while she was here in Canada she worries each time her husband has to rescue someone so I can't imagine how worried she'll be now that they'll be apart. I mean I know the stint is only one month but I'm sure it'll still be hard on her.Hopefully it's something she was able to talk about with the military wives at the dinner tonight.

I remember watching one of the tour clips and hearing her say that. Like you, I hope she'll be able to find some support in other spouses on the base in Wales, and of course in her and William's family.

By the way, thank you so much for all the pictures, articles and other links. It's appreciated.

I like the gown except for the left sleeve and think that it would have been prettier sleeveless or with both shoulders covered. The flow and draping of the material is beautiful, though. As for Kate's make-up, more makeup makes sense in the evening. Her eyeliner doesn't look as harsh here as it does in sunlight.

It's a wonderful cause to support, the Memorial Arboretum.

Love the earrings...the gown is hideous. Sorry, but that is just awful! The makeup is over the top, as well. Sigh...

Sigh? Well that is your opinion, but I completely disagree. It's a classic grecian design which she carries it off very well, and the fabric is soft and flowing which is perfect for a formal evening event. I also can't understand your view on the makeup being over the top. It's an evening event and entirely appropriate to wear darker colors.

I actually went through the entire Tumbler account; very nice photos and GIFs of Will and Kate all the way back to their engagement.

Looking at some of those was a little nostalgic. Still can't believe it'll be a year since the announcement of the engagement.

thanks to everyone for the photos!!! william and catherine are a very loverly couple! I am argentina, so here wil be a scandal when wills go to the facklands, (malvinas here) because many people here don't forget the war yet, but anyway it's great he go because it's his work, I fell sorry for kate, six weeks alone.

Sigh? Well that is your opinion, but I completely disagree. It's a classic grecian design which she carries it off very well, and the fabric is soft and flowing which is perfect for a formal evening event. I also can't understand your view on the makeup being over the top. It's an evening event and entirely appropriate to wear darker colors.

There is a difference between evening makeup and theatrical make-up. Kate's makeup was more the latter than the former.

I said nothing detrimental about the fabric.

Thanks for the video, Ghost Night. I had to :lol: when the camera was zeroing in on Kate's hands hovering over her abdomen. Are they trying to insinuate something?? ;)

Thanks for the video, Ghost Night. I had to :lol: when the camera was zeroing in on Kate's hands hovering over her abdomen. Are they trying to insinuate something?? ;)

Oh, I think this speculation on the part of the press will not stop until there's a statement from BP, CH, or St.JP stating that Catherine is in fact NOT pregnant :ROFLMAO:. Now that would be a riot :D.

Thank you, as usual.

Glad to see that Catherine enjoys singing. It can be very relaxing (I used to sing, but after not doing it for over ten years, I'm too scared to open my mouth and make my neighbors run for the hills :lol:). The coat is lovely, which not surprising. Looking forward to seeing their pictures on Christmas Day, after Church services.

Well done William! I am impressed by his commitment and that of the Duchess to help forgotten members of society. They do not just pick the glamorous charities to support.

Well done William! I am impressed by his commitment and that of the Duchess to help forgotten members of society. They do not just pick the glamorous charities to support.

Indeed. That's why we love, respect and admire this couple (and them as individuals too).

ghost_night554 said:
Some news... St Gile Trust...

That sounds interesting. And promising. :)

The SkillForce article certainly had the tone of JLoP more than William himself. But of course I can let that slide.... LOL.

Isn't there another event tonight?

Yes at the Imperial War Museum. Guests are currently arriving

I don't know how to break this news but apparently she is wearing a dark grey dress. No pics yet but its by Amanda Wakely. Info from Richard Palmer, Daily Express

Last edited:
I don't know how to break this news but apparently sh is wearing a dark grey dress

Not surprised as it is one of the colors she tends to go for if not black or beige.

LL ‏ @liltinglimes RT @Wilkinson_David William and Kate meeting guests at the Imperial War Museum's fundraising event http://pic.twitter.com/fCAxo9X3
David Wilkinson ‏ @Wilkinson_David
Kate arriving, wearing a charcoal dress by Amanda Wakeley http://pic.twitter.com/SiOsv2Pt
...And William arriving at the Imperial War Museum. He will give a speech soon. #royal http://pic.twitter.com/znCNbVuU
The dress is:
Rebecca English ‏ @RE_DailyMail Grey Amanda wakeley with a chain belt for the duchess of cambridge tonight
Sorry for the delay our internet went down temp.

So not too much news from this event, hopefully more info comes later.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom