The Duke of Cambridge Charities and Patronages 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Kate looked amazing in that red dress/black polo combo. She has a great sense of style, and dresses very well to suit her figure and tastes. I'd love to get my hands on those boots!

Thanks everyone for posting all the pictures and videos and such. Kate looks absolutely lovely and it's so nice to see her and William out and about doing these kinds of events.

I knew her outfit today reminded me of one Diana wore. Add some black buttons to the POW suit and it could be the same one in orange.

Kate Middleton Pictures - Prince William And Kate Middleton Visit University Of St Andrews - Zimbio

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

I'd immediately thought of the same thing!

In regards to William being affectionate with Kate during the walkabouts, it reminds me of how Diana was popular with the British because they had a royal who showed warmth to her children. Now, the Brits have royals who show warmth to each other! This may be very exciting for them!

I knew her outfit today reminded me of one Diana wore. Add some black buttons to the POW suit and it could be the same one in orange.

Kate Middleton Pictures - Prince William And Kate Middleton Visit University Of St Andrews - Zimbio

As soon as I saw her outfit I thought it was very Diana .... didn't dare mention it incase the 'don't compare Kate to Diana' police jumped on me ... lol ... :flowers:
It's such a classic look ... i just love it !!!

As soon as I saw her outfit I thought it was very Diana .... didn't dare mention it incase the 'don't compare Kate to Diana' police jumped on me ... lol ... :flowers:
It's such a classic look ... i just love it !!!

I don't think there are any "police" as such.
In this case the comment was warranted but I think it was good that we all stopped and considered whether there was need to make it.
As you say, the look is classic and Catherine kept it current with the black buttons and the long boots.

Prince William and Catherine Middleton visited the university of St Andrews as Patron of the 600th Anniversary Appeal. February 25, 2011

PPE Agency Papal

Yes, maybe William kept his mom's wardrobe, gave it to Catherine (times of austerity, remember the engagement ring, the wish to include Mom...) and Catherine had it colored - from brighter to darker it's an easy option... Just kidding!!:flowers:

But I can really see the headlines at the Di Express: Catherine recycles Diana's clothes and the Mail: Did William keep Mom's best frocks and gave it to Catherine?

There were a few of us who found the outfits very similar - I know as soon as I saw Kate wearing the outfit I thought of that outfit of Diana's (which happens to be one of my favorites of hers). I don't think anyone meant anything negative by bringing it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
The journalists are never going to get her title/name right, expecting that they will is a waste of energy.

Exactly. Camilla is often referred to as Camilla Parker Bowles, and some refer to Sarah and Sophie as Sarah Ferguson Duchess of York and Sophie Rhys Jones Countess of Wessex.

Exactly. Camilla is often referred to as Camilla Parker Bowles, and some refer to Sarah and Sophie as Sarah Ferguson Duchess of York and Sophie Rhys Jones Countess of Wessex.

Is it me or is that their ignorance or plain rude? Or both?

It's easy, if the press went with all title most people wouldn't know who was being talked about.

Is it me or is that their ignorance or plain rude? Or both?

Ignorance and rude, I would also say lack of respect. Nowhere in the world would they refer to someone by their name without a title if they had one.

They don't seem to get the point that William can attend an event alone, we will see Kate a lot in the next few days or weeks, so whats the big deal if she decided to do other things while William is having some fun.

It's easy, if the press went with all title most people wouldn't know who was being talked about.

I don't know... what if they would have put i.e. Duchess of Cambridge (formally known as Kate Middleton) and so on? That sounds way better. I also think if they would have the titles right from the begining, the readers would have gotten used to who those people they are talking about are. It just takes a little bit of an effort from the press which I don't simply see.

I don't know... what if they would have put i.e. Duchess of Cambridge (formally known as Kate Middleton) and so on? That sounds way better. I also think if they would have the titles right from the begining, the readers would have gotten used to who those people they are talking about are. It just takes a little bit of an effort from the press which I don't simply see.

The answer is simple; what you're suggesting would make sense, and we all know that in today's world common sense is not all that common anymore.

The answer is simple; what you're suggesting would make sense, and we all know that in today's world common sense is not all that common anymore.

Amen to that!! Factor in an increasing amount of laziness due to things being so easy to do these days and I fear for our young ones/the Next Generation. :sad:

I totally agree - a bit of effort has never hurt anyone.

There are zillions of people who read newspapers online. Some of those zillions are not royal family oriented and at this early stage of Wills and Kate becoming someone else. I don't see a problem with "Dutchess of Cambridge (formerly or neé Kate Middleton). It's merely a point of reference for readers.

That's great for you, but it's not right and it's nothing but lazy journalism.

If I let that go into a report back in Broadcast Journalism School, not only would I have gotten an automatic D, but would have also had to rewrite the story before going to air *and* give a "donation" to the Boo Boo Jar we had. That, considering it would be a "Biggie Boo Boo", would have been a Five Dollar "Donation".

I get just as ticked off when I see HRH Camilla Parker-Bowles The Duchess of Cornwall or HRH Sophie Rhys-Jones The Countess of Wessex. It's one of those things Journalists *should* know better about. And after the last year and a half, if people can't figure out who HRH Catherine Duchess of Cambridge is when reading an article about Prince William and/or TRF, then I would be wondering what rock they've been under for that period of time.

:previous:Is it just me, does everyone look a little uncomfortable in those pictures? William looks like he'd rather be off camera (not unusual, since he's not attention/photo op hungry).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom