The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-30-2015, 12:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Anti-Bullying Pro ‏@AntiBullyingPro
Tonight at 9pm our Anti-Bullying training with HRH Prince William is featured on @BBCR1's #BullyingSpecial with @gemcairn @DrRadhaModgil

Old 09-30-2015, 12:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Tonight at 9pm our Anti-Bullying training with HRH Prince William is featured on @BBCR1's #BullyingSpecial with @gemcairn @DrRadhaModgil
That's great!!

Old 09-30-2015, 07:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:

Wish this could be used for teacher workshops here in the States.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
Gary Barlow will perform for the Duke of Cambridge and other guests at Child Bereavement UK's 21st birthday dinner on October 15.

William, who is royal patron of Child Bereavement UK, will meet the charity's supporters at the bash at the Banqueting House in London.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:06 AM
Heir Apparent

So exciting! William + children = amazing. If past events with this charity are anything to go by- I better have the tissues ready! Heck, to be honest- I'm tearing up now as I type...
Old 10-02-2015, 11:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:

Gary Barlow will perform for the Duke of Cambridge and other guests at Child Bereavement UK's 21st birthday dinner on October 15.

William, who is royal patron of Child Bereavement UK, will meet the charity's supporters at the bash at the Banqueting House in London.
Really looking forward to this. William is excellent with children, and I'm sure this particular charity is very close to his heart for many reasons. I'll be getting my tissues ready, that's for sure.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-02-2015, 03:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Maybe I'm totally off on this one but from what it sounds like, this is going to be an evening dinner with staff and the supporters of Child Bereavement at a banquet hall and not at the actual charity itself. I'd really be surprised if any of the children themselves were there. Kids and their parents that need the support of this wonderful charity most likely would not feel up to going public with what they're going through.

Then again I could be wrong.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-02-2015, 06:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree it sounds similar to the Tusk event at Syon House. More about thanking the staff and donors. Maybe people who used the service in the past.

When WK went to the charity when Kate was pregnant with George the meeting with the people who lost child or parent was behind closed doors.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 10-14-2015, 06:03 PM
Heir Apparent

William is Royal Patron of Child Bereavement UK

Quote:

Child Bereavement UK @cbukhelp
Not long until CBUK’s 21st birthday event at #banquetinghouse attended by HRH The Duke of Cambridge @KensingtonRoyal
Old 10-15-2015, 03:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince William paid a moving tribute to his late mother tonight at a bereavement charity fundraising dinner.

The prince spoke of his admiration for Princess Diana and said: "Grief is the most painful experience that any child or parent can endure."

The prince, who was just 15 when his mother was killed in a car accident in a Paris tunnel on August 31 1997, addressed the 270 guests at the 21st birthday for Child Bereavement UK at Banqueting House.

William said: "Twenty-one years ago last month, my mother attended the launch of the Child Bereavement Charity.

"Fifteen years later, I was honoured to be invited to become Patron of Child Bereavement UK to continue my mother's commitment to a charity which is very dear to me.
Read more: Prince William pays tribute to mum Diana: ''Grief is the most painful experience a child or parent can endure'' - Mirror Online

A speech by The Duke of Cambridge at Child Bereavement Charity UK 21st Anniversary dinner
Old 10-15-2015, 04:40 PM
Commoner

I am so grateful to William for acknowledging the importance of helping parents and children cope with grief. I have too much experience with this, having lost my mother at age 14 and my dear son this year when he was 41. He had end-stage Multiple Sclerosis. My son has two daughters, ages 10 and 4, who have greatly benefitted from art therapy with a hospice organization. They have learned they are not alone in grief and have support from the community. I think it's more important than ever to help children cope with grief, especially since our society is so mobile.

Love that William has the courage to express what a painful loss he suffered, and help others.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

'Grief is the most painful experience' William opens up about Princess Diana's death-
Prince William opens up about Princess Diana's death | Royal | News | Daily Express

Don't why the editor used a picture of actors in a Diana movie in this article. That's a silly error, IMO.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-15-2015, 06:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebound View Post
I am so grateful to William for acknowledging the importance of helping parents and children cope with grief. I have too much experience with this, having lost my mother at age 14 and my dear son this year when he was 41. He had end-stage Multiple Sclerosis. My son has two daughters, ages 10 and 4, who have greatly benefitted from art therapy with a hospice organization. They have learned they are not alone in grief and have support from the community. I think it's more important than ever to help children cope with grief, especially since our society is so mobile.

