The Duke of Cambridge Charities and Patronages 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no words for how good the Duke looks in black tie.....:D;):lol:

You and me both...:wub:. His picture needs to be in the dictionary next to words like 'dapper', 'dashing', 'distinguished', 'debonair', as well as 'compassionate', 'sincere', and 'gentlemanly'.

Thank you for the article. His Highness will indeed be a great King. I hope we're all able to witness his reign in some capacity.

I loved what the man in this article had to say about what kind of man William is! Could not have said it better.
Almost made me cry.....

Couldn't agree more.

Love the pictures. His smile is so sincere and warm. Makes you want to smile along with him :D.

That smile should be bottled up and sold to those who are feeling down. It would bring a great deal of sunshine.

I think the cake is brilliant. Couldn't have been easy to whip up hahaha.

will Kate attend it too?
As we know, she didn't and it's appropriate that she didn't.

It appears that this is William's patronage and he took an interest in this organization before his marriage. Prior to William's interest, the Queen Mother and Charles have also been involved, in some capacity, with St Giles.

From the website: St Giles Trust - breaking the cycle of offending
The Prince previously visited the charity in March 2009 when he met clients and staff at the charity’s head office in Camberwell, south London.

Last edited:

I don't see how it's appropriate she didn't attend, just because it's Williams patronage and he has a history with it doesn't mean she couldn't have attended with him. It's nice to have some company on an evening out y'know.

You and me both...:wub:. His picture needs to be in the dictionary next to words like 'dapper', 'dashing', 'distinguished', 'debonair', as well as 'compassionate', 'sincere', and 'gentlemanly'.

Love the pictures. His smile is so sincere and warm. Makes you want to smile along with him :D.

That smile should be bottled up and sold to those who are feeling down. It would bring a great deal of sunshine.

Indeed- along with the page that has a list of the things that make women drool!:lol:
Agree with all the other statements!:D

It appears that this is William's patronage and he took an interest in this organization before his marriage. Prior to William's interest, the Queen Mother and Charles have also been involved, in some capacity, with St Giles.

From the website: St Giles Trust - breaking the cycle of offending

I'd add two thoughts. Every time the Duke and Duchess appear together (and especially in the evening), the focus comes off the event and onto Kate and her frock/hair/etc. I think the couple realize this and choose to NOT go together when they want the focus to be on the charity or event. It's a very mature choice to make.

Second, on the frock issue, since the press has decided to tote up every penny she spends, one less night out means one less gown needed.

Just my opinion. ;)

I'd add two thoughts. Every time the Duke and Duchess appear together (and especially in the evening), the focus comes off the event and onto Kate and her frock/hair/etc. I think the couple realize this and choose to NOT go together when they want the focus to be on the charity or event. It's a very mature choice to make.

Second, on the frock issue, since the press has decided to tote up every penny she spends, one less night out means one less gown needed.

Just my opinion. ;)

Well the press and public better get used to them appearing together because although they each have their own patronages, going forward the focus is on The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry. That is to be their main charitable vehicle for the rest of their lives. I don't think it was planned for Catherine not to attend. The couple attend much higher profile events together than this and the tabloids will always focus on Catherine's hair and clothes because that's what winds up the tabloid readership

I don't see how it's appropriate she didn't attend, just because it's Williams patronage and he has a history with it doesn't mean she couldn't have attended with him. It's nice to have some company on an evening out y'know.

I meant that it's appropriate that each have their individual charities and interests as well as ones they do together.

It's a pattern that we will see more and more of - some individual, some joint engagements - similar to what Sophie and Edward do now.

Last edited:
The reality is that just like all the other royal couples, William & Catherine won't always attend the same event together. It's not about one taking the attention off the other but from time to time the royal couple do separate official engagements. That's the pattern married royal couples have been doing for decades.

Well yes, doing engagements separately makes sense and it's obvious to cover more ground. However I don't see why it's more appropriate for Catherine to attend one event with William instead of another. They obviously choose themselves when they want to do joint engagements, or they get invited together etc.

