The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 09-29-2011, 01:12 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rose Bush, United States
Posts: 5,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, arrives in Sutton, south-east England, to open a children's cancer unit at the Royal Marsden Hospital. September 29, 2011


Daily Mail: Following in Diana's footsteps: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit cancer-stricken children at Royal Marsden hospital
What I expected to see, but was delighted by!
I think William comes across as very dutiful and caring, working a long night, but not saying, " Cancel, I'm too tired."
How many Royals do you know that take their suit-jacket off, and wash in antiseptic gel, without a murmur?
Loved that he and Kate sat on patients beds. Loved William cracking jokes, and the overall laid- back manner.
As usual, they were a hit! Britain is lucky...
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 09-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
What I expected to see, but was delighted by!
I think William comes across as very dutiful and caring, working a long night, but not saying, " Cancel, I'm too tired."
How many Royals do you know that take their suit-jacket off, and wash in antiseptic gel, without a murmur?
Loved that he and Kate sat on patients beds. Loved William cracking jokes, and the overall laid- back manner.
As usual, they were a hit! Britain is lucky...
Spot on, as usual.

Here are some more pictures from the visit.

They probably made this little boy's day. He looks adorable and happy (albeit maybe a little shy).
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...61_634x730.jpg

Pointing something out.
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...Vtm2U8YpBl.jpg

Bring on that enthusiasm, Catherine!
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...0G1YS/610x.jpg

Having a chat.
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls...2uzgo1_400.jpg

The famous guiding hand.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...EGbj1/610x.jpg

Love the fact that it goes both ways.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...nw0XG/x610.jpg

Mingling with the crowd.
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/127...B3F39CE8AE6CB0

More flowers.
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls...rmi6o1_400.jpg

His speech, and the clips of the visit made me tear up. The smiles on the faces of these children say it all.
Duke of Cambridge races from rescue mission to royal engagement - Telegraph

Video from BBC.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15110511
__________________

__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-29-2011, 04:00 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,779
Was a little sad to hear Alice is being treated for a brain tumour. I think last we had heard from her the cancer had left not quite too sure it has been 2 years but I hope the best for her. She really has grown hasn't she?! I read Catherine took off her engagement ring when she went inside and when she left she hadn't put it back on so I do hope she remembered to grab it before she left!
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 09-29-2011, 04:01 PM
Baroness of Books's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bookstacks, United States
Posts: 5,806
Daria, very nice photos and I really like the captions; I can't even say which is my favorite. I always get a chuckle when I see Kate so expressive with her hands; she must have some Italian blood in her!

Anyway, it looked like a wonderful visit that went down well and I'm in total agreement with Roseroyal's comments.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 09-29-2011, 04:05 PM
XeniaCasaraghi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Texas, United States
Posts: 3,616
Just a question, will Kate have to...IDK..."learn" to not use her hands so much? I don't have a problem with it, I was just wondering.
__________________
Princess Grace, April 19, 1956
Princess Margaret Rose, May 6, 1960
Crown Princess Mette-Marit, August 25, 2001
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 09-29-2011, 04:40 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Daria, very nice photos and I really like the captions; I can't even say which is my favorite. I always get a chuckle when I see Kate so expressive with her hands; she must have some Italian blood in her!

Anyway, it looked like a wonderful visit that went down well and I'm in total agreement with Roseroyal's comments.
Yes, her gesticulating reminds me of my cousin's neighbors, who Italian (the parents came from Italy, but the children were born here). They were always so expressive, and used their hands to emphasize a point. I think the using one's hands can help the conversation, and make it a bit more lively.

I don't know how I came up with the captions. I think it just happened. I didn't want to post links without some sort of description. Gave pictures more 'life', if you will (not that they were boring to begin with).

I think this visit was another success Catherine and William can add to their list of 'a job well done'. It would seem that everywhere they go, they bring about smiles. It's wonderful to see (and I don't think I need to talk about how both of them are wonderful with children).
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 09-29-2011, 06:31 PM
Baroness of Books's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bookstacks, United States
Posts: 5,806
I'm of Italian descent, so if I couldn't use my hands when talking I'd be mute! I feel it adds more "punctuation" to a conversation.

I'm sure, though, that Kate's habit of gesturing might be an area where her training may emphasize less of it. I really hope she doesn't totally lose that trait because I'd hate to see all of her naturalness subdued.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 09-29-2011, 06:41 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rose Bush, United States
Posts: 5,232
Thank you both ladies!
Love the pics.
The smiles say it all... Will posing with the little boy is my favorite... How many Royals kneel on the floor with kids?
Know I am going to sound like a broken record, but William does Diana proud... the pic of him laughing on the bed makes me think of a wonderful Di vid on You Tube, she is visiting a cystic fibrosis patient, and she plonks down on the bed right down on the nurse's call button. Nurse comes in to find Di laughing her head off...
I bet William and Kate will make wonderful, involved parents... they are so awesome with kids, ( but we already know that)
I hope William and Kate keep the William and Kate touch when they are King and Queen.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 09-29-2011, 06:57 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,779
Some vids of the visit
Video Clips : William and Kate visit the Royal Marsden Hospital - Princess Diana Remembered
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 09-29-2011, 07:24 PM
Molly2101's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Thank you both ladies!
Love the pics.
The smiles say it all... Will posing with the little boy is my favorite... How many Royals kneel on the floor with kids?
Know I am going to sound like a broken record, but William does Diana proud... the pic of him laughing on the bed makes me think of a wonderful Di vid on You Tube, she is visiting a cystic fibrosis patient, and she plonks down on the bed right down on the nurse's call button. Nurse comes in to find Di laughing her head off...
I bet William and Kate will make wonderful, involved parents... they are so awesome with kids, ( but we already know that)
Sophie interacts with the children when she does visits to these areas, as well as her personal interest in visiting children with learning difficulties. She kneels, haha. But I can't picture any of the others doing it, William seems to be at ease with the public and his visits. More so than he was in the past. It's lovely to see, especially with Catherine present now. They both seemed very comfortable chatting with the children.

