The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-30-2011, 11:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Just watched the You Tube vid of this visit. The most lovely thing was when Alice came forward to give the Duchess her bouquet the Duke's face positively and genuinely LIT up with joy at seeing her again!

Old 10-01-2011, 12:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Just watched the You Tube vid of this visit. The most lovely thing was when Alice came forward to give the Duchess her bouquet the Duke's face positively and genuinely LIT up with joy at seeing her again!
Oh those are the precious moments that really makes you realize there is good in the world.

Old 10-01-2011, 01:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Where is the video?
Old 10-01-2011, 01:32 AM
Heir Apparent

^I know for sure the video on the end of the dailymail article features Alice. Here's the link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...l-Marsden.html

Here's another vid I found
Old 10-01-2011, 02:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you!Will is so sweet!
Old 10-01-2011, 02:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Thank you!Will is so sweet!
(Remember folks I don't hear well and don't have sound hooked up to my computer.)

The only part of William and Kate's visit I think that gave Wills a spot of the heebie jeebies was making that speech. He's not much of a public speaker... yet.

He's totally at ease talking one on one with the kids and folks but being in the suit coat and making an "official" speech, you can tell he's not that comfortable. I thought too that for the "official" part of the revealing the plaque, both William and Kate did put on the official duty actions.

In other words, they were more themselves until the "official" part had to be done. Then again I do picture Wills as a more roll up the sleeves type of guy than a staunch "by the rules" type. Perhaps its just me.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Heir Apparent

I also see how Will is more comfortable in the meet and greet in comparison to making formal speeches; he seems so natural in relating to people. I wonder if he has a hand in the speechwriting, or leaves it up to his staff; at the very least, I'm sure he reviews it and has his input. As well, I like how Will motioned Kate over to his side and deferred to her in pulling the curtain cord to the plaque; he just seems to want to present her to the public as much as possible.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Majesty

Thank you for the videos, ghost_night!

One of my favorite parts was seeing Catherine color with a little girl. She had such a smile on her face. I think this couple does enjoy one-to-one interactions with patients/members of the public (and William is indeed better at that part and feels more comfortable when doing it). Catherine seems to handle the attention with a little more ease than her husband. However, I always love seeing them interact with people. They're natural and sincere.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:04 PM
Majesty

I have the same impression. With the Duchess, it's natural that she'd find official occasions a bit uncomfortable; William and she will hopefully become more comfortable as the years go by. I remember seeing a video of Prince Edward wherein he says that he tries to make things like plaque unveiling a bit entertaining so that they aren't all the same all the time. I guess that the frustrated actor in him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
In other words, they were more themselves until the "official" part had to be done. Then again I do picture Wills as a more roll up the sleeves type of guy than a staunch "by the rules" type. Perhaps its just me.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I have the same impression. With the Duchess, it's natural that she'd find official occasions a bit uncomfortable; William and she will hopefully become more comfortable as the years go by. I remember seeing a video of Prince Edward wherein he says that he tries to make things like plaque unveiling a bit entertaining so that they aren't all the same all the time. I guess that the frustrated actor in him.
I can understand where he's coming from though. When you're doing the same thing only at different places, it can get a little tedious. I think it's a great idea to liven it up a bit (for the audience and the Royal).

Old 10-02-2011, 03:18 AM
Heir Apparent

On the side of this article is a great mini "my view" article by Arthur Edwards
Kate and Wills open cancer ward | The Sun |News
Old 10-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
On the side of this article is a great mini "my view" article by Arthur Edwards
Kate and Wills open cancer ward | The Sun |News
great article!!!! I love arthur edwards work!!!!
Old 10-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

William is just so adorable I just think he's a lovely young man. I am certain he has hie human flaws but in his public life I am always thrilled to see him. Thanks for the video...
Old 10-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Majesty

A bit of a blast from the past. Another video dealing with the opening of the Oak Centre last week.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you Daria_S for putting the short film up on the Duke and Duchess's visit.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Beth who met William and Catherine back in September at the Royal Marsden Hospital has passed away today. These 2 pictures of them were posted.
RoyallyKate
Old 02-29-2012, 03:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Beth who met William and Catherine back in September at the Royal Marsden Hospital has passed away today. These 2 pictures of them were posted.
RoyallyKate
That is tragic indeed. My heart goes out to the parents of this young girl.

Old 02-29-2012, 04:25 PM
Heir Apparent

That really is sad news. I hope the visit brought at least a glimmer of happiness in her last days.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Another teen who met the royal couple has passed away. The royal couple,are said to be saddened by the news
Kate Middleton and Prince William saddened after death of teenage cancer patients - Mirror Online
Old 03-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Tragic.... but how comforting the memories of that special day must be for the parents.