Love that William has the courage to express what a painful loss he suffered, and help others.
Very sorry to read that you r son passed away this year Rebound.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince William opened up about his painful past in an emotional speech.

The 33-year-old royal spoke of the heartbreak of losing a loved one on Thursday night when he attended a gala in London celebrating the 21st anniversary of the Child Bereavement Charity, an organization that was supported by his late mother, Princess Diana.

"Twenty-one years ago last month, my mother attended the launch of the Child Bereavement Charity," William began his speech. "Fifteen years later, I was honored to be invited to become Patron of Child Bereavement UK to continue my mother's commitment to a charity which is very dear to me.
Read more: Prince William Speaking at the Child Bereavement Charity 2015 : People.com
Old 10-16-2015, 01:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-19-2015, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Endeavour Fund @EndeavourFund
The Duke presented Henry with Union & @endeavourfund flags at Kensington Palace #ShackletonSolo #southpole
https://twitter.com/EndeavourFund/st...90232949968896

Endeavour Fund ‏@EndeavourFund
The Duke of Cambridge is Patron of the expedition. He met with Henry today to wish him luck on this inspiring adventure #ShackletonSolo

Henry is doing this in memory of friends & comrades that have been injured during military service, with proceeds donated to @endeavourfund

Polar explorer Henry Worsley is undertaking Shackleton’s unfinished journey to the South Pole. 1st solo unsupported attempt #ShackletonSolo

Quote:
The Duke of Cambridge has waved off an intrepid explorer hoping to become the first solo adventurer to cross the Antarctic unassisted and unsupported as he follows in the footsteps of Sir Ernest Shackleton.

Former Army officer Henry Worsley, 55, a descendant of Frank Worsley, Shackleton’s skipper on the Endurance, will endure freezing temperatures, high winds and treacherous ice as he treks to the South Pole then travels to the other side of the land mass during a gruelling journey expected to last around 75 days.

William is patron of Mr Worsley’s 2015/16 Shackleton Solo Challenge and told him when they met at Kensington Palace: “It’s a huge challenge, but there’s no better person than you, we’ll be thinking of you at Christmas.”

Read more: Henry Worsley’s Shackleton Solo Challenge waved off by Prince William | Western Morning News
Old 10-21-2015, 09:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
BAFTA President The Duke of Cambridge, presented a gift to Xi Jinping on behalf of BAFTA, in a move to promote open, creative collaboration between the UK and China.

On Wednesday 21 October, His Royal Highness The Duke of Cambridge, presented a gift on behalf of the Academy to Xi Jinping, President of the People’s Republic of China. The presentation was made at Lancaster House in London as part of an event to celebrate President Xi Jinping’s State Visit to the UK between 20 and 23 October 2015.
Read more: BAFTA Commemorates UK State Visit of Xi Jinping, President of The People’s Republic Of China | BAFTA
Old 10-22-2015, 02:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Endeavour Fund @EndeavourFund
The Duke presented Henry with Union & @endeavourfund flags at Kensington Palace #ShackletonSolo #southpole
https://twitter.com/EndeavourFund/st...90232949968896

The Duke of Cambridge is Patron of the expedition. He met with Henry today to wish him luck on this inspiring adventure #ShackletonSolo

Henry is doing this in memory of friends & comrades that have been injured during military service, with proceeds donated to @endeavourfund

Polar explorer Henry Worsley is undertaking Shackleton’s unfinished journey to the South Pole. 1st solo unsupported attempt #ShackletonSolo

Read more: Henry Worsley’s Shackleton Solo Challenge waved off by Prince William | Western Morning News

All the Luck in the World to Henry in this Journey. I can't imagine anything that can be both gruelling and dangerous. All the Luck in the World to him.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Ben Slade @benroryslade
A fantastic meeting with @KensingtonRoyal yesterday. The support the team have given @SkillForceUK is absolutely first rate. Thank you!
Old 11-10-2015, 11:10 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Marsden ‏@royalmarsden
We're really excited that our President, HRH The Duke of Cambridge, will be visiting our Sutton hospital on Wednesday 18 November!

The Duke of Cambridge, President, will visit The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, Sutton, on November 18.

Prince William, HRH The Duke of Cambridge, President of The Royal Marsden

Tags
centrepoint, charities, patronages, prince william, tusk trust