Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The Duke of Cambridge as President of The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust

Arms of HRH The Duke of Cambridge

The Duke of Cambridge as
President of The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust

Announced May 4, 2007

"At The Royal Marsden, we deal with cancer every day so we understand how valuable life is.
And when people entrust their lives to us, they have the right to demand the very best."

Official Website

Old 05-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Serene Highness

Prince William becomes President of the Royal Marsden Hospital

The Prince of Wales - Prince William becomes President of the Royal Marsden Hospital

Old 05-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
The Prince has previously visited the hospital, most recently in December 2005, when he undertook two days work experience in the Children’s Unit. Prince William helped out in a variety of departments, including medical research, catering, and fund-raising, as well as visiting a number of wards including children’s units.
It sounds like a wonderful place, I can see why William would want to support the hospital and its research.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Nobility

That's wonderful William visited the patients and staff. He really seems like a kind person and will be a great king one day.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie28 View Post
That's wonderful William visited the patients and staff. He really seems like a kind person and will be a great king one day.
One visit a Saint does not make...
Old 01-04-2008, 01:16 PM
Aristocracy

I think his military training has been far too extensive. A short period of time (maybe around 4-6 months) with each branch of the military would have sufficed to give him an impression of military workings. He doesn't need a full-fledged 3 year education as commander on one of the best military schools in the UK (Sandhurst) when it's clear to everyone that he'll never use it. Neither does he need to be trained to fly jets. As head of the armed forces he's not supposed to fight with them but merely a figure head and he can very well be that without spending so much time as a "toy soldier". He'd be far better off spending his time on charity work and in the diplomatic services, IMO, since that's the main "working area" for Royals nowadays.

I think it's a good sign that he decided to visit the hospital (probably on short notice since the fire was only a couple of days ago). I hope he'll participate in more engagements this year and shows some initiative of his own when it comes to charity work. Harry has his own charity since he's 18 after all while William hasn't really shown much interest in any particular field, yet.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
One visit a Saint does not make...
I'm sure to those people he is a saint. They are ill people and on top of that they had to be evacuated from one hospital to another because the hospital they were in caught fire and they are happy to know that people care. Whether or not he is a saint to you is your own opinion.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:21 PM

Te be frank, big deal that he went. It's about time. Gordon Brown was down there immediately, what took Wills so long? Was he sobering up? It's obvious this has been forced by the spin doctors to improve his image, he has no interest in those people or that hospital and he's condescending to them by pretending he does.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
A military family who can no longer serve in the military. How is learning to fly useful to William when he'll never be asked to fly a plane? Come on. All they can do is wear uniforms and mince about and in my book that's not military service - that's a fetish weekend in Hove.
I know we've been through this in another thread, but to claim that military training and simply putting on a uniform for the sake of dressing up are the same thing is nonsensical, as well as being insulting to people who have served in the military in a non-combat capacity in the past.

Harry's Afrika Korps uniform was a case of using military gear for dressing up; William's RAF training isn't. Please don't try and claim you don't know the difference.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:03 PM

In my view Elspeth, there is no difference. And thats the truth, I see no difference at all.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

No difference between months of training and simply putting on a uniform? How about the difference between medical training and putting on a white coat? No difference at all?
Old 01-04-2008, 07:21 PM

When you train and put that white coat on, you go on to treat people in that white coat. When you train and put on a uniform, you usually go to do something worthwhile in the army. It's been made abundantly clear that William can NEVER fight and he can't have a desk job so what's the point? His training has simply been to justify him wearing a uniform in his future role as King. Which IMO is ridiculous.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

why cant he Have a Desk Job Beatrix Fan
Old 01-04-2008, 08:50 PM

The little matter of him being a member of the Royal Family who should be doing Royal duties?
Old 01-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

He Has done quite a few hasnt he anyway what will his F.O. Uniform look like
Old 05-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Courtier

Prince william visit the royal marsden hospital but near happened in shooting where he visit there.. Thankully no hurt...

Police come under fire in London's fashionable King's Road close to Prince William's visit to hospital | the Daily Mail
Old 05-07-2008, 05:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Pics from Mediumphoto
HRH Prince William visiting the Royal Marsden Hospital in Kensington, 2008-05-06.
MediumPhoto
Old 03-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince William has told a young cancer patient about his childhood dream job and why he would beat Prince Harry at arm wrestling.

Prince William: My Police Dream, My Harry Potter Scar And Why I'd Beat Prince Harry At Arm Wrestling | UK News | Sky News
Old 03-18-2009, 04:19 PM
Commoner

WHOA ! Wills has really stepped it up a notch recently...he`s everywhere ! I guess being criticised for doing nothing really struck a cord with Clarence House, it seems his agenda is all of a sudden full =) which is good, if he keeps that up he could beat Pr Anne`s yearly record of engagements

Good job Will, u know i love ya