It's nice to see each William and Catherine placing hands on one anothers shoulder. I am often annoyed by how afraid of displaying affection our British royal couples are. Even a gesture of placing a hand on the shoulder is nice, but you never see the other couples doing it. Nice and refreshing.
__________________
"I am yours, you are mine, of that be sure. You are locked in my heart, the little key is lost and now you must stay there forever."
Written by Princess Alix of Hesse and by Rhine in the diary of her fiance, Tsarevich Nicholas.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 09-29-2011, 07:35 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I'm of Italian descent, so if I couldn't use my hands when talking I'd be mute! I feel it adds more "punctuation" to a conversation.

I'm sure, though, that Kate's habit of gesturing might be an area where her training may emphasize less of it. I really hope she doesn't totally lose that trait because I'd hate to see all of her naturalness subdued.
That is something I fear as well. I think if she were advised to be more 'subdued', then the Firm would be throwing away the best aspect of Catherine; her natural ease with people, and desire to be hands-on.

Roseroyal, I'm with you 110%. I haven't seen too many Royals kneel down and play with the kids, and actually have fun doing it (of course Diana, William, Catherine, Harry, and Sophie are exceptions to that rule). I've seen some pictures of Royals from the Continent interacting with children, and the only one who even comes close to people I've listed above is Crown Princess Victoria. Her face (just like Diana & Co.'s lights up when talking with children).
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-29-2011, 07:41 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 10,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
That is something I fear as well. I think if she were advised to be more 'subdued', then the Firm would be throwing away the best aspect of Catherine; her natural ease with people, and desire to be hands-on.

Roseroyal, I'm with you 110%. I haven't seen too many Royals kneel down and play with the kids, and actually have fun doing it (of course Diana, William, Catherine, Harry, and Sophie are exceptions to that rule). I've seen some pictures of Royals from the Continent interacting with children, and the only one who even comes close to people I've listed above is Crown Princess Victoria. Her face (just like Diana & Co.'s lights up when talking with children).
If she would'nt be interacting with the kids,she would look like she does not want to be there.I think she's sweet!
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 09-29-2011, 07:43 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
If she would'nt be interacting with kids,she would look like she does not want to be there.I think she's sweet!
I agree with you. I wasn't trying to criticize her, and I apologize if it came out that way .
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 09-29-2011, 07:54 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 10,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I agree with you. I wasn't trying to criticize her, and I apologize if it came out that way .

I did'nt think you were!

Anyway,I loved the pictures of Will with the kids!
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 09-29-2011, 08:15 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I did'nt think you were!

Anyway,I loved the pictures of Will with the kids!
Ok, good. I always that the tone of comments may be misinterpreted, especially on the internet.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 09-29-2011, 08:44 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 4,042
Thank you for the video. They both appear to have good interaction with children.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 09-29-2011, 11:09 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,779
Another awesome video
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 09-29-2011, 11:45 PM
corazon's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: -In some dark place-, Argentina
Posts: 2,047
well, yes..... I am crying, he is diana's son!!!! I love see they with children can't wair for see catherine and william own kids!!!! diana do a very good with wills and harry. loverly pictures
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 09-29-2011, 11:52 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 12,537
Please lets not start the William is Diana's son discussion again....it gives off the impression that Charles had no role in William's up bringing. Whether one means or not....very often it is interpreted that way and we go off topic.

Thank you!
__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 09-30-2011, 01:55 AM
BritishRoyals's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: --, United States
Posts: 113
Absolutely thrilled to see the Cambridges yesterday. They both look especially bright, gorgeous and happy -- and the pictures just made me smile. Glad to see them back from hibernation looking so well.

@Rosapru: interesting. Wonder if that's part of her "education" or charity research.
__________________

__________________
*** Baby Cambridge Fundraiser === http://www.justgiving.com/BabyCambridgeFundraiser ***
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Prince's Trust and The Prince's Charities, Patronages and Causes Julia The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall 835 Yesterday 06:15 PM
The Royal Foundation of Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and Duke & Duchess of Sussex ghost_night554 British Royals 410 05-15-2019 07:11 AM
Queen Silvia as President of the Mentor Foundation International GrandDuchess King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia 129 05-09-2019 11:22 AM
Trust Funds for the Queen's Children and Grandchildren yvr girl British Royals 58 06-02-2017 09:03 PM




Popular Tags
administrator aif aristocracy belgian british royal family britishroyals clothes crown crown prince hussein's future wife current events dailyfail daughter daughters de belgique denmark duchessofsussex duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex earl of wessex forum french revolution friendly city genealogy germany gordon greece harry headship iñaki urdangarín juan carlos kiko lady louise mountbatten-windsor lineage meghan markle member monarchist monarchy monogram patron prince harry prince laurent princenapoleon princess anne princess claire princess eugenie princess of belgium public image qe2 queen elizabeth quizz rania of jordan remarriage royal royal ladies sarah duchess of york savoy saxony siblings south africa state visit surname the crown titles uk styles tradition united kingdom valois viscount severn windsor castle ww1



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:39 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises