Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-14-2009, 03:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Another article.
Prince William: 'Mummy' is a hollow word for me - CNN.com

Old 03-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Nice little article
How Diana and Wills have helped a mother bring hope to grieving children | Mail Online

Old 03-27-2009, 12:46 AM
Majesty

That was a very good article, ghost_night! I liked the pictures of William and Diana with Ms. Samuel. It's always interesting to read about the 'behind the scenes' stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Old 03-27-2009, 01:04 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Indeed such a beautiful article. I love seeing Prince William and Harry carrying on what their mother did, including the people that she met.
I certainly cannot wait till William becomes king.
I was just wondering has William ever visited yorkshire? or did Diana for that matter?
x
Old 10-14-2011, 03:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
SkyNewsRoyal Paul Harrison

#royal #william #kate The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge attended an event last night which helped raise £675,000 for Child Bereavement Charity
#royal #william #kate 100 Women in Hedge Funds held gala at St James' Palace. William is patron of both 100WHF and Child Bereavement Charity
#royal #william #kate for details later about last night's event, and for more info about the great work they do, follow @cbchelp

SkyNewsRoyal Paul Harrison

#royal #william #kate 100WHF is focuing for a year each on 3 of William's Patronages: Centrepoint 2010, @cbchelp 2011, Skill Force in 2012.

I asked him if we'll get any pix later on let's see what his reply is....
I know it hasn't been that long but it feels like forever since we've gotten new pix guess we were just spoiled rotten during the NA tour so now it seems weird. Haven't been here in a while I've missed this place!
Old 10-14-2011, 07:09 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attended last night at a 100 Women in Hedge Found

100WHF News: 100 Women in Hedge Funds' London Gala raises over £675,000 for Child Bereavement Charity

100 Women in Hedge Funds Events: London Gala 2011

"Hello" Lady in red Duchess of Cambridge raises £675,000

"Daily Mail"
Duchess in red: William and Kate are guests of honour at charity gala
Old 10-14-2011, 02:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attended last night at a 100 Women in Hedge Found

"Daily Mail"
Duchess in red: William and Kate are guests of honour at charity gala
I always feel a special sense of poignancy when William attends an event in support of the CBC. The cause must be close to his heart- such is the case when one can relate to the cause due to personal life experience. That charity has an ideal Patron- nobody could do better!
Old 10-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Commoner

More on the event and the label Kate wore - one of the dress designers is now married to Kate's ex Rupert Finch: Kate & William at St. James’ Palace (Kate’s 3rd Evening Gown Appearance as HRH!) UPDATED « The Royal Post
Old 10-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
I always feel a special sense of poignancy when William attends an event in support of the CBC. The cause must be close to his heart- such is the case when one can relate to the cause due to personal life experience. That charity has an ideal Patron- nobody could do better!
I agree with you. I read his speech that Marika86 kindly posted, and it spoke volumes about his passion for this cause. He understands the grief of losing a close family member (a parent nonetheless) and can provide strength and support to families who are dealing with the same sorrow.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Royal Highness

www.whatkatewore.com

http://m.people.com/newsitem.rbml?item=20536940
Old 10-14-2011, 07:06 PM
Heir Apparent

I found more pix!
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt...rmi6o2_500.jpg
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt...rmi6o1_500.jpg
http://www.isopix.be/temp/preview/IS...357773-005.JPG
Credit: Isopix

EDIT: 1 untagged
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt...btf2o1_500.jpg
Old 10-15-2011, 12:29 AM
Majesty

An article from 'Us' magazine about Thursday's event.

Prince William, Kate Were "Charming" at Charity Event - UsMagazine.com

Old 10-01-2015, 05:12 AM
Majesty

The Duke of Cambridge as Royal Patron of Child Bereavement UK

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
Gary Barlow will perform for the Duke of Cambridge and other guests at Child Bereavement UK's 21st birthday dinner on October 15.

William, who is royal patron of Child Bereavement UK, will meet the charity's supporters at the bash at the Banqueting House in London.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:06 AM
Heir Apparent

So exciting! William + children = amazing. If past events with this charity are anything to go by- I better have the tissues ready! Heck, to be honest- I'm tearing up now as I type...
Old 10-02-2015, 11:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post

Gary Barlow will perform for the Duke of Cambridge and other guests at Child Bereavement UK's 21st birthday dinner on October 15.

William, who is royal patron of Child Bereavement UK, will meet the charity's supporters at the bash at the Banqueting House in London.
Really looking forward to this. William is excellent with children, and I'm sure this particular charity is very close to his heart for many reasons. I'll be getting my tissues ready, that's for sure.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 10-02-2015, 03:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Maybe I'm totally off on this one but from what it sounds like, this is going to be an evening dinner with staff and the supporters of Child Bereavement at a banquet hall and not at the actual charity itself. I'd really be surprised if any of the children themselves were there. Kids and their parents that need the support of this wonderful charity most likely would not feel up to going public with what they're going through.

Then again I could be wrong.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 10-02-2015, 06:13 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree it sounds similar to the Tusk event at Syon House. More about thanking the staff and donors. Maybe people who used the service in the past.

When WK went to the charity when Kate was pregnant with George the meeting with the people who lost child or parent was behind closed doors.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 10-14-2015, 06:03 PM
Majesty

William is Royal Patron of Child Bereavement UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post

Child Bereavement UK @cbukhelp
Not long until CBUK’s 21st birthday event at #banquetinghouse attended by HRH The Duke of Cambridge @KensingtonRoyal
Old 10-15-2015, 03:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Prince William paid a moving tribute to his late mother tonight at a bereavement charity fundraising dinner.

The prince spoke of his admiration for Princess Diana and said: "Grief is the most painful experience that any child or parent can endure."

The prince, who was just 15 when his mother was killed in a car accident in a Paris tunnel on August 31 1997, addressed the 270 guests at the 21st birthday for Child Bereavement UK at Banqueting House.

William said: "Twenty-one years ago last month, my mother attended the launch of the Child Bereavement Charity.

"Fifteen years later, I was honoured to be invited to become Patron of Child Bereavement UK to continue my mother's commitment to a charity which is very dear to me.
Read more: Prince William pays tribute to mum Diana: ''Grief is the most painful experience a child or parent can endure'' - Mirror Online

A speech by The Duke of Cambridge at Child Bereavement Charity UK 21st Anniversary dinner