The Duke of Cambridge Charities and Patronages 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An update on last week's NET video message:

https://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk...oronavirus-emergency-appeal-launched-william/

The National Emergencies Trust appeal to raise money for charities helping vulnerable people during the coronavirus outbreak has raised nearly £11 million in its first week.

First allocations totalling around £2.5 million will begin going out to a network of 46 local community foundations across the country.

The money will be used to support those who are isolated, facing loss of income or recovering at home from the Covid-19 illness.

Last edited:
Excellent news that so much has been raised in such a short time.?

I've been scrolling through trying to see if the royals did anything for Easter - deliver a message on TV that sort of thing. Did they?

The Duke of Cambridge has become patron of NET, National Emergencies Trust.

He also video called a recipient of some of the trusts funding:

Also has a conversation with @MoorlandsGoole in Yorkshire

"Our Patron The Duke of Cambridge has written to us, acknowledging the need for bereavement support: “Covid-19 is a virus that does not discriminate. I am certain you will all rise to that challenge and become a crucial lifeline for those that are suffering unthinkable loss.”"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EWDXtVpUMAIUl64?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Last edited by a moderator:
Court Circular 19th May:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Cambridge, Patron, the National Emergencies Trust, this afternoon talked to representatives and beneficiaries from Finding Your Feet, Paisley, via video link.

His Royal Highness, Patron, the National Emergencies Trust, afterwards talked to representatives from Possibilities For Each and Every Kid, Glasgow, via video link.

Video link:

More on NET's Covid Appeal:
https://nationalemergenciestrust.org.uk/net-1400-groups-providing-wellbeing-support-receive-funding/
In its first eight weeks, NET’s Coronavirus Appeal received more than £60m in pledges from businesses, charitable trusts and the public – and distributed more than £30m of this to local charities and organisations supporting those in urgent need. Earlier this week, a significant pledge of £20m from the Association of British Insurers (ABI) and the wider insurance and long term savings industry took the pledge total to £80m.

Court Circular 4th June:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Cambridge, Patron, the Passage, held a Meeting via video link with beneficiaries, staff and volunteers of the Passage, London, who have helped homeless people during the coronavirus pandemic.

Yesterday, June 30, the Duke of Cambridge as Patron of London's Air Ambulance Charity participated in the weekly operations meeting:

** Pic **

"Our Patron The Duke of Cambridge has sent a lovely message of support to our Trustee Alex Fitzgibbons, who is beginning an epic journey from London to Stockholm in aid of Child Bereavement UK, covering 2,020 + km swimming, cycling, running and kayaking."

"Our Patron The Duke of Cambridge has sent a lovely message of support to our Trustee Alex Fitzgibbons, who is beginning an epic journey from London to Stockholm in aid of Child Bereavement UK, covering 2,020 + km swimming, cycling, running and kayaking."

Alexander Fitzgibbons and his wife Cristina Stenbeck are good friends with crown princess Victoria and prince Daniel, who sent a message of support to Alexander a couple of days ago.
https://www.theroyalforums.com/foru...-4-september-2017-a-43153-20.html#post2338792

I have started the challenge and will be running, cycling, swimming and kayaking the 2,020 kilometres from London to Stockholm in aid of Child Bereavement UK, a charity of which I am a trustee. It’s a 16-day, entirely self-propelled challenge and I am aiming to raise £1 million (or 12 million SEK).
This challenge will be entirely self-funded ensuring Child Bereavement will receive 100% of all donations made.
ALEXANDER FITZGIBBONS is fundraising for Child Bereavement UK

The Duke of Cambridge has written a "letter of support recognising the work and sacrifices made by the Ambulance Community in these difficult times":

** Letter **

The Duke of Cambridge has contributed to the cookbook 'A Taste of Home' to mark the 40th anniversary of Passage Charity.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge @KensingtonRoyal
To mark the 40th anniversary of @PassageCharity, Prince William has written the foreword to their upcoming cookbook 'A Taste of Home'.
The book commemorates four decades of charitable work, with all profits going directly towards supporting people who are street homeless.
7:02 PM · Oct 2, 2020·Twitter Web App​

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge @KensingtonRoyal
Replying to @KensingtonRoyal
Established in 1980, @PassageCharity is the UK’s largest resource centre for homeless and insecurely housed people. It has helped over 130,000 people through its resource centre, homelessness prevention projects and innovative accommodation services.
https://passage.org.uk/
7:02 PM · Oct 2, 2020·Twitter Web App​

The Duke of Cambridge:

"Why is optimism and inspiring people to work together to repair the planet so important?

The @EarthshotPrize meets the UN Environment Programme’s Young Champions of the Earth "

"We are very grateful to The Duke of Cambridge for his recent support through our Fallen Ranger Fund for the families impacted by the devastating loss of six Rangers at Virunga National Park in January."

"Our CEO @BWCHBoss was honoured to talk to HRH The Duke of Cambridge today in his role as Patron of @NHSCharities. The charity gave us £252K to fund a network of Peer Support Workers to deliver a new youth mental health model of care in Bham"

Last edited by a moderator:
The Duke of Cambridge as Patron of London's Air Ambulance Charity joined a video meeting yesterday, May 11:

** Pic ** Post **

The Duke of Cambridge as Patron of The Passage visited the homelessness charity The Passage Westminster today, September 30, to marks its 40th anniversary:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** rex gallery **

The Duke of Cambridge has cooperated with Apple and has talked about his life for an appearance on Time to Walk on @applefitnessplus. In return the charities Give Us A Shout, Crisis Text Line and Lifeline Australia will receive donations from Apple for the Duke's appearance that will air from December 6.

Walking has been a feature of my life during the good times and the bad, come rain or shine. For me, it provides an opportunity to clear my mind and gain some perspective. It’s a key part of how I manage my mental health.

** twitter post **

Prince William shares about the depression he'd experienced in his Apple Podcast. As I'd suspected, it was related to what he'd seen during his years working for East Anglia Air Ambulance.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...e-reveals-engulfed-dark-cloud-depression.html

Prince William has revealed that he was engulfed by a dark cloud of anguish and depression after witnessing the aftermath of a devastating accident.
In a remarkable display of candour, the Duke vividly describes how his torment left him feeling as if 'the whole world was dying'.
His mental health crisis came after he helped to save the life of a gravely injured boy only a few years older than his son, Prince George, while working as a helicopter pilot for the air ambulance service.
In an extraordinarily frank podcast to be released tomorrow, the future King describes how he was deeply affected by what he experienced that day.
Overwhelmed by depressive feelings, he says it was as if 'something had changed' inside him.
Weeks later his despair intensified. As he describes it, it was 'like someone had put a key in a lock and opened it without me giving permission to do that'.
He adds: 'You just feel everyone's pain, everyone's suffering. And that's not me. I've never felt that before.'

The Duke of Cambridge as President of the Royal Marsden NHS hospital "met with Radio Marsden to answer questions from young patients of th @royalmarsdenNHS Foundation Trust, celebrate the passion of RMH staff and share a favourite Christmas song":

** twitter post ** radiomarsden webplayer **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom