The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-25-2011, 03:06 PM
Serene Highness

Kate talking to the crowd
ITV News exclusive: "It's great to be back! - Kate - ITV News

they block for those outside of the uk

here's another one

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:24 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Pure People

Kate Middleton, rouge passion, revient avec William là où leur amour est né !

Old 02-25-2011, 06:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought Kate looked amazing in that red dress/black polo combo. She has a great sense of style, and dresses very well to suit her figure and tastes. I'd love to get my hands on those boots!
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever......"
Old 02-25-2011, 07:01 PM
Royal Highness

I knew her outfit today reminded me of one Diana wore. Add some black buttons to the POW suit and it could be the same one in orange.

Kate Middleton Pictures - Prince William And Kate Middleton Visit University Of St Andrews - Zimbio

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 02-25-2011, 07:04 PM
Courtier

Thanks everyone for posting all the pictures and videos and such. Kate looks absolutely lovely and it's so nice to see her and William out and about doing these kinds of events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
I knew her outfit today reminded me of one Diana wore. Add some black buttons to the POW suit and it could be the same one in orange.

Kate Middleton Pictures - Prince William And Kate Middleton Visit University Of St Andrews - Zimbio

I'd immediately thought of the same thing!
Old 02-25-2011, 07:40 PM

In regards to William being affectionate with Kate during the walkabouts, it reminds me of how Diana was popular with the British because they had a royal who showed warmth to her children. Now, the Brits have royals who show warmth to each other! This may be very exciting for them!

Old 02-25-2011, 07:55 PM
Commoner

Quote:

As soon as I saw her outfit I thought it was very Diana .... didn't dare mention it incase the 'don't compare Kate to Diana' police jumped on me ... lol ...
It's such a classic look ... i just love it !!!
Old 02-26-2011, 12:04 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby1965 View Post
As soon as I saw her outfit I thought it was very Diana .... didn't dare mention it incase the 'don't compare Kate to Diana' police jumped on me ... lol ...
It's such a classic look ... i just love it !!!
I don't think there are any "police" as such.
In this case the comment was warranted but I think it was good that we all stopped and considered whether there was need to make it.
As you say, the look is classic and Catherine kept it current with the black buttons and the long boots.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:32 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Prince William and Catherine Middleton visited the university of St Andrews as Patron of the 600th Anniversary Appeal. February 25, 2011

PPE Agency Papal
Old 02-26-2011, 04:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Yes, maybe William kept his mom's wardrobe, gave it to Catherine (times of austerity, remember the engagement ring, the wish to include Mom...) and Catherine had it colored - from brighter to darker it's an easy option... Just kidding!!

But I can really see the headlines at the Di Express: Catherine recycles Diana's clothes and the Mail: Did William keep Mom's best frocks and gave it to Catherine?
Old 02-26-2011, 08:02 PM
Gentry

Quote:

Seriously, how many ways can a suit be worn? There's a limited number and in her time Diana certainly wore them all.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:19 PM
Courtier

There were a few of us who found the outfits very similar - I know as soon as I saw Kate wearing the outfit I thought of that outfit of Diana's (which happens to be one of my favorites of hers). I don't think anyone meant anything negative by bringing it up.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:01 PM
Royal Highness

http://m.people.com/newsitem.rbml?item=20469201

Kate and William's dorm reunion
Old 06-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Solo Prince William Horses Around—So Where's Kate Middleton?

Read more: Solo Prince William Horses Around—So Where's Kate Middleton? - E! Online

and here is another article about the event with tons of pictures.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Royal Highness

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...tays-home.html

William plays in Charity Polo Match
Old 06-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Solo Prince William Horses Around—So Where's Kate Middleton?

Read more: Solo Prince William Horses Around—So Where's Kate Middleton? - E! Online

and here is another article about the event with tons of pictures.
Silly title of the article. Nowhere, would be the answer, as she is no longer Kate Middleton. How hard is it to get it straight for the journalists, really?
Old 06-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The journalists are never going to get her title/name right, expecting that they will is a waste of energy.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:41 PM
Administrator

Exactly. Camilla is often referred to as Camilla Parker Bowles, and some refer to Sarah and Sophie as Sarah Ferguson Duchess of York and Sophie Rhys Jones Countess of Wessex.

Old 06-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Exactly. Camilla is often referred to as Camilla Parker Bowles, and some refer to Sarah and Sophie as Sarah Ferguson Duchess of York and Sophie Rhys Jones Countess of Wessex.
Is it me or is that their ignorance or plain rude? Or both?

Tags
centrepoint, charities, patronages, prince william, tusk trust