Well yes, doing engagements separately makes sense and it's obvious to cover more ground. However I don't see why it's more appropriate for Catherine to attend one event with William instead of another. They obviously choose themselves when they want to do joint engagements, or they get invited together etc.

Yes, the royals tend to have loose areas of interest that they tend to focus their attention on.

This is explained by Prince Edward from approximately 3:10 to 5:00 in the following video (Sophie is likely to do 'children, animals, disease' - Edward more likely to do 'youth, sports, the arts' - although overlaps are common and willingly carried out).

Actually, the whole video is rather interesting - it's only 6 1/2 minutes long, but gives some insight - from Anne and Edward themselves - on how engagements are chosen and carried out.

Princess Anne & Prince Edward talks..... - YouTube

Also, sometimes royal couples have private engagements or other commitments to attend to.

I'm sure both William & Catherine love doing their official engagements together. What I find very encouraging is that Catherine has gain a great deal of confidence to carryout some official engagements on her own. William is of course used to doing it but now his wife is able to handle this on her own too and I'm sure he's proud of her and the grace she has shown when she's doing solo engagements.

I have always liked this video because I think Prince Edward & Princess Anne make things pretty clear about how things work within the royals interest and what they actually think about the impact they have on these different charities and organizations.

I just thought Catherine had a previous personal engagement and as it was not her charity, it was William's it was ok that she chose to keep her personal commitment.

I just thought Catherine had a previous personal engagement and as it was not her charity, it was William's it was ok that she chose to keep her personal commitment.
There was an occasion very recently - but not this one - where it was announced that Kate would not attend a engagement with William due to a previous commitment. You might be thinking of that occasion - but it was not for occasion of the St. Giles dinner.

I think that generally when a royal couple are invited to an engagement, and subsequently one can't attend, an official announcement is made. (We also saw this recently when it was announced that William would attend a funeral and Kate would undertake the planned engagements - originally scheduled for both - on her own.)

ETA: It was the Hedge dinner where it was officially announced that Kate had a previous commitment. :flowers:

Last edited:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are to attend a Reception and Dinner in aid of University of St. Andrews 600th Anniversary Appeal On Thursday 8th November. It will be a black tie dinner at Middle Temple Inn in London.

Looking forward to the pictures.

Richard Palmer‏@RoyalReporter
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are on duty tonight at a fundraising dinner for the university where they met and fell in love.

Richard Palmer‏@RoyalReporter
Not much room for media at the St Andrews University 600th anniversary appeal fund tonight so we'll be relying on one pool reporter inside.

phil dampier ‏@phildampier William and Kate will be at gala dinner in London tonight to mark 600th aniversary of St Andrews Uni and raise funds for appeal.
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
I'm going to be with the Duke&Duchess of Cambridge tonight as they attend a dinner in aid of their old college, the University of St Andrews William and Kate are supporting its 600th anniversary appeal, which will fund bursaries for gifted studuents who can't afford to go to uni The gala dinner will take place at historic Middle Temple Inn in London - black tie dress code, so expect some gorgeous evening dresses! I'll be tweeting from the event but also keep an eye on MailOnline http://www.dailymail.co.uk for the full story - and of course those dresses!

JB ‏@Royal_beans The private charity dinner in London's Middle Temple Hall will also be attended by St Andrews principal and vice-chancellor Professor Louise

David Wilkinson ‏@Wilkinson_David Middle Temple Hall: V cool place where William + Kate will celebrate 600 yrs of their alma mater @univofstandrews pic.twitter.com/4kz3kox3
David Wilkinson ‏@Wilkinson_David Stunning Middle Temple Hall. William + Kate expected shortly for @univofstandrews dinner pic.twitter.com/uHPYc27G

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes It's all go in London today. St Andrews University 600th Anniversary Appeal Dinner arrivals next,attended by the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail The Hall at Middle Inn, laid for dinner awaiting the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge http://yfrog.com/kjtakqrjj

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom