The Duke of Cambridge Charities and Patronages 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince William: Patron of WellChild, a charity which cares for sick children

Here's an article on the second half of the day's activities: William is the prince of cuddles.

He looks like he's a real natural with children -- I love the picture where he's hugging the little boy! Very sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Prince of Cuddles" - that's very cute.
It looks like he had fun and yes he looks like he's good with children. He'll probably make a great father some day.

Prince William: Patron of WellChild, a charity which cares for sick children

Here's an article on the second half of the day's activities: William is the prince of cuddles.
:) Aw - I like the picture of him with eight-year-old Harrison Holmes. :cry::sad: It's too bad he's sick - I wonder what he has.

:previous::) Aww - he's good with kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that this is the footage from when William and Harry helped out with the tsunami in 2006.

I thought it was the 2004 tsunami - the huge Boxing Day tsunami that killed at least 250,000.

The reason why I know it happened in 2004 was that it was stilll huge news when I was in China and they were reporting regularly how much local Chinese people were contributing (huge sums as percentage of their incomes by the way) and I went to China in 2005.

I was also there when the Harry wearing Nazi shirt broke a week after (14th January 2005) they were reported as doing some work for the Red Cross for the tsunami (7th January 2005).

VIDEO

Princes William and Harry have been inspired by their parents to extend their charitable links with the launch of a new forum.
The second-in-line to the throne has explained that he intends to find "his own way" and wants to be more than just a royal "ornament".

BBC NEWS | UK | Princes extend charitable links
------------
They are starting to follow in their fathers footsteps - good for them!:clap::clap:
-----------------------
Britain's Prince William says his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, is his inspiration when it comes to doing good works.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hjaJbROSiOLBMDeLRGgGGnTVkLGwD9ASU6Q80

Prince William said he does not want to be "an ornament" in his royal duties and has paid tribute to the charitable work of his parents, saying he was "not in their league".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...ce-William-I-dont-want-to-be-an-ornament.html

Prince William said today he did not want to be seen as a royal 'ornament' and he is determined to improve on his parents' charitable work.

Well, I am very impressed with this charitable work and I do hope that the princes' public profile will increase through charity work.

It's wonderful William wants to find his own way, however I'd prefer more work and less talk.
William and Harry could certainly benefit from the example of their parents and grandparents when it comes to charity work. :)

Not to be critical but I'd prefer he stop saying "um" after every sentence when he talks. He has a really nice voice. But he might need a public speaking coach to help him out. Even Diana hired a coach to help her with speaking in public.
With that said I'm glad he and Harry are taking initiatives to make a positive difference. :flowers:

This is very good news. Charles must be proud of William, I'm sure the Princess would have been too.

It's wonderful William wants to find his own way, however I'd prefer more work and less talk.
William and Harry could certainly benefit from the example of their parents and grandparents when it comes to charity work. :)
Actually I think he's done more work this year or atleast it seems like it to me :flowers: He seems alot more into his work as well and much more confident then a few years back. I already see alot of his families methods when it comes to his charity work.

Yes, we've seen more of William in the last year. At least that's my impression. To be doing charitable work and being in training at the same time is an achievement worth mentioning.

Actually I think he's done more work this year or atleast it seems like it to me :flowers: He seems alot more into his work as well and much more confident then a few years back. I already see alot of his families methods when it comes to his charity work.

This is amazing work. Bringing charities together like this can be very hard work, and they are already showing some successes. Really really great work from the Princes.

Not to be critical but I'd prefer he stop saying "um" after every sentence when he talks. He has a really nice voice. But he might need a public speaking coach to help him out. Even Diana hired a coach to help her with speaking in public.
With that said I'm glad he and Harry are taking initiatives to make a positive difference. :flowers:

Public speaking can be quite daunting for some, so I am sure William will get better with time. I am sure the umms and ahhs will dissappear as he gets more confident with time.

Public speaking can be quite daunting for some, so I am sure William will get better with time. I am sure the umms and ahhs will dissappear as he gets more confident with time.
Oh I agree muriel. I realize he's still fairly new with it and I'm sure in time and with practice he'll be great at it! :flowers:

I think it's a great idea to bring all of these charities together to support each other and work together, especially during these difficult financial times. Good for William! And I think it's great that he's doing more engagements as his training schedule permits.

Prince William To Become Patron Of Hedge Fund Group Charity

The U.K.'s Prince William has dipped a toe into the world of hedge funds by agreeing to serve as an industry group's philanthropy patron.
The prince, who is second line to the throne behind his father, Prince Charles, for the next three years will direct the philanthropic activities of 100 Women in Hedge Funds, a non-profit organization that has raised more than $ 17 million since 2001 for women's health, education and mentoring.

Prince William To Become Patron Of Hedge Fund Group Charity

The U.K.'s Prince William has dipped a toe into the world of hedge funds by agreeing to serve as an industry group's philanthropy patron.
The prince, who is second line to the throne behind his father, Prince Charles, for the next three years will direct the philanthropic activities of 100 Women in Hedge Funds, a non-profit organization that has raised more than $ 17 million since 2001 for women's health, education and mentoring.
This is fantastic news! :clap:

It's great news for William's charities. I hope they're able to raise a lot of money (and awareness) for these worthy causes.

It was nice of those women to agree to help William's causes. Perhaps this came about from that meeting he had last month with all of those charities. What a coup for William!

Princes William and Harry set up charity for poor children

Prince William and Prince Harry are believed to have donated a six-figure sum to create a foundation funding causes for underprivileged children and wounded servicemen.

The organisation was only ratified by the Charities Commission last month and will not be in a position to make grants for several years, but the young royals insist it will be a life-long commitment.

The charity - which doesn't have a name yet - will focus on three main areas - young people, sustainable development at home and overseas, and veterans affairs and the welfare of wounded servicemen.

The princes hope to use their profile to raise cash from wealthy private individuals and institutions. They have also invested a 'significant' amount of their own money to help get the charity up and running and will continue to make top-up payments.

This is an excellent cause and I congratulate the Princes for successful launch of the charity. I am sure their father will be able to give them valuable advice how to run and expand it.

I am especially glad to see that one of their main aims is to deal with veterans' affairs and the welfare of wounded soldiers - not surprising, considering their strong ties with military.

Thanks Marsel. I'm impressed with this! Not only are they setting up their first foundation but giving a huge chunk of money out of their own private funds to get it started. Very generous of them. I wish them great success!

That's wonderful indeed. What a milestone for them to start their own charity, and selfless of them to give of their own money. Six figures! I can't wait to see exactly what they do with this foundation. :clap:

You're welcome, rchat! :flowers:
This isn't their foundation though, not Harry's at any rate: don't forget Sentable.

cd255, I'm waiting forward to the actual launch of the charity as well. :)
They have selected an excellent team of advisers (some of them were or still are working with Prince Charles), so I hope everything will run smoothly.

Last edited:
You're welcome, rchat! :flowers:
This isn't their foundation though, not Harry's at any rate: don't forget Sentable.
Are you sure it's not their foundation Marsel? According to this part it sounds to me like it is:
"The brothers are believed to have donated a six-figure sum to create a foundation funding causes for underprivileged children and wounded servicemen. "

Harry set up Sentabale with someone else, so I don't see why he couldn't have this one too with his brother, unless I misunderstood something.

It sounds wonderful. Very well done to the Princes.
Prince William has Centrepoint, Harry has Sentebale.

I don't think this is their charity, they may have funded it but i don't think it mentions in the article that it was their idea? :)
They are cleverly using their profiles to get